July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Catching Up [Postdorm Comms]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 16:57:07 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia's eyes widened for a moment at El's story of how they ended up in the Ultra Deep Sea. It was a good thing Blackjack had been there! He really did have a knack for showing up in unexpected places...

[break][break]And for using his Rocket persona to test people.

[break][break]"That sounds like Blackjack, all right," she said with a bittersweet smile. It sounded like it went well with El, but Julia was reminded of the incident with . Seeing that headline before learning the truth of that situation had been rough.

[break][break]She was going to have to have a talk with Isaac about being a good person, from the sound of it. Right after she thanked him for keeping El safe.

[break][break]"I think he's good, too," Julia said. "I think if he left Rocket, he could do great things for people. It's just... complicated, I guess."

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 17:42:44 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El can't help a gentle chuckle and nod as Julia confirmed that it sounded like Blackjack. Though, the bittersweet smile had them blink - briefly studying her expression, as if hoping to see what the bitter part of the bittersweet was coming from. Was everything alright?

She'd continue speaking before they had a chance to ask about it, though - and the musings over Blackjack and him leaving Rocket had El thinking, too. "Yeah - he... He seems like he cares a lot about people, even if he doesn't like everything going on." They spoke in agreement, their expression thoughtful as they gazed on ahead.

Which, it didn't take long for them to express those thoughts in the form of a question. "... Do you... Know why he stays?" They asked - glancing to Julia once more. "I've... I know that Rocket doesn't exactly like it when people leave," Understatement of the century, not that they wanted to say 'yeah they try to kill traitors', "But... He's strong - stronger than I am - and he seems like the sort of person that could find friends among us, right?"

He had pokemon who could back him up, he seemed a lot more 'in-the-know' than they were, and he cared about others enough that there were probably people who could lend a hand back to him. Surely, there were other reasons besides just fear of retribution, right?
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 15:59:26 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"Yeah," Julia agreed. Isaac really did care about other people, and that set him apart from a lot of other Rockets.

Julia thought about El's question for way longer than she usually thought about anything. The silence stretched on for what felt like ages, and the pounding of Chester's feet in the dirt and the wind whipping past them only amplified it. How much could she tell El without giving anything critical away?

[break][break]"I think..." she finally started, slowly, "he's got people he cares about in Rocket. And he wants to stay for them. I wish they could all just leave, but I guess it's not that easy. Like you said, Rocket's proooooobably not a fan of letting people leave." Yeah, these two were masters of understatements, but that didn't stop Julia from smiling at a different thought. "You're right that he'd have friends with us, though."

[break][break]They were quickly coming up on the entrance to Granite Cave. "Watch your head! I dunno how much room we're gonna have to maneuver in here."

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 20:35:24 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Much like Julia took time to mull over the question that El had posed, they in turn would take some time to mull over the answer given.

As the entrance to Granite Cave came along though, Akero would change formation - following behind Chester, rather than alongside him, so that they both had room to maneuver as necessary. To fly through a tunnel like this was a bit tricky - and to someone less experienced, probably would look daunting. But practice, as well as a bit of trial-by-fire in situations such as the Silph Cup from awhile back, helped the Togekiss in avoiding clipping against the walls or ceiling.

Meanwhile though, El would soon find the words that they wanted to speak - posing another question to Julia in the process. "I... don't like usually getting into pokemon battles or fights. I don't want anyone to get hurt - but... I - uhm - don't want to just sit by doing nothing, if someone needs help, either." They spoke, glancing to Julia and the path ahead. "But I also don't feel like I'll... Get any better - I suppose - if I don't battle, though."

"Do you... Think that I could still be strong, like Blackjack is?" They asked. "It sounds like he- he does a lot, and..." For a moment, their thoughts drifted to that of - their childhood, spent always looking up to and admiring him. Of course, admiring a Rocket member probably wasn't the best idea nine times out of ten, but... Blackjack felt different. He was different.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 19:34:46 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia glanced back to check on El once they were in the tunnels and saw that Akero was masterfully avoiding hitting any of the rocks. That race training had really paid off!

[break][break]It took a few moments for El to start speaking again, their words slow and uncertain.

[break][break]"Being strong is more than just being good at Pokémon battles," Julia said. "Heck, I think what you did to help that little girl find her Zigzagoon was really strong of you! You dove right into the danger zone and came out the other side okay." She looked away, ostensibly to focus on the path ahead. "But sometimes, you've gotta battle. It sucks, but sometimes, you just run into a bad person who doesn't wanna play nice."

[break][break]Two League officials flagged Julia and El down once they'd reached a lit crossroads. "What are you two doing down here?" one of them asked. He sounded like he was trying to keep his voice light in the company of two friendly faces, but there was a wary edge to it.

[break][break]"We've got a message to deliver," Julia said. She held up the sealed envelope, letting the other official inspect it. "Which way to the outpost in here?"

[break][break]Apparently satisfied with Julia's explanation, the other official nodded and said, "Just head through there and take the tunnel to the left. Stay safe."

[break][break]"Thanks! You, too!" Julia turned back to El. "Let's go!"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 12:05:36 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Julia's words are met with a surprised little blink - but after a moment, El can't help a soft, gentle smile as they glance down at their own hands, gripping Akero's reins. "... Yeah, I guess you're right." They speak - their voice as soft as their smile, but nonetheless thankful. "I suppose... I just kind of want to be someone who others can feel safe around. Someone who can be looked up to, like..."

They pause for a second - as if considering their words - before concluding "... Like how I look up to my brother, maybe."

had always been so free, so confident, so cool... They had always felt that he was the stronger one, in will and body alike - he was always there to stand up for them and protect them. Perhaps, if he had been better accepted by Dad, then he would've been able to succeed in where they failed - and everyone would've been all the happier for it. He liked things like pokemon battles more than they ever would, after all.

The duo were flagged down by a couple of officials - although the stop didn't last long, before they were off again. At Julia's call, El nodded back - gently nudging Akero back into motion, to which the togekiss made an eager whistle!
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 19:14:08 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Once they were back on the road again, Julia asked, "What's your brother like?" She couldn't remember if El had mentioned having a brother before, but that didn't really matter now. Julia didn't have any siblings, so she didn't have anyone to look up to or be a mentor for in that regard. Well, there was , and she'd taken El under her wing, too, but she figured that wasn't quite the same.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 20:04:15 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Perhaps they should've expected the question about what their brother was like, though it still took them off guard for a brief moment. For few long moments, El fell silent as they mulled over an answer - mouth opening and closing a couple of times - until...

"He... His name's Isaac," They finally spoke - unable to help but feel a little sheepish, for their mind wanting to beat around the bush so badly. "He's my older brother - and uhm... He's always been great, y'know?" There's a hue of melancholic longing, but they're quick to cover it up with a smile as they continue "He's always looked out for me when we were little - always stood up for me, encouraged me... And it was always fun, just sneaking out of the house with him so that the three of us - me, him, and his buddy Watson - could go on little adventures around or near town."

"Isaac likes to say I'm smart - but I think he's clever. He'd always have crazy ideas that just sort of, worked out in his favor. And he's always - uhm - been a little more confident than I am, I think." Briefly, they fidget with the reins. "Definitely stronger, too - I could run and climb a bunch, before I hurt my leg - but he'd always win whenever we tried to arm wrestle over the silliest things."

"When I was pretty little, I uh... I liked playing videogames a ton even then, but there was one game I got stuck on, cause the boss kinda spooked me." Their cheeks flushed a bit with this, but they still smiled at Julia as they continued "I don't even really remember why it scared me as a little kid. But Isaac, he sat down next to me while I played, and just... Cheered me on, and encouraged me, until I beat it..."

So many fond memories, it felt nostalgic in a way that just left them with a sense of longing... Where was Isaac, in the great blue expanse that Hoenn was, they wondered...?
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:27:43 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

This time, it was El's turn to go quiet as they mulled over the question posed to them. Julia glanced back at them; even she found it weird that they were hesitating on this question. This was someone they looked up to, so it shouldn't have been that tough to tell her what he was like, right? At last, El answered.

[break][break]Huh, what a funny coincidence; El's brother was named Isaac, too, like Blackjack! And he also had a buddy named... Watson. Huh.

[break][break]Either way, El really did look up to him. They talked about all the things the two had done together as kids and how they thought he was clever and strong, all with a smile that sometimes flickered into something more melancholic. A possibility began to swirl in Julia's head, but she refused to speak it aloud. Surely, it just had to be a coincidence. A really weirdly specific coincidence.

[break][break]"He sounds like a great guy," Julia said instead. "What's he doing now?" It was the best way she could probe at El's wistful tone without sounding worried.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:44:20 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
"He is," El agreed with a soft laugh, even if it too was tinged with that melancholy they tried (and failed) to hide.

The probing question, though, would visibly catch El off guard - the grip on Akero's reins tightening. And picking up on the sudden shift in emotions, the togekiss would make a gentle coo in their direction, trilling melodically - as if trying to make a little tune, to cheer them up.

They tried to avoid remaining quiet for long, however - and forcing a smile to their face, they'd respond "I'm, uhm, sure he's probably winding down after adventuring around, y'know?" It's pretty clear to see that El is bullshitting - they are a terrible liar. But then again, well, it was starting to get late, so the explanation they gave wasn't completely implausible, either.

But the truth was, who knew? All they knew was that Isaac was out here in Hoenn somewhere, after all - that he had won a race, the year before, and that he's friends with Josh - but not much else beyond that.
MP Tally:
- Mission Participation (50 MP)
- Mission Completion (100 MP)
- Mission Win (200 MP)
- x13 Posts (130 MP)
- Assisted (10 MP)
Total: 490 MP
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 18:38:43 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

There it was again, that tinge of sadness behind El's soft laugh. The way they gripped Akero's reins was a much more obvious sign that maybe Julia had asked the wrong question. But how else was she supposed to word it without directly asking if, say, something bad had happened? The answer that El gave was pretty vague. Julia was pretty sure there was more to it, but before she could figure out a way to ask about it, they'd arrived at the outpost. Again, they were approached by an official standing guard.

[break][break]"What brings you here?" This guy seemed a lot friendlier than the last two, but his eyes were still sharp and alert.

[break][break]"We have a message for the commander," Julia said. "We've got specific instructions to make sure only they see it." She held out the envelope for inspection.

[break][break]Satisfied, the guard nodded. "She's at the makeshift desk in the back, behind the privacy curtains. Make it quick; we've got a lot going on down here."

[break][break]"We will, thanks!"

[break][break]Julia hopped off Chester's back and returned him to his Poké Ball so she could more easily navigate between all the people in this tighter space. She took a deep breath and tried to focus on the people, not the stone walls of the cavern itself. What had she been trying to figure out a minute ago...?

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 6:25:37 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
In the silence that rolled in, El couldn't help but fall silent as well. The lack of a response didn't ease them - rather, it almost did the opposite, leaving them wondering if they said something wrong or if she didn't believe them. The only thing they could take comfort in was the feeling of Akero's feathers beneath their fingers - his gentle coos and whistles, as he allowed himself to rock side-to-side to try and help soothe El.

It didn't take long at all though, for them to reach the outpost. Whilst Julia handled the talking though, El would unstrap themself to get down from Akero's back - "You did great, get some rest." - and recall the togekiss.

And with everything handled, El followed Julia in wading through the people - moving at a careful pace, trying to avoid bumping into anyone.

It was a hustle and bustle that they were unused to, though - made especially awkward by their usual gait with their cane. When they found that they were falling behind from Julia's more practiced navigation, they'd reach out a hand towards her. "W-wait," They half-called half-murmured, attempting to grasp for her wrist. "It's-..." They trailed off for a second, taking in a breath. "S-sorry, it's... Kinda hard, shuffling past everyone like this..."

Bibidi - having taken to floating above the duo - would reach down to pat El on the head, in a reassuring gesture. She wouldn't have let them lose Julia in the crowd - though perhaps the talk of Isaac had made them a little nervous.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 19:18:11 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia didn't seem to notice El's reaction to her lack of response, too absorbed in finishing this mission now. She stopped and turned at El's half-call and let them wrap a hand around her wrist. Her eyes rounded a bit as she realized her mistake. She was so used to just powering through her own disability that she hadn't even considered that El might not be able to do the same!

[break][break]"Sorry, I'll slow down some," she said with an apologetic smile. "I'm not going anywhere, promise." After all, she knew what it felt like to be left behind because of a physical impairment...

[break][break]True to her word, she took it slower through the crowd, occasionally politely calling out for people to move out of the way so they could get through. El could even continue holding onto her wrist, if they wanted. Finally, they made it to the privacy curtains in the back. Julia could hear a woman's voice giving curt orders to other League officials shuffling in and out. It seemed they'd need to wait a moment to get inside.

[break][break]"Oh, right!" Julia suddenly said. "What kinds of adventures does Isaac go on?"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 11:21:13 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El smiled gratefully up to Julia, at the reassurance. "It's okay - this is just.. Different, from what I'm used to." They responded - letting go of her wrist, to instead scratch at their cheek somewhat sheepishly. It was different from say, Lavaridge or Fortree, in terms of how many people tended to fill the streets.

But this time around, Julia was far more mindful of their speed - allowing for the duo to stick together as they both wound between the crowds. It didn't take long to reach a set of privacy curtains, and El quietly watched the flow of the people moving in and out. It seemed like the two of them would need to wait for an opening, before they'd be able to step in...

... Which, led to more chitchat. Namely, in Julia asking about the adventures that went on. At this, El blinked a bit - glancing to Julia with surprise, before their gaze dropped down towards their sneakers. "Well, uhm..." The hand gripping their cane began to fidget, tapping along the handle.

What do they answer with that? It wasn't like they could just pull an answer out of nowhere - but they weren't wholly sure what sort of stuff he was doing, besides... "Oh, uhm-! He does racing, on an occasion." They spoke, the response coming as suddenly as the thought prompting it that had occurred to them. That was right - he had won the Silph Cup the year before the most recent one. So, it probably stood to reason that he did some racing from time to time, right?

"He had won a really big one - it was pretty cool, seeing that in sports magazines!" They'd add, smiling mostly-genuinely. "It's... kinda why I wanted to try racing, too, during this year." But of course, Isaac didn't show up then, as far as they could tell...

Eager to change the subject though, they'd add "I've - uh - been thinking about actually challenging 's gym, by the way. I don't really like traditional pokemon battles, but... A lot of the gyms like his offer other challenges, so maybe I could see how many badges I can get that way?" Glancing over to Julia, they'd ask "What do you think?"

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 19:28:13 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

El hesitated at Julia's question, and she could only guess why. Eventually, though, they answered that Isaac did racing, on occasion. The fact that he'd won a major race was further proof that it was the Isaac that Julia knew.

[break][break]"You mean last year's Silph Cup?" she asked. "I was in that one! He did an awesome job with Buffaloman. I wonder why he didn't sign up for this year's..." She knew he had at least one flying mount, so that couldn't have been the reason. She'd have to ask sometime.

[break][break]You know, now that she thought about it, it was kind of weird that she knew both of these siblings but had never seen them together. But then she remembered one very important detail: Isaac was in Rocket. It was easy to forget that sometimes, with how un-Rocket-like he was. She vaguely recalled something about the worst 18 years of his life being in Lavaridge and how he'd been a drifter before ending up with Rocket, too. There was something more to this story, and Julia had no idea what to make of it.

[break][break]El seemed eager to change the subject and brought up their idea of challenging the Mauville Gym. "That's a great idea!" she said. "You've already got racing experience, so you'll do great."

[break][break]Bingo, there was the opening they needed! This time, Julia made sure El didn't get left behind when she slipped behind the curtains, where the commander sat behind a desk, tired eyes looking down at some paperwork.

[break][break]"State your business," she said, only giving the two Rangers a glance.

[break][break]"We have a message from Dewford," Julia said, holding out the envelope. "They said it was important that only you see it."

[break][break]The commander sighed as she took the envelope. "This had better actually be important... Dismissed."

[break][break]Ouch, not even a thank you?