he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 16:41:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The elevator whispered open, allowing Gunner to step onto a basement floor of the building owned by the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism. Unlike the floors above, which housed the usual spaces one might expect to see in any office building, the basement was set aside for one specific purpose.[break][break]

Research and development.[break][break]

Down there, Gunner followed the signs to one of the many laboratories. He was supposed to meet there, one of the HBIC's lead engineers. Gunner didn't know anything about the other man except from what he'd gleaned from the civilian database — and only that Colton was a native Hoennian like Gunner.[break][break]

He knocked on the lab's door to announce his arrival, then waved his ID card in front of the security pad to unlock it. It opened with a soft hiss, and he stepped over the threshold.[break][break]

"Good afternoon, Mr. Boothroyd."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Hammer Away

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 5:27:08 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton's back was to the door as Gunner entered, the younger scientist hunched over a table as he fiddled with something on top of it. "Ah, Agent Graves! Glad you could make it!" he as a very loud snapping noise filled the room, matched only by the pleased grunt he let out a moment later. He set the object down before turning to face the agent, a large grin on his face. Normally, he'd be very nervous standing across from someone on the same level as Gunner Graves, but in his lab, Colton was in his element and a rare sense of confidence oozed from the brunette.

"I'm glad that you agreed to take a look at some of the gadgets I've been designing for field agents! I've been working on ways for agents to better infiltrate and break into secure locations, beginning with this!" he said excitedly, lifting one of the gadgets that had been resting on the table prior to Gunner's entrance.

The object appeared to be two clear pads attached to band that Colton wrapped around the back up his neck, sliding his thumbs across the pads to seal them to his skin. "One's voice can be a dead giveaway to who they are and not everyone has an extremely large vocal range to allow them to disguise their voice naturally," he explained. His Rotom Phone floated out of his pocket and he tapped away on the screen briefly, still grinning broadly.

"So, I've devised a way that changes your voice for you! Pretty cool, right?" Colton said, his voice now deep and full of bass, very different from the relatively high pitched voice the engineer normally had.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 16:27:47 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's eyes widened at the demonstration and its implications. "That's actually quite incredible."[break][break]

In the past, he'd had to wear masks with built-in voice changer modules in order to do the same thing. However, many scenarios prevented him from wearing such an accessory without drawing immediate suspicion.[break][break]

Though Colton's gadget was a little conspicuous on the back of the neck like that, it could easily be hidden in some scenarios, such as by a scarf, hoodie, or shirt collar.[break][break]

"May I try it myself?" he asked, taking out his own phone — though his own Rotom wasn't possessing it at the moment. "Do I need to download an app or something on my phone?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 1:14:36 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
”Yes, of-oh…yes, of course!” Colton’s replied, pulling the device from his neck and massaging where the contacts had been for a moment. He handed over the gadget as his free hand quickly tapped and swiped across his phone, while his eyes were already looking to a large digital display on the wall. It depicted a Chatot, with particular focus on an area around its neck. ”The application should be uploaded to your device now, labeled as ‘ACVC.’ To make it appear conspicuous, it’s meant to look like a heating and cooling company with a logo depicting a Coalossal and the Alolan variant of Ninetales.”

Once Gunner had taken the band, the engineer briskly walked across the room towards the display. ”Now, as you put it on, you’ll notice a subtle vibration through your neck that changes as you adjust the ‘frequency.’ While it may be uncomfortable, that means it’s working,” Colton said before pointing towards the indicated area on the Chatot’s body. ”Now, as I’m sure your well aware, the Pokémon, Chatot, as the marvelous ability to imitate human speech as well as the cries of other Pokémon. Now, this is in part due to their very human like tongue, but I was able to isolate a very particular way that Chatot is able to vibrate its vocal cords to change its pitch and tone at a moment’s notice. That’s what the device, the ‘Articfical Chatot Vocal Cords’ or ‘ACVC,’ is doing to you.”

Colton wore a broad grin on his face as he watched Gunner mess around with the ACVC, practically bouncing in place with anticipation. He could hardly contain his excitement to show the field agent what else he had managed to come up with.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 15:05:46 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner attached the band to the back of his neck as he listened to Colton's explanation. There was some discomfort, but not enough to prove distracting. Swiping through his phone, Gunner found the app and opened it. The interface displayed options for making adjustments, just as Colton said.[break][break]

"I see," was all Gunner said in response. With his thumb, he adjusted some sliders, feeling the vibrations from the band change at the same time.[break][break]

When he spoke again, his voice was higher. Still an adult man's voice, but distinct from his own. "Testing, test — oh, wow."[break][break]

Gunner changed the settings again, this time in the opposite direction. "Testing, testing, testing." His voice had dropped a few octaves, resonating with a deep baritone.[break][break]

Satisfied, he removed the band and handed it back to Colton. "That was very cool," Gunner said, though his tone lacked the exuberance embodied by the other man. Already, the agent's mind sorted through the different scenarios when he'd need such a device.[break][break]

"Is that the only one you've made so far? Are they difficult to produce?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 6:48:52 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton could tell by Gunner's tone of voice that the explanation he gave meant little to him, which the researcher couldn't blame him for. He just needed the tools to work, not to understand the science behind them. But it was hard for him to control himself when describing them. It was what he was good at, which he couldn't say about a lot of things, so he felt that getting just a bit excited showing off his successes wasn't too annoying.

Colton nodded, his excited grin turning just a bit smug as the agent praised his work. "Not particularly, but it won't be fast. Now that I've cracked how to recreate the vibration, all I really need are the parts to make more. The only unfortunate part is I'm not sure how to automate the process, just yet," he said with a shrug, scratching his chin thoughtfully as he did."Though, I'm not sure how many I'll need to make, anyway, plus I can pass the blueprint around if the need calls for it."

He took the device back, gently placing it in a small case before moving onto the next invention, a small container made to look like a common lotion brand. "This one was a bit trickier and its use is a bit more niche, since I'm not sure what kind of biometrics Team Rocket would employ, but, I still think it was pretty cool to develop," Colton described, twisting open the canister to reveal the pink goo inside. He gently placed one finger into the container, just enough to cover his his finger print. "By studying Ditto cells, I discovered a means to reverse engineer their ability to transform into anything they come across and synthesize it into a cream. By applying it to your finger or hand, the cream will mold itself to match any fingerprints or handprints already on a biometric scanner, letting you slip on through!" Colton described, though his face fell moments later, sighing as he capped the lid and held it out for Gunner to take.

"I was attempting to make it so you could apply it to your face and have your features change, but coaxing something so complex out of the cream was extremely difficult and, with what small samples I was able to create that worked properly, anything I applied it to would always have the same two dots for eyes with a big smile Ditto are known to have. Sorry if that disappoints, but it's the best I was able to come up with. And no Dittos were harmed to make this, just to give you the peace of mind on that," Colton said, crossing his arms with a sigh.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 19:46:21 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As long as it was possible to create more in case the current one broke or was damaged, Gunner was satisfied. He was sure their respective superiors would feel the same. Content to move on from the voice changer, he followed Colton to the lotion bottle, raising his eyebrow at the small container.[break][break]

Gunner's expression transformed from confusion to skeptical wonder as Colton explained the goo. "It doesn't need a mold of the hand or fingerprint you want?" the special agent asked, bewildered. "If that's the case, how does it know which fingerprint or handprint to mimic from all the ones that touch a sensor? Or does it not matter?"[break][break]

Colton's explanation of why the face changing features did not work out made sense, at least. Gunner imagined a person walking around with a Ditto-like face and was grateful his own Ditto, Dagonet, did not impersonate him very often.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 15:37:03 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton shook his head, his self satisfied smile growing, only to fall again as he thought about how annoying it had been to actually create the cream. "In a sense, the best way to look at this stuff is a non-sentient, non-living Ditto, with just the barest bit of a thought process to actually make it react to the environment. That's what makes it capable of changing itself in the first place," he described. There was a more technical description of how exactly it was capable of such feats, a long, boring explanation about synthesized DNA and electrical signals sent through the body to power it, but it would probably fly over Gunner's head. Just so long as it worked, then that was enough.

"Pattern recognition, essentially. Hands talk all different shapes and sizes and once it's found a thread to follow, it can smartly sift through the various prints on the sensor to stitch together the correct shape," Colton answered. "That's really the only real downside to it. It needs a bit of time to properly recreate the pattern, but it'll hold that pattern until you clean your hand off."

He wiped his own finger clean, his gaze focused on the container as he let out a frustrated sigh. "There's a lot of improvements I could make, especially if I could crack being able to change your appearance as a disguise, but I don't want to push it too far and just start synthesizing actual Dittos that I stick in a jar," he said, crossing his arms over his chest as his brow furrowed.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 13:27:15 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Colton's suggestion on viewing the cream as a non-sentient, non-living Ditto only perplexed Gunner more, but he kept it from showing on his face. Instead, he nodded and graced the other man with a more neutral expression.[break][break]

"Good to know it may take some time to pick up a hand pattern."[break][break]

Gunner looked around, ready to move on from the strange and disturbing disguise cream. Nothing else in the lab stood out to him as a unique gadget, but then again, neither had the other two devices.[break][break]

"It seems like you're really doing a lot with the latest technology. I didn't know what to expect when I walked in here," he said to Colton.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 16:01:10 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton's look of frustration fell away as Gunner remarked on his surprise, replaced by an amused smile as he took the container back. He knew his thought process when it came to making stuff was a little on the odd side, especially with his rather...mechanical way of looking at living creatures. "Probably not what I've made, but Pokémon have incredibly unique biology among the different species. It's very inspiring in terms of creating things for humans to use," he replied, he said with a shrug. "Not everything I make is so out of the box."

Colton pulled open a drawer next to him, pulling out a small, handheld device with a button at the top. "Last thing for now and I think it's probably more your speed, at least in trying to wrap your brain around trying to figure out 'why' I made it in the first place," he described, pressing the button on the top. In response, four mechanical legs popped out of the sides, with two metal sticks popped out of the center. "Auto lock picker, skeleton key, whatever you want to call it. Just place it on the lock in question, press this button, and it'll cycle through the tools inside until it gets the right ones for the job."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 0:16:59 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner's eyebrows shot up into his forehead when Colton explained the automatic lockpick. He immediately reached out to take it from the engineer.[break][break]

"You're right, this is definitely more my style," Gunner said, turning it back and forth in his hand. He pressed the button again to see what might happen. "I don't do a lot of lockpicking right now, but who's to say that won't change in the near future?"[break][break]

Reports had come in about a possible concerted effort by Team Rocket to invade the interdimensional rift in Granite Cave. While he doubted a lockpick would come in handy in the event of a clash, infiltrating the crime syndicate's bases to gather more intel definitely would.[break][break]

Returning the device to Colton, Gunner finally smiled at the other man. "Thank you for showing me your latest inventions. This was really eye-opening."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

mrcamm

he/him
april 15
mauville city
heterosexual
engineer
cadet
47 height
47 height
awards
132 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrcamm
Colton Boothroyd
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 1:27:22 GMT
Colton Boothroyd Avatar
Colton smiled as Gunner eagerly took the auto lockpicker. Perhaps he had aimed a little high with showing off his unorthodox, almost bioengineered tools so early. Compared to the lockpicker, they were very out of the box, both in their application and how he came up with them. Likely, that wouldn't stop him from studying Pokémon to glean inspiration from, but he would probably try and reel it back in the future. More voice changers and less "Dittos in a jar."

"If not Ditto, potential disguise tech could be derived from Zorua and Zoroark..." he thought for a moment as he watched the agent mess around with the gadget. With each press of the button, a different tool would pop out, showing its all in one capability for nearly every kind of lock imaginable. "Better to have it and not need it, I say," he remarked, shrugging his shoulders.

Colton nodded appreciatively as he accepted the lockpicker back and set it back down on the table next to him. "Just glad to be of service, I guess. If you've got any particular needs, feel free to bring them up and I'll try and make something for you. One's that are...less off putting, too."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 3:52:48 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"I'll keep that in mind," Gunner said, a number of scenarios playing through his head where a specific device would have been useful, if he'd had it on hand. But he knew he needed time to sort through his ideas.[break][break]

He surveyed the lab with a renewed appreciation for its marvels, then turned toward the door. "I should return to my work, but if you see me in the building, don't hesitate to say hello. Have a good day, Mr. Boothroyd."[break][break]

With that offer, Gunner raised his hand in farewell and let himself out of the laboratory.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Pay Attention, 007 [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 4:10:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: