They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
Catching Up [Postdorm Comms]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 19:55:46 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Being out and about was tough work, El quickly found. It was one thing to be constantly on the move, helping ferry around missives or supplies, and also looking for people who needed rescuing for one reason or another. But it also was another thing, to have to deal with the occasional encounters with Rocket members - particularly the more aggressive sorts.

As always, they disliked getting into fights with other people - it was just needless hurt for their pokemon, after all - but sometimes, you just couldn't avoid it. For one reason or another, you had to stand your ground and fight back - which, of course, meant wear and tear for their team.

Which was what brought them to this base camp just outside of Dewford - seated in a medical tent. On their lap, Yggy was curled up - idly gnawing on a rock, as they spritzed some Potion onto a scrape she got, on one of her legs. "There you go, Yggy - that should make it all better, right?" They cooed gently - and when the turtwig responded with a happy squeak, they couldn't help but laugh.

Sure, the fights and the danger out there were stressful... But it was hard to stay down for long, with their pokemon at their side.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 22:09:33 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

As much as Julia tried to keep up her usual cheerful, energetic attitude, today was starting to wear on even her. She wiped some sweat from her brow as she ducked into the medical tent, resisting the urge to sigh in relief at being somewhere so safe. There was still more to the day, and Julia had a feeling she'd need to keep her spirits high if she wanted to make it. Good thing she was so good at that!

[break][break]A happy squeak greeted her as she entered, and a Blissey wearing a nurse's hat walked up to her. "Hey, Joy," Julia said, scratching her behind the curls on one side of her head. "Been keeping everyone healthy?" Joy squeaked again with a nod. It was clear she'd been hard at work, but she was more than happy to be helping like this. Seeing that made it even easier for Julia to ignore her own fatigue.

[break][break]Joy was one of Julia's Pokémon, but she wasn't currently part of the active team. Instead, she was offering her services to anyone in need here at the League base just outside Dewford. The medical tent suited her much better than the battlefield, Julia thought.

[break][break]Her Blissey wasn't the only familiar face here, though. "El? Hey! What are—?" No, that was a silly question. "How are you holding up?" They were still pretty new to Ranger work, after all, so being out on the battlefield like this must have been rough for them.

[break][break]She sent out Sparkie, and Joy immediately got to work looking the Alolan Raichu over. Her injuries were minor, fortunately, something Julia could take care of with some Potions.

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 9:52:47 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
A familiar voice would have El blink - and glancing up, they'd be met with an equally familiar sight! "Oh- Julia!" El chirped, unable to help a warm smile. Even if they were acquaintances, El still found the senior Ranger's presence to be a plenty welcome one. "I'm holding up alright - just patching up a few scrapes Yggy got, and giving everyone a chance to rest and relax." They'd explain - gently scritching the turtwig under the chin.

Indeed, glancing off to the side, once could see that El's other pokemon were mingling amongst themselves - Psyche flitting about, Behemoth doing some stretches, Sobek seeming to be singing, and Bibidi seeming to be in calm meditation. Akero was the only one who was particularly up and about - lending a hand (or perhaps a wing) to the medics in the tent.

Though, upon noticing Julia's presence, Bibidi would open her eyes to glance to the other ranger - and brushed against her mind with a content feeling, in a gentle greeting.

Yggy, too, was eager to greet Julia; the turtwig dropped the rock she was chewing on, and hopped down from El's lap to run a circle around her legs - squeaking excitedly all the whilst!

El couldn't help a laugh at the endearing sight - and glancing up to Julia, they mentioned "Everyone's in a pretty good mood right now." Though, glancing towards Sparkie, El added in question "How're you and your pokemon doing, by the way? Have they been holding up?"
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 20:23:05 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Seeing El's team lounging around immediately made Julia want to let out all of her Pokémon at once, but she managed to stop herself. Some of the larger members like Lazuli would probably be a bit too much for the tent, so for now, she settled with sending out Momo and Spot. Bibidi's psychic greeting was like a little tickle in Julia's mind that, combined with Yggy's excited circles around her legs, was enough to make her giggle.

[break][break]"It's good to see you guys, too," she said, reaching down to try to scratch the excited Turtwig. "We've been in a few fights, but it's nothing we can't handle. Right, Sparkie?"

[break][break]At first, Sparkie was too caught up in Joy's checkup to take much notice of the people and Pokémon around her (and she was usually the type to keep to herself and her teammates, anyway), but when Julia called her name, she twitched her ears, looked up, and squeaked with a reassuring smile. The Alolan Raichu seemed surprised to see El in here, but she offered them a closed-eyed smile of greeting.

[break][break]"I figured it'd be a good idea to get everyone checked on and rested up before we headed out again." Already, Julia could feel her spirits rising, carrying away her fatigue. "How long have you guys been out here?"

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 7:32:02 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The scritches were plenty welcome - Yggy happily tilting her head into the touch, before giving Julia's hand a playful little nip.

El, meanwhile, smiled gently at the response given, mentioning "I'm glad you're all doing ok," It seemed like Julia and her own pokemon were in good spirits, too. Though, the mention of fighting did bring out a hue of sympathy. Ideally, they'd like if it nobody had to fight - it felt like there was a lot of needless hurt happening out here. But, well, that wasn't wholly realistic either, was it?

At the very least though, everyone was happy to see one another. As Sparky smiled to them, El would smile and wave in response.

Though, then came the question of how long El had been here for - and well, they couldn't help a sheepish smile. "In the outpost, or - uhm - in general?" They asked rhetorically, mentioning "I've been at it, well, since the beginning? Was in Dewford when everything started, and when people started evacuating, well... I decided to stay and help." What sort of ranger would they be - even if still a rookie - if they didn't stick around and offer a hand to those in need? "But uhm - I got here relatively recently. Just been resting up and making sure everyone's in good shape."

And indeed, close inspection could show where a couple of El's pokemon - particularly fighty ones like Yggy or Behemoth - had recieved a bit of medical attention for the bumps and scrapes from fights. But otherwise, spirits were high! In fact - "I think we're just about ready to head back out, if the others feel ready."
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 21:50:18 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Yggy's little nip made Julia laugh again. "I'm glad to see you guys are doing good, too!"

[break][break]She looked surprised to see that El had been around since this whole thing had started, but that look quickly gave way to a proud smile. "That's awesome! You're already shaping up to be a great Ranger."

[break][break]Maybe she should have been concerned about someone as inexperienced as El on the battlefield, but that thought was hardly even a flicker in her mind. She was just glad to see so many good people from the League stepping in to help.

[break][break]"I had to get shipped in from Fortree, so I got here a bit later than you, I guess. It's been crazy from the get-go, though. I'm glad we've got a chance to rest and recover." In fact, it looked like El and their Pokémon were all ready to go again! "I've still gotta get my team checked out, but we should be ready to head out pretty soon, too. What are you planning to do next?"

[break][break]One by one, Joy checked on Julia's other Pokémon, sometimes prompting the Ranger to use a Potion on a certain spot. Pokémon like Spot, Chester, and Snaily, who got up close and personal with the enemy (and, in Snaily's case, often took hits for her teammates), needed more attention than the rest, but all of them got care and praise for their hard work. Emboldened by their trainer's encouragement, even the timid Sparkie and melancholic Snaily looked ready for more.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 21:38:46 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The praise - especially from someone that El looked up to as a sort of role model - brought a light flush on the young ranger's cheeks, as they chuckled sheepishly. "I'm just, uhm, doing what feels right, y'know?" They responded modestly - and it was more or less the truth. They weren't following any guidelines, besides the ones in their heart, really.

As Julia tended to her own pokemon though, Akero was sure to lend a helping hand - sprinkling some Life Dew on each of her pokemon, to help perk them up. All the whilst, the togekiss made a happy whistle - clearly enjoying Julia's presence. Though he might prefer El's positive vibes, Julia's own vibes were cozy, too!

When Julia asked what El was planning to do, they'd mull it over for a moment, before... "... Good question?" They ultimately responded, making another sheepish laugh. "I uh, have mostly been just wandering, looking for people who need help. Civillians who got lost, hurt pokemon caught up in the chaos, that sort of thing, yknow?" And though they wouldn't say it, they weren't against patching up an injured Rocket member if they ran into one. Everyone was human, in the end - and they hoped that maybe a little kindness would go a long way.

Idly, they'd nudge down the compression sock around their bad leg - carefully massaging their knee. "I've been doing the occasional odd job for outposts too? Ferrying supplies 'n stuff." They added, glancing up to Julia. "If you got anything that needs doing, I'm - well - happy to help!"

As if to emphasize this point, Akero would chirrup melodically, and Behemoth snorted and flexed - clearly wanting to show off in front of Julia's other pokemon, despite his small size.
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 22:07:45 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"That's what a good Ranger does!" Julia chirped. That was what she thought, at least. Sure, there were rules and regulations and—ugh—apparently politics, but at their core, the Rangers were supposed to help people, Pokémon, and the world around them. Anyone with a genuine desire to do that was a good Ranger in Julia's books, regardless of anything else.

[break][break]She nodded as El explained what they'd been doing all day, looking proud of her junior. "I've heard it gets pretty crazy in the Ultra Deep Sea, so I'm glad there are people looking out for others."

[break][break]Julia, too, would be the type to lend her aid to a Rocket in need. Enemies or not, they were still people. A certain someone she knew was living proof of that. It was a shame she had to keep that a secret.

[break][break]"Yeah, that's a lot of what I've been doing, too. It's not just battles; someone's gotta make sure everyone's got food and medicine and stuff. And I guess that someone is us!" Of course, even simple supply runs could have their share of trouble. Julia's injured Pokémon, one of whom was getting a soothing Heal Pulse from Joy, were proof of that.

[break][break]She beamed at Behemoth's flex, and Chester's middle head let out an approving wark before he was recalled to make room for Lazuli. The Lapras took up a lot of room in the tent, but luckily, her injuries were minimal, so she just needed a quick look-over.

[break][break]"I think we're about done," Julia said, reaching up to stroke Lazuli's neck. "What about you guys? Ready to head out again?"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 10:03:33 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The mention of things getting crazy in Deep Sea would have El nodding in agreement - although... It reminded them of something, to say the least. Namely, of their encounter with a disguised , when they had fallen into a rift by accident. Blackjack - not long before he had left - had mentioned Julia by name...

... What did she know of him, they wondered? Quietly, they'd watch as she and her pokemon tended to one another - Akero happy to pitch in with plenty of Life Dews all the whilst. But, they'd admittedly be a little bit in their own world as they pondered that question...

At least, until Julia suddenly spoke up to address them again. Blinking, they'd snap to attention as it took a second for them to process what she asked. But before long, they'd smile and nod. "Yeah - we're ready to go," They'd confirm - fixing their compression sock, grabbing their cane, and pushing back up onto their feet.

"Alright everyone," They called - glancing over to their own pokemon. "Let's get going!" With this, their pokemon would return to their balls one by one - save for Bibidi, who remained out and at their side.

Glancing over to Julia once more though, they'd think for a moment, before asking "Hey - uhm... Could I join you for a bit? There's something that I, uh, wanted to ask..." If there was any time, now seemed like the best chance to talk to her privately...
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 18:55:03 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Julia looked a bit confused when El didn't answer at first, but she chalked that up to them just getting distracted or something. She recalled her own Pokémon and waited for El to follow her outside.

[break][break]When they asked if they could join her, she said, "Yeah, of course! What's up?"

[break][break]Before El could answer what was up, a frazzled-looking man in a high-ranking uniform jogged over to them. "Do either of you two have an assignment yet?"

[break][break]"We just healed up, so nope!" Julia answered.

[break][break]"I need someone to deliver a message to the Granite Cave outpost," the man said, holding out a sealed envelope. "Make sure nobody but their commander sees it. Can you do that?"

[break][break]"Sure!" Julia took the envelope and slipped it into her pack. "You up for it, El?"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 11:40:13 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The opportunity was there to talk to Julia - although, a higher ranked Ranger would suddenly show up with a request. Namely, a job for them to deliver some correspondence to another outpost. As Julia asked if they were up for it, El would nod. "Of course!" They'd respond - ready to prove themself to their peers.

Thus, they'd consider their options for a moment. "Akero is, uhm, pretty fast - and I think she could keep up with your Dodrio, if he's able to carry you?" They'd mention to Julia - adding "It'd make the trip pretty quick, that way, I think."

If riding pokemon were indeed an option, they'd waste no time in sending the togekiss back out. But either way, they were ready to head out - exiting the outpost with Julia, with Bibidi following close behind...
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 20:14:29 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

To El, this was an opportunity to prove themself. To Julia, it was an opportunity to do something good alongside a friend.

[break][break]"Awesome!"

[break][break]El suggested the two ride on their Pokémon's backs to make this quicker. "Oh, good idea!" She released Chester from his Poké Ball, allowing him to stretch his legs and necks. "Hey, buddy, you feeling good enough to carry me for a bit?"

[break][break]The three heads silently consulted each other for a moment before nodding in unison. Even the left one, usually the most cautious of the trio, didn't seem worried.

[break][break]"All right, that's the spirit!" Once she was mounted up, she scratched each of Chester's three heads before she and El headed out on their Pokémon.

[break][break]"Hey, did you say you wanted to ask me something?" Julia asked as they traveled along the road.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 20:59:57 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
To ride alongside a land pokemon with one's flying pokemon was interesting - but it was something that Akero proved to do well at, given his usual mobility through the air. El couldn't help but admire Chester initially though, their curiosity and inquisitiveness when meeting pokemon ever-present. What was it like, having three heads, they wondered? Did a Dodrio experience it in the same way as say, a Dugtrio, or a Hydreigon?

Julia soon spoke up though, inquiring about what El wanted to ask about - and... "Oh! Right, well... It's about another person I ran into, and - uhm..." It took a second for them to figure out how they wanted to phrase it - pausing at points to consider the question. But nonetheless, they'd continue - asking "Do you... know a Blackjack? Wearing a black skull mask?"

Glancing over to Julia, they'd continue "I ran into him, in Ultra Deep Sea - and... He mentioned you, at one point. And I was wondering what you knew about him."

They weren't too sure what sort of answer they'd expect. Rocket and League, they were enemies - but it seemed as though Blackjack had thought well of her. So perhaps the feeling was mutual? Otherwise, maybe she'd be able to provide a bit of perspective about him - or be able to clarify a bit about who he was, as a person...
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 18:18:06 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Chester's left head looked over and tilted curiously as El watched him. His stride didn't slow down one bit, thanks to the other two heads' being able to stay focused on the road ahead.

[break][break]Julia was kind of glad that she wasn't doing the running, because she might have paused mid-stride in surprise. In the back of her mind, she'd been expecting to hear that name come up out here. After all, it was a battle between the League and Team Rocket, and Isaac—Blackjack—had a knack for showing up in all kinds of unexpected places. This, though, was a different kind of unexpected.

[break][break]"You met Blackjack? And he mentioned me?" She chased off her surprise with a giggle. "Wait, duh, you're the one asking the questions."

[break][break]She'd have to be careful here. Keeping Blackjack's identity as a secret was of utmost importance, and her usual habit of speaking before thinking wouldn't help there.

[break][break]"Hmm... We've run into each other a few times," she said after maybe a bit too much thinking. "The first time, I was trying to bust what I thought was bomb smuggling, but it turned out he just wanted to get fireworks for someone. He could have just bought them at a shop instead of being all shady about it, buuuuuut that's not really the important part! The important part is that he wasn't gonna hurt anyone. He even made sure I was okay before he rode off."

[break][break]The memory brought a warm, nostalgic smile to Julia's lips and a dusting of pink to her cheeks. That had been one of the first signs that Isaac—Blackjack—was a good person in a bad situation. Huh, who had those fireworks been for, again? She couldn't quite remember.

[break][break]"And then he actually helped me stop some poachers from poisoning the water! Teeeechnically, it was on Rocket turf, but he could have chased me off and just let those guys do their thing. Instead, he helped me round them up and get them back into League territory so they could be arrested." This time, the memory made her frown. "I learned a lot about Rocket that day. How they take in people down on their luck and turn them into monsters for their own benefit. I... realized that Blackjack was one of them."

[break][break]Phew, that was close. Good thing the first syllable of Isaac's name was so easy to cover up!

[break][break]"Not a monster, I mean! Just a guy in a bad spot who felt like he had nowhere else to go.

[break][break]"Anyway, the third time we met, there was a riot in Mauville over the League's plan for Meteno." Man, that felt like a lifetime ago now. "He was sort of leading them, but he also tried to stop people from getting hurt. Including the officers on the other side."

[break][break]Julia's story stopped short there. After all, that had been the day Blackjack's mask had come off.

[break][break]"So what happened with you? When you met him, I mean?" Julia asked instead.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 19:37:23 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
So Julia and Blackjack did know each other... And from the sounds of things, the two had a good bit of history - having met one another a good few times by now. With each story offered, El would nod - listening closely, curiously, to each tale she'd regale them with. Even early on, it sounded as though Blackjack had been a good person - someone who was trying his best to offer others kindness, despite the situation he was in.

Which made them further wonder; what had happened for Blackjack to be part of Rocket in the first place? What had happened for him to be so vehement, in claiming that he wasn't a good person, despite everyone seemingly thinking otherwise?

But then came the question of how El met Blackjack - and for a moment, they'd blink, considering how they wanted to word it all...

"I... When the evacuations had started, there was this little kid..." They'd begin, glancing briefly towards the direction Dewford was in. "She lost her zigzagoon - but her family couldn't stay to look for him. So I went searching for him. When I began looking around the outskirts of Dewford though - closer to Granite Cave - I... I guess I found a rift by complete accident, or something. Cause one moment, the world around me felt like it was warping - and the next, I - well - was in Ultra Deep Sea."

They'd sigh at this - that whole sequence, including what was next in the story, had certainly been something, really. "I was lost, wandering around, and... I ended up running into a few Nihilego. But before they could overwhelm me and Bibidi, Blackjack had shown up." The memory replayed in their head - that of Ceres slamming into one of the jellyfish with all of her might, and of Duster beating down the remaining two. "He'd protected me, and started guiding me out of Deep Sea, although..."

For a moment, they pause here - thinking. "... He... didn't want me sticking around - that this whole situation's bigger than any of us. He was worried for me, but I wanted to stay. I wanted to help people, the best I can, so... He challenged me to a battle - to test if I could handle myself out there. And to teach me a little." This memory had them frowning gently - for their dislike of pokemon battles - and yet... It really did go to show how much Blackjack cared, that he went through all this effort, didn't it?

"After the battle, he patched up my pokemon, and... We talked a little bit longer. I mentioned that he was a good person - but... He didn't think that he was good. That's when he mentioned you - that you were a good person, but not him." Which, while they agreed Julia was good, they wholeheartedly disagreed that Blackjack was a bad person. Bad people didn't go to such extents for others after all, right?

"But not long after, we promised eachother that we'd be careful, and then... We went our separate ways." They soon concluded. "He's..." Mysterious? Cryptic? A puzzle? "... I dunno what to make of him, but I don't think he's a bad person, either. I think he's good." They spoke - glancing at the path ahead now. What was he doing now, they wondered? Was he doing alright? Was he being careful, like the two of them had promised?

They weren't sure how well they were doing at being careful - but they liked to think that they were keeping out of the worst of the trouble out there.