Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Books are Everything [Social/Closed]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 22:54:26 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Since she had met with Gunner in the bookstore that held those exciting book club meetings, Elise had decided to go there again from the streets of Slateport’s upper distrct. The sign on the bookstore was familiar as she opens the door with her Meowscarada going in with her to look at the books in the fiction shelf. A chuckle came from her lips as the woman would look over the books along with Zorro.[break][break]

“I think we could read some of those ones set in Galar…or those set in the Paldea region. We’ll have to buy them first, but you’ll like the books I grew up with.” She spoke to the grass type cat and watched Zorro reach for one of the books that had a knight on the cover and showing it to her with a happy grin.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 5:03:03 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton thumbed through the volumes on the shelf, trying to find one particular book on chemistry. A recent experiment was needing a particularly sensitive mixture not often used and he'd heard through a colleague that a store in Slateport had a copy of said book on its shelves. However, the search had not proven itself to be so fruitful, as the owner, as kind as they had been about it, didn't have an exact shelf spot for the book, leaving Colton to dig about to try and find it.

His thumb brushed over each leather bound volume, his lips silently forming each's name as he ran through a mental checklist until, finally, his finger settled on the very tome he sought. A grin broke out on his face as he pulled the book from the shelf, already turning away from the bookshelf as he opened the book and flipped through the pages. "Finally. I can get back to the lab and -" he started, though his excited muttering was swiftly interrupted as he sharply turned a corner and walked directly into another person.

Colton stumbled back, nearly tripping over himself before his footing settled. "Ah! I'm so terribly sorry about that, ma'am!" he babbled, bowing to her as apologetically as he could manage.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2023 1:50:58 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

While her Meowscarada would pick out the books he thought were a good read for her to buy, she had bumped into another person that would be here to do the same in this bookstore. “Oh no, it’s alright. I won’t be upset with you as I didn’t see where I was going too.” She replied to the other man with a look of small concern. Zorro would hold the books he was carrying with a happy wag of his tail as the cat Pokemon looked at the other human with curiosity.[break][break]

“Are you looking for books as well? I know this bookstore since I also attend a book club at some days of the week, so I’ve been looking for other books from my home region other than mystery novels.” Elise asked while her Meowscarada would turn back to another shelf and pick out any other books he might like to read by himself.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 3:41:27 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton could only look at the floor in embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck nervously as she forgave his blunder. But that didn't mean that he forgave himself for such a mistake. "N-no, it's my fault. I was too busy looking at my book to pay attention to where I was going..." he said again, glancing up at her tentatively. He was surprised to see she looked more concerned than annoyed, only to be even more surprised to hear her continue the conversation as if he hadn't just walked right into her. While he would have gladly walked right out the door with his apology and shut himself way in his lab as atonement, the fact that she was actively to him kept Colton rooted to the spot.

"Ah, yes, I was...well, just one book in particular," Colton said, slowly straightening as he lifted up the chemistry book in his hand with a nervous smile. "J-Just a chemistry book I needed for some research. I don't really read much else." He couldn't help but chuckle nervously, though he cocked his head curiously. Home region? She must not be native to Hoenn, if that was the case. He, weirdly enough, did get a sense of wanderlust when he heard about the other regions. There was something about traveling that usually did appeal to him, but Colton had never actually gone out of his way to do so.

"I see. Where are you from? That may explain why they're hard to find," he asked, his eyes suddenly going wide. "Ah! Forgive my manners. My name's Colton Boothroyd. I-it's nice to meet you, Miss...?"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 4:39:52 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

From the clear nervousness that his voice had, she didn’t really want to make the poor guy more anxious if he apologized for something that was his fault. Other than that, the woman would reply to his answer over a chemistry book he was looking for. “I hope you are able to find where the chemistry books are. They might be in the non-fiction shelves.” The woman replied with a little smile though she understood the anxiety of meeting someone new.[break][break]

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Colton. My name is Elise Kurokawa and my home region is Johto where I was born and raised in Ecruteak. Aside from that, I’ve visited Galar before since my father has his duties as a prince and we’ve visited my aunt at the palace.” She gave her introduction to Colton with a slight bow of her head in courtesy.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 0:18:47 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton felt his heartrate begin to go down as their conversation continued. She seemed very kind, even offering him help to try and track down the book he was looking for, or at least the section it may be in. A much nicer response than someone who was run into would normally have. "Oh, I've already found it, but thank you! It's rather annoying since I only need this book for one really specific formula for one really specific mixture and no one thought to just scan the pages and upload them to the internet," he said, thumping the cover of the book with a laugh. "All the things we've achieved and no one thought to write up the things in this one twenty year old book on some internet database."

It took a moment for Colton to process what he had heard and he had to run it through his head again just to be sure he hadn't misheard her. "Duties as a prince." Her father and aunt were royals in Galar. Which meant she was a royal in Galar. And he had just carelessly walked right into her. He felt himself looking around, searching the shelves for some Galarian black ops team coming to toss him into the gulag for being so careless and endangering one of their royal family. "I...uh..." Colton said, swallowing in an attempt to wet his now very dry throat. "Well, i-it was very n-nice to meet you, Miss Kuro-...Your Maj-...um..."

Colton felt like the hole he was digging himself was just getting deeper and deeper, but his legs simply refused to respond, trapping him.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 20:14:39 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

He spoke of some things that people were good with science things understood more than she would where she had an interest in both anthropology and archaeology, the latter was due to Remiel’s influence since he had a draciary with all dragon Pokemon known to man. “I have to confess that I don’t know much about formulas at all, but I believe science does go hand in hand with the field I wish to study in the near future when I get to enroll in Rustboro’s University. There is so much that anthropology can use science for.” She replied to the brunette with a little laugh.[break][break]

“Oh, you do not have to address me by formal titles.” She responds to Colton when he was stuttering for a little bit though she didn’t mean to intimidate him more than she should. “Please just call me Elise. I feel terrible if I intimidate people like this.” Though she was used to the people of Galar addressing her by title, Hoenn didn’t really have much to respect for foreign royalty.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:07:58 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton wanted to breathe a sigh of relief as she very casually dismissed the notion of calling her by royal titles, but he couldn't shake the nervousness. He was talking to a Galarian royal, after all. That wasn't something one could claim to do every day. "Oh, right, uh, sorry, Elise," he said. "A-admittedly, I'm not really the best with people, so learning I nearly knocked over someone so important didn't really boost my confidence all that much in that aspect."

He laughed at his self-deprecating joke, but his nervousness fell away as she described what she wanted to study. Colton. nodded enthusiastically, his face brightening up into a large smile. "Anthropology and science are like cookies and milk! While I've branched out into other sciences, my original expertise was engineering, so I've done my fair share of dabbling in the subject," he said, gesturing to the books around them.

"Studying ancient humans and Pokemon are a fascinating foundation for progress, I've found," he continued. "Learning just how they would do things without the aid of technology like we do today is the first step to helping us understand how to expand even further in the future, especially as Pokemon seem to symbiotically evolve alongside us!"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights