fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
ravages of war [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 19:56:55 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gideon-wrap"]
[attr="class","gideon-main"]
[attr="class","gideon-words"]
This was so beyond his depth.[break][break]

The ravages of battle were everywhere looked. He’d somehow made it out of Granite Cave and lingered near its entrance, catching his breath, but the horrors within were not as easily shaken. [break][break]

He knew that ROCKETs were likely still in the area. And it was a long way up the beach to Dewford Town. Could he make it alone? Would he die here, too, like…[break][break]

There was a man nearby. Or a corpse, more specifically. He was dressed in LEAGUE tactical gear and slumped against a rock wall close to the cave. From this distance, Gideon could make out some sort of communication device in his ear. [break][break]

Arceus, desperate times called for even more desperate measures. [break][break]

Crouching over the body, Gideon pulled the device from his ear and held it to his own. [break][break]

H-hello? Are there any League officers nearby? I’m a civilian, pinned near the entrance to Granite Cave.” He took a shaky breath. “I need help getting to safety.

[attr="class","gideon-notes"]

[break]
• postdormitum: cave[break][break]

TOTAL: 60 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for participation in a PD battle/mission[break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a PD battle/mission[break]

[attr="class","gideon-pkmn"]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap b] color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2023 5:52:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 A masculine voice echoes through the headpiece into Gideon’ ear, “ACKNOWLEDGED. AID IS ON THE WAY.” the voice crackles out when the comm link is severed.

“Got it, on my way,” Eva closes her own comm link with a press of a button, frowning at the device with a solemn uncertainty. Civilians didn’t belong in this mess. What was one doing in Granite Cave of all places?

The reason didn’t matter, what mattered is that they needed extraction and it was part of her responsibility to do so, “Let’s go,” there was no time to waste.

Rayquaza’s speed was unmatched. She’s outside the cave in a matter of a few short minutes. The titan conceded to the confined space and rose back into the sky to patrol the borders of Dewford Town’s rift with the diligence of a god as the protector of the region.

The presence of Rayquaza did not go unnoticed. The remaining Rockets in the area converged on the avatar’s location, leaving Gideon a moment of reprieve to collect himself, “Adele!” an urgent cry sent the Gardevoir forward. A thick fog of magenta mist flooded the cave’s entrance before the dual type faded into a SHADOW SNEAK.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2023 22:10:39 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
It was incredible. Awe-inspiring. And the largest Pokémon Gideon had ever seen. [break][break]

RAYQUAZA.[break][break]

As it flew from the mouth of the cave, the force of its departure nearly toppled the professor over into the sand. He barely clung to the nearby rocks to stabilize himself, covering his face so as not to get sediment in the one remaining eye capable of sight. The other was swollen shut, bruised and bloodied.[break][break]

Even so, he could see alight from the back of the great dragon and join him at the cave entrance. There was a spark of surprise in his one visible eye, but then he remembered: she was RAYQUAZA's avatar.[break][break]

"Eva?" She probably wouldn't recognize him, not as injured as he was. They'd only met a handful of times, after all. "T-thank you."[break][break]

ROCKET Pokémon surrounded them on all sides before the professor could continue speaking - and they were heavily outnumbered. Knowing there was no way out of this without a fight, Gideon released two of his Pokémon: TYRANITAR and DITTO.[break][break]

Both Pokémon turned to face their opponents... or, they were supposed to. Morpho, bless him, was easily distracted. And what caught his interest almost immediately was the dragon in the sky above.[break][break]

"Morpho, don't–" Gideon started, but the DITTO was already undergoing its transformation.

[break]

TOTAL: 70 MP[break]

[newclass=.gideon-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-pkmn] margin-top: -20px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 8px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gideon-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.gideon-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 23:15:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The man she found within the cave was not what she expected. At first, she was taken aback by the bruised and bloody mess. Her heart ached for the civilian. To be caught up in such violence would leave lasting scars they didn’t deserve. He spoke her name, but he was unrecognizable in the quick glance she was able to spare him, “It’s ok,” she spoke gently, reaching out touch his arm, “Are you alright?” silly question considering the current state of his face and the urgency in his voice from the call.

