March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Party in the Deep Woods [S][O]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 19:46:27 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
After all she went through in the Halls of Origin, Shalin deserved a vacation. In this case, it was more like a staycation. Her Pokémon had helped decorate the exterior and interior of the large, hollowed-out tree serving as her Secret Base residence in Petalburg Woods. Sealed in a cardboard box and covered in seran wrap were two large cakes, next to it a box of plastic forks and a stack of paper plates. She would need to move them up to the plateau area out back using her Pokémon now that there were four picnic tables set up just in front of where her spare sets of riding gear were stored.

She had let every single Pokémon she owned out of their Poké Balls, who were freely roaming the plateau, with two exceptions: her Poipole and Buzzwole, for some reason, refused to come out of their Poké Balls and celebrate with her. Why? They were part of her team, too. She wouldn't question them, though; if they didn't want to participate, they didn't have to! She was still waiting on her engineer's commission for a design of a Buzzwole saddle. The person she had to go through may have been a little dubious; after all, who in their right mind would want to ride on an Ultra Beast?

It was time for Shalin to celebrate turning twenty-three with what she knew best: sharing the joy of a good old-fashioned romp with her friends. And memories. Lots of those. Hopefully lots of people would text her back, as Shalin had sent a mass group message to everyone she considered her friend. Scar nuzzled Shalin as Queen Zing gently tapped her with the flat of her sting.

She just wished Kiara and Pharika could have been here.

This is an open megathread for anyone who knows Shalin and wants to celebrate her turning twenty-three! Feel free to post as much or as little as you want!

ooc note: Queen Zing and Scar are mentioned in this post, but every Pokémon in Shalin's PC, with the exceptions of Kiara, Type: Null, Poipole and Buzzwole, are present. Feel free to interact with any of them!

{WC: 299}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Queen Zing     Beedrill**      Good
Scar           Pyroar          Good
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 19:08:56 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

It hadn't taken long for Shalin to get a You bet I'll be there! 😀 reply from Julia. Julia wasn't going to say no to going to a good friend's birthday party, and this one sounded like it was going to have that Shalin brand of fun, too!

[break][break]She'd been to Shalin's Secret Base for the Flagventure, but seeing it decorated for the party gave it a whole new vibe. She hopped off Chester's back and took her small, professionally wrapped present from Chester's saddlebags. (Normally, she would have wrapped it herself, but it had been a custom-made gift, and the seller offered wrapping services, so why not?) Already, she could hear the sounds of many, many Pokémon coming from nearby, probably the plateau out back, so she hurried to the ladder that led up and out.

[break][break]"Happy birthday!" she called once she was outside. "Oh, wow, you've got the whole gang here!" Julia spotted the familiar faces of Prance the Wyrdeer, Levy the Milotic, Treble the Kommo-o, Sandy the Flygon, the Yanmega she'd been riding in Littleroot, and, of course, Queen Zing the Beedrill, currently showing some love to her trainer along with a male Pyroar that Julia didn't recognize. Speaking of Pyroar...

[break][break]"Hey, where's Kiara?" she asked. "I brought Sparkie along this time."

[break][break]Behind her, Chester had finally calculated just the right angle and force to jump up the ladder and emerge behind Julia. His middle head squawked proudly.

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 16:34:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Most of the picnic tables with Shalin's birthday gifts and birthday food were in the shade of the big tree overlooking the forest floor. The grassy plateau felt almost like another environment entirely. "Yep, everyone's here!" Shalin chirped back. Some of her newer Pokémon were around, too. Of particular interest were a Persian, Raticate, and Seismitoad, all of which were geared like Shalin's other Pokémon. Bass Boost, the water-type, was swimming in the small lake at the plateau's center. Occasionally, the two would be able to hear the rumble of the large bumps on the amphibian's back.

Shalin frowned when Kiara was mentioned. "It's... the Halls of Origin. She was killed in action." Scar bounded toward his trainer and nuzzled her to comfort her. "Thank you, Scar. It's just been... so hard going on without her. She was such a sweet Pyroar." The green-ette began to sniff, though it would have been much worse without Scar's comforting purr and mane. Chester's grand entrance perked her up, though. "Looks like Chester's in a good mood!"

{WC: 176}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 22:03:59 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Leave it up to Shalin to have some unexpected rides like a Raticate and Seismitoad! Julia was curious to see how they handled, especially with Shalin behind the reins.

[break][break]Julia couldn't hide her shock at hearing that Kiara was no longer with them. "I'm so sorry," she said. "She was a great Pokémon. But it looks like you have some loving support." Julia let a bittersweet smile return to her face at the sight of Scar nuzzling Shalin.

[break][break]Chester had bounded up at the tail end of the conversation, so his left head picked up on the sorrow in the air without fully understanding what it was. Seeing her perk up at his entrance emboldened his middle head, which let out a warble. His three heads had a brief, silent conversation with one another before he stepped forward to join the nuzzle-fest with his left and middle heads. The right, meanwhile, looked around at all the other Pokémon in the area. Julia smiled proudly.

[break][break]"I'm gonna go set this down, and then you've gotta tell me about your new Pokémon," Julia said, eager to bring the festive mood back. She jogged over to the table with the presents and food and set her offering down among them. Inside was a box, which contained a leather pouch, which had a compass in it. The front of the metallic housing was engraved with a facsimile of Shalin riding Queen Zing, while the inside said "Adventure awaits in every direction!"

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 0:51:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Yes, Shalin had Scar now. No, he wasn't a replacement for Kiara. Her short stature made it difficult to see over the male's larger mane. On top of that, she preferred the female's more lithe body. Perhaps she would go hunting for another female sometime soon, but for now, Scar was her primary fire-type. "When the two of us are on a mission together, I'd like to tell you the story of what happened in the Halls of Origin. But not now. I'd rather focus on the positive and enjoy the celebration."

With many of Shalin's new Pokémon crowding around, Bass Boost surfaced from the lake, her saddle positioned right over where the large bumps on her back were. "I can't really go for a ride on Bass Boost until I get my Sygna Suit in, though. Have you heard of them? The design I had in mind was based on a Flygon, and from what I've heard, will allow its wearer to withstand extreme motion."

Out of the girl's new team, three in particular stepped forward: rather large Shiny Eeveelutions and a Kantonian Ninetales. "These two are Starr and Rielle," she gestured toward the green Espeon and the violet Vaporeon. "Also, Caprice," she pointed out the presence of the golden fox. "I've actually known this Ninetales since my region-hopping days. She just got deported back to the Ageos region while Meteno was happening, but because no one was there to claim her on the Ageos side due to the dysfunctional government there, they simply released her into Hoenn's wilds. One day, I was working with on hunting a Notorious Ninetales, which happened to be her."

After giving Julia a chance to ask questions about her story, Shalin would start another with a question. "Have you ever been on the back of a teleporting Pokémon before?"

{WC: 309}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 18:37:11 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia smiled and nodded. Focusing on the positives was what she did best.

[break][break]"Yeah, everyone's talking about Sygna Suits these days! I hadn't heard about the extreme motion part, though. Sounds like it'd be perfect for you." She looked over at Bass Boost and the position of her saddle. Admittedly, she didn't know a ton about Seismitoad, but she could imagine having those bumps vibrate right under you was one heck of a feeling. No wonder Shalin had saddled her up.

[break][break]Even after seeing 's own Eeveelutions in action, it still astounded Julia just how big they could get. Starr, Rielle, and Caprice, the latter of whom apparently had quite the story behind her! Julia wasn't familiar with the Ageos region, but it apparently had a dysfunctional government. No wonder Shalin hadn't stuck around.

[break][break]"I bet she was real happy to see you again," Julia said. "What ended up being so 'notorious' about her?"

[break][break]Shalin had a question of her own afterwards. "No, what's it like?" Because Julia was willing to bet that Shalin had been on one before.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 2:12:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled at Julia's understanding. "They take a special bond with a Pokémon you've known for a long time to make. Depending on the bonder and the chosen Pokémon, the powers they bestow are different. Supposedly, it's rare for their powers to overlap at all." As if on cue, Shalin's amphibious Pokémon showed what she was capable of. While it wasn't earthquake-level vibration, the riding gear strapped to Bass Boost lightly blurred during the demonstration. "It's one of the first things I want to test the suit on!" The question may have remained to Julia, though... why a Flygon?

Shalin had quite the story to tell as to why the Ninetales was notorious. "You see, once told me that Alpha Pokémon, even when they lose their Alpha status after being removed from the Space-Time Distortion that carried them to Hoenn, still carry many of their predatory instincts. Caprice, when she was running wild in Hoenn, made Route 112 almost impassible by land." As big of a deal as her mistake was that day, it made for a funny and awesome story. "Did I tell you I've caught several of my Pokémon by getting on their backs while they were still wild?"

Julia would find her curiosity answered as Shalin sounded a shrill whistle. Her call was answered by a Shiny Espeon that blended in with the plateau at first. Unlike many of the girl's Pokémon, she wore no riding gear at all. "It's unlike being on any other kind of Pokémon. You're welcome to try if you want! Starr will keep you safe." While it wasn't through floating words into Julia's mind, the Espeon would instill good vibes directly into the Ranger's mind if she allowed.

{WC: 294}
{PC: 4}

Starr          Espeon**        Good
Bass Boost     Seismitoad      Good
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 19:26:55 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia grinned when Shalin explained how Sygna Suits took a special bond with a long-time Pokémon partner. "Well, I know who mine's gonna be based on," she said, looking at Chester. His middle head chirped proudly.

[break][break]Bass Boost's riding gear blurred a bit as the Seismitoad's bumps vibrated. "I can definitely see why you wanna test that out." It looked a bit nauseating to Julia, but Shalin was probably more used to that kind of thing, and the Sygna Suit would apparently help. "Why Flygon, though? Is it 'cause its wings go so fast?"

[break][break]Julia had seen just how hostile the Pokémon in Space-Time Distortions could be, but she'd never heard of one continuing to be a menace after it was removed. Heck, she'd found Snaily in one of them, and she was the sweetest Goodra ever! (Maybe a bit too sweet, sometimes. Julia had had to learn how to get slime out of her clothes.) But maybe Alpha Pokémon were different.

[break][break]"No, but I'm not surprised," Julia said with a smile. "You're not Hoenn's wildest rider for nothing."

[break][break]Strangely, the shiny Espeon that Shalin whistled for didn't have any riding gear. The Pokémon beamed good vibes right into Julia's head, but that didn't stop Julia from being a bit confused. "How does it work? Do you just... get on and hold on to her fur?" She'd used Chester's feathers for leverage when she'd first started riding him, but having actual reins helped both rider and mount be more comfortable.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 8:30:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Julia seemed at the least interested in getting a suit commissioned if she were to receive a windfall that allowed it. They were status symbols among the wealthy, those lucky enough to have connections, or in Shalin's case, those whom fortune otherwise favored. "I've yet to see a Dodrio one! Come to think of it, I've yet to see another suit of the same Pokémon. From what I understand, even two people that sync with the same Pokémon species typically develop different powers."

Shalin's giddiness grew as she heard that Julia's reasoning was right on the money. "Yep!" she chirped back. "Think about how much extra power that I could add to her Bug Buzz! I can't even picture what it would look like riding something that goes that fast." The answer was simple: a blurred landscape with the illusion of a still Flygon wing at the bottom of her vision. As simple as it was, it was so abstract, so alien that it would be beyond her mind until she went for her first wing run on the Flygon. "I know it sounds wild, but if I understand our bond well enough, she'll be able to lift me onto her wing without a problem!"

Julia's confusion was understood; after all, reins were not only used for control but for rider stability. It was one of the biggest reasons almost every one of Josh's Pokémon wore them. "Yep! Psychic Pokémon strap you into a mental harness to keep you from falling. Hop right on!"

{WC: 258}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 22:01:22 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

If two people who synched with the same Pokémon species developed different powers, then... "Maybe it's more based on the bond than the Pokémon itself," Julia guessed. "I wonder what kind of powers that'd make me develop, then..."

[break][break]Julia smiled knowingly as Shalin explained her plan to make Sandy's Bug Buzz even more powerful—and, undoubtedly, more intense to ride on. But if she'd been drinking something, she would have spit it out at the end of Shalin's proposition. "On her wing?!" That sounded more than just wild; it sounded impossible! Were Sygna Suits really capable of such feats...?

[break][break]Once she'd calmed down from that shock, she hopped on Starr's back and stroked her fur. "Hey, Starr," she said. She'd picked up the habit of introducing herself to new Pokémon, even if they were trained to be around other humans, from her Ranger training. It opened a pathway of trust between human and Pokémon. Either way, she waited for the sensation of the mental harness, whatever that would feel like, and braced herself for a ride unlike any other.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 7:39:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Julia's jaw-dropping reaction was not unexpected. "I know it sounds wild, but those suits are amazing. There's a reason they cost a fortune, both in time and in money." She paused to collect her thoughts as Starr mentally harnessed Julia into place. It almost felt like sitting in an invisible cocoon saddle that helped support perfect riding posture, yet gave Julia the freedom to shift about the green Espeon's back if needed. The psychic-type's fur was soft to the touch, almost like an extravagant robe's material would feel. Though there weren't real reins on Starr, her support could have made it feel like Julia was holding them for as much stability as she would have with Chester. "Some have said it's like you get to be one with your Pokémon." She paused, chuckling at her latest notion about her suit to come. "You've seen my Flygon before, right? When she Bug Buzzes with me, we'll see who's the Master of Faster now!"

"I've talked to a few other people that wear them, and the closest analogy we've agreed on is that it's like being a light version of an Avatar. While you don't get the divine bond, the powers are similar in concept. Not in scope, but in concept. I could see a Dodrio Sygna Suit letting you give your full attention to three different tasks at the same time, or something along those lines. Not world-altering powers like real Avatars have, but definitely supernatural. Perhaps you gain the stamina of a Dodrio or something." As much as she would have loved to battle Rocket alongside Keldeo, the advertised powers her suit would grant her would be more up her alley than any Avatar power Keldeo possibly would ever bestow upon her.

Starr responded to Julia's greeting with a warm, mental reply; while there were no words echoing in the Ranger's mind, the idle vibes were enough to communicate to one another. Once they were set, the two took off, Shalin sending out Scar, her Pyroar, to make sure nothing disastrous happened. The Espeon slid across the field's grass, making a pair of sharp turns that would have been whiplash inducing were it not for the mental harness blunting the force of each. "Amazing, isn't it?" Shalin asked, Scar purring loudly to rattle Shalin and keep her senses sharp. "The real treat is when she ALLY SWITCHES. It's not a true teleport, but it gives you the same sensation as a teleport."

{WC: 401}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 21:46:06 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"Jeez, yeah, no wonder they're so expensive."

[break][break]Julia felt the mental harness form around her. She was supported but still free to move and shift around. "Whoa, this is so weird," she said with a grin. Starr's fur was so soft, too! Julia had to resist the urge to bury her face in it.

[break][break]"Yeah, I flew her to the Mirage Palace, remember?" She remembered the feeling of the Flygon's wings buzzing behind her so fast they were nearly invisible. Sygna Suit or not, Julia struggled to imagine how someone could ride on one of those.

[break][break]"Ooh, both of those sound cool," Julia said to Shalin's proposed Sygna Suit powers. Chester's middle head chirped, seemingly in agreement. Or maybe he was proud that his natural strengths could lend power to his trainer.

[break][break]Julia felt Starr's warm mental reply, a message of feelings rather than words. Soon, the Espeon took off across the field.

[break][break]"Whoa!" Julia exclaimed at the first sharp turn. The lack of a physical saddle and reins made her brain scream danger, but the psychic harness supported her just fine. Soon, she was laughing at this strange sensation. "Yeah!"

[break][break]Apparently, Starr would be Ally Switching rather than Teleporting. "What's the difference?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 19:17:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I'm sure you'll find out soon!" the greenette chirped back as Scar ran alongside the Shiny Espeon. With a coo from the green psychic-type, she prepared the maneuver to juxtapose. The vision of both Shalin and Julia faded to white, both of them feeling their senses leave them... or at least be greatly distorted. It was the odd sensation of leaving the material world on an astral jaunt, the realm teleporting Pokémon traveled through.

When the riders' senses returned to them, they would find the two had swapped positions. "As you can imagine, ALLY SWITCH is a more limited teleport. I had looked into getting a mount with the capability of a true teleport, and there are very few Pokémon that have both the capability to and the right body shape and size. Arcanine is one of the few, but that Pokémon is way too fast for me." It had to have been strange to hear that coming from Shalin. She had just talked about how her Sygna Suit would, in theory, let her sit on a Beedrill's wing beating at full blast, and yet she could not handle the top running speeds an Arcanine had to offer?

"TELEPORT has a very long range," she began to explain the differences. "The range on ALLY SWITCH is quite a bit shorter, and it requires a target, whether it be a person, Pokémon, or object, to switch places with." While she could not remember who had taught her, it was a valuable lesson for her to learn. Perhaps if she found a way to ride on a Butterfree, it could learn how to perform a true Teleport!

{WC: 279}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 17:18:56 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

It was like falling asleep wide awake. There was no dream, though, only whiteness filling her vision. She had to blink a few times when the world came back into focus and her surroundings were a bit different than they had been just a second ago. She looked to one side, expecting to see Shalin there, but had to turn in the other direction when she realized, oh yeah, they'd traded places.

[break][break]"That's so cool!" Julia exclaimed. She didn't have any experience with teleporting, so even when she was prepared for the sudden swap, it still disoriented her. It wasn't bad, though, more like a theme park ride that suddenly changed directions to mix things up. Being mid-run probably made it even more intense, too.

[break][break]"Arcanine is too fast for you?" she asked, surprised. Of all the Pokémon for Hoenn's wildest rider to not be able to handle...

[break][break]She wanted to ask if the actual sensation was different between Ally Switch and Teleport, but it sounded like Shalin hadn't had any luck with finding a ride that could use Teleport.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,927 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 6:19:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Isn't it?" Shalin grinned as Scar ran alongside the green psychic-type. "She can also choose to switch with just another Pokémon and not take you with her. It can be really useful if you need to suddenly get in the air!" That option was, of course, limited, given how many of her flying Pokémon were also bug-types or other Pokémon types that the Espeon would not like. Psychic-types were afraid of very few things more than the drone of an insect's wings. Just being near them was extremely disruptive to the concentration needed to maintain their psychic powers.

Julia's question was certainly awkward. The wildest rider in Hoenn, she called herself, yet she couldn't handle one of the more common ride Pokémon. The answer she came up with was truth, but an awkward one. "I... I don't handle raw speed very well. A Rapidash is about where my limit stands, and even then, it can make me a little dizzy. Found out the hard way when I rode one of Josh's. It was just too much. And now he supposedly has an even faster Pokémon. Just... no thanks." She shrugged with both shoulders. "I know it sounds weird, but purely going fast makes me really dizzy... yet riding on Treble when his scales are rattling doesn't. I know, it sounds impossible. But it's how I am... and I don't understand why."

As she thought about her suit more, Shalin got a reckless idea in her head. "Julia, you wouldn't happen to have a Venusaur, would you?" If she knew Shalin well, Julia would have known exactly where her question was going. It may have been a terrifying thought...

{WC: 283}
{PC: 8}

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR