August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Ode to Joy[PostDorm - Interdream]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 14:13:07 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","body"]

It was strange, just as he had completed his mission to deliver supplies, Kouji found himself wandering through the cave, a grunt like himself was not supposed to be partaking in the deeper mysteries…Or so he had assumed. But that wasn’t the case tonight, there was a beat in the mind. It was like a dull throbbing that got louder and louder as he approached the cave mouth, and that portal that led to an entirely different place. This place had been dark, but a flashlight was illuminating it, yet the shadows still danced.

[break][break]

It was here that he was supposed to meet with another fellow rocket grunt, but he couldn’t think of names, or people, or things, or places…Where was he? Why was the darkness reaching out to him, he shined the light onto it as a shield, but it didn’t shield him in the slightest. He wasn’t sure whether he could protect himself with a mere light against all encompassing shadows. It was too much, too much, much, much,much,much,much…

[break][break]

Then it snapped back to normality, the darkness was just that, an absence of light, and the shadows returned to just that, shadows, mere cracks in the fabric of reality.

[break][break]

But that was it, that was the problem. This was the kind of thing that he couldn’t move past, and where was his companion anyway? He would be paired with another Grunt, it was someone like himself, someone who could help prove that he still existed, that he wasn’t existing in just a shadow. ”What kind of name is Shred Zeppelin anyway.” He thought to himself, making fun of the name would allow him to free up his mind.

[break][break]

Even if he did truly think that it was a cool name.

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

-[break]

-20mp - Paranoia[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
726 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 16:35:12 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You're tired. Frankly, it's just been a very tiring day. You knew you were never a very good Pokemon trainer, but you didn't expect all the other trainers to be so much better than you were. Really seems like you just can't get a single win over anyone. Are you really just that bad? No, no, that can't be it. It's everyone else whose wrong. All these bastards with their Tyranitars and their Salamences, who do they think they are? They probably think themselves noble, but really, they're just scum. You, though? You're the real noble one. You're a proper noble type. The Queen of Galar would surely knight you if she knew how noble you were.

Still, doesn't change anything, does it? You, of all people, know how little nobility means. The unfortunate truth of the matter is, if you want to start winning fights, you'll need better Pokemon. Toxtricity and Doublade and Forretress are all well and good, but they can't go toe-to-toe with the real heavy hitters. If only you had a real brawny sort who could fill that sort of role...

Oh well. No point worrying about it. After all, it's not like you can just nip out of here and catch a new Pokemon to fill the gap in your ranks. So, you may as well just grin and bear it, and work on correcting that little flaw in your team later.

For now, you need to rendezvouz with your contact. You've been lost for so long, they finally sent someone to clue you in. In fact, they're here right now, waving that flashlight around in the darkness. You're guessing that they're looking for you, so it'd probably be a good idea to step out of the darkness, right? Seems like your monologuing time is up for now. Keep all this in the back of your mind so you can scribble it into your autobiography later. For now, it's time for business.

"It's a sick name, is what it is."

Finally, you make your dramatic entrance. You flick your lighter on-- No, hang on, try again, okay, no, just keep hitting the wheel, no, try again, hm... Still no spark, huh? Is it really out of lighter fluid? Fuck. Well, there goes the dramatic entrance, so it's time for plan B. You stride out from the gloom and into the light, unlit cigarette in your mouth, your entire body practically radiating disappointment. This is the kid you're supposed to meet? Yeah, matches the description you got over the radio. The feed was a little crackly and warbly, and it did cut out a bit, but you're sure you've got the most of it.

"Besides, you're one to talk. What kind of name is Mr Bara Joe Jeeves? Sounds like the name someone gives their Mr Mime. That's gotta be bad for your soul, innit? If I were you, mate, I'd get that shit changed ASAP."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 23:53:58 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

You couldn’t help but feel a mixture of apprehension and fear in the darkness of the cave, but the comforting sounds of another human, no matter how strange; providing a succor to you. It was almost like a balsam for your soul. You turn around, facing the strange man; sniffing the air rather obviously and finding your nose curling more at the sight rather than the smell of the cigarettes you so disliked. The smell had been an early memory for you, your father and the many men that lived in the streets of Rustboro should have gotten you used to the smell, but it had only pushed you further away.
[break][break]
You took in a deep breath after hearing him speak, a look on your face that showed you just how common a sight this was for you. ”It’s Matsubara Kouji, not whatever the hell you just said, Shreeeeeeed. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t shred the pronunciation of my name too.” You put in extra emphasis on the word twice over, stretching out the ‘E’ in the most childish manner. There was a petulance in your expression. In the subtle pout that you would have never admitted was a pout, in the subtle narrowing of your eyes, and even in the way that you stepped forward into his space.
[break][break]
Your hand brought up to around your waist, your fingers splayed, it wasn’t a proper handshake, rather you sought to crush his hand in your own the moment in which he took the invitation. Yet, your mind danced with all manner of worries, as if nothing would be able to calm you back down again. Not even the voice of an annoying compatriot.
[break][break]
But that was the moment in which you felt the darkness reaching for you again, as if to drag you into its tender embrace. A part of you couldn’t help but want to lean into it, a smell that reminded you of childhood, of your mother’s bosom, of a gentle hug after you’ve fallen. But the way that your hair stood on end, in which goosbumps rose as if a wave of potchy skin was taking over your own. It felt almost like warm porridge until the cold shivers shook you out of your fear, back to normal, merely looking into the sunglasses of a strange man who could not smoke his cigarette.
"Lets investigate, I'm sure you've been feeling that too, haven't you? The darkness isn't just that, I'm sure of it. It's like..." There was no way for you to say it proudly. No way to admit, as a grown adult, that you were still scared of the dark. You hadn't been before the mission started, but like a child who had built up some courage; you had it ripped away from you, as if having been struck by a slipper, dragged down to earth by the violence of adults.

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

-[break]

-30mp - Paranoia+posts[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
726 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 18:36:36 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Tch. Cunt. You're a mouthy sort, aren't you?"

It's harsh words spoken with none of the gravity one would expect. Indeed, it didn't sound like an insult, but it wasn't quite affectionate either. It was more like an observation, the same tone one would take when commenting on the weather, stated as though it were a matter of fact. Then again, takes one to know one, right? And you can certainly claim to knowing one when you see one.

Frankly, you're about ready to head out, but it seems the pipsqueak has other ideas. You're not certain, but he seems like he's on edge. You've heard chit-chat that this place messes with your head, that lingering too long can warp your view of the world. Make you see things that aren't there, hear things that don't exist, and so on. Funnily enough, you haven't really felt anything like that. It's been "smooth sailing" for as long as you've been in this other dimension, save for all the times you've gotten your ass kicked. Or, maybe you have been experiencing the effects, and you're just already in too deep to notice it? Or, maybe one too many late night with bad company made you resistant to whatever bad trip everyone else got? Whatever. Makes no difference to you. You just want to leave.

"Sorry, twerp, but whatever you're looking for, you won't find it here." You begin to explain, marching straight into the shadows without a care. As though to prove your point, you pull your lighter out of your pocket, clicking it on to illuminate the gloom. "I've been here for the last ten, fifteen, however many minutes, and I haven't seen anything or met anyone. There's nothing--"

CRUNCH!

"--NGH!"

Your words get stuck in your throat and the breath is stolen from your lungs as you're hit hard in the stomach. Or, maybe your chest? You can't tell if you're dealing with broken ribs or a bruised belly, because your entire torso hurts all the same. Was there actually something in here with you the whole time? Sitting in the pitch black, even as you waited in the room with it? You can't tell. All you catch is a fuzzy blur in the corner of your eye before your lighter hits the ground and plunges the cave into dark once more.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 21:12:35 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

You hadn’t had much interaction with this person, but the first thought that came to your mind was ‘fun’. It was a strange thought to have, but it didn’t seem like this person was like one of the other softies you had been paired with, or those with big dreams of being revolutionaries. Just another person, but you had only shared some words, and so you weren’t about to voice such a thing. ”Yes. Yes I am.” You grinned as you said it, a toothy grin that you weren’t sure was going to get across in this darkness.
[break][break]
The same darkness that felt as if it was busy squeezing down your lungs, that was taking the breath out of you. But it was just darkness, that was nothing special.
[break][break]
You hoped.
[break][break]
”Twerp?” You mouthed, repeating the feeling of that word. That had been the first time you had been called such a thing in a long while. But the dismissal of your concern, and the resulting action had you on edge in an instant as darkness once again took over; your eyes tried to adjust as quickly as possible, and yet nothing came from it.
[break][break]
”Hey…You okay?” You whispered, and yet you kicked yourself for it. Whatever would have been loud enough for Shred to hear, would have been loud enough for anyone else to witness too. Was it an assassin in the dark? A pokemon? Something else entirely, you couldn’t be sure, but the darkness felt twice as oppressive now that the light had disappeared once more.
[break][break]
It was no different to before, there had been no shift in it, no changes in that…But, a moment of light had been the balm for your soul you had needed, and the disappearance of that balm had only made the pain that much worse for you. ”Damn it.” You gritted your teeth, you weren’t supposed to be scared of such simple things. You were the baddest person of your end of Rustboro, police, others, criminals, none of them had scared you.
[break][break]
So you gritted your teeth, and stepped forward as you flicked out your knife, the blade didn’t have time to shine before it had been knocked from your hand, and then the immediate blow afterwards as it threw you against a wall, a loud, powerful strike that hadn’t even left any air in your lungs; it felt as if your ribs had creaked from the blow.
[break][break]
Just what was going on here.
[break][break]
Why were your hands going towards your pokeball, the red light of a pokemon appearing in this space, of your Absol’s horn illuminating the area for a moment as it roared.
[break][break]
It was the light you needed, bright enough for you to find the handle of the emotion known as hope.

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

-[break]

-30mp - Paranoia+posts[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
726 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 0:21:56 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You don't really see much of what's going on, given the fact that you're preoccupied with being slumped. Writhing in pain and trying not to scream is a full commitment, and you don't have much energy left to dedicate to anything else. That probably explains why your vision is blurring and why your ears are ringing. Your body's priorities are rapidly shifting, and your senses are getting shuffled down low on the totem pole of your disgusting biology.

Still, as you're squirming like a worm on a hook, you do manage to catch the sight of your accomplice suffering a similar smackdown as you. It's frankly astounding how quickly your opponent dropped the both of you. It was really a masterclass in brute force, an exemplary display of the simplicity of hitting things hard. It's enough to bring a tear to your eye.

That's certainly the only reason you're crying right now.

Luckily, Kouji's Absol makes its presence known, illuminating the darkness as it does so. Straining your eyes, you're finally able to glimpse the perpetrator of your gut shot - A giant bug. At least, you think it's a bug? It looks fairly bug-like, what with the wings and such, but it's all so fuzzy that you can't be sure. After all, bugs are usually shit like Butterfree and Beautifly, right? Could an insect really hit that hard?

You'll find out soon enough. The insect is quick to react to the flash of light, its wide eyes immediately narrowing in on the source and lurching towards it. Soon enough, the Disaster Pokemon is faced down with an ill omen of its own, one moving a breakneck speed and aiming a punch straight at its dome.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 13:08:41 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
You would be forgiven for forgetting things such as type advantages in a dire moment such as this one; a punch was a simple matter. But you couldn’t help but feel at least some relief at seeing a large bug, but then you begun to wonder just how it hit so hard, and then the worry started to truly set in.
[break][break]
Even if you could make it out, the confidence that usually filled you to your very marrow; the bravado that ran through your entire circulatory system, the spunk that shot between your synapses and ran through your nervous system; it all went cold.
[break][break]
That was the moment in which the impact struck Absol; hitting it cold in the jaw; the pokemon’s head rocked to the side, a crack you could hear as his legs feel underneath him. You knew in that moment…
[break][break]
This was a brawl.
[break][break]
You weren’t sure what spurred you on first, that cold feeling had turned into an inferno the moment that sound hit your ears; your feet began to move, and then your fists did immediately afterwards as it landed against the soft fur; before you found yourself being flung away and crashing against the wall.
[break][break]
It seemed to be done with you, you noted it turning towards the other; as if looking them up and down, deciding what to do with it. Your hands went to your pokemon who seemed dazed, but still awake, still alive.
[break][break]
The fire smoldered.

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

-[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
726 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 14:13:03 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
This is going terribly, isn't it? You're splayed out on the floor, your partner is splayed out on the floor, and your partner's Absol is splayed out on the floor. If this is a brawl, then all three of you are losing to this bug. Seriously, just what is this thing? It's an absolute powerhouse, and it looks like nothing you've ever seen before.

As its attention turns back to you, a lightbulb goes off in your head. This thing has to be a Pokemon, right? Even if you can't recognise it, the odds are better than not that it is one. And, judging by its behaviour, it has to be a wild one. No domesticated Pokemon would ever act like this, and even if it did, it especially wouldn't be left on its own. The odds are better than not that this is a wild Pokemon. So, that means that there's one surefire way to get out of this mess...

...Okay, well, it's far from surefire. In fact, it's probably better to call it a longshot. Still, it's all you've got.

So, as the insect charges towards you, you unhook an empty Pokeball from your belt, and proceed to fling it directly into its face. The meaty thud of impact echoes throughout the cave, before the bug is consumed by a red glow and disappears into the Pokeball.

As it tumbles down to the ground, rocking and shifting and struggling, all you can do is pray that it holds.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 1:14:21 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
You couldn’t believe the way that things turned out in such a small space of time; it was a complete change in the flow of things, in the depths of this darkness, the thing that crawled up your spine was a shiver.
[break][break]
Was it excitement that made your heart pump, or was it that one emotion, a thing you would not allow yourself to acknowledge, that this very world forced you to take in mind, to grasp and confirm.
[break][break]
That was why you let loose the breath that had been locked up in your lungs, the key was found, and that key was a pokeball; the red flash, the disappearance of the creature, and the rocking; side to side.
[break][break]
It rocked one way, it rocked the other, and returned again; your eyes never left it for a moment; even as the light began to dip; the red light around the circle. There was something to it, you could feel it; even in a dream like this.
[break][break]
”Did we…”
[break][break]
You didn’t complete it, you did not want to jinx it, but it had stopped moving, and with it; you could breath once more.

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

-[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
726 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 1:36:20 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
CLICK!

That sound is what finishes Kouji's sentence. It's a confirmation that yes, in fact, you did. Honestly, you can't really believe it yourself. Not at first, anyway. For a tense moment, you're certain that your mind had given in to the paranoia of this place, and you're hallucinating everything that just happened. You feel a creeping dread deep in your chest, as though at any moment, this reality might be torn away, and you'll find yourself back where you were: On the wrong end of a beating.

But after a moment, that feeling passes. No, this very much is the present moment, realer than it is fake. That Pokeball, and the Pokemon within it, are as real as your fractures and your bruises. You just... You just don't know, do you? You just really don't know. What the hell did you just capture, and why was it so strong? It was stronger than your Toxtricity, stronger than the punk's Absol...

...Stronger than that bastard's Tyranitar? Or that copper's Lycanroc?

"Well, well... Looks like we've got some debts to collect, don't we, comrade?"

Grunting and heaving, you manage to scramble over to the Pokeball, practically dragging yourself along the ground. However, all the pain and suffering is made worth it as you hold it in your hand. This is the secret weapon you needed. This is an apex predator. Everything before now was just the prologue, the warm-up, the opening act. Now that you have this?

The story of Shred Zeppelin is about to kick into overdrive.

"...Now, let's get the fuck out of here, yeah? I don't know about you, but I've got about ten minutes before the adrenaline wears off, and I sure as shit don't want to be sober when that happens."

THREAD MP TOTAL:
10 x 5 MP = 50FP for IC Posts.
10 MP for Paranoia.
100 MP for completing a mission.
50 MP for participation in a mission.
200 MP for "winning" the mission.
Total - 410 MP
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 3:21:38 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

You couldn’t help but agree with the assessment, looking at the pokeball; you felt the forming bruise, and so you looked at the pokeball in your hand, and drew your Absol back into it. ”Yeah…Fuck this place. I want out.” You knew that it would only get worse, deeper, and more frightening as you left this place.
[break][break]
That was fine, you could deal with that.
[break][break]
”I ain’t gonna argue with the guy who caught that monster bug anyway.” You said as you began to dust yourself off slowly; creaks and cracks; that was the sensation you felt. As if you had just aged by a good thirty years, you merely had to go for that crack, those pathways into a lost realm.
[break][break]
So you left, began to move; step by step.
[break][break]
To get the fuck outta here.

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

-[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 0:40:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: