awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
Unfortunate Coincidences [Postdorm Cave]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 8:46:59 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
It was getting well into the night - and under the cover of darkness, Makoto was lurking. A call had been made, for them to head into Ultra Deep Sea proper - and so, they followed it. But that first required for them to make their way into one of the entrances offered by the expanding rift - and of the ones they knew of... Well, the original entrance - in Granite Cave - was the closest one.

Though, it was also the trickiest entrance; namely for the presence of League. They weren't even near the entrance yet, and they could see other League members moving around, patrolling, entrenching themselves to fortify their positions. They'd have to play this smart.

Thus, it would be in the disguise of a woman in ranger uniform that they'd step forward - attempting to follow the flow of the different officials moving around, walking as though they belonged, and yet had somewhere else to be. Eyes forward. Standing tall. Steady pace. And at their side, Tsume would take on the shape of a Mienshao with his illusions, so as to better avoid suspicions.

So far so good - though the occasional glance was cast their way, most others simply waved or gave greetings before letting them continue onwards. And of those who asked where they were going, well... No one would question it, if they simply said that their superior had called them in to help with a specific task deeper in, would they?

If only Makoto knew that they were painting the strangest of targets on their back, for a certain Gym Leader...
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 5:25:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Before heading into the rift to further investigate the Interdream Zone, Josh had to report the loss of the base within Ultra Deep Sea, among other disturbing trends with the Rockets he had battled. The most important report was of the robotic Pokémon he had seen in the hands of Rockets. They looked almost exactly like common Pokémon in shape, but with purely metallic bodies. What in the world were they?

Makoto's disguise was perfect; Josh had no reason to suspect they were undercover. He would even ride alongside them on Pinky, his blue-toned Sylveon. "Oh, hi there!" the Gym Leader greeted the masquerading . "You seen all those strange Pokémon coming out of the rifts yet? They all look so familiar, yet so different." That face, though... it looked so familiar. Hauntingly familiar, even. He couldn't quite put his finger on why...

Josh's Sygna Suit will be inert for this thread; it is being worn for flavor only. He will not have access to its powers.

Post MP: 10 (IC post)
Thread MP: 10

{WC: 146}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥
Josh            Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Kairi           Vaporeon          Good
Blinky          Jolteon           Good
Clyde           Flareon           Good
Basil           Leafeon           Good
Inky            Glaceon           Good
Pinky           Sylveon**         Good

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 16:11:48 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto was relaxed and confident as they approached the entrance to Granite Cave. So far, noone had so much as questioned them for being here - they had managed to blend in amongst their supposed peers more or less seamlessly... Although, they hadn't expected for the disguise to work so well that someone would approach to chat them up.

As Josh came over on Pinky's back, Makoto would look the two up and down briefly - that was quite the large Sylveon, weren't they? Gym leaders were crazy sometimes - and they were glad that they had been approached as a supposed ally, rather than an enemy.

Though, rather than spend forever staring, they'd cast a gentle smile to Josh. "Hello there - I haven't seen any particularly strange pokemon, at least not yet." They'd respond half-honestly - they were no stranger to oddities like that of the Mechanical Kingdom, yet they'd yet to actually check out Ultra Deep Sea proper. "But I intend to head inside, so I imagine I'll get to see them for myself before long."

They'd keep walking - though their attention remained on Josh, watching to see if he'd follow after or not. Ideally, he'd have other places to be and they'd be allowed to enter the cave alone... But would things truly work out that way?
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 14:43:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
His companion's red Ranger uniform was an indicator the Ranger had some tenure. There was a reason there were very few green Ranger uniforms being worn at Operation Postdormitum. "It's pretty dangerous in there," Josh advised. "It's unlike anything you've ever seen anywhere in Hoenn. They've tasked us with investigating the Interdream Zone. There are all kinds of strange... things... in there that resemble Pokémon we know, but are different. It was almost like how Pokémon looked millions of years ago." He described Ao, his Roaring Moon, highlighting the differences between him and his Salamence, Yosei.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh!" Pinky let out an alien-sounding, low-pitched squeal, an artifact of her extreme size. "What about yours?" The Sylveon would gently rub Makoto with her feelers if they allowed her to.

Josh's Sygna Suit will be inert for this thread; it is being worn for flavor only. He will not have access to its powers.

Thread MP: 20

{WC: 146}
{PC: 2}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2023 9:15:53 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
"Thank you for the warning, sir. I trust in my pokemon, though." Makoto responded, smiling cordially. "If the going gets rough, I have my ways of keeping out of trouble. That does sound quite strange, though..." Realizing that this was a potential chance for a bit of intel, Makoto would question "What all have you seen so far, if I may ask? May as well be extra prepared."

But came the question of introductions - and Makoto smiled warmly. "Melissa - it's a pleasure to meet you proper, Elite Ranger Devlin." They spoke - taking on a false name, because of course.

As the sylveon reached out to them, they'd extend their hand to let Pinky wrap her feelers around that - and they were unable to help a gentle chuckle. "You're quite the friendly Sylveon, aren't you? Different colors from the usual, too..." They observed out loud. It was a curious sight, to say the least.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 19:06:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed the new Ranger, Melissa, was well-prepared. "You can't be too prepared for them. They resemble Pokémon we know, but fight nothing like them. So far, the only one I've seen and caught is Ao, who's on the mend," he referred to his Roaring Moon. "He looks like a Salamence, but fights nothing like one. I haven't seen any others yet firsthand."

"Great to meet you, Melissa," Josh returned the greeting as the Sylveon shook her hand using her feelers. "She's a real sweetie, isn't she? She works with beginners at Mauville Racing Grounds. I run a riding academy out of my Gym to help pay overhead." Or he would, if he didn't have to name an Interim Gym Leader.

As the two strolled toward the rift, Josh casually asked, "What city do you work out of? I love seeing new Rangers' skills develop. Everyone has a unique skillset, and that's what makes all of us so valuable to them. As for me, with my specialty in ride Pokémon, I love doing wilderness rescues - coming to the aid of those who get stranded in the wild. Pokémon, vehicle accident, natural disaster, you name it."

Thread MP: 30

{WC: 198}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 8:38:25 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
An unusual Salamence... Makoto figured that Tsukiko would be a good help in there, then, at the very least. They'd quietly nod in acknowledgement as Josh described Ao - wondering what other pokemon had such 'doppelgangers' in the tunnels of Deep Sea.

The Sylveon was quite endearing - though the mention of a riding academy drew some genuine curiosity from Makoto. "An academy, hm? Sounds like I'll have to come visit, when things settle down." They mused out loud - adding with a smile "I'm sure the Master of Faster has plenty to teach." Given that they weren't from Hoenn, they were thankful for the otome from a few months back to help give them an idea of Josh.

There soon came the question of where 'Melissa' worked out of - and Makoto didn't want to think for longer than a split second. "Fallarbor," They claimed - adding "With everything going on here though, well... I might see if I can't stick around here in Dewford, to help clean up after this fighting is over."
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 22:21:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If only Josh could. With him being barred from his Gym until the fall, he wouldn't be taking on any new students any time soon. "Unfortunately, due to how busy I've gotten, I won't be able to teach you directly. My Gym trainers would be more than happy to, though! There's a link on our website that is directly linked from the official Hoenn Gym Challenge website. Even if you've never been on a Pokémon before, there are courses for first-timers!" Pinky let out another otherworldly squeak as the duo continued on.

"Fallarbor, huh, Melissa? Having a Pokémon carry you around all that rough terrain would be really helpful if you want to work out there," the Elite Ranger suggested. He had taken on many a job in the mountains; while his preferred mountain range to do rescues at was the one running between Slateport and Mauville, he wasn't going to turn down those kinds of tickets just on their location.

The bright light at the end of a long tunnel was an indicator that the League base just outside the rift was just ahead. "That was fast; we're almost there! Once I report in, I'm sure they'll want me to go back to the Interdream Zone and poke around more." Certainly not with the Pokémon he had with him, though. "I also need to check the infirmary for the rest of my Pokémon. Some of them might be feeling well enough to go back out there."

Thread MP: 40

{WC: 251}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 12:36:41 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
At the suggestion of having a pokemon to help carry them through the mountainous terrain, Makoto thought for a second - as if considering the suggestion, although more accurately considering how to respond. Eventually though, they'd decide to nod and smile, and conceal the fact that they already had a flying pokemon. "I'll keep that in mind, then. Do you have any suggestions?" They asked, adding "I imagine a pokemon that doesn't mind long hours, or can move quickly, would be quite useful in an emergency."

However, it seemed that there was a checkpoint of sorts ahead - another League base, further within Granite. Josh seemed to want to make some preparations - and Makoto, deciding that this was an opportunity to slip away, offered him a gentle smile. "My pokemon and I are already prepared to head in - so I'll wait just up ahead for you, if you're interested in joining me." They spoke - lying as easily as they breathed.

Cause of course, even if Josh agreed to this plan, they weren't going to wait on him. He certainly helped them avoid any undue notice from other rangers or League officials, but they wouldn't need any of that once they were through the rift.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 17:22:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the large, and growing, number of Pokémon Josh had at his Gym, he of course had a myriad of suggestions for mountain exploration. "Two of my best Pokémon I use for mountain trails are a Gogoat and an Absol. Gogoat are known for their bottomless stamina, and Absol are some of the most sure-footed Pokémon around. They're fast, too." The Gym Leader used to routinely enter races with an Absol, but as his menagerie grew, they would also grow increasingly specialized.

"The help would be greatly appreciated, Melissa!" Josh's smile grew. It seemed he would have a partner watching his back on his next trip through the Interdream Zone. "Try to bring the best Pokémon you have, though; the Pokémon within are really dangerous. They may look familiar, but they behave nothing like the Pokémon they resemble. They're also...quite violent." Perhaps Ao was an exception, but the storm of Roaring Moon Josh and had encountered were nothing short of vicious. "Shouldn't be more than a few minutes!" With that, he slid down from the Sylveon's back and started to head inside to check on some of his ailing Pokémon he had requested a transfer of. There was something... off... about this woman, though. Something that looked awfully familiar. At first, he couldn't quite put a finger on it. Then, it came to him. One of the routes he had played while on the flight to Blackthorn featured a chase with not just a young figure dressed similarly.

Their clothes were identical.

"Come on, Pinky, let's go. I don't trust them." With that, the Gym Leader headed further toward the rift's entrance. They may have already been far ahead, though...

Thread MP: 50

{WC: 203}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 7:45:22 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
"I ought to find myself a couple of those, then - thank you for the advice." Makoto mused out loud - nodding in understanding. And this response was somewhat genuine - they were indeed curious about getting an Absol for themself someday. Though this was less out of need for a mountain steed, and more out of their general interest in dark-types.

But with Josh's agreement to the 'plan', the two trainers would head different ways - him towards the tent, and them towards the rift. Not wanting to draw suspicion, they wouldn't be in any huge rush - although they couldn't help a sigh of relief all the same once they were finally alone once more. No more Rangers wanting to tail them, they were just free to continue sneaking through in plain sight.

It wouldn't be hard for Josh to catch up to the disguised Makoto and Tsume as they made for the rift, if he picked up the pace - with them making it just beyond the edge of the camp. And indeed, it didn't seem like the duo were exactly keen on waiting for Josh like 'Melissa' had previously claimed. The two just kept walking - their eyes on the prize...
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 1:11:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After doing a quick check-in on some of his battered and beaten Pokémon, the Master of Faster searched the immediate area for Melissa, only to find her quite distant and heading for the rift by their lonesome. "Melissa, where you goin' on your own?" Josh called out, unsure whether he could be heard clearly with the distance between them. The Gym Leader mounted the giant Sylveon at what most would consider a brisk pace, but was rather slow from his experience. With him at the reins, even a traditionally slow Pokémon could be trained to run at quite the clip!

Provided Melissa would allow Josh to catch up, he would raise calls for concern toward them. "It's really dangerous to go alone to the rifts!" he shouted toward the young woman. "We should stick together if that's where you're headed!" Even Pinky let out a low-pitched squeal of concern, though to them it may have been unsettling.

Thread MP: 60

{WC: 159}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 21:11:09 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Initially, Makoto had thought themself home free, to just slip away into the rift undetected. But a voice had called out off in the distance - and as they glanced over their shoulder... They'd see Josh and Pinky, the sylveon more or less jogging their way with the pace she moved at.

Under the illusory mask, they grimaced - and they weighed their options on whether to bail, or to keep playing along. The path ahead, hopefully, was free of other League members - so rather than give Josh a response... "... We're going." They spoke softly to Tsume - and the false Mienshao nodded in understanding.

Wasting no time, he'd scoop Makoto up in his arms and - without even looking back - begin darting ahead. This set a scene that might seem vaguely familiar, aside from the location and Tsume's disguise...
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,071 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 8:03:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The disguise and the actions were all too familiar. While he couldn't put a finger on whose name it was, this scenario was one he had played through on Macro Cosmos' dating sim. It was one of the more enjoyable ones, the Gym Leader getting an external perspective on his specialty in high speed. They were a slippery one to catch, and he figured it may be the same. He couldn't hold back any of his team's speed. He had to use his fastest, even if it meant using a Pokémon that was more adept to the field than the confines of a tunnel.

"Blinky!" the young man called out as he released the Jolteon from her Poké Ball and mounted up. "After her!" The yellow Pokémon wasted no time getting up to speed, sparks flying from her paws. While they had a huge lead, Josh was on one of his fastest Pokémon. If he needed to, he could have her QUICK ATTACK, too... but doing that haphazardly could plaster the rider against the cave walls if not used in long enough of a tunnel.

Thread MP: 70

{WC: 188}
{PC: 7}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 9:30:21 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
The chase was on - and Makoto was keen on making sure that they weren't caught. Glancing back and seeing the swift Jolteon attempting to gain on them, they'd mutter a soft curse - they weren't sure if Tsume could outpace her - though they weren't fully concerned yet. Not when they had a number of tools at their disposal to try and shake this pursuer.

Digging through their bag, Makoto would pull out a sticky glob - and without a moment's hesitation, would throw it back over Tsume's shoulder at Blinky, in an attempt to tangle up the Jolteon's legs!
Sticky Glob #1 used