The professor’s gaze was trained on the silhouettes of the Rockets materializing around them. Her jaw tightened, gaze growing narrow and harsh as she made a mental note of the topography and threats that bore down on them. Thankfully, this citizen wasn’t going to give up without a fight of his own.

Surrounded. There was no escape – not yet. She pressed her back to his to face the other side of the entrapment. No one was going to get a jump on them if she could help it, “This isn’t going to be pleasant,” she warned, giving him the option to opt out of the fighting portion of this rescue attempt. A Tyrantiar and Ditto was the answer. His fighting spirit blossomed a familiar kinship, “Tempest!” a Gyarados materialized from s stream of red light. It’s deafening roar shook the cavern around them. The warning did not deter their attackers.

The emerald in Eva’s eyes flashed gold as stream of energy surged through her and into the Gyarados. The shimmering light faded to reveal a truly monstrous Mega Gyarados. Her broad tail arched forward, slamming the ground beneath them and sending a shock wave of EARTHQUAKE towards the Ariodos and Piloswine opposite her.

+50 for participating in mission/battle
+10 per IC post (2)
+10 for megaevolution

=70 MP

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 19:31:37 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
Backs pressed against each other, the professor managed to stammer out, "I'm alright– for now. But I'll likely need medical attention."[break][break]

He wasn't sure how many bones had been broken, but he suspected at least a few of his left orbital bones, his nose, perhaps a couple of ribs. Not to mention the bleeding lash on his back...[break][break]

Meanwhile, his DITTO began to TRANSFORM, their bright blue, gelatinous body undulating and morphing into... a heinous amalgamation of twisted limbs and stunted growth. Green and red and ugly, it writhed in the sand, semi-serpentine but useless in the heat of battle.[break][break]

"Damn it." Gideon cursed, returning Morpho to their Poké Ball; in the time this took, his TYRANITAR was overrun by oncoming attacks. PILOSWINE in particular charged forward, intending to ram the Amor Pokémon into the ground. TYRANITAR managed to grab hold of the swine's tusks and plants its feet, but struggled to keep its enemy at bay.[break][break]

"Volcarona - Struggle Bug!" Was Gideon's response to the attack, releasing the Sun Pokémon and hoping to at least distract the PILOSWINE so that TYRANITAR could unleash its SUPERPOWER.

[break]

TOTAL: 80 MP[break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 16:59:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Just - hang in there,” she begged, hoping the damage wasn’t enough to hinder his battle skills. She could tend to his wounds once they were finished disposing of these Rocket pests.

A wince of pity stung her heart when she watched the Ditto writhing on the ground after the mistake of attempting to TRANSFORM into a legendary. Hopefully it learned its lesson, but it gave them one less pokemon able to confront the growing number of Rocket pokemon. The PILOSWINE and ARIODOS shuddered against the strong EARTHQUAKE but ultimately, the ice-type managed to careen around to conform the Tyranitar. Tempest would have provided aid if she wasn’t already handling the ARIODOS and the new CENTISKORCH the slithered forward.

The spider LUNGED and the newly mega-evolved dark-type howled in defiance. Her tail arced across the cavern floor, a torrent of water as an AQUA TAIL smacking into both bug-types to drive them away.

Eva reached into her pocket and pulled out a SCATTERBANG which she held at the ready, “Let’s wear them down. When we get a chance, let’s make a break for it.”

+10 per IC post (3)
+10 for megaevolution

=80 MP

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 22:56:31 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

Gideon's battle 'skills' were very much affected, especially given that his left arm hung loosely at his side due to a dislocated shoulder. He'd never been in so much pain before; every moment was agony as his nerves signaled for reprieve that would not come – not yet, anyway. But gave him hope.[break][break]

"Got it. Just give the signal and I'll follow your lead." Blessedly, his legs hadn't fared the same fate as his arm. [break][break]

Focusing on the fight in front of him, Gideon noticed that his Pokémon were coping with the trauma of battle better than he'd have expected them to. [break][break]

TYRANITAR, especially, roared to life as it unleashed its SUPERPOWER - lifting the PILOWSWINE into the air by its tusks and hurling it into the side of Granite Cave. The huge pig attempted to right itself, but eventually passed out and was recalled by its ROCKET trainer.[break][break]

Unfortunately for VOLCARONA, the PILOSWINE had been able to get off a quick ANCIENT POWER before succumbing to its injuries, leaving the flame moth sputtering in the sand. Gideon quickly returned it to its Poké Ball and glanced at Eva, biding time before they made a run for it.

[break]

TOTAL: 150 MP[break]
+ 10 MP for KO'ing another character/pkmn[break]
+ 50 MP for for getting your pkmn KO'd[break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 4:52:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Signal? She clutched the SCATTERBANG a little harder. Guess that would be the signal.

She shifted slightly so she could keep an eye on both his pokemon and hers. She watched the Volcorona succumb to the Mamoswine, but the Tyranitar retaliated with an impressive superpower. The distraction kept her from watching her own battle - a rookie mistake. The Centiskorch, although limping along now after an Aqua Tail, and the Aridos converged on the mega evolved Gyarados with two powerful LUNGES. The pokemon roared in pain, her tail smacking uselessly on the ground as she began to lose consciousness.

Oops.

Eva was quick to return the pokemon. Another sphere cracked open and a PIDGEOT took to the air, “Hurricane!” the avian cooed and obliged, kicking up a powerful storm that blew back the bug types and their Rocket trainers.

The SCATTERBANG popped loudly, echoing off the walls of the cavern as it exploded in a cloud of black smoke, “Now!” she relayed to Gideon just in case he didn’t catch on to the obvious signal.

+10 per IC post (4)
+10 for megaevolution
+50 for KO’d pokemon
+10 for using a SCATTERBANG

=150 MP

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 0:24:03 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]

As the battle continued around them, Gideon stuck close to Eva's side, waiting for her instruction on when to bolt for town. While this was happening, a passing thought struck the professor:[break][break]

Dr. Morales is such an accomplished scientist... and fighter.
[break]

He'd shown to be anything but that today. Time and again he'd relied on others for his wellbeing - for his safety - and had been gravely wounded in the process. [break][break]

It was... pathetic, in a way. [break][break]

Unacceptable.[break][break]

This was a sentiment that would stick with long after escorted him back to the safe zone in Dewford Town. [break][break]

And as he ran with the last ounce of his strength, Gideon resolved to never allow himself to be in such a position ever again.

[break]

TOTAL: 510 MP[break]
+ 50 MP for for getting your pkmn KO'd[break]
+ 100 MP for completing a PD mission[break]
+ 250 MP for "tying" a PD mission[break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 19:30:14 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 With her pokemon recalled, she make a break for it alongside Gideon. She’s attentive to the way she moves and the speed she chooses to lead him out of the cavern with. When they emerge, the emerald serpent is waiting to take them to the closest League medical outpost. Eva helps Gideon climb aboard the legendary then settles in front of him, “Civilian extracted, heading to medical outpost 2b,” she speaks into the comms.

One last glance over her shoulder ensures their attackers aren’t close on their tail, “Alright, let’s get you out of here,” she attempt to add a brightness to her voice but it falls flat of her usual cheeriness. Raquaza ascends, and they are safe. For now. She would tend to his wounds when they reached the medical outpost then she’d head right back into the familiar abyss of war.

+10 per IC post (5)
+10 for megaevolution
+50 for KO’d pokemon
+10 for using a SCATTERBANG
+100 for completing PD mission
+250 for ‘tying’ a PD mission

=510 MP

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 2:29:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: