Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Not So Black and White [DW/Cian]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 18:02:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The words of weighed on Josh hard.

Bewildered and confused, Josh did not understand why could find one set of weaknesses in him, yet at the same time, Callan could praise him for the very same things Matias called him out for. As he wandered around the eastern outskirts of Rustboro City astride his Jolteon, his entire saddled Eeveelution rainbow keeping him company, his mind drifted to a specific point the standing Elite Four member made.

His views towards Team Rocket indicate traits of a distorted morality that make them prone to irrational and unstable behavior, which can be detrimental to their relationships and well-being and lead to other negative consequences.

immediately came to mind. Was he truly the exception, or were others like him common in Team Rocket? That, and other questions about Rocket, were ones he hoped to get answers from Rustboro Gym Leader from today.

{WC: 152}
{PC: 1}

ooc: Kairi and Blinky's Poké Balls are not on Josh's belt.

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Kairi          Vaporeon        Good
Blinky         Jolteon         Good
Clyde          Flareon         Good
Janus          Espeon          Good
Kamuy          Umbreon         Good
Basil          Leafeon         Good
Inky           Glaceon         Good
Pinky          Sylveon         Good
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 9:18:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

who better to discuss team rocket affairs than with someone who had spent years of their life in said organization?[break][break]

while it isn't a topic he enjoys discussing, he knows it's one he must if only for the betterment of the region. so, he shows up to their scheduled meeting spot on time.[break][break]

"sup, josh!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
normal/psychic![break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 3:16:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FEAROW APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLUCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MR. MIME APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOUNDPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLE PLAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEDITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 21:18:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Morning, Cian," Josh greeted the Rustboro Gym Leader, several of his Pokémon tilting their heads toward him. "I know your office is probably a better spot to discuss this, but I'd feel more comfortable in the presence of some of my Pokémon. It's not an easy topic to bring up, but--"

Without warning, a nearly silent Fearow PLUCKed Pinky from above by one of her feelers, the giant bird snatching the saddled Sylveon into the air and causing a ruckus among the rest of Josh's Eeveelution squad. The Sylveon squealed in a shrill HYPER VOICE that could likely be heard through quite a bit of eastern Rustboro City. While it wasn't damaging from the range the trainers and other Pokémon were at, the low-pitched squeal was still one of the most unsettling sounds any of his team could make. The wings of Verte, his Flygon, vibrating at full speed made quite the frightening noise, as well, but nothing as blood-curdling as this.

"Kairi, WATER PULSE!" Josh pointed toward the falling Sylveon and Fearow. The water-type's attack was not to harm the Fearow, but to break the Sylveon's fall. While it was enough to slow the Fairy-type substantially, she ultimately broke through the waves, both her and the wild crashing to the ground. He was forced to withdraw the Sylveon; she would need to be looked at it next time he went to a Center. That Fearow, though, was his; he lobbed an empty Poké Ball at it.

Once the chaos had calmed, Josh got back to his conversation with Cian. "...Did you get that email I sent you? The Elite Four turned me down for the Elite Test even after beating you."

ooc: Catching Fearow!

{WC: 285}
{PC: 2}

ooc: Kairi and Blinky's Poké Balls are not on Josh's belt.

Pinky          Sylveon         KO
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 11:30:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"oh yeah don't even worry about it. the fresh air is nice."[break][break]

to prove his point, he takes a long inhale to really get the true scents of the route. there's not much else to it beside flowers. or at least he thinks they're flowers.[break][break]

there's also a mr. mime that he promptly ignores.[break][break]

"shit, yeah i read it. why'd they deny you again?"

[break][break]

normal/psychic![break]
skipping![break]

[newclass=".cian"]--accent:#cbb898; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/1012967721866108938/icon-08.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian blockquote b, .cian blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .cian blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .cian blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".cian .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 2:52:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUNATONE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MOONLIGHT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELDUM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 23:50:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"For a completely different reason than last time," Josh answered. If Cian was paying attention, he could tell Josh's voice was slowly rising. It was clearly a topic that got him hot. "While Matias denied me for my lack of battle skills, Callan praised me for the very same skills. What he saw in me was a lack of external self-perception, someone who jumps to conclusions, and a scorched-earth policy toward Team Rocket."

He retrieved his capture and had it electronically transported back to Mauville Gym, then got back on his Jolteon. "The first two I can understand, and those I can do something about. It will take time and training, but I'm more than capable of changing those things. The last one I don't get." He breathed a deep sigh of relief, his volume continuing to increase.

"Cian, one of the things Matias praised me for was my attitude toward Team Rocket. And yet, Callan said that's the biggest thing I need to change. His views toward Team Rocket are almost the exact opposite of Matias'. The League's dogma teaches that Team Rocket is purely corrupt, faulty, and most importantly, irreparably evil." , of course, being the one exception. At the first opportune moment, the Mauville Gym Leader would go on a crusade to lift that young man out of Team Rocket. Such a nice soul, manipulated by those at the top, did not deserve such a terrible fate.

"Team Rocket nearly took my family away from me," Josh started an outburst. "And in the Kanto war, Team Rocket took Raikou away from me. THEY KILLED RAIKOU!" The electric-type fox stopped when she felt Josh hyperventilating, which got her rider to think about his own words... and Callan's. "Sorry. I'm just really passionate about Raikou. They killed the Johtonian god I identify with the most. To me, it's like losing your best friend. Anyway, what I don't get is Callan's approach to Team Rocket. The League dogma I've always known is those that heed our words to leave Rocket will be spared against the League's wrath. And that wrath is final, complete, and absolute. Not a trace of Rocket shall remain."

The confused Gym Leader's rambling continued. "Callan says that attitude is wrong... almost like I'm no different than Rocket at that point. It makes no sense to me at all. It feels like it completely goes against the teachings. I know it sounds like I'm talking in circles, but I'm genuinely confused. Isn't one of the League's most important objectives wiping Team Rocket off the face of Hoenn so that they never come back? If they're not smart enough to leave Rocket, then don't they deserve to go down with the ship?"

ooc: passing!

{WC: 454}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 2:55:41 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"well, they both come from different backgrounds, don't they? matias is a war veteran from kanto who has lived through a ton of shit, and callan is from...hoenn? a ranger and singer who only recently stepped up. so it's understandable that they'd have different points of view."[break][break]

to hear them differ that much is a bit concerning, however. he thought the elite four needed to be tight-knit and work closely together but he's not sure if those differences would prove to be too much.[break][break]

a LEVITATING lunatone passes by.[break][break]

"i kinda agree with callan, though. it's like i told you before, not all rocket are evil and it would be dangerous to paint them all the same way."

[break][break]

normal/psychic![break]
skipping![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:02:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LILLIPUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PICKUP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BABY DOLL EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JYNX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FOREWARN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LOVELY KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEART STAMP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 13:42:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"...That would explain Matias' viewpoint toward Rocket," Josh slowly answered. If he was a Kanto war veteran, that would explain why he was so supportive of his dream to become Raikou's Avatar. Perhaps he, just like Josh, wanted to believe that Raikou was still alive somehow. Perhaps Matias, by some fortune or misfortune, witnessed Raikou in their last moments. "I had no idea. That would explain why he's been such a big supporter of my dream."

The more of Team Rocket's defectors he met, the more Cian's point was reinforced to him. While Isaac wasn't a true defector, he very well could at any moment. And if his friend came to that decision, Josh would do everything in his power to exfiltrate him out.

Then, there was .

Eris was the biggest mistake he ever made in his life. If that became public, it would not only be an irrecoverable PR disaster for himself, but for the League. The truth would come out eventually, and he would have to do some serious damage control in the meantime.

"I won't name all the names, Cian," Josh sighed, "but the more work I've taken on for the League, the more I'm starting to realize that your way of thinking is right." Once they were a significant distance away from town, Josh made sure no one else was around before speaking to Cian much more softly. "Did you get the confidential League report about Eris? It was only shared with Gym Leaders and up."

{WC: 251}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 8:49:06 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"yup, i did."[break][break]

he lowers to a knee when he sees a cute lillipup approach. it runs up to him, barking for a treat which he happily gives.[break][break]

it decides to BITE down a little too hard, finding purchase on his fingers.[break][break]

"ouch! you little bitch."[break][break]

but it's cute so he catches it. he looks up at josh after.[break][break]

"how are you holding up?"

[break][break]

normal/psychic![break]
catching lillipup![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 21:10:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MEDICHAM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WORK UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEDITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HIGH JUMP KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HATTREM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANTICIPATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AROMATIC MIST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE LILLIPUP!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 18:50:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Are you okay?" Josh asked Cian after the Lillipup fled. "Blinky, use WISH!" The Jolteon closed her eyes and howled a prayer for the Rustboro Leader's well-being, closing the bite wound in due time. After all the racket, Josh's eyes shifted about again to make sure no one was coming. Once he confirmed the two Gym Leaders were along, he began speaking of the report.

"Thank you know I was the one who attacked Eris. I was to bring her to Mauville Ranger HQ for questioning under the authority of both the Rangers and Law Enforcement. You see, I'm kind of Mauville's 'spare tire', if you will. Being an Elite Ranger who has a history with helping Law Enforcement as a Gym Leader, my duties often blur the lines of both."

It hurt to say those words aloud. Since becoming a Gym Leader, Josh had a spotless record. The only reason he had been allowed to keep his job was she was a suspected child terrorist. If Eris was tried and found not guilty, Josh could lose more than his job. He could serve serious time in prison for attempted murder.

"She resisted arrest. You know that use of force is authorized on those who resist arrest multiple times. I rode Eris down on my Luxray to catch her. Instead of bringing her back to the station, I attempted to interrogate her myself. I was wrong to do so. The whole thing hurts my heart. And then..."

{WC: 247}
{PC: 5}

Blinky         Jolteon         Good

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 8:48:19 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"yup, all good! aw, thanks blinky."[break][break]

cian listens to josh recount the incident, nodding along only to be interrupted once by an approaching medicham. he waves it away, then looks back at josh.[break][break]

while he can judge right now, he waits, deciding against it.[break][break]

"and then...?"[break][break]

[break][break]

normal/psychic![break]
skipping![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 2:54:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWABLU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NATURAL CURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]REFRESH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COTTON GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MOONBLAST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FURRET APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DEFENSE CURL

[attr="class","wildtag"]