twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
This soul of mine breaks over and over ...
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
TOLERANCE BADGE [FALLARBOR]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 23:55:03 GMT
alec foster Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]FALLARBOR GYM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

VS ALEC FOSTER
TOLERANCE BADGE
COLOSSEUM THEME
FALLARBOR TOWN

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/971225190564507658/1085575418951778414/Bleach_TYBW__Ichigo_vs_Yhwach_Theme___EPIC_VERSION_episode_7.mp3[/player]
[break]
[break][break]

THE LEADER

, the former Gym Leader of Pacifidlog Town, has been given the opportunity to reclaim his position as one of the Hoenn League's Gym Leaders. Despite his seemingly intimidating nature, he can be quite empathetic towards others, offering a hand to anyone in need without ever needing to verbalize it. That's just the way he is.
[break][break]
The award for successfully completing a Gym Challenge against Alec will not just be given the Tolerance Badge but also x1 DRACO METEOR TM (one time only).

THE GYM

On the far left side of Fallarbor, lies a Stadium. As you walk up toward the Stadium entrance, there are various pokemon statues to your left, as well as right, aligning with one another. As you walk inside the main entrance, you will see two stands, one on the left and one on the right. The one on the left is where Gym challengers go to either apply for a gym challenge or sign in for their respective challenge that they've already applied for. The stand on the right is where people who come to watch the Gym challenges buy concessions.
[break][break]
Furthermore, the stairs that divide the sign-in desk and concessions take you up to the second level of the stadium's interior. The two entrances on the far left and right on the second level are where people access the stands. The third and fourth levels to the stands can be accessed as soon as you enter through the far left or far right entrances to the arena. The entrance right in front of the steps leading up to the second level takes you to the arena, which is the same size as a football field. Simply put, this gym has a modern-day Colosseum-type feel for the gym challengers, as well as for the audience watching the battle!

EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE

Everyone, including pokemon trainers, is no stranger to hardships. People face them every day throughout the course of their life; some face them more than others. Most, if not all people fear facing such struggles; deeming them 'intolerable'. However, this gym is to teach others that instead of running away from their hardships, they should face them; show that they are willing to overcome them.[break][break]

Those who are given the Tolerance Badge not only can overcome their hardships but also accept them as a 'constant companion', so to speak. Do you and your pokemon share the fortitude to overcome your hardships, as well as accept them for what they are, or will you forever run away from them?

FORMAT: TRADITONAL

This gym only has a Traditional format for its gym challenges. However, this may be subject to change sometime in the future. The following formats are:
[break][break]
  • 1v1 Singles
  • 2v2 Singles
  • 3v3 Singles
  • 2v2 Doubles
  • 4v4 Doubles

Rules

1. All gym challenges will be recorded for educational purposes only! They will not be made public.
[break][break]
2. Moves such as DESTINY BOND and PERISH SONG, as well as moves that perform a 1HKO (i.e. Fissure, Guillotine, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
[break][break]
3. If a challenger doesn't post within seven days, then the gym challenge thread will be subjected to thread archival. Challengers can request a seven-day extension if needed.
[break][break]
4. Alternatively, if the Gym Leader doesn't post within seven days, the challenger may be authorized to receive the badge.
[break][break]
5. No known Team Rocket members can challenge this gym.
[break][break]
6. Challengers are NOT allowed to permanently harm, maim, or kill. Furthermore, no one is to cause permanent destruction or damage, or act with blatant disregard for the area around them.
[break][break]
7.No legendaries, ultra beasts, etc. are allowed to be fielded without prior approval. This includes Avatar abilities. Communicating with your legendary through telepathy, or some other form that does NOT require having it on the field is authorized.

Sign-Ups

TO APPLY FOR A GYM BATTLE, please fill out the form below (or simply post with the necessary information). please do not post when the queue is already full, for if you do, the request may be deleted or ignored. once the queue has a freed spot, you may post away! [break][break]

There will be only one gym challenge currently in-progress, with a queue of three max. Once I become more comfortable doing more challenges at the same time, then the number of in-progress challenges will be subjected to a slight increase.

[break][break]

[blockquote]
[b]character tag:[/b] @tag[break]
[b]format: ?v? Singles or Doubles (Public or Private?)[/b][break]
[b]pokemon:[/b]
[/blockquote]

[break][break]

In-Progress

1. (Battle)
[break][break]

[break]

queue list

[break]

[break]

[break][break]

Once you have been added to the in-progress list above, you can go ahead and make the gym challenge thread! Once the respective in-progress thread is completed, then both lists will be immediately updated, allowing the next challenger to do the same, and so on!

HALL OF FAME

[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#d49736;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#d49736,#d5ad40);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; }[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 0:19:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
No running away from my problems with this high impact dream team!

character tag: [break]
format: 4v4 Singles Doubles (Public)[break]
pokemon: Miyuki the Fennekin
Pandora the Scolipede
Buffaloman the Water Breed Tauros (Z-Move)
Omega the Metagross (Mega)
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 1:00:55 GMT
alec foster Avatar
comin in hot with the first gym challenge request! For those who still wanna challenge the gym, you can still apply, for there are 3 open queue slots! Once Isaac's gym challenge is complete, the next challenger in the queue will be able to take there's next!
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 4:33:37 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
making my way downtown to the school of hard knocks
format: 3v3 Singles (Public)[break]
pokemon:
Tigger the Incineroar
Jolly Roger the Blastoise
Igknight the Ceruledge
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 4:58:57 GMT
alec foster Avatar

de-nenenene

I'mma add you~

de-nenenene

To the queue list~

de-nenenene

So I dooon't forgeeet toooo~

*clears throat* that was fun! x3 but anyhoo! Once Isaac's gym challenge is complete, you'll be next! ^^
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 7:47:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

format: 2v2 Doubles (Public)[break]
pokemon:

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 7:54:53 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

format: 2v2 Doubles (Public)[break]
pokemon:
Chomper the Hydreigon (will use Sygna Suit, if allowed, otherwise will use Z-Move)
Finn the Garchomp
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 17:54:31 GMT
alec foster Avatar
& have been added to the queue list!

Elinor will go once Kazimir's gym challenge finishes (which will be after Isaac's), and Andrea will follow after Elinor!

Thank you all so much, and I look forward to battling all of ya! <3
close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me