awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
Jackal and Fox [Postdorm Comm]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 16:03:41 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Ideally, Makoto would've preferred to not linger so close to other League members for so long. But, they had work to do - and thus, work is what they'd do.

It would be in an outpost set up just at the edge of Dewford that Makoto finds themself - weaving between the other people moving about, going about their respective jobs. Though the occasional person casts a glance their way, there is nothing amiss to be found - at least not at a glance.

They are heavily disguised, with two layers. The first layer is dark concealing clothing - a hoodie, a mask, and the like - to hide all but their eyes. The second layer, on the other hand, is that of illusions weaved by Kuro - the hisuian zorua hidden in their shadow. Made from piecemeal features from different strangers that the ghost has seen, Makoto looks more or less like an average joe schmo - certainly noone exciting or distinctive - in the uniform of a low-ranking Ranger.

They walk with confidence and belonging as they mingle amongst their supposed 'peers', though - eyes quietly scanning their surroundings. This job is something twofold - their primary task being to simply spy on League, and to keep track of their movements. But their secondary task is something that they're quite familiar with - stealing. Supplies, documents - anything to fuel the Rocket war machine, or to otherwise shed light on League's plans.

Which, in theory, is easy - they were plenty confident in their ability to get in, pocket a few things, and get out - all without anyone so much as noticing them until it's too late. The main question, theoretically, would be just finding the goods...

... But the better question here would be something else - namely, what were they going to do, if someone were to sniff them out sooner than expected...?
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 22:08:01 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Man, was Julia glad to be out of the Ultra Deep Sea. Sure, she was still in a warzone and probably would be for a while yet, but she was still going to enjoy being able to breathe in the fresh sea breeze and bask in the sunshine after being stuck in an alien cave. Man, that place was weird. But Julia wasn't going to think about it if she didn't have to; she'd rather focus on where she was now.

[break][break]She knew it'd only be a matter of time before her next mission, so she was taking a breather and checking on her Pokémon. Spot sat at her side, his gaze mostly focused on the ocean. Julia knew it could be stressful for him to be around this many people at once, especially with emotions so heightened, so she was trying to make her examination quick.

[break][break]"Looking good, buddy!" she said proudly. "You're not hurting anywhere, right?"

[break][break]Spot looked at his trainer and shook his head. His eyes were halfway back to the sea when they suddenly snapped back toward the crowd. With a quiet "Hm?", Julia followed his gaze but didn't see anything out of the ordinary, just League members of all kinds going about their business and preparing for their missions. "Something wrong?" she asked.

[break][break]Spot squinted, seeming just as unsure as Julia. After a few seconds of this, he stood up, waved for Julia to follow him, and walked toward the crowd. Something was definitely up, but Julia had no idea what. She followed him toward someone in a low-ranking Ranger uniform. She looked at him again to see if she could discern what he was thinking, but his expression was still hard to read. No, it was more like even he didn't know what the deal was. Maybe asking the person of interest would shed some light on this situation.

[break][break]"Uh, hi there!" Julia's greeting, while chipper, was uncharacteristically uncertain. "Do you need help with something?"

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 10:20:12 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto could feel someone's gaze upon them - though they weren't wholly sure who's, at least... Not immediately. A chill up their spine - no doubt from Kuro - served as an alert however, as they paused to glance about... Just in time, to see a ranger and her lucario approach.

Great - they weren't sure what it was (was it the lucario?) - but something had drawn her attention to them. Though the expression on their disguise appeared simply inquisitive at the other's approach, beneath that mask they couldn't help a frown. If their cover got blown here, in the middle of the camp, things were sure to go south quickly.

Still, they had to be at least a little sociable to avoid too much suspicion. "Hello there - I'd say I wouldn't need any help, but well..." ... Perhaps this was an opportunity? Feigning a sheepish smile and putting on the most 'earnest but perhaps slightly spacey rookie' act they could, they continued "I've just arrived - and I was told to report to the person running this outpost when I got here, but I can't seem to find them. Do you know if there's a specific tent they're staying at, or where they might be? Just point me in the direction, and I'll be good."

If they could find the tent(s) that the higher-ups were working out of, surely some valuable documents could be found there, too.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 20:23:58 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Oh, so that was it! Julia was surprised that that was had Spot so worked up, especially with all these other people around, but she shrugged that off in favor of helping this rookie Ranger.

[break][break]"They're probably in the command tent," Julia said. "It's over this way!"

[break][break]Despite the rookie's saying they'd be fine with just being pointed in the right direction, Julia started leading the way to the command tent. She looked over at Spot, only to find him looking tensely in Makoto's direction.

[break][break]"What's wrong, Spot? Are all these people getting to you? Here, I can put you back in your Ball."

[break][break]Before she could grab it, though, Spot put a firm paw on her wrist and growled low in that "something is up" way. Confused, Julia looked around, but she couldn't find anything out of the ordinary, and it wasn't like Spot could just tell her what he was sensing.

[break][break]"Hey, did you see anything strange on your way in?" Julia asked Makoto. "Spot's acting kind of weird, and I dunno what's bugging him."

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 8:01:28 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Underneath the mask of the illusion, Makoto couldn't help a slight displeased twitch. People truly were just too nice for their own good sometimes - but perhaps once this young lady was done leading the way, she'd leave them be. "Thank you bunches," They'd mention despite this - putting on a smile and faux gratitude. "You're a timesaver."

But as the group walked, it seemed that something had the ranger's lucario agitated. As they glanced to him, they'd end up meeting his gaze - and it didn't take a pokemon whisperer, for them to realize that it was suspicious of them, just as they had worried. Though the illusion face displayed a general inquisitive expression, Makoto's eyes narrowed behind the mask - already considering potential escape plans.

Julia's voice, though, grabbed their attention - and their gaze snapped back to her. "Anything strange? I don't thiiiink so...?" They spoke out loud, putting on somewhat spacey airs as they feigned some deep thought. "Maybe a funny-looking pokemon or two, but I dunno what'd bug a lucario - I've never had one before." They soon responded, idly tapping their chin.

The sooner they could get away from that lucario, the better - though they couldn't think of any easy excuses at the moment... Best they could do was keep up the act, and hope Julia would leave them be, once the group reached the tent...
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 21:51:33 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"No problem!" Julia said, smiling right back.

[break][break]When Spot met Makoto's gaze, he tilted his head, expression mostly neutral but suspicion sparking in his eyes. Unlike Makoto, he wasn't well versed in hiding his emotions, mostly because he was so used to reading them off other people that masking them almost seemed pointless. When Makoto spoke again, saying they'd never owned a Lucario before, Spot couldn't glean whether that was the truth or not. It was almost like this rookie's aura was muffled, making it hard to read. Some people were so good at masking their emotions and intentions that even Spot struggled to discern what their auras meant, but this was something entirely different, and Spot couldn't figure out what it was.

[break][break]"Funny-looking how?" Julia asked, apparently oblivious to Spot's confusion. She wasn't sure if Makoto meant something like a Probopass, which did look kind of funny with their big noses and "nose hair," or something stranger that would give Spot bad vibes.

[break][break]Regardless, when they arrived at the tent, it was bustling with activity, people ducking in and out to give reports and receive orders. Julia thought the people in charge were impressive for being able to manage all this chaos. "This is it! Just make sure you—look out!"

[break][break]Someone came barrelling out of the tent in a panic, and Julia instinctively reached over to grab Makoto and pull them out of the way.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 20:57:44 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
And as Julia asked her question, Makoto would exaggerate a sigh. "Well, I don't know if it was anything actually strange, but like - I saw a Jigglypuff, right?" They began - prepared to bullshit to the nines. "But you know those lil tufts of hair on their head they usually have? This one had one that was so long! It was like it had a wig on, or well... Maybe it was a wig?" They feign a thoughtful-yet-absent blink, with this.

Allowing themself to follow their stream of consciousness, they'd smile over to Spot, musing "What do you think other pokemon would look like, if more of them got to wear wigs like us humans do? Don't you think they should get a chance to doll themselves up, too?" The mental image of a lucario with a wig was an amusing one, they had to admit.

Thankfully though, before Makoto would have to feel their braincells self-destructing from this ditzy-spacey act, they'd eventually reach the tent they had been looking for. It certainly looked like central command for this outpost, with how many people were bustling about - like busy combee for a vespiquen.

When someone nearly crashed into Makoto though, Julia would manage to grab their arm to pull them out of the way. Half-reflexively, they'd yank their arm free even as they stumbled - wide eyes suddenly locking onto Julia. Once, twice, they blinked - before unable to help a laugh. "Ahehehe, that scared me outta my skin." They'd attempt to play off their reflexive reaction, smiling to the ranger. "Thank you again!"

... Although, even for as elaborate as Kuro's illusion may be, they couldn't account for every detail. Such as - for instance - the sensation of a hoodie sleeve, when the illusion disguise's outfit had short sleeves...

Makoto, though, would attempt to continue playing it cool - not even immediately realizing this little detail that may tip Julia off. "I'll be good from here - just gotta wait until I get a chance to squeeze in, I think." They'd speak, glancing towards the entrance into the tent, as if waiting for a lull in the traffic.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 21:22:26 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"Ohhh, that kind of strange," Julia said. "I wonder if it was a wig..." She kind of wanted to search for this Jigglypuff now and see for herself.

[break][break]Spot tilted his head, looking like he had no idea how the heck to respond to that question. More importantly, though, his eyes flickered blue as he tried again to study Makoto's aura. It was still strangely muted, of course.

[break][break]"We did meet that one Beheeyem wearing a coat," Julia mused. "Oh, and Hideo's had those cool star sunglasses! Remember bundling up for the winter, too?"

[break][break]Spot's eyes dimmed back to their normal color as he looked at Julia with the most Please be serious for once look she'd seen on him in a while. It made Julia hesitate. She thought Spot was used to her antics by now; what had gotten into him?

[break][break]Julia looked just as wide-eyed in surprise when Makoto yanked their arm away. "Oh, sorry!" she said, smiling sheepishly. "I just didn't want you to get run over; I shouldn't have just grabbed you like that." Some people didn't like to be touched, especially by strangers, and that was completely understandable. There was something else that wasn't quite as understandable, but Julia remained silent on it for now.

[break][break]"Sure thing!" she said brightly. "Good luck, and be careful! C'mon, Spot."

[break][break]Once they were out of sight, Julia and Spot turned to each other at the same time. Spot's serious look was completely expected, but Julia's caught him a bit off guard. "Something's up with them, isn't there?" she whispered. "You've been staring at them the whole time with your aura sight, and there was something weird about their clothes, too."

[break][break]Spot tilted his head, beckoning for her to continue.

[break][break]"The uniforms are short-sleeved, right? But I could swear I felt fabric when I touched their arm, and it was heavier than the uniform usually feels."

[break][break]Spot's eyes narrowed a bit in thought. Muffled aura, different clothing texture than what was visible... It felt like the pieces of the puzzle were all there, but he couldn't quite fit them together.

[break][break]"Should we keep an eye on them?"

[break][break]Without hesitation, Spot nodded.

[break][break]"Okay. Let's hope it's not serious."

[break][break]The two snuck back toward the command tent, trying to blend in with the crowd until they were on the other side. Julia peeked out first, searching for any visible sign of Makoto. Usually, Spot would be tracking them by their aura, but he was already struggling in this chaotic crowd. He was getting so many treats and pets later for this.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 9:27:05 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Makoto was, for the most part, unawares of Julia's suspicions. They were sure the lucario sensed that something was afoot - but as far as they understood, the ranger didn't notice anything amiss, despite their prior concerns. Much as they spoke before, they would spend a short while watching the people moving in and out - looking for a pattern, just as much as they were waiting for a chance to slip in.

When a lull in the number of people entering and exiting soon arrived though, that was when they'd find their chance. Integrating themself with the flow of the others, they'd slip into the tent - attempting to blend in amongst the other people.

The tent was quite sizeable - and thus, the space inside was equally large. People moved from station to station, recieving or delivering orders and documents alike. Commanders were staged at desks to coordinate the flow of work and missions - and Makoto could spy that there were a couple unoccupied, no doubt from those who were out and about in one way or another.

Though there were a number of eyes, most of them were clearly focused upon other people or things - and thus, they felt confident in taking a bold action; casually walking by one of the desks, as if aiming to talk to a person at another desk... And snatching up some of the documents on the unoccupied desk, whereupon they'd disappear underneath the illusion as they stuffed the papers into their hoodie.

At a glance, it didn't seem like anyone noticed them - ... But perhaps Julia would like to prove them wrong?
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 18:54:03 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Just like Makoto had said, they waited for a lull in activity to slip into the tent.

[break][break]"Stay out here," Julia whispered to Spot. She waited a few moments before slipping inside, herself, making sure to stay around the edges of the crowd so she wouldn't be seen. Ah-ha, there was Makoto. They walked past one of the desks, as if making to talk to someone at a different one. It was hard to tell just what had happened between the illusion and the distance and people between them, but hadn't there been some papers on that desk?

[break][break]Suddenly, a swarm of people poured in, all talking over each other about something urgent that Julia couldn't quite make out. Dang it, she was stuck in the corner like this! And she couldn't ask these guys to move without announcing her presence! This was why she didn't do sneaky recon stuff! At least Spot was still outside. If Makoto slipped away while Julia was stuck like this, at least he could keep an eye on them.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 12:42:54 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Unawares of Julia's eyes on them, Makoto would glance about briefly - wondering what other marks they could rely upon. They almost wished they'd thought to bring Tsume out - he could've probably snatched a few things, too. But to let a pokemon out here would be too risky - even as a sudden influx of people began filling the air with chatter. So, they had to settle for what they managed to grab for now.

Thus, it was when a similar influx of people began to leave, that Makoto would move with the flow - departing the tent. Their eyes would scan their surroundings once more - only to catch a glimpse of blue and black. That young woman's Lucario was still out here. And as their eyes briefly met his own, they realized they were being watched.

It was time to leave.

Offering the fighting-type a smile and wave to avoid appearing suspicious, they'd begin moving - making a point to head in the opposite direction of Spot, looking to exit the outpost as soon as possible so that they could shed the act.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 20:41:38 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

One good thing about this sudden influx of people was that they helped hide Julia's presence. Unfortunately, that also meant that Makoto was being blocked by this mass of frantic people.

[break][break]Oh, the heck with it. When had Julia ever been the sneaky type, anyway?

[break][break]"Excuse me!" she shouted over the din. "Sorry, 'scuse me, coming through!"

[break][break]Though a couple of folks were disgruntled over being interrupted, most of them shifted just enough to make a path for Julia to squeeze through. She looked around the tent, but there was no sign of Makoto. Had they left already? She emerged from the tent and immediately found Spot, who'd attempted to look cordial by offering a nod to Makoto before they'd departed.

[break][break]"Did you see which way they went?" Julia asked.

[break][break]Spot pointed with a paw in the direction Makoto had gone.

[break][break]"All right, let's go. I think I saw them take some papers from in there."

[break][break]Spot's mouth curled into an I-freaking-knew-it scowl. The two hurried through the hustle and bustle of the outpost, Julia not trying to hide her presence this time as she shouted "Excuse me!" and "Sorry!" when she had to push past people.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 21:21:17 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Distant shouts from back the way they came could be heard, even if only vaguely, over the din of people talking amongst one another - and Makoto frowned beneath their illusory mask. This woman - and her lucario - were more persistent than they had initially thought, and there was likely to be no hiding from an aura-sensitive pokemon like Spot unless they could get far enough away.

So, they'd keep moving - out towards the edge of the outpost, beyond the attentions of most of those within the encampment. The voices of other people were but distant whispers out here, and noone would think much of them letting out a pokemon. It was just common sense, to have at least one of your buddies readied when heading out into dangerous territory, right?

Thus, out came Tsume the Zoroark - the fox making a questioning rumble in their direction, to which Makoto nodded. "I found some documents - but we're being tailed. Let's move." They spoke - to which Tsume nodded in response.

Wasting no time, the zoroark would scoop Makoto up in his arms - and going straight into a sprint, he'd attempt to move as far away from the outpost as quickly as he could, in hopes of avoiding being spotted by whoever it was that Makoto spoke of...
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 19:01:37 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Poor Spot was having a time of it, trying to keep track of a single, muffled aura in this sea of people. Julia squeezed the underside of his paw, avoiding the spike sticking out the back. "You're doing great, buddy," she said. "Just a little more." She thought she heard a determined growl in his throat, but it was hard to tell with all this activity.

[break][break]Finally, the crowd began to thin as they reached the outskirts of the outpost. Julia didn't see any sign of that suspicious Ranger, though. Shoot, had they gotten away?

[break][break]Spot barked and pointed a paw at a dark shape sprinting off. That must have been them!

[break][break]"Good job, Spot," Julia quickly said before returning him to his Ball and sending out her trusty Dodrio. "Chester, let's ride! After that shadow!"

[break][break]Chester wasn't quite sure what was going on, but it sounded urgent, so he wasted no time in kneeling down so Julia could mount up. As soon as she was in place, he stood up and began to sprint after the Zoroark, leaving deep footprints with every powerful step.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
578 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 1:16:27 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
At first, Makoto felt comfortable relaxing in Tsume's arms, eyes on the road ahaed. As far as they could see, it seemed as though they were home free to return to one of the Rocket outposts, and to deliver the stolen intel to someone who could put it to good use.

But, the distant sound of a fast-approaching pokemon would catch Tsume's attention; and the zoroark, in response, would make a snarl - warning Makoto of the enemy, and warning Chester to back off now.

Makoto, glancing over Tsume's shoulder, would see Julia and her dodrio - and their expression became a displeased scowl. This ranger was more persistent than they realized - she was sure to pose a problem."... Night Daze."

And at their direction, Tsume would reach out behind him - firing off a dark shockwave with a paw, so as to try and fend off the ostrich, or otherwise reduce Chester's visibility.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights