86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 19:45:20 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[attr="class","mem"]
"okay." the reflection across from him mimics his every word, his ever breath. makes it easy to pick apart all of the things wrong with it. "you're gonna do fine. you're not gonna blow it...."

after a few silent moments, he lets out a strained, "haaaaaaaaaa or so you hope anywaaaaaaay."

a few more strained syllables and some incoherent grumbling pass the moments by that lead to leaving the house. he allows mink to hop off the couch onto his shoulder, curling her tail around him in a way that helps her to keep balance. he smiles her way, always smiles her way, and gives her scratches where she likes them while heading out of their room at the pokémon center.

he checks out with the front desk, grabs some breakfast for the two of them, and heads into the upper district. he's right on time and tries not to be impressed with himself. because intrusive thoughts spiral through his mind like untamed swellows.

should have been five minutes earlier. shouldn't have stopped for breakfast. what if i have crumbs on my shirt?

after checking with the front desk, he looks over the front of his shirt and is quickly reminded that he's spiraling when mink gives his head a small pat. a polite smile moves onto his face as he sits and waits, relieved that he managed to get there on time, not to early, but hopefully not too late either...

was i supposed to be early? was that a test?

mink makes circles in his lap to try and find comfort, which pulls him from his own self-destruction.

[attr="class","membr"] employment act: i
[newclass=.mem] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px;font-size:13px; [/newclass] [newclass="mem b"]letter-spacing:.5px;font-size: 13.5px!important;[/newclass] [newclass=.membr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.membr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;margin-bottom:-20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 16:21:59 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]

"Mr. Evren?"[break][break]

calls out across the half-filled waiting area. His tone is deep, but pitched a little higher to infer friendliness and approachability.[break][break]

Looking over, you see a tall man - well over six foot - in business casual attire. A tablet hovers near his shoulder, presumably inhabited by a ROTOM.[break][break]

Your new boss. Well, your boss's boss, really. He was the museum director, after all, and not immediately in charge of the archives department. But he liked to meet all new employees working at the museum, hence why he was here now to greet you.[break][break]

Seeing you stir from your seat and approach, he offers you a thin-lipped smile and a firm handshake. [break][break]

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Gideon Graves, the museum director," He greets, releasing your hand. "And welcome to the National Museum of Natural History. We're glad to have you working with us."[break][break]

With that, he gestures for you to follow him through a side door and down the catacomb-like halls of the inner workings of the museum. Archivists normally worked behind-the-scenes and, in this case, you found yourself on a journey to the basement levels.[break][break]

"I think Dr. Dumas-" The head of the archives department. "-made an excellent decision in choosing you. I quite enjoyed your tidbit about Regigigas, in fact."[break][break]

His light, umber gaze slides over to meet yours. "Do myths interest you?"

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -40px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
reach the stars, fly a fantasy
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 22:59:15 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-wrap"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-left"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-right"]
[attr="class","memphis-banner-up-mini-top"]
x
-
[attr="class","memphis-banner-cred-right-1"]we he's about the coolest guy memphis feels like he's ever met before in his whole entire life. maybe he's not, maybe memphis is just starstruck because he's excited to start a new life and move forward.

but the way he looks to memphis and right into his eyes, never wavering. his voice so confident— there's no way memphis stands a chance. he's hooked. his new job is the best job ever and nobody can ever or will ever be able to tell him otherwise.

"it's a pleasure to meet you as well, mr. graves." memphis introduced himself immediately, although he wishes in hindsight he would have spoken up a bit and sounded more confident.

"i'm super into myths." should i have said super? that's not very professional. the internal critique is noted as he hesitates, but a second later presses on conversationally.

"my mother and father raised me within the foreign building in hearthome city," the most religious building in all of sinnoh, really. dedicated to the faith of arceus. ”but i’ve always gone on vacations to celestic town and explored the ruins there. i love everything about them. from the mystery, to the theories, scientific fact.”

he gives a soft smile before admitting something he has never said out loud to a single soul.

”what i enjoy most about myth is how you have to have faith to believe in them long enough to prove them with fact. it’s rare when something of faith and fact can live harmoniously. rare and, to me, beautiful.”

[newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap]margin: 0 auto; width: 540px; padding: 20px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred"]display:flex;gap:25px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left]display:flex;flex-direction:column;gap:11px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left img]margin: -5px 10px 0px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-left div"]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;margin-bottom:0px;height:69px;width:69px;background-color:#2b2b2b;text-align:center;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-right]border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;padding:29px;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-right-1]line-height: 16px;text-align: justify;margin:34px 5px 5px 20px;padding-right:15px;font-size: 11.5px;letter-spacing: .5px;font-family: Poppins;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;padding:10px;background-color:#272727;font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;height:10px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;margin:-29px -29px 25px -29px;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top div]float:right;margin:-2px -2px -2px 5px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:100%;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;cursor:pointer;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top a]text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans !important;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px !important;-webkit-transition: 0.3s;transition: 0.3s;-ms-transition: 0.3s;-o-transition: 0.3s;-moz-transition: 0.3s;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-up-mini-top a:hover]color:#808080!important;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap b] color:#d4a53c;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap i]color:#808080;[/newclass][newclass=.memphis-banner-cred-wrap u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #808080;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 7, 2023 23:01:58 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Although this meeting was just one of many tasks to check off on his to-do list today, Gideon gave all of his attention to the young man walking beside him. This was one of his favorite parts of the job, after all – observing the passion of the younger generation and fostering a love for knowledge where there was an obvious spark.[break][break]

"You're right, fact and myth don't often go hand-in-hand," Some would say they're mutually exclusive. "But I suppose there's a little fact in every legend out there."[break][break]

At the end of the long hall stopped before two large double doors.[break][break]

"It's our job to parse through fiction and reality, mm?"[break][break]

And it would begin here, in the Collections & Archives Department. Gideon pushed the doors open, revealing a vast warehouse-esque space with countless rows of specialized archival racks and cabinets.

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -40px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 180px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 12:23:44 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

[attr="class","mempmain"]

memphis is eager to listen and to learn. gideon is a well of knowledge and wisdom. (not that memphis realizes it now, or will realize it ever, but he also happens to be a very attractive man...)[break][break]

the moment the double doors open, any and all conversation about fact and fiction flutters out of memphis' head like a disturbed flock. he's bright eyed and adoration shines in his pupils as they blow a little wider than before in pure joy.[break][break]

"look at this place! it's beautiful mr. graves! oh wow... i can't wait to start."[break][break]

super nerd moment, but that's okay.

[attr="class","memppoke"]

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 1:56:26 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

More than okay.[break][break]

appreciated the youthful enthusiasm that permeated off of . It was infectious, and just the type of energy he wanted to see in his staff. He had high hopes for the young man looking starry-eyed before him.[break][break]

"No time like the present, then." The director replied, a smile in his voice. "Follow me. Dr. Dumas should be around here somewhere."[break][break]

And so they entered the Collections, weaving in and out of cabinets — some tall and deep, holding skeletons of huge creatures, others waist-height for palm-sized specimens. [break][break]

There were divisions within the space divided by discipline, too. Mammalogy, Herpetology, Ornithology, Archeology, etc. At one point the pair even passed by a technician preparing what looked like a PIKIPEK skin for stuffing and archiving. Wads of cotton poked through its hollowed eyes.[break][break]

"Any questions so far?" Gideon asked, realizing that it was probably a lot to take in.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 15:17:58 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

memphis is like a child in a candy store. he's all too excited to look around and learn. to listen and absorb. like every word out of 's mouth is nothing but the purest of gold. nuggets of survival for his life beginning in the archives.[break][break]

he is, in fact, overwhelmed. but it's not because he feels cornered or like his burden is too much.[break][break]

"no, no questions. i'm in love with everything. the systems make sense to me and there's so much to learn."[break][break]

excited eyes look to gideon, like shootings stars, sparkling in wonder and excitement.[break][break]

"well, just one. when can i start, and where would you like me?"

[newclass=.memp]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mempmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memptag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memp b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memp a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memppoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 19:22:23 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Considering your love of myths...” Gideon began to explain, a dull twinkle in his eye.[break][break]

...I felt the best appointment for you would be in the historical documents section.” This was a unique area of the Collections that was cordoned off from the rest of the spacious cabinet-filled floor. The documents within were climate-controlled in their own specialized racks to maintain their integrity long-term. would learn the procedures for handling such fragile artifacts, as well as their context within history and how to label them as such.[break][break]

Here we are.” The director stopped before the double doors leading into Dr. Dumas’ domain. He was the head of this particular archival department and already expecting them to arrive around this time.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ruin maniac
he / him
twenty-one
feburary fourteenth
hearthome city, sinnoh
homosexual (closeted)
archivist
civilian
awards
86 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memphis
memphis evren
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 15:39:55 GMT
memphis evren Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memp"]
[attr="class","memptag"]

all too excited, memphis follows without quarrel and listens intently as he's put in the historical department of the collections area officially.[break][break]

he'll come to help out around the museum where he can, of course, but to know that he's specifically in a room filled to the brim with history sets his heart ablaze. it beats a little wildly and he finds himself trying to swallow his excitement to keep the nerves from bubbling up into any kind of laughter.[break][break]

"i'll do my very best, i promise." he looks to gideon and beams. "and you can bet i'll take care of all you put me in charge of; i'll do my best to keep it as perfect as i'm finding it."[break][break]

a simple 'thanks boss!' could have worked, but it wouldn't be memphis if he wasn't obnoxious about his gratitude.

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 2:23:49 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

A successful placement within the museum's ranks always left the director's chest feeling full. Though it was still early days for and time would tell if the young man would rise to his potential, was pleasantly hopeful.[break][break]

For now, it was time to part ways.[break][break]

"I look forward to seeing your progress." Approaching footsteps momentarily captured Gideon's attention – likely Dr. Dumas here to welcome his new charge – but he soon returned it to Memphis. "Good day, then. Let me know if you ever need anything in the future."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wide awake, [ m / c ]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 4:59:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: