TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
Master of Disaster [POST DORMITUM]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 3:27:35 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjertop"]

[attr="class","samjer"]
[attr="class","samjermain"]
The caves echoed with the sounds of battle. Crystals lit up like fireworks—though refraction made it difficult to tell just where the battles were coming from. While others shouted and gritted teeth, the scientist looked as if she was taking a walk through a roadside zoo. Instead of powerful trainers, she saw balding bears with Russian circus scars. What a vicious, feral battlefield.

With her mask exchanged for a league regulation helmet—courtesy of a very attractive corpse—she was able to weave between the league’s lines mostly unnoticed. Her fellow Rockets, meanwhile, recognized Purrseus and his telltale collar. A designer backpack was slung over her shoulders. In it were notes from her encounters this evening and a few valuables she’d picked up. A strange charm—violet and shaped like a shark tooth—hung from her bangle. “Through here, Pursy.” Calpurnia murmured as she guided them into a quieter tunnel.

When the pair emerged, it was into a mid-sized cavern. The stalactites above made navigating by air a dangerous experience. A number of large rock pillars constrained movement—giving little room to build up speed and momentum. But none of these drew her immediate attention. That honor went to the dark-haired man at the room’s center. A vague sense of recognition tickled her synapses. Ah, yes. The god stalker. What was it he called himself?

Ah, yes! It was a nickname she gave to her first college boyfriend. The one with a hare trigger and zero idea how to make a woman purr. Dark lips curled up at their edges.

“Well, well.” Calpurnia cooed at him as she confidently made her way across the stony cavern. “If it isn’t the Master of Faster.” Aside from his disturbing obsession and hypocritical do-gooder nature, the gym leader was quite attractive.

Judging by his face, Purrseus did not agree.

Notes
  • + 50 MP for Start
  • + 10 MP for Post

[attr="class","samjer","samjertag"]
[attr="class","samjerpoke"]
[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 6:22:08 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was running out of Pokémon to battle with, and fast. He gave a call to his secretary at Mauville Gym requesting six more of his Pokémon be sent to the island town to help with the skirmish there. They at first protested, insisting the Gym no longer had enough Pokémon to operate. "I need them. Send them to Dewford, please. Close the Gym early if you have to. This shit in Dewford is serious." The rare curse from the Gym Leader was plenty to get the reluctant Gym staffer to act upon the Leader's wishes.

Very few of Josh's ride Pokémon would be available for today's expedition. He passed through the rift astride Steel Needle, a quite-large Gliscor that was capable of fully free flight within the depths of Ultra Deep Sea. She had the most combat experience out of Josh's Pokémon; the rest were fresh recruits that had only ever done sparring at the Gym. Still, it was all he had left.

Before he could even get to the rift, though, he heard a taunt from a young woman. With silent commands from Josh through the Gliscor's reins, Steel Needle swooped around the large, artificially-lit cavern that gave even flying Pokémon space to battle, though it was still more cramped than the rider would have liked. "You're in our way," the young man asked kindly as his Gliscor steed swooped in next to her. "If you know me as the Master of Faster, then you must know I'm Mauville's Gym Leader. If you know what that means, then you'll move. Now."

Josh's Sygna Suit will be inert for this thread; it is being worn for flavor only. He will not have access to its powers.

Post MP: 10 (IC post)
Thread MP: 10

{WC: 269}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥
Josh            Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Moosh           Ursaluna          Good  
Steel Needle    Gliscor           Good  
Zetalpa         Tropius           Good  
Winky           Greninja          Good  
Danjuro         Honedge           Good  
Mystic          K!Ninetales       Good  
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
This vessel is a lie, a shapeshifting beast, a lesson in fluidity
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2023 21:12:41 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]
At the demand, a slim pink brow lifted. Slim arms lifted to fold across her chest, the cat at her feet lashing his tail. She certainly did not look like a Rocket. She had even procured this ugly little outfit. But his initial snap wasn’t the end of it.

Ah. What a rude little boy. It was no wonder he was all alone with no thunder cat to keep him warm at night. Instead of responding with a scratching quip, Calpurnia merely smiled. “And if I don’t?” Gym leaders weren’t the ones who did the heavy lifting. Their muscles weren’t rippling in the open air as they threw blows. It’d be actually interesting if it was. She might even tune in.

Tsking beneath her breath, Calpurnia continued her strange pantomime. “If this is how you treat a friend, I shudder to think what you would do to an enemy.” She jingled her charm with a soft, alluring smile. “Your mother must be ashamed.” If one of her boys ever talked to a lady that way—especially one old enough to be their mother, they would get more than a slap outside the head. Certainly no toys or Pokemon for a couple of weeks.

“Honestly, you act like there aren’t a hundred ways through this cavern.” Kelpie huffed. “It is not like I am a Snorlax.” She put a lot of effort into keeping her body trim, thank you. That was why she could still share her daughter’s wardrobe.

That route—and that stupid ending—really made her want to wipe the floor with this silly little muffin. Not that she really battled often. Nor was she particularly skilled at it. She mostly trusted the vicious beasts to do what instinct demanded—with a little bit of strategy tossed in. Right now, she was just stalling until she came up with one of those.

Notes

• +10 MP for post

[newclass=.samjer] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.samjermain] margin: 0 auto; width:350px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjer b] color: #C48EE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer i] color: #9E8CE8; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #D49736; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.samjer a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.samjertop] width:440px;background-color:#272727;height:50px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2023 15:06:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When he encountered resistance from the lady, the Gym Leader's mount flourished her pincers. He also showed his Elite Ranger badge and credentials. "Yes, but I have business at the rift, which you are blocking the only entrance to," the young man astride his Gliscor pointed out. "If you were paying attention during the briefing, you would have been made aware of this."

Josh reached for one of the Poké Balls at his waist. While he was a bit nervous about using some of the new Pokémon he had at his command, plus he didn't want to wear them out before he got to the rift. That was where the real information war would take place. "All I need you to do is step aside so Steel Needle and I can make it to the rift. That's all I ask."

Josh's Sygna Suit will be inert for this thread; it is being worn for flavor only. He will not have access to its powers.

Thread MP: 20

{WC: 141}
{PC: 2}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 8:35:27 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]
Well, this little stall tactic seemed to be working fabulously. The fellow seemed to enjoy hearing himself grandstand. Even if she did not end up fighting him, a few minutes might be enough to put a wrench in someone’s plans.

At the talk of the rift, she feigned shock. A fake shudder passed through her form as she turned in the indicated direction. “Is it? And you want to go inside? What a courageous (stupid) thing to do! Wouldn’t walkie-talkies be easier?” A bit of digging in hopes of learning why the silly gym leader wanted so badly to make the rift. The woman smoothed out her outfit as she seemed to ponder his scolding. “It is hard to hear those bores, you know? This place is loud.” She gestured to her Purugly. “Poor Purrsy can barely stand it! He’s a nervous wreck!”

Blink. Blink. “Meow.” The normal type looked more bored than perturbed. Then again, he did have the face of someone who regularly made out with a skillet. As Josh continued, his tails sped up their irritable spiral. Much like his trainer, he found do-gooders grating on the nerves. They so often were just hypocrites who gave two shits about the real consequences of their actions. They loved punching muggers in the face but never supported the things which actually fixed.

“Iron Needle?” She queried as she stared up at the Gliscor. The chitin core did not seem to be anything special. “What part of him is iron?” Ugh, that thing was hideous. It looked like something a fellow mad scientist would create—-without the genetic engineering.

“Well.” With a slight curtsy, Calpurnia scooted a few yards to the left. This gave him just enough room to get by. It would be a tight fit. Proof that Kelpie knew the importance of obeying the letter of the law. “I won’t stand in your way.” Just close enough to it to make you uncomfortable. She sniffed, feigning crocodile tears. “Even if it’s dangerous.” Just like the poison barb clutched in her hand.

Notes

• +10 MP for post

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2023 19:47:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed the lady didn't truly understand how dangerous the rifts were. "I don't want to go inside. I have to go. As a Gym Leader, it is a duty I have been tasked with." Of course, he wasn't at liberty to namedrop . The nerves of such a well-trainer Purugly were telling. He would give the normal-type a gentle pet on the head if Kelpie allowed it.

"That's Steel Needle," Josh corrected, not giving her any more pleasure. If she wanted to know why Steel Needle was named so, she could mess around and find out. Ultimately, it seemed the intimidation tactics worked; while it wasn't ideal, she did yield. "Thank you. We'll be on our way now. Have a good one, and stay safe!" With that, the Gliscor raised her wings into an awkward position, crawling past Kelpie awkwardly; Josh was still within arm's reach even while mounted.

Thread MP: 30

{WC: 150}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 13:01:45 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]
In truth, Calpurnia adored[ the rifts. The journeys through these alien lands—often surrounded by cannon fodder—were far more interesting than her honeymoon to Alola. Every step represented a shift in the scientific paradigm. The strange, wrong life forms tickled her sense of curiosity. To be fair, however, touring a menagerie was much simpler when you weren’t the one handing out dinner.

“I see.” She murmured softly to herself. The talk of duty made her wrinkle her nose. While she understood such things, the idea of doing them for some vague, nebulous entity was strange. Why go through all the trouble of becoming a gym leader if a bureaucrat could just ship you off to power? Especially when so many gym leaders chose not to? “All that responsibility on one so young. What a burden.” She feigned a weight on her shoulders.

Perseus detested being touched. Only his mistress could demean him with strokes and cuddling. Even her children received such gifts sporadically. With the exception of the eldest, the kittens learned to leave the beast well enough alone. When Josh reached for him, a glare from Calpurnia kept him in line. “Mreow.” He even feigned a purr. But, as Josh turned, his eyes briefly flickered a brighter blue. The Hypnosis was subtle and easy to miss.

Calpurnia, seeing her friend’s little mischief, made no move to stop him. If Purrseus wanted to be a petty, persnickety kitty, that was his decision. Though she would admit it was amusing. “Steel needle?” She hummed. “I think that fits even less.” Then again, Purrseus, with his husky frame, did not match the description of an ancient mythological hero. But most people picked up on the beautiful pun. “Those are pinchers, after all.”

Certainly not something she wanted snapping on her. As she approached him, palming a poison barb, a nearby battle provided the perfect distraction. The ground rippled beneath them as a fissure spread down a nearby tunnel. Crystals fell from above, shattering on the ground below. With a girlish shout, Calpurnia fell into Josh. As she rose, staring around wildly, she tried to draw the thinnest scrape across his skin.

Even the stoic cat looked like his paw had gotten stuck in an electrical socket.

Notes

• +10 MP for post
  • Purrseus uses Hypnosis (on Josh or Steel Needle)
  • Calpurnia attempts to graze Josh with the Poison Bar

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 21:47:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
In Josh's eyes, Calpurnia didn't understand duty. Those who served in the line of duty would be repaid many times over, whether in this life or the next. Suffering for a century in this life, or suffering for an eternity in the next? The choice was easy. The Mauville Leader was aware, having met with and talking about his Avatarship many times, that the journey to become an Avatar was far less painful than the journey following it. To him, becoming a soldier in 's army was not the true reward of being Raikou's Avatar. It was to be a soldier in the Great One's army.

Josh moved his hand away rapidly at Perseus' reaction. "Sorry! I raise a lot of feline Pokémon, and most of mine love being rubbed there." Seconds later, the HYPNOSIS caused Josh to pass out and Steel Needle to stop advancing. Neither the violence of the nearby battle nor the venomous injection woke Josh. It took the sound of a crystal shattering near him, pelting him and piercing his SYGNA SUIT to wake him up. Blood gushed through the hole created by the shrapnel, yet he did not feel pain. His mind instructed his hands and arms to manipulate Steel Needle's reins, but he could not move. Neither could he speak. Calpurnia's venom was far worse than mere venom.

It was a paralytic.

With him cocooned to Steel Needle's saddle, Josh would be in constant danger as the gliding scorpion Pokémon extended its barbed tail toward the vile lady, an effort to get around her and retreat out of the cave to get his trainer the medical attention he needed.

Josh is PARALYZED and cannot take an action this round.

Mv6qWmsZ

Thread MP: 40

{WC: 278}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 1:08:22 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar

[attr="class","samjer"]
The cat narrowed his eyes as Josh pulled his hand away. Even if the contact were never made, the insult would remain. How dare you touch me with those dirty hands? I have no idea where those have been. Government agent or not, he was an uncultured rube.

A pair of manicured hands descended to rest upon his broad skull. “Oh, he does love it. Purrsy-Wurrsy just isn’t good with strangers.” A gently scratch to the base of the feline’s ear seemed to calm him. Or, at least, that is what Calpurnia saw. Josh just saw the back of his eyelids. Calpurnia and her feline friend shared a look of amusement—the former managing to feign shock. “Oh dear! He must be exhausted!” She cooed, malice sneaking through the faux concern.

“Should get him a blanket?” Kelpe suggested with every ounce of maternal instinct she could force. The cat lifted a paw to his mouth. The grooming managed to hide his snicker. Certainly Kelpie could get the dear a blanket, but it’d likely be from a home that was bed bug positive. Then again, the barb to the side was much more direct and effective.

As the scorpion tail lifted offensively, Calpurnia sprang back. Quite an admirable feat considering her choice of foot wear. Just out of reach she followed the man and his Pokemon. “What happened, Joshie?” The woman chuckled. Cat got your tongue?” Though he rolled his eyes, Perseus was purring. Notably, he stayed two steps behind his trainer. He had zero intentions of being shishkabobed by that ugly purple bat.

Notes

• +10 MP for post
  • + 10 MP for Poison Barb

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 16:44:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Calpurnia may have been able to see subtle shifts in Josh's facial expression belying disgust, but there was little he could do with the paralytic remaining in effect. There was little Steel Needle could do, what with her cocooned rider unable to resist the force of her movement. Without being able to use his entire body to support him, he could suffer a serious upper body injury if the Gliscor made a sudden move!

Steel Needle's options limited, the poison-type reached toward Calpurnia with the voltage of a THUNDER FANG -- or twin Thunder Pincers, rather. The best course of action she could come up with would be to try to immobilize the Rocket with paralysis of her own. At this point, Josh had written the mission off as a failure; he just wanted to get back to Dewford HQ and live to fight another day.

Josh is PARALYZED and cannot take an action this round.

dCfvq|1n

Thread MP: 50

{WC: 145}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 3:10:04 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
She saw the sparks rippling on the monster’s extremities, but Calpurnia quite enjoyed playing a troll. So, when she finally chose to step back, it was a bit too late. A pincher snagged at her ankle, drawing blood. Her teeth gritted together as a current rippled through her body. “Tch!” Her normal elegance vanished as she stumbled backward. Blood dripped on the ground. “What a rude, nasty little creature. Maybe the life of a pack animal is exactly what you deserve.” Her hand dropped to her belt as she hopped backward on her good foot. “Maybe we can give you a field lobotomy.”

Unfortunately, paralysis did not come. But the gouge itself was already beginning to purple. The wound looked nasty. Only the thick band of her heels stopped the bruised bone from snapping. An irritable glare fell to her feline’s face—had he just snickered? When she turned, he wore an expression of faux ignorance. The same look he used whenever a lab Pidgey disappeared.

Calpurnia did not buy his act. “Are you going to just stand there? You ungrateful little—” Her ankle erupted in pain as she moved to take a step forward. “AH!” Perseus, realizing the injury was not a flesh wound, moved to duck under her arm. The woman leaned against him, glaring at the Gliscor. “Can you at least hit it?” Not particularly suited to long-term combat—courtesy of his typical pampered life—the feline sighed. But, as wise men said, happy trainer, happy life.

His eyes flashed sky blue as he lifted one husky paw. He slashed at the air, a bird-shaped blade flying at the Gliscor’s carapace.

Notes

• +10 MP for post
  • Calpurnia gets hit by Thunder Fang
  • Purrseus attacks Steel Needle with Aerial Ace

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 6:53:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Steel Needle's recoil from Purrseus' AERIAL ACE snapped some feeling back into Josh. While his limbs still felt like static was running through them from the paralytic, he could at least move them some. More importantly, he could speak again. The Gliscor hissed from the air blade cutting across her left side and grazing Josh. With her condition becoming increasingly dire and Calpurnia apparently stunned from the sound, the Gym Leader saw an opening.

"Sting 'em, Steel Needle," he weakly commanded, pointing his finger at the Purugly. The Gliscor leaped toward the top of the tunnel and attempted to bear down on the normal-type with a sting of her tail. Provided that landed and caused Calpurnia's Pokémon to become stunned, or he saw another opportunity to do so afterward, he would attempt to glide over the duo in a retreat to safety.

iDH4UU20

Thread MP: 60

{WC: 143}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kelpie
She/Her
June 18
Snowbelle City
Pansexual
Rocket Scientist
Grunt
Fill Me Up Buttercup
M.I.A.
35 height
35 height
awards
323 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calpurnia
Calpurnia Kubrick
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 19:52:59 GMT
Calpurnia Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","samjer"]
With his duty done, Perseus took a single step back. His rightmost paw—the stronger of the two—remained curled up in a striking position. Razor-like claws jutted past the ends of his paws. A warning to the stupid little flying rat that stared them down. The normally neutral eyes narrowed to slits. Sting me, huh?

This pissant would find him a far harder target than his mistress. Watching as the beast took to the skies, Perseus settled into a crouch. Beneath thick layers of fat, muscles stiffened like ripcords. Just a little closer, hun. Knowing his opponent was retreating, he made as if to take the blow—stepping back just so on the moment of impact. Darkness swirled around his paw as he swung it forward, aiming to land a Sucker Punch right in the thing’s ugly mug.

Kelpie sighed when the Boy Wonder returned to wakefulness. “You really are much cuter when you keep your mouth shut, love.” Ignoring the pain in her leg, Kelpie moved to slide her leg back. The last thing she wanted was to be knocked out by a giant bat monster. It’d be quite inelegant. Hopefully, it would bandage up quickly enough. While not paralyzed like Joshie, her leg felt like pins and needles.

So, if Purrseus wanted to have a bit of fun, Kelpie had no intention of stopping him. The poor dear quite enjoyed the upper hand.

Notes
  • +10 MP for post
  • Purrseus uses Sucker Punch

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 4:43:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Indeed, Steel Needle had dropped her guard as she saw the Purugly stagger back from her venomous sting plucking the feline. Just as it was looking like the Gliscor would be able to carry Josh to safety, WHAM! A critical hit in the form of a headshot prompted Josh to undo his cocoon while he had the strength to do so. He slid down from the Gliscor's back seconds before she keeled over, her neck starting to swell. Recalling the poison-type, Josh sent out... a saddle-wearing Greninja. Was there limits on Pokémon with even a somewhat appropriate body shape the Gym Leader was willing to rein up?

Fighting through his tingling limbs, Josh stumbled toward the nimble water-type and scurried aboard. Not even unhooking the reins from the end of Winky's saddle, he trusted the rather large Greninja would be able to make her escape with Josh in tow. Taking advantage of the large, underground space he had drawn the battle into, the amphibian attempted a tall leap over the Purugly, leaving a trail of SMOKESCREEN in their wake as cover.

RErQKlcq

Post MP: 10 (IC post) + 50 (Ally Pokémon KO)
Thread MP: 120

{WC: 182}
{PC: 7}

♥♥♥♥
Steel Needle    Gliscor           KO  
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 6:53:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't like running away under cover; he didn't like fleeing at all. He didn't have much of a choice, though. With his paralyzed body a liability to whatever he rode, it was better that the Gym Leader live to fight another day. He had an obligation to run his Gym, as well. It was a good thing he didn't have to do much to run his Gym. He was in no condition to take on challengers, and probably wouldn't be for a while after!

The blue amphibian ran out of the cave as gently as the minimum speed needed for a rider to maintain comfortable posture allowed. She wanted to fight. She really did. She couldn't, though, not without putting her trainer in a great deal of danger. The light of the sun blinded Josh as he left the cave and sought medical attention at a nearby League infirmary.

Post MP: 10 (IC post) + 50 (Mission participation) + 100 (Mission completion) + 300 (Mission failure)
Thread MP: 580

{WC: 150}
{PC: 8}

♥♥♥♥
Steel Needle    Gliscor           KO