Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 16:10:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Man,” Navy says while kneeling by the body of a Corviknight, “this is -rough-.” It’s the latest in a long string of murders. The victims aren’t humans, they’re Pokemon. One very specific species. Corviknight, patron bird of Galar. Murdered, as far as he can tell, for the metal covering their bodies. Without that metal, they’re just big black birds. Frowning, he takes in the innate tragedy of the situation. It reminds him of certain other species being hunted for their tusks.[break][break]
Only one culprit that makes sense to me, kid.” Navy doesn’t know how he ended up with this particular partner, but he’s not going to question it. Ending up with strange, unexpected investigation partners is just the name of the game when you’re a detective. seems like an alright girl. Too young for this line of work, but so was he when he started.[break][break]
Tinkaton.” Voyager, his Arcanine, is sniffing the body. Picking up a scent. Soon, the Pokemon has a heading. “Come on, looks like Voyager knows where he’s heading.” And, curiously, he leads them to the main road.[break][break]
…I don’t like this. Got a bad feeling. Just to confirm, you’ve got some good Pokemon on you, dontcha?” He asks her while checking his own belt, making sure his six Pokeballs are in order.[break][break]
He prays he doesn’t have to pull out Vortigern.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 3:59:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When you're bored out of your mind and everyone on the list of people you know are somewhat busy with their own lives, you've gotta find ways to occupy yourself. In this case, Eris finds that making herself useful is one good way to pass the time. And what better way to make herself useful than investigate a series of murders?[break][break]

Though she had originally planned on working on it herself, who is she to complain when she finds someone else on the job? A private detective from the looks of things - Lack of badge, no immediate recognition of who she is and no real rush to chase her away from the scene. Overall, things might just work out for her as long as she doesn't get in the way, right?[break][break]

"It doesn't look that old." She hums, gently lifting one of the wings to check for any maggots. None to speak, but she can definitely see traces of an infestation in the works. "Probably a few hours?"[break][break]

If it were caused by humans, the culprits would've been long gone. But if he's thinking Tinkatons, then they might have some luck (or misfortune) in that those wild creatures might still be around. As she stands up, she simply brushes her hands off on the grass, drawing a bit of the remaining morning dew to give that good ol' illusion of keeping her hands clean. Then she follows in the man's footsteps, calling upon her trusty companion Reiner as she hums a quiet tune.[break][break]

"Oh, you don't need to worry about me, ol' Mister! I'm more than capable of throwing hands any given day of the week!"[break][break]

Sure, she doesn't have as many pokemon as he might be carrying but that doesn't make her team any less capable![break][break]

"So just checking, but what exactly are we gonna do when we find those Tinkaton? I don't think they really understand the whole concept of murder is bad, y'know?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 4:10:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Simple.” The detective smiles at the young girl. He adores children. Women and children. Navy is blinded to the evil that can dwell in their hearts. His view of the world is simply too old-fashioned for the ecosystem within which he dwells.[break][break]
If they’re an immediate threat, we knock ‘em out. No killin’ ‘em or anything like that. I don’t really trust the cops,” Navy says, understanding well the irony of his statement, “but the rangers just might be able to rehabilitate them. They’ve got programs for that sort of thing.” Part of him doubts that. It’s in the nature of these Pokemon to battle Corviknights. It’s like Zangoose and Seviper. They’re natural enemies.[break][break]
The fur on Voyager stands on end. A low growl escapes the Pokemon’s throat. Navy hears an engine rumbling in the distance. It’s not even late. People should be at work like good, upstanding citizens. Yet, here some kids are, running the road—[break][break]
A massive hot rod rolls past the detective and the young girl. Navy’s sharp eyes catch the group partying on top of the structure. Tinkatons. A whole bunch of them. The vehicle they’re riding looks like it’s been reinforced by metal plates.[break][break]
Oh you’ve GOTTA be kidding me.” He whips out a blue pokeball. Out comes Thin Lizzy, Lizzy for short. Lizzy shines in the sunlight, a stark white specimen of her kind. She cries out to Navy, understanding the situation at once. Voyager howls and prepares to rush alongside.[break][break]
They’re gonna cause all sorts of mayhem if we don’t stop ‘em. C’mon, kid!” Gripping Lizzy’s clutch, revving her up, he speeds off. Riding the roads, hot on the trail of a culprit. The wind whipping through his hair.[break][break]
Now this is his kind of party!

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 7:17:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Knock them out and hand them over to the...[break][break]

Though she nods in contemplation, there's no hiding the shiver that runs down her spine. The only thing that stops her from spiraling is the fact that Reiner's by her side. That and well, the awfully loud screeching of tires and rumbling of an engine as a strange contraption speeds on by.[break][break]

"THAT'S SO COOL!"[break][break]

Literally ignoring the fact that the vehicle is made out of the body parts of dead Corviknight, Eris can't help but squeal a little over its design. Is it simply a modified car? How in the world did the Tinkatonk learn how to operate it? She has to get her hands on that vehicle and pry it apart piece by piece if she wants to known more![break][break]

With a quick grasp of Reiner's mane as she hops on, the Luxray takes off, sped up by bolts of static electricity as he launches off with a Wild Charge. And as she tosses up another pokeball with a whistle, a Noibat comes fluttering out, flapping her wings as she creates a rushing Tailwind to speed them up.[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 12:08:07 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Leave it to a kid to respond with such open, blatant enthusiasm. Navy and Lizzy share a meaningful look. The dragon all but sighs as she allows Navy to rev her engines. If they don’t act quick, they’re going to have an incident on their hands. [break][break]
Yo, Leslie?” Navy’s talking into his phone going near a hundred miles an hour down a popular highway. “So, I think I found the source of your Corviknight problem. Bunch of Tinkatons are going on a joy ride down 110 on some souped up Corviknight hot rod. What? Yeah, I’m sober. Yeah, I know it sounds like bullshit! Close off the road or we’re all gonna have a bad ti-
Up ahead, coming down the highway, is another car. Probably one containing people who were having a nice drive until just about ten seconds ago. Lizzie knows the sort of man her rider is. She lets loose a long, annoyed sigh. [break][break]
Yo, kid! We gotta ram it! Just enough so they don’t kill the people in that car!” Voyager is bounding behind, also riding the tailwind. [break][break]
Praying Eris joins him, Lizzy and Voyager both ram the left side of the hot rod monster. The tinkatons on top mumble something in Pokémon speech at them. [break][break]
Navy can only hope Lizzy’s quick attack and Voyager’s extreme speed will be enough.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 21:32:35 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Ram into a vehicle? Now, Eris doesn't exactly have much experience when it comes to the dealings of detectives and police, but she's sure that attempting to ram a vehicle is illegal in some cases.[break][break]

But to hell with the law! Despite everything, it actually sounds fun![break][break]

Pulling up her hood, she gives Reiner a good ol' tap on the shoulder as she tucks her body closer to his. Much like Lizzie, the Luxray lets out a harsh sigh, gathering more static electricity with every stride as they easily catch up to Navy and his crew. And with a bit of shaky timing, he just about rams the vehicle just as the others do, allowing Eris to toss what seems to be one end of some thick metallic wire onto the deck.[break][break]

She grins, watching as it all seems to come to life. Smaller strands stretch out from the main body, each snapping around the closest Tinktaton as Reiner Discharges electricity through the other end of the strange wire. With any luck, at least one or two of them should be paralysed by the sudden jolt.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 6:07:05 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Eh?” One of the joyriding Tinkatons says as they notice the wire. The other one, the pilot of this craft, pays no mind to what’s going on. He’s too busy trying to focus on not crashing them. Navy’s slams knock them out of the path of oncoming traffic. [break][break]
Eeeeh?” The Tinkaton pokes one of his comrades curiously, now that he his wrapped in wire. The Pokemon begs him in their language to set him free. Perhaps he realizes what’s about to happen to him. His comrades simply continue to poke him while their driver focuses on the road.[break][break]
The Pokemon is cool under pressure. Navy will give him that.[break][break]
EH-EH-EH-IE-IE-IE-IE-IE-IEEE-E-E-E!” It shouts as the electric line goes live, giving him a discharge of electric energy. The muscles of the one caught in the trap, as well as one of his buddies, lock up. They’re both sitting there, immobilized.[break][break]
All the while, a little Tinkaton band is performing a rock n’ roll solo on top of the vehicle. The electric music is supercharged by the live electricity, causing the tall speakers atop the car to blare twice as loud. Navy feels his eardrums almost burst.[break][break]
We’ve gotta get on toooop!” Navy tries to yell over the power of high voltage rock n’ roll. Whether or not Eris hears him is ultimately a matter for the gods of rock.[break][break]
All Navy and his Cyclizar can do is jump. To pull Voyager along, Navy recalls the Pokemon into his ball. The trainer and his motorcycle Pokemon are left wobbling on top of the vehicle, looking back at Eris and trying to wave her up.[break][break]
Navy can’t convey it over the sound of the music, but this girl’s got a good sense for what to do under pressure!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 9:32:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Though she struggles to hear even a single word that Navy yells, Eris is more than capable of deriving his intents through the actions she can observe. And when she sees him hopping atop the vehicle with his Cyclizar, there are but two reactions from the girl and her pokemon.[break][break]

The widest grin and the most exasperated yowl.[break][break]

She giggles, carefully clambering into a crouch atop the Luxray's back. And as soon as she's ready, she gives him a good old pat and yells.[break][break]

"Uppies!"[break][break]

Despite his protest, Reiner gathers all of his momentum and throws it upwards into a beautiful jump. As he does, Eris tightens her grip on the wire, taking one good ol' leap of faith of her own. Everything seems like it might go south, her jump distance far too small compared to the gap between her and the vehicle. But just moments before she falls, the wire snaps taut, pulling her right out of harm's way as she stumbles, hops and quite nearly slides across the smooth metal.[break][break]

Her arms flail a little, her body tensing as she fights to keep her balance. And when she finally regains it with a big step back, she looks over to Navy and gives him a sheepish smile.[break][break]

Yet another note screeches through the speakers, and her attention is immediately thrown towards the offending Tinkaton. Despite everything shred of devilish thoughts that screams through her brain, she ultimately remembers what their motive is, to knock the Tinkatons out or something along those lines.[break][break]

Eh, she can technically do that with what she has in mind. As she makes a move towards the rock band, the wires in her hand begin to melt and mold themselves into small balls of goop. And with a hearty wind up, she takes her aim and tosses it towards the speakers.[break][break]

A decent enough shot.[break][break]

"Short it, Merc!"[break][break]

The metal surges through even the smallest of gaps in the sound unit and within seconds, the music comes to an immediate halt. All that's left is the regular plucking of guitar strings and muted instruments, accompanied by the confused cries of the Tinkaton band. In the midst of the chaos, Eris takes her chance to walk up, easily wrenching the electric guitar from the lead guitarist's little hands.[break][break]

There are a few swears, a few seconds for her to examine the guitar, but it's more than enough for her to figure things out. It's not that heavy, but it's most definitely solid enough for her to ready her aim.[break][break]

"Hey batter batter![break][break]

And with a smile, she swings.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 18:49:07 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The Tinkatons howl in confusion and anger. Eris has interrupted their little show. They were having the time of their lives and now, thanks to her, it’s at an end. They start swarming her, trying to give the girl a piece of her mind. Thankfully, almost none of them have hammers anymore. They’ve traded them in for instruments. They swipe at her with guitars, drumsticks, and microphones.[break][break]
She packs far more of a punch when she punts one away with a guitar. The other Tinkaton scream and run away from her. A few even dive off into the woods along the side of the route. They want absolutely nothing to do with this messed up situation anymore. Navy takes solace in the fact that they may have, in fact, been taught the error of their ways.[break][break]
The car beneath their feet isn’t pleased. Navy only now realizes that this, too, is a Pokemon. A supermassive one. One that has been modified extensively by its riders, but a Pokemon none the less.[break][break]
Vroom! Vrooooom!” The pokemon cries. It unleashes a great barrage of acid onto all of them. Lizzy screeches and starts skidding around.[break][break]
It looks like we need to attack the car itself.” Navy observes. This situation could go from bad to worse at any time. Some of the Tinkatons are forming a mosh pit around the kid, trying to throw her off of the ship. Navy forces his way through, scooping Eris up like a cat holding a kitten.[break][break]
I’ve gotcha! Swing away!”[break][break]
He throws out Shuwen, who immediately takes up a fighting pose.[break][break]
Oraaaaa!” The bear cries, lashing out with his fists. He strikes the car directly, unleashing a rapid fire series of strikes.[break][break]
Oraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraora!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 13:07:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Never in her lifetime has she ever thought that she might have thought such a thing, but if she has to be honest, the way that a Tinkaton flies is a rather intriguing thing. In every writeup or entry she's seen on the creature, it's said to be sturdy enough to swing a rather giant and heavy hammer that she can barely imagine swinging. And yet, they crumble like dominos at her significantly weaker swing.[break][break]

Now, if only she could allocate the attention she gives to those little details to the rapidly spiraling situation at hand. With acid pouring from the sides of the seemingly sentient vehicle, she can only watch as Reiner peels away from the mess, yowling at her with that usual ol' tone of 'watch your step'. And that most certainly means that she's on her own as she gets surrounded by that little buggers.[break][break]

Or that's what one might assume, if not for the traces of liquid metal leaking from the speakers. Just as she's about to whistle, she finds her feet being promptly torn from the ground, a sharp hiss erupting from her as she visibly tenses up. Though not quite an order, that alone is enough to garner a reaction from the pooling metal, multiple appendages growing from the edges of the goop and promptly lashing out at the rioting Tinkatons.[break][break]

"No, Merc! Down!" She yells, her legs swinging wild as she helplessly kicks at the air. "Same target!"[break][break]

That doesn't quite stop the pooling metal from launching quite a few more Tinkatons off the vehicle, but as soon as it's allowed the chance to recover from its violent momentum, it promptly retracts its appendages and surges towards the Urshifu. And right in the moments that the bear strikes, it separates into two masses and latches to his fists, curling and forming into impromptu knuckle dusters.[break][break]

"Make it hurt, Bearington!"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 14:13:45 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Behind them, the bear is beating away at the car. He notices the metal coalescing around his fists and he does not stop. He attacks. He fights. He bellows his war cry. There is nothing to be done except end this. Raising his head up, he looks to Navy for confirmation. He has a plan. The detective can see it in his eyes.[break][break]
You sure?” He asks.[break][break]
Shuwen nods. Navy reciprocates the gesture.[break][break]
Y’know, kid, you’re the first person to call me what I am. Surprised Leslie or none of the other fancy suits ever just called me a merc.” Navy pulls out his Pokeball. He jumps out of the Tinkaton swarm, still holding onto Eris, and he adjusts himself on Lizzy’s saddle. Seeing they’re surrounded, she jumps off of the massive car pokemon.[break][break]
On Navy’s back is a large sword-like object. It’s something he’s been practicing with since the raid into the ultra deep sea. In its core rests a mega stone. Responding to his will, the sword begins to glow. Urshifu and Trainer synergize. Navy pushes him beyond his limits.[break][break]
The bear roars as he grows, expands, and his fur turns blue. White highlights accentuate his body. With newfound speed, he jumps to the front of the vehicle. His strength is enough to move mountains. His will is unshaken.[break][break]
Oraoraoraoraoraoraoraooraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraorora!”[break][break]
Shuwen is massive. The Tinkaton are shrieking. Even if their center of gravity is impeccable, even with everything working for them, even with the armor of a dozen slain Corviknights, it is not enough. His fists tear through the hull with every hit, reducing this Pokemon down to what it originally was – a car, barely bigger than a human.[break][break]
The car and the Tinkatons are left exposed. Destroyed. It’s all thanks to the help of the brass knuckles that he wears, made of liquid metal. The bear thinks to himself that it wouldn’t be so bad to have a permanent pair.[break][break]
A thought for another day. For now, he skids to a halt alongside the car.[break][break]
Looking back to the girl catching a ride with him, Navy smiles. Breathlessly, he says a handful of words to her. His confidence never fades.[break][break]
Well, kid. I think we won.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 4:06:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Merc? He thinks she called him a merc?? Truth be told, if she didn't have her hands full with trying to shove down the anxiety rising in her chest, she might just have corrected him. Instead, she's pretty much screaming as Navy suddenly hops onto his Cyclizar without even a warning, hanging on for dear life as Lizzy decides to abandon ship.[break][break]

Whilst the mega evolved Urshifu begins battering down on the vehicle, the impact of each of his punches are magnified in the strangest of ways. Deep gashes are driven into the armour, smoke fizzling from the strange marks as his pair of knuckle dusters grows stronger, heavier. Together, they rip into this living fortress, wearing down at their enemy's advantages until all that's left is depressing shadow of what it once was.[break][break]

As soon as the car starts screeching to a halt, Eris knows that this Cyclizar is going to pull up soon. And as soon as she gets the chance to, she'll twist and squirm out of Navy's reach, hopping and stumbling over her own two feet that hit the ground a little too quick and somehow lucking out in that Reiner catches her before she falls.[break][break]

"Yeah... wooo..." Her cheer is lacklustre as she gives up any attempts of regaining her balance, her body draped over the Luxray's back as she raises a fist just barely high enough for him to see. "We dided it."[break][break]

Or well, they managed to dismantle a likely, very possibly illegal road hazard. Whether they taught the Tinkatons a proper lesson remains to be seen.[break][break]

"Mercury, don't eat the evidence. Or something." Her muffled voice rings out as she continues to hang in that awkward position. And it's answered by a low groan - One that reverberates through the significantly heavier knuckles dusters that the Urshifu wears. There's a weird screech, a dragged rumble, then a loud and uncomfortable 'splat' resulting from the way that the liquid metal all pours right back to the ground.[break][break]

There's silence for a brief moment, interrupted only by the shifting of dirt and sand as the metallic mass begins to slither back to her. Several metallic threads reach up from the goop and tap at her head repeatedly, weaving and winding itself into a rather misshapen hand that squeezes her cheek. Eventually Eris sighs, trying her best to - and unsuccessfully - roll over and look at Navy in that same upside-down position.[break][break]

"So uh, say... Do you need that metal for investigatin' or something?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 6:27:15 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Shuwen casts an expressionless gaze down at the metal clinging to his hands. He regards them, but makes no move to remove them until they eventually remove themselves. The Tinkaton are quivering around him. They are master hunters. Despite their size, they are powerful - strong enough to wield their hammers with wanton and reckless abandon. Yet, this creature, he stands above them all. He has cast down their greatest invention. Shuwen is wise. He sees what’s in their eyes. They’re scared kids. That’s all. They had no capacity to truly understand all the havoc they’re wrecking. [break][break]
The bear reckons they are not so different from the girl at Navy’s side. Innocent, oblivious to their own strength. Such is youth’s folly. Whether Navy sees that connection or the rotten corners fraying at the edge of this girl, Shuwen can’t say. It’s not his business, nor his place. Navy’s battlefields and his own are far different from one another. [break][break]
All he can do now is course correct the Tinkatons. Squatting by them, the bear looks each in the eye. They shudder, whine, and quietly protest their innocence. Shaking his head to hush them, Shuwen gestures to the wreckage. He motions there, waves his and back to them, and holds up a second finger. He slowly brings those two fingers across his throat. All of them read his message loud and clear. Some even start crying. [break][break]
For his part, Navy is collecting evidence. Gathering parts. Inspecting the scene. There’s enough metal here to match up DNA evidence, if there’s anything to match up. They’ll know if these are the culprits soon. Either way, they just committed a number of other felony offenses. Whether or not they understand that, Navy doesn’t know. [break][break]
Yeah, all done.” He is oblivious to her apprehension, proceeding to make it worse. He pulls out his phone and makes a brief call. He shoots the bull with whoever is on the line and makes arrangements for the rangers and to come. [break][break]
Alright, kid. The rangers are on their way. You’re a mighty good helper. If you ever want a job, come on by my office.” He hands her a business card that will lead anyone to an office in upper Slateport. A lead for the junior detective to pursue another day, if she so wishes. For now, if she doesn’t want to run into rangers, it might be time to move on.

[break][break]
[/font][/font][/blockquote]

[/div]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,790 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 7:14:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There is something that can be said about being witness to a large bear basically telling little forest gremlins about the consequences of their rather destructive actions. But whatever it is that's meant to describe her thoughts on the situation is something that must be put away for a later date when she overhears the phone conversation that Navy starts.[break][break]

As per that little snippet of his plan that he had mentioned earlier, the Rangers have been involved. And whilst she might reach up for his business card to read it -[break][break]

"Huh. I can't read this."[break][break]

Reiner gently spins the card around with a small snort and a nudge with his tail.[break][break]

"Oh. Yeah, that would make sense."[break][break]

, a private detective. Some address in Upper Slateport with a street name that sounds rather familiar. She can probably give this a quick search when she has the spare time, especially with the amount of ideas that begin to brew and bubble in her head.[break][break]

With a kick, she slides off Reiner's back and tumbles into a crouch. And as she does so, she reaches towards the ground, allowing the liquid metal to cling onto her fingers and gradually creep its way up her arm.[break][break]

"I'll consider it if the pay is good!" She hums, waving the card with her trembling free hand. "Might even see you sooner than you expect!"[break][break]

A starry tail wraps around her arm, the Luxray tugging her close as he dips his head towards Navy. And in a swirl of pink dust, they disappear without a trace.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Road Warrior [M]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2023 0:10:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: