luka chêne
interdream: dl [postdormitum]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:09:41 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
The fact that Derek doesn’t pry into the apparition means more to her than she can properly express. Luka turns her gaze up towards him, giving his arm a little squeeze as she flashes a smile. And then she realizes that she’s still clinging onto his arm and she quickly lets go, more than a little flustered despite the circumstances.[break][break]
”Registeel…” She doesn’t know much about the three titans, quite honestly. But she’s aware at least that they’re a part of Hoenn’s lore, and perhaps something she should study more in her free time. Then again, anything insightful would probably go right over her head.[break][break]
”Well, I’m rooting for you! Third time…yeah! It would be mine too, if I ever see Cresselia again. So I kind of hope you’re right.”[break][break]
The bitterness in Derek’s voice is noted but just as he respected her privacy, she’ll respect his. Though she can’t help but throw in a, ”I’m happy to support you though, in any way I can!” It’s subtle, but hopefully gets the point across.[break][break]
The mist continues to reveal nothing to them, almost as a taunt. Though as they walk, soft whispers seem to echo on the mist, so quiet that Luka almost wonders if they’re just echoing around her own head. You stupid girl, they taunt, a high-pitched hiss that mimics the tone and timbre of her own voice, Do you really think you’ll find anything here? Are you really that foolish? So selfish that you can only think about yourself with an entire region on the line! Your father would be ashamed.

[break][break]

[break][break]
MP Fund:[break]

• 50 MP for participation in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission.
  • 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x6)
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 1:16:30 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek-wrap"]
[attr="class","derek-main"]
[attr="class","derek-main2"]

[attr="class","derek-top"]
[attr="class","derek-top-tag"]

[attr="class","derek-pkmn"]

"thanks." the gesture is appreciated, though derek doesn't feel it necessary to bother her when she was on a hunt of her own. "i'll keep it in mind, but i wouldn't want to distract you with one zangoose chase for another." and unlike derek, she had something to show for her's. even if it was just a feather, derek had nothing to go on.
[break]
[break]
"maybe we could make it a race? y'know, to see who finds their's first." the ranger attempts to make light of the situation. of hunting for legendary pokemon. arceus knows they'd only be found when they wanted to be. or perhaps never at all. a moment of quiet ensues. well, mostly quiet...
[break]
[break]
while luka is concerned with these noises, derek hears his own. although it seems they're much more real on his end. another paradox pokemon (iron treads) arrives, charging at them recklessly. "oh fuck...!" the ranger is quick to field a pokemon between them.
[break]
[break]
their battle is an obvious clash of brawn, which the paradox pokemon proves victorious. "sorry bud!" recovering the gigalith that had fainted with one pokeball, derek readies another to summon his annihilape. but maybe luka would be faster on the draw?
[break][break]

[break]
ooc: +50 (knockout: gigalith) + 10 (ic post) = 200 MP

[newclass=.derek-wrap]width:430px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-wrap b ] color:#80828B;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-wrap i ]color:#cdcdcd;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-wrap u ]text-decoration: none;font: bold 13px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: .5px;color: #dbb859;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-main]padding:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-main2]width:360px;padding:25px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;margin:-31px -31px -1px -31px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;justify-content:space-between;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,0px 0px 0px #333333,0px 0px 0px #333333;margin:0px -31px;padding:10px;background-color:#232323;height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top-tag]height:17px;width:100%;background:linear-gradient(to right, #80828B, #80828B);border-radius:3px;overflow:hidden;z-index:1;position:relative;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top-tag div]margin-right:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top-tag a]font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;line-height:17px!important;color:#232323!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px 0px 0px #333333,-2px 0px 0px #333333;border:solid 1px #232323;margin:0px -31px 0px -31px;background-color:#323232;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;display:flex;flex-wrap:wrap;gap:6px;align-items:center;justify-content:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn div]margin-top:-10px;margin-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:55px;height:55px;text-align:center;border-radius:5px;background-color:#2b2b2b;display:flex;align-items:center;justify-content:center;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;-webkit-transition:0.3s;transition:0.3s;-ms-transition:0.3s;-o-transition:0.3s;-moz-transition:0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn div i]background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #80828B, #80828B);-webkit-background-clip:text;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn div:hover]background-color:#272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn img]margin-top:-10px;margin-left:-5px;height: 56px;max-width: 68px !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn span]font: 11.5px poppins; padding:25px 35px 30px 35px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 5:10:23 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Derek’s voice is a welcome respite from the one that echoes around her head. The insidious whispers continue, their high and mocking tone echoing sentiments that deep down, Luka already knows to be true.[break][break]
You’re nothing. You’ll never be strong enough. You’re just a pathetic, scared little girl. How can you be arrogant enough to think that Cresselia would acknowledge you?[break][break]
Luka squeezes her eyes shut, trying to block out the sound. But it carries on the mist and follows them, weighing on her shoulders so heavily that Luka wonders if they’ll manifest into something tangible. It’s only the large crash of another paradox Pokemon that snaps her out of it— green eyes open with a start, but not quickly enough for her to react before Derek does.[break][break]
Steel meets stone, the collision powerful enough to make the very earth quake beneath their feet. Luka’s thrown backwards a few paces but manages to stay upright, though doesn’t manage to aid Derek or his Pokemon in time. One blow is enough to take out the Ggigalith, which honestly makes her more than a little frightened. There are no massive powerhouses on her team, after all. Most of them are built to support others.[break][break]
But after a moment of thought she releases one of her heaviest hitters. Her Lopunny might not have the most brutal of strength, but she makes up for it with speed and agility. And after their training with , Luka’s a little more confident in taking this thing on.[break][break]
”L-like we practiced with Monsieur Isaac, Bonbon! Let’s go!”[break][break]
The rabbit nods and takes a running start before she leaps into the air, using her forward momentum to charge up a powerful high jump kick aimed right at the paradox Pokemon’s enormous frame before it can charge them again. It probably isn’t enough to take this creature down, but hopefully they can slow it enough for Derek to make a more decisive blow.

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon (x2).

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 20:42:09 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]

"let's finish it." the annihilape is given time to access the threat, thanks to luka and her pokemon. a decisive drain punch wreaks mayhem over it's body, proving too much to handle for the beast. it slumps over, allowing them to move ahead unhindered.
[break]
[break]
"they just keep on coming don't they..." derek tries to remember where htey were in conversation, before being so rudely interrupted. ah, that's right.
[break]
[break]
"what was it like?" he asks too quickly, not realizing he should be a little more specific. "the first time you met cresselia, i mean." he wonders if there was any kind of exchange, heated or gentle. it wasn't often one crossed paths with such pokemon. it could oft be viewed as some kind of omen. "did it have anything to say to you?"
[break][break]

[break]
ooc: + 10 (ic post) = 210 MP

[newclass=.derek-wrap u ]text-decoration: none;font: bold 13px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: .5px;color: #dbb859;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-main2]width:360px;padding:25px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;margin:-31px -31px -1px -31px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;justify-content:space-between;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,0px 0px 0px #333333,0px 0px 0px #333333;margin:0px -31px;padding:10px;background-color:#232323;height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top-tag]height:17px;width:100%;background:linear-gradient(to right, #80828B, #80828B);border-radius:3px;overflow:hidden;z-index:1;position:relative;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-top-tag a]font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;line-height:17px!important;color:#232323!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn]box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px 0px 0px #333333,-2px 0px 0px #333333;border:solid 1px #232323;margin:0px -31px 0px -31px;background-color:#323232;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;display:flex;flex-wrap:wrap;gap:6px;align-items:center;justify-content:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn div]margin-top:-10px;margin-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;width:55px;height:55px;text-align:center;border-radius:5px;background-color:#2b2b2b;display:flex;align-items:center;justify-content:center;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;-webkit-transition:0.3s;transition:0.3s;-ms-transition:0.3s;-o-transition:0.3s;-moz-transition:0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn div i]background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #80828B, #80828B);-webkit-background-clip:text;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn img]margin-top:-10px;margin-left:-5px;height: 56px;max-width: 68px !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derek-pkmn span]font: 11.5px poppins; padding:25px 35px 30px 35px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 18:21:03 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Yeah...I kind of feel bad for them, though. I mean...isn't it kind of like when those strange pokemon started appearing in the distortion thingies? I-it's like they don't belong here, and they're scared. And we're just attacking them because it's all we can do..."[break][break]
She sighs, but luckily Derek's question breaks her out of this depressing train of thought.[break][break]
"Oh! Um...."[break][break]
There are a lot of memories to sift through, some more unpleasant than the rest. Luka just hopes they don't manifest themselves in the mist again. "The first time she just kind of...floated by. It was in the interdream zone too. I started to think she might have just been a vision in the zone, y'know? But she gave us...like, it felt kind of like a blessing? So I think that was real."[break][break]
Just as she feared, her memories start to play out around her in the mist. The strange basement of the musesum they'd been to, 's poor Golem being frozen Glaciate ice, the hazy vision of a celestial being shrouded in pink fog.[break][break]
"The second time...was different. I think we bonded...kind of? She like...she was part of me. It's a bit heard to explain..."[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 18:39:07 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]

"huh." as luka spoke, it was sorta beginning to sound like she was being chosen to represent cresselia. to be it's avatar. "wish i could say the same on my end."
[break]
[break]
though it was only natural their experiences were polar opposites. the depictions on the murals showed the regis offering sacrifices to some unknown pokemon (eternatus). they weren't exactly guardians, or something that would bless you. they were fanatics.
[break]
[break]
"registeel attacked me the first time." the eight scarlet hues glowed rather menacingly in that dark underground. "and blew up an entire temple the second." had the rangers gone into the temple, none of them would have made it out alive. of that he was sure.
[break]
[break]
"guess i'll be betting on you, then." derek returns to the pseudo race he'd proposed between them. "who else received this, uh...blessing?" luka had referred to the moment with an us, after all.
[break][break]

[break]
ooc: + 10 (ic post) = 220 MP

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 4:02:07 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I-I don't know if you should put all your money on me," Luka answers with a self-deprecating laugh. "It's been over a year since then, and the one time we really connected was like...a different universe, anyways."[break][break]
There's a lot to unpack there, but Derek should be familiar enough with how weird Hoenn is to not question it. The fact that multiverse theory is so casually true here is enough to make Luka's head spin if she thinks about it for too long.[break][break]

"I'm still rooting for you, anyways! Even if you guys fought, I mean...mm. You shouldn't give up, is what I'm trying to say!"[break][break]

She swings her arms idly, trying to ignore the visions that cloud her peripherals and the voices that echo in her ears, either products of the interdream zone or the frenzied paranoia of an already frazzled mind. Whatever the cause, it makes her deeply uncomfortable, but trying to escape the dream zone now would defeat the purpose of coming here in the first place.[break][break]

Instead she tries to focus on Derek's voice, treating it like an anchor amidst a swirling storm. "Oh, um...right. It was, like...a-a few people? Erm, my friend , and was there too. The rest, erm...i-it's a bit fuzzy, I think. She healed us, and then disappeared. I'd like to thank her for that someday, if I'm able to..."[break][break]

There comes another rumble from deep within the mist, a clanking sort of roar. Luka glances back at Derek, apprehensive. "Was that...y-your Regiguy...does it sound like that?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x11)
  • 10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 2:47:12 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]

"sounded like it, yeah." luka's worries seemed perpetual, and his presence only invited more of that every time the registeel's caterwaul wail sounded off. he didn't like being the cause of it, and since they hadn't been making any progress towards her goal...
[break]
[break]
"i think i should get going." he wouldn't say the real reason. didn't want to put luka down anymore than she did on her own. she was capable as a trainer, that much he was sure of. she just needed to act like it. "someone on our side might need some help." there were plenty of battles taking place. derek wanted to make sure the league was winning them.
[break]
[break]
"stay safe out here, alright?" working alone out here was quite the risk. he hoped that luka would clique up with some of their allies soon enough. summoning his charizard, it would fly derek to the closest sound of conflict...
[break]
[break]
THREAD EXIT

[break][break]

[break]
ooc: + 10 (ic post) +200 (win) + 100 (interdream mission) = 530 MP

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 4:56:06 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh? Wh- leave?"[break][break]

Luka sounds flabberghasted, and she is. Derek's decision comes suddenly and without prompting, and it immediately has her wondering why. Was it something she said? Something she did? What did she do wrong?[break][break]

When she turns to look at him, she almost looks heartbroken.[break][break]

"You're going to leave me here?"[break][break]

Her voice sounds pitiful and small. But Luka quickly shakes her head, pink curls bobbing around her shoulders. "S-sorry, um, I mean...right, yeah. There's...t-there's probably a lot of people who need help, huh? And we're just like, standing around and talking about what we want..."[break][break]

She feels silly and selfish. Stupid. She forces a smile that she doesn't feel and sends Derek off with a smile. "Yeah, um...I'll be okay! Please take care of yourself too, Monsieur. If you need anything, erm..."[break][break]

She can't exactly do anything for him, can she? "I mean, be careful!"[break][break]

He flies off into the mist, and Luka goes her separate way as well. She spins the lunar wing around and around in her palm, hoping that something might actually appear to her in the interdream zone like last time— but it seems that all she's managed to do is waste time.

[break][break]

[break][break]

• 10 MP per IC post in a Postdormitum Battle/Mission. (x12)
  • 10 MP for incorporating the realm's mutations or feelings of paranoia in a thread.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky