Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Scallywags [Postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 16:47:58 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Outside Dewford Town, the night waters sat still and smooth as black glass.[break][break]

Overseeing smuggling felt nostalgic, in some ways. Elisabeth's first missions in Rocket had involved ships like this one, delivering Poison-type and Grass-type Pokémon to their black market dealers. Her reputation for handling those high-risk transfers had gotten her early attention; spores, venom, and poisonous barbs had not been a favorite for many of her peers.[break][break]

Naively, she'd hoped she'd never have to deal with such tedium after her promotions. Yet here she was, with Admin no less, overseeing such a thing but on a far grander scale.[break][break]

After all, these rare treasures had come hard-won in the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]

"It's quiet," she said finally, the wind rippling its way through her long blonde hair. "I didn't expect it to be this quiet."[break][break]

Her voice was soft, unhindered by the mask and vocalizer that had accompanied her on most outings. Here, beneath the cover of night and in the midst of so much solitude, she had let her guard down.[break][break]

A mistake, she'd soon come to find.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Postdormitum: Cargo.[break]
- UNMASKED, cuz we are in the cover of darkness and being spicy.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 5:17:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Long strewn-together battles had robbed the admin of his hesitancy. Where he'd once avoid the reprieve of a simple delivery, the pulsing reminder of the scar that bit his shoulders reminded him of its importance.

To breathe a breath of rest to prepare for another fight.

Alas, the silence of the waters spoke of another tale entirely.

"Stay alert," he gestured to the waters. "I don't trust this."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 19:05:09 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
There were a great many ways to commandeer a ship.

Skyler goes through all of them when the job falls into Nautica's lap. A sense of bloodthirsty glee pushes her through the planning and the preparations, and continues long into the night as they make their way to high seas.

The ship itself doesn't differ from countless others crossing Hoenn's shores, which is the point. By all accounts, it should have sailed through the night uncontested and unmolested.

Except that it doesn't. Not if Skyler has anything to say on the matter.

"Now, now. Little less complaining, huh? All things considered I think I've been plenty generous." She swiftly ignores the glare burning into her skin, casting a glance at the tied up captain in the corner. "Could've been fish food tonight."

Might still be.

Officers and crew lie unconscious on the floor of the bridge. Skyler casually steps over them to the control panel, then does what she does best: pushes a big red button.

The process is a bit more complicated than that, but the end result is the same: lights flicker out and the low rumbling of the engine sputters out into silence. All systems dead.

Skyler grins.

Just like that, the ship is adrift in a cold, ink-black ocean.

"Your turn, Angel baby."
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 16:53:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
It was meant to only be a clean-cut sabotage mission, goal to bring down the Rocket supply vessel that sails for Dewford.

But why pass up the opportunity to take their fill of the shipment, before altering its delivery destination to the seabed? 

Crouched in the shadow of the bridge, Angelo waits for his cue alongside a small collection of knocked out sailors, who'd had the misfortune of wandering past. 

They couldn't camp out much longer... 

An exhale nearly flees his lips before, as if predicting his impatience, the ship is suddenly plunged into darkness. Instead, lips curl into a sharp, proud smile as the engines fade into haunted silence. 

About time, sunshine. 

Stillness lasts for but a tense beat, before a barrage of explosives bursts close toy and . Scatterbangs noisily popping like gunfire. 

Its then that a gang of unidentifiable cloaked figures (decidueye's double team copies) begin to swarm like invaders over the gunwale in the cover of night. 

Angelo and the true form of his decidueye silently bolt from their hiding place. Sticking to the shadows and using the chaos, they steal themselves below deck, where the cargo awaits them in the hold. 

notes;

- scatterbangs are thrown at bigfoot & buttercup 
- decidueye uses double team

TOTAL MP: 000

cargo (100 MP)
participation in a mission (50 MP)
postdormitum mission post (10 MP)
using a scatterbang against your opponent (10 MP)

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 5:35:08 GMT
[nospaces]

The emptiness of night exploded in starbursts of blinding light, avian after-images fading in and out in the smoke as the ship stilled, frozen in place.[break][break]

Elisabeth covered her face with an arm, cursing herself for her carelessness in leaving her face gear aside, as she hissed out orders to the other members of the vessel. Rocket Grunts leapt up to occupy the various Decidueye that had seemingly swarmed the deck, Pokemon releasing from Pokeballs to answer the invasion.[break][break]

"Omen!" she called, hastily donning her face mask again. The moment the cover fell over her eyes, the relief of darkness filled her vision. This time, she pulled rank over him: "I'll handle above deck. Secure the cargo."[break][break]

Security and asset management had been her husband's line of work. He'd never thought her to be listening when he talked of his work, of the way to keep one's precious things protected, but she had observed him as much as he had thought to observe her.[break][break]

"What is your most critical asset? What is the thing so precious that its loss would catastrophize you? Focus on all pathways that might risk its loss, and defend it from exploitation. You cannot secure everything at all times, but you can focus your effort on securing what matters."
[break]

Felix could handle any dangers that lurked below deck, providing a last line of defense in case of thievery. For her, she would focus on doing what the ship's dimmed power couldn't: discovering threats above the surface.[break][break]

A VENUSAUR released from her Pokeball in a burst of green light, a SUNNY DAY blooming forth from the flora on its back to act as a searchlight scouring the sea for their enemy.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Venusaur uses SUNNY DAY! Turn Counter: 1/5![break]
- Masked cuz realistically she would mask herself here, but... SPICE MAY COME LATER?

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 1:43:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Shit. Another ambush.

Fireworks forced the stilled night sky into a slur of bright lights and colors. Thanks to Felix's masks, the radiance of the scatterbangs was considerably nerfed, but that didn't rob the device of it's full effectiveness.

Soon, cloaked avians surrounded them. It was due to this Felix took a careful step closer to his underboss, hand already positioned at his pistole. If one tested the waters, it would surely not be without sacrifice.

"No. I'm not leaving you."

Merchandise be damned - was worth more than anything on this ship combined. He'd rather see to her safety than waste time stockpiling on what's already replaceable.

"Gallade, strike them down."

The ace nodded solemnly before releasing a ripple of attacks onto the shadows. With the illumination from evoked SUNNY DAY, this process became considerably easier, as each NIGHT SLASH was particularly aimed at forcing down each shadow until only one remained.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 21:12:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
With everyone seemingly occupied above, Skyler strolls into the cargo hold with all the blasé attitude of someone who cannot be fucked. She keeps an ear out for trouble, the sounds of battling trickling down to her level.

She fully trusts Angelo to hold his own. But she also knows how quickly the tides of battle can change. "In the cargo hold," she speaks into the microphone attached to her ear. Swiping an object from a nearby crate, Skyler whistles. "Rocket's been busy alright. This is packin' some Ultra Sea goodies."

Skyler promptly pockets the one she's grabbed before moving forward.

Above deck, 's Venusaur would find the Sunny Day flickering and sputtering out. Beyond the inkpot darkness of the surging tides, a dark mass of thunderclouds bloats out the stars - and the first drops of rain follow soon after, splattering onto the deck.

Nevermind that the sky had been clear not five minutes ago. Now it trembles under the weight of a gathering storm. Waves lick at the boat's hull with swollen hunger, and the ship tilts perilously with the movement.

- or was that the leftover momentum of something brushing against the hull?
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 19:15:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Below deck, Angelo makes quick work of prowling through the maze of crates. Considering the supplies revealed in his wake with the hawk-like savviness of a man who knew how to prioritise.

Between what they can afford to smuggle now, and what they'll simply dredge from the seabed later.  

His distraction wouldn't keep them busy up on deck for long, after all; if the rockets were worth their grain of salt. 

Plucking a cut of winking ore Angelo is about to add the prize to a growing bag of chosen items, only for a voice to crackle into his ear. 

When he turns to find rummaging through a crate, his smile sharpens. As if the real prize had emerged. 

You know who else has been busy?” His decidueye tails behind him, steps just as silent, when he approaches Skyler. Static of the microphone disappearing, voice undistorted. Real. “Behind you, sunshine.

When she turns, Angelo tosses over the molten coloured ore and a roguish smile. 

Took you long enough. Busy sharing tales with the captain?

Beneath them the ship tilts, joints groaning as its roughly jostled by a wave. Angelo braces himself to weather the swell. 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 2:51:40 GMT
[nospaces]

The pitter-patter of rain fell over them, first in a drizzle, but soon in an unrelenting wave of wind and water that lashed at their exposed skin. Her Veunsaur's SUNNY DAY vanished as quickly as it had come, the mysterious silhouette at the side of the ship barely glimpsed before it faded out into the wet murk.[break][break]

But the mutiny above-deck had captured Elisabeth's attention first.[break][break]

The admin's defiance sat in stunned silence between them, attracting the notice of the nameless Rocket grunts that had joined them for this voyage. Red-hot indignation boiled beneath Elisabeth's skin as she met Felix's unbothered gaze, humiliated and incensed at having been defied in front of so many others by a supposed peer.[break][break]

How dare he undermine her like this, in her new rank and position? Who was he to flaunt his own familiarity with her, on a mission as pivotal as this one?[break][break]

"No?" she repeated, and the echo came out as a mocking sneer. "I was not asking for your input, Admin. It was an order."[break][break]

Her hand itched to slap him.[break][break]

"If you won't secure the cargo, then I will," she spat, turning with a sharp pivot of her heel to go below deck. "Assign someone to focus on matters here, if you won't do it yourself. You seem fond enough of giving orders."[break][break]

At her nod, the Venusaur stomped with EARTH POWER, the deck shuddering slightly with its heavy movement. Startled yelps from the others on deck rang out, but beneath them, the sound of moving boxes met with another sound -- something that spoke at more than inanimate cargo.[break][break]

"Merde. We've lost time," she snarled, and began to run in hot pursuit of the intruders below.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Venusaur uses EARTH POWER to try and shake out if anyone is below-deck![break]
- It's RAINING.[break]
- Masked, going by Viper.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 5:02:45 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Defiance was far from the word he'd use to describe his choice of action. Rather, he'd take to stating that he was simply reaffirmed in where the underboss lacked, and how to make up for said deficiencies.

Alas, none of this required the breath to be said. Time was of the essence, and if Elisabeth took it to approach the cargo, he'll have no choice but to follow. Like a panting dog trailing behind his owner.

"Connors, Jacobs," he snapped his attention to the surrounding grunts, his voice barely raised above roaring waves. Most were still left in a daze - either at the severe display of disrespect or for the ensuing chaos down below. They were walking stark contrasts to the apathetic expression Felix wore behind the mask. "Take control over the decks."

It's with that he and his gallade looked to accompany .

To her strengthened earth power, Felix looked to sport any lurking shadows hidden among the stacks of cargo. Whenever one would be detected, his hand would spring forward in command, directing his Gallade to use PSYCHIC as a means to apprehend said target.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 11:21:58 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler whips around, just quickly enough to catch the ore in her hand. At the sight of , her lips pull into a roguish, delighted sort of grin. "Nah. Unfortunately he was a man of few words. Knew an impressive amount of cuss words though." He'd thrown enough of them around to teach Skyler a few things.

For that alone, she might spare him.

Although she's intimately familiar with the swell of the waves, sea legs supporting her through the brewing storm outside, they don't prepare her for the shudder that wracks through the ship from Venusaur's Earth Power.

Crates rattle violently, and Skyler's expletive echoes like a gunshot through the cargo hold when one of them nearly squashes her like a pancake against the floor.

Murderous buggers, those crates.

"About time," she mutters, catching 's eyes through the gloom at the sound of approaching footsteps. Subtlety had never been one of Skyler's strengths, and attempting it had only proven the aforementioned.

She's about to step forward when the choice is taken from her. There's a yelp (that definitely did not originate from her throat) and suddenly she's hanging in the air like the most wild-haired of chandeliers.

"Oh, fuck off." 

She sounds more like someone who just got handed a parking ticket than someone about to face potentially deadly enemies.

Skyler peeks past wayward strands of blonde hair, but the pair's faces are besieged by gloom and not easily recognizable.

"Right, we have two options here. One, you didn't see us and get to port safe and sound - or two," and this option Skyler seems more cheerful about, "we sink you and the cargo, and then get our hands on it anyway."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 8:29:34 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Almost forgot they were still onboard,” he returns the glance to , just before their unplanned rocket hosts finally figure out where to find them.

Unlike his wife, Angelo is considerably more subtle and ducks for cover behind a secured crate.  And after seeing Skyler suspended by the psychic, he decides to just stay put. 

(He doesn't just stay there after falling over during the Venasaur's quaking earth power, nope.)

Loving the view,” that little shit-eating grin is just for

While she gives them options, Angelo nods to his shadow-lurking decidueye. Swathed in its cloak, it dips away. 

Do you always have to give them false hope? We all know there's only one option.” He calls out, loud enough for their adversaries to hear the roguish tilt to his smile. “Asking if they'd prefer to go down with the ship is just niceties, at this point.

Its then, when the ship crests over the peak of a turbulent wave and their end rises, that Angelo's knife swings.  

The rope keeping a row of crates tethered snaps, and Angelo gives it an encouraging kick for good measure. Sending their full bulk rumbling and clattering down the slope towards the rocket pair. 

Murderous buggers, indeed.

During the commotion, a shadow claw rips out from beneath the psychic using Gallade's feet, slashing towards it. 

assisting another character (10 MP)

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 4:44:00 GMT
[nospaces]

?[break][break]

Ugh. Not her.[break][break]

Elisabeth's eyes narrowed in on the levitating Captain Dross, before then flitting with mild surprise to find standing beside her. He had earned less of her ire than his wife, but presently, he had done more than enough to demand it.[break][break]

The crates rolling towards them were enough evidence of that.[break][break]

A FRENZY PLANT from her VENUSAUR abovedeck surged through the planks overhead, forming a makeshift shield out of tangling vines that buffeted back the splintering wood, bouncing back the broken crates.[break][break]

"You board our ship and make demands?" A laugh stuttered out of her vocalizer as she stepped back, giving the writhing greenery room to slacken and breathe. "Your arrogance is staggering."[break][break]

Only then, as the overgrown leafery withdrew, did she catch the movement of the SHADOW CLAW towards 's GALLADE -- moments too late to stop it.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Venusaur uses FRENZY PLANT to burst through the upper deck and form a wall to protect against the crates![break]
- It's RAINING.[break]
- Masked, going by Viper.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 20:33:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Psychic jaws gnawed tight around the hanging silhouette of the caught pirate. It allowed just enough time for their exchange to flourish - one that Felix doesn't take part in; was far more suited for tongue lashings than he. Instead, his thoughts are entangled with the small beckoning of remembrance.

That voice.

Just before he could turn to grant it his line of sight, a shadow claw lunged forth, not only forcing the gallade to take a step back but breaking the concentration of his psychic grip.

"Shit."

It happened in a whirl; gallade was forced to stumble back, yet prepared itself to WIDE GUARD should an attack manage to make its way back toward them and Felix reached for the hilt of his pistole. He gripped it, pointing down at .

A flash of light spilled out, then a large sharp bang.

The trigger was pulled.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 14:55:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"It's all part of my charm." Shameless, every inch of the pirate hanging aloft in a psychic grip that could've as easily crushed her. Her grin cuts through the gloom like a scythe. "Try not to swoon."

is right about one thing, at least. Their arrogance, and Skyler's especially, was staggering - and also very much deserved.

It comes with the territory of having a primordial ocean deity at your beck and call. Unfortunately for said pirate, for all the power held under her skin, it doesn't prove enough to stop a bullet from burrowing into her flesh.

Agony explodes across her shoulder, alongside a spray of crimson liquid that splashes her neck and hair. A snarled, pain-filled curse escapes Skyler's throat as she stumbles, craddling her shoulder. Viscous red escapes from between her fingers.

It's an effort to breathe past the pain. In out, in out. And again. There you go, Dross.

She finds in the gloom, and takes his measure.

Masked as they were, Skyler wouldn't know who to drag under the heel of her boot in retaliation. Perhaps it's for the best then, that she doesn't know the two are responsible (directly or indirectly) for her husband's near death.

"Option two it is."

would recognize the warning signs: a flicker of red across her skin, the answering call of the ocean outside, battering at hull like it wants in.

A deep, low-pitched wail vibrates through the crates and the walls of the ship.

Skyler catches Angelo's eyes scant seconds before an unholy shriek pierces through their ears and a colossal beam of Origin Pulse crashes into the cargo hold, impaling the ship from port to starboard.

When it flickers out, saltwater rushes in.