Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 7:25:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A whirl of heat came with the swift cut of the Charizard's movement. It kissed her skin with the vengeance of a forgotten lover.
[Break][break]
"Matias?"
[Break][break]
The name rolled off her tongue with a mixture of relief and hidden frustration.
[Break][break]
"What are you doing? What-"
[Break][break]
She looked around, taking a second to reacquaint herself with the now blurred outlines of rock melting into magma. The buzzing heat forced her to continue.
[Break][break]
"What happened?"
[Break][break]
Before many words could offer an explanation, the ground began to rattle with explosive energy as the mild activity of the volcano grew in intensity. Each pop of its boiling magma began to ravage the ledge of rock, eating away at it until crumbles tumbled down to its pits.
[Break][break]
At its center, a vortex began to form. Its strength pulled in the magma until it spun and spun around, collecting at the origin point, which widened in size over time. Eventually, a shadow emerged, then the tip of what looked to be a spark of flames.
[Break][break]
Instincts drew her hand to her pocket.
[Break][break]
It took a second for the realization to settle.
[Break][break]
The jade bead. It was gone.
[Break][break]
"I think the jade bead dropped in when I fell," she tried explaining, though her words were hurried and barely shapened. Worried bled from her eyes.
[Break][break]
RUINATION began to cripple the world around them as large tendrils of darkness struck out from the vortex of magma. It looked to pierce everything in sight. Charizard, Moltres, urshifu; everything would meet the cut of its ENVY.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 4:22:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"you're such an idiot."[break][break]

even if his words may look to berate her, he shows concern when he looks at her. his eyes scan, searching for any indication of a cracked mental state.[break][break]

is she being affected by the fish? by the JADE BEADS?[break][break]

"you tried to throw yourself into the fucking lava."[break][break]

he snaps over the howling winds.[break][break]

"listen to me. we don't have the luxury to entertain your shit right now, alright? so get your head straight because we cannot lose."[break][break]

even high up in the air does not spare them the pain of RUINATION. he sees it; feels the vitality being sapped away from his charizard as they drop in the air.[break][break]

his golem and urshifu leap in front of the moltres, protecting it with all they have.[break][break]

"call out your fucking pokemon!"[break][break]

they hit the ground, sliding to a halt before he dismounts his charizard.[break][break]

there, they stare at the face of ENVY.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:36:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Fingers find their way into the wrinkles of his shirt, pulling her closer to him as winds continued to whip around them. They were as ferocious as the natural bite of Hoenn's tenacious nature.
[break][break]

Through hagged breaths, she barely managed to respond.
[break][break]

"I'm sorry. I-I don't know what happened--"
[break][break]

One second she was reassuring Moltres, and the next, she was here, barely surviving against the harrowing pits of Mt. Chimney's churning stomach. The drawls of envy allowed little evidence to remain in her memory; only fragments of its yearning. Of the promises it offered.
[break][break]
"I get it okay?! I fucking get it."
[break][break]

It was at this moment that the black tendrils lunged out from the magma. Streaks of green marked its explosive journey to each of its targets; from them, only Charizard and Golem were claimed. For those within its web, the tendrils of spiteful ruination began to engulf, coiling around their body with an overwhelming sensation of blistering ENVY. As it did so, small fingers poked out from its ends and began digging into their newfound meal. While, outwardly, one would only notice the suffocation of black energy, the internal unravelings of the mind extended far beyond the anguished cries that rang. Piece by piece, RUINATION would pick skin from flesh, muscle from bones, until one's own mind crumbled.
[break][break]
Penny looked to follow instructions; reaching into her pocket, she sent forth her Blaziken and Whimiscott.
[break][break]
Their arrival came just in time. Slowly, from the depths of the magma, the small lick of flames grew in size. A fin took shape, then a pairs of eyes. They stared back at them, lifeless in a way that struck unease.
[break][break]
"Blaziken go-"
[break][break]
Brittle words broke in her mouth. She couldn't speak. Couldn't walk. Only stare back at its silent calling.
[break][break]
"because i fought for it. i did what no one else could do and found it. brought it back from another world."
[break][break]
Matias' words rang back to her, not as memories, but as scripture engraved into the forefront of her mind. Bolded by the ENVY that swelled from it. It never did quite go away.
[break][break]
"Matias-- you still have that jade bead right?"

Life returned to her bones as she snapped her head back toward him. The gold of her eyes now gleamed with a new radiance.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 5:48:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

standing their ground, golem struggles against the spiteful tendrils that look to engulf it entirely. it knows it has to as it is its duty, but will it be able to accept its fate that easily?[break][break]

"stand your ground!"[break][break]

the MEGA STONE fastened in his shoulder glows as charizard takes to the skies. they will have to use the DROUGHT to the best of their abilities.[break][break]

her voice calls out to him; an unneeded distraction.[break][break]

"what?"[break][break]

charizard's DRAGON PULSE slams into the lava as it approaches before it attempts to reach down to drag the fish out.[break][break]

urshifu provides what cover it can with SURGING STRIKES.[break][break]

the jade bead.[break][break]

"what does it matter? fucking focus, penny!"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:15:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The combined efforts of DRAGON PULSE and SURGING STRIKES both hit, but not without the pains of loss.
[break][break]

The jade beads flashed, inflicting all of those around it with the implications of tearing ENVY. It tore away at their defenses, until only vulnerabilities laid in wake. Like exposed wounds awaiting the final blow.
[break][break]

Then, right as Charizard attempted to fish the ruinous beast from it's cage, a LAVA PLUME shot out from the depths of mt chimney. It looked to bathe those that attacked it in a tsunami of molten magma.
[break][break]

"Hand it to me," Penny's words came out with rushing urgency. She stepped forward, reaching out a hand. "Trust me."
[break][break]

During this, Whimiscott threw out whips of howling winds. A HURRICANE acted as their layer of defense, redirecting the bits of LAVA back toward the volcano's pits.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:21:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

even with its natural resistance, the golem succumbs to the LAVA PLUME, restrained enough by the tendrils to simply melt into a puddle on the ground.[break][break]

he stares at her, still able to see the tether to connects them. but he's not sure how long that will last.[break][break]

the JADE BEAD burns in his pocket. naturally, his hand smooths over it.[break][break]

"no."[break][break]

the lava bubbles once again but this time it isn't from the fish. moltres, in all its revived glory, rises with burning passion — renewed and empowered.[break][break]

a SAFEGUARD forms over the party before moltres whips its wings forward to conjure a strong HURRICANE that looks to lift the fish out of the lava.[break][break]

charizard provides cover, flying left and right to take stray LAVA PLUMES in moltres' stead.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 6:46:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her gaze darkened at his response.
[break][break]

"Matias," the name repeated itself, forged in the ENVY that burned deep inside. Its festering growth became more apparent and Penelope, for the first time, welcomed its arrival. "Give me the jade bead, so we can stop this. Please."
[break][break]

Again, she stepped forward, but this time she didn't just reach out her hand. She reached for his.
[break][break]
"Don't you trust me?" [break][break]

In the background, winds began to rage, forcing ember to sputter out from the volcano's lip. The fish had been caught. But the black liquid of its blank expression offered no repentance for what it had taken.
[break][break]

Eerie wisps of dark matter began to collect around moltres' head. It forced the weight of ENVY onto the avian, looking to shackle its spirit of ultimate freedom and rebirth, as ENVY had shackled the fish for centuries. (DARK PULSE)
[break][break]

Behind her back, Penelope made a signal toward her Whimiscott, urging the Pokemon to prepare a STUN SPORE. If Matias failed to retrieve the gem again, she'd take more drastic measures.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 8:06:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

what would normally be a gravitating touch is anything but. it almost repels him, allowing him clarity to see the moment for what it is.[break][break]

the manipulation. the sweet, bitter lies. and as much as it pains him to say, the words escape him easily.[break][break]

"i don't trust you."[break][break]

he pulls his hand away.[break][break]

charizard dips down to take the DARK PULSE. its dark scales ripple under the pressure, vibrating as it does its best to shrug off the attack.[break][break]

moltres screeches, lifting higher and higher as it readies a SKY ATTACK.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2023 3:10:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Fine."
[Break][break]
Her concealed hand flicked a finger upward and a wave of stun spore shuddered off from the Whimiscott, coagulating onto Matias like moths flocking to a flame.
[Break][break]
Betrayal came from the zaps of electricity flashing out in short bursts.
[Break][break]
"I'm sorry - really, I am."
[Break][break]
Hurried footsteps ate the gap between them. Despite the cruelty of her actions, genuine pain smeared her face as she approached. her fingers slowly reached up to his forcibly stilled face. They hovered along his jawline, hesitant in their touch. As if they'd lost every right to his warmth.
[Break][break]
"But I have to do this. I don't know why, but," she leaned forward and slowly pecked his cheek, "I just know that I have to. You know how that feels, right?"
[Break][break]
Her hand then dropped, sliding into one pocket, then the other. A thumb smoothed over its burnished face.
[Break][break]
"I love you, Matias"
[Break][break]
She then cupped the bead in the center of her palm and fished it back out, pocketing it for herself.
[Break][break]
During this, violence flared behind them. Blaziken entered the fight, joining the resentful fish in its battle against its antithesis. STONE EDGE erupted from the ground, looking to block the incoming SKY ATTACK with its wall of defense. This allowed enough time for the fish to return its attack, striking back with another attempt of DARK PULSE.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 10:08:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

STUN SPORE washes over him, causing his muscles to seize up. he drops to a knee, struggling against the weight of her betrayal. it's a weight that only grows heavier the more she speaks.[break][break]

i'm sorry.[break][break]

lies.[break][break]

i have to do this.[break][break]

lies.[break][break]

i love you.[break][break]

lies.[break][break]

she is poison and hurt and demise — this, he understands now. but is it too late to change things? to stop the world from falling to RUINATION?[break][break]

WEAK
[break][break]

his eyes shut as the voices return.[break][break]

recognizing the rising STONE EDGE, charizard swerves to take it, leaving it unable to do anything about the DARK PULSE that finds moltres. its SKY ATTACK empowers it through the pain, taking it all the way to the fish.[break][break]

SO, SO WEAK
[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:57:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]THE MIND IS ITS OWN PLACE, AND IN ITSELF

[attr="class","setting"]

heat pulsated in the air around her. rapidly expanding, there was no escaping its sweeping suffocation. there was only embracing it for the hidden gifts that sprung from between its arms.
[break][break]
penelope maintained a slow, steadied walk toward the crusted edge of rock waterfalling down into the dug pits of magma. violence still blossomed all around, but within her nook of safety, contemplations were still briefly allowed.
[BREAK][BREAK]
"whimsicott use helping hand. blaziken, stone edge."
[break][break]

the words came out in hollowed syllables, lifeless in the way that contrasted her bleeding heart.
[BREAK][BREAK]
the pokemon obeyed without complaints, whimiscott shuddering out its welcomed assistance, and blaziken utilizing the speed boost alongside its own natural abilities.
[break][break]

the already protruding wall of stone edge bent, expanding outward. it looked to not only entrap the charizard, but reduce his sputter of flames into cinders.
[break][break]

at the edge of the volcano's lip, penelope took to a pause. slowly, she glanced back over her shoulder, just barely catching wind of the stilled elite four member.
[break][break]

had been diminished down to candlelight; brought down to a knee and face contorted into one of pain. for all that it did to pierce her, the look of his withered stature brought along something far more primal.
[BREAK][BREAK]
vindication. not only for all that was sacrificed but for all that was left to give.
[break][break]

"it means you're on the right path," she could hear Matias' ghost say.
[break][break]

eyes kept trained onto him, penelope's thumb smoothed over the small gemstone one last time. the warmness had faded. as though it'd been absorbed into the touch of her skin.

[break][break]

with one toss, the final jade bead was thrown. it plummeted down into the bubbling lava, swallowed up without a sound.
[break][break]

the reaction was almost immediate.
[break][break]
moltres' sky attack struck down the malicious fish, forcing it back. it stumbled into the pool of magma, shackled by its own inability to withstand the glimmer of valor before it.
[break][break]
at least, not until it felt the drop of the jade bead.
[break][break]

[break][break]
the entirety of mt. chimney began to quake. in comparison to its earlier eruption, this one held a much fiercer tone, with lava already boiling up to its lip. luckily it flowed out over the brim in places around the two trainers, never straying too far into their peripherals.
[break][break]
rocks began to shoot out from the volcano's jutted jaws, and lightning struck the grounds surrounding its ascent up.
[break][break]
the ruination had begun its unholy corruption.
[break][break]
again, dark tendrils lunged out from the wisps of darkness curling around the fish's fins. its targets had consolidated onto one: moltres.
[break][break]

[break][break]
it was as penelope bared witness to the gods' eternal struggle that her own natural connection to the fish began to unravel itself.
[break][break]
the familiarity of its warmth; the allure of its hushes promises; since the beginning, these pangs of raw envy devolved from this fundamental yearning for what was forever lost within themselves: power.
[break][break]
forever ago, penelope had believed in the notions prescribed to her. that power was reserved for those who were born strong. born with the innate gifts to secure what was inherently theirs from the beginning.
[break][break]
only now, in the whips of flames and jaws of ruination, this trainer and legendary had found solace in truth birthed from their conflict; that true power only comes to those who are prepared to do anything to achieve it.
[break][break]
[attr="class","header"]CAN MAKE HEAVEN OF HELL, A HELL OF HEAVEN.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] +

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#c13f41; --bgimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/e0Bx7sB.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 16:07:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

you're a cog in the wheel.[break][break]

he isn't.[break][break]

you don't care about the league or its people.[break][break]

he does care.[break][break]

do everyone a favor and just disappear.[break][break]

he won't disappear.[break][break]

you want to know why eva is in kanto while you're here?[break][break]

he can't.[break][break]

it's because we can actually trust her.[break][break]

they can trust him.[break][break]

but trust is a fickle thing. it can be built over the course of years on the foundations of blood, sweat, and tears only to come crumbling down with a single mistake. he has made many, but what they don't see are his intentions.[break][break]

he does what he does for the people.[break][break]

he does what he does to survive.[break][break]

a single MAGICAL LEAF finds its way over to him. the moment it lands on the back of his hand, the PARALYSIS begins to fade.[break][break]

moltres' cry is the final thing that snaps him out of it. he rises to his feet, fighting through tense muscles to stare across at the woman he once loved.[break][break]

the woman he still loves.[break][break]

"i was right about you — about how you only want the shortcut the power. but never did i think you'd doom the entire fucking world for it."[break][break]

his urshifu's SURGING STRIKES chip away at the dark tendrils, enough to free moltres. it flies back into the skies, circling the erupting volcano as it spends a moment to recover with ROOST.[break][break]

he climbs onto the back of his charizard.[break][break]

"can't you see, penny? are you that fucking blind? this is what causes it. ruination. you know i can't let that happen."[break][break]

for the briefest of moments, it's as though time slows to a halt when he looks at her.[break][break]

"i'm sorry."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 17:01:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"shortcut to power? Are you kidding me?"
[Break][break]
The paralytic spores were healing themselves. Pouring oil onto rust. Just as his bones regained the vibrance of movement, so did hers. Slowly, she turned herself to face him.
[Break][break]
"This is the furthest thing from a shortcut."
[Break][break]
She'd given up her entire world to stand here, in the vortex of swelling opportunity. And he wanted to reduce those efforts to ashes?
[Break][break]
No, not again. She wouldn't allow herself to be burnt by that same flame again.
[Break][break]
Her PokeBall clicked to life, swapping out the whimsicott for her own Charizard. She wrapped one arm around its neck and allowed flight to take hold of them both.
[Break][break]
"Back then, you told me to stop the self-pity and do something. I'm just taking your advice."
[Break][break]
Charizard's right wing sliced downward, sending a series of AIR SLASHES toward his URSHIFU, while Blaziken and the fish continued their assault on Moltres.
[Break][break]
MEGA EVOLUTION bathed the fighting type in a capsule of crusted energy, only to release a new figure from its cracks. The Pokemon then sprung forth and sought to strike down on the moltres. While it went in with a SHADOW CLAW, the god of lava and ENVY gazed upon it with the ferocity of a harrowing MEAN LOOK.

[Break][break]

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#c13f41; --bgimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/e0Bx7sB.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 6:48:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

feeling the PRESSURE moltres exudes, he glances up and around, quickly taking in the state of everything while he works on how best to get them out of this situation.[break][break]

them. both him and .[break][break]

he looks back at her as she ascends upon her own charizard.[break][break]

"not like this. not at the cost of everything."[break][break]

urshifu stands its ground, arms raised in front of it to take the onslaught of AIR SLASHES. they cut into its flesh, drawing blood with every strike. but when it stops, urshifu leaps up to parry the SHADOW CLAW away with SURGING STRIKES.[break][break]

one, two; each blow intending to knock the blaziken back down.[break][break]

"moltres!"[break][break]

they descend upon the source of ENVY. together, with his manipulation of the earth along with moltres' ANCIENT POWER, they look to lift it out of the lava for charizard's HURRICANE to carry it high up into the air.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 7:49:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"are sacrifices only warranted when you have something to gain then?"
[Break][break]

ENVY scorched her chest, growing with intensity with each passing second. It looked to consume her completely.
[Break][break]

Down below, Blaziken failed in its evasion of the Urshifu's suppressive fire. DETECT allowed a few misses to sneak between each individual strike, but the sheer strength of their combined blows w nearly brought the fire type to its knee.
[Break][break]

It was then that Matias' manipulations began inflicting changes onto the shifting slides of packed rock. The feat was nothing less than a display of raw, unfiltered power held only by a single man blessed by the king of the land himself.
[Break][break]

'No'
[Break][break]

In slow motion, she saw the whips of change reach out toward the fish.
[Break][break]

'i have to stop him.'
[Break][break]

Combined with the rumbles of ANCIENT POWER, their intent was obvious. They were looking to force out the fish.
[Break][break]

"Matias!! Stand down before it's too late."
[Break][break]

Ever since the beginning, when they'd first met along the lip of Mt Chimney's crust, ruination roared inside Penelope.
[Break][break]

And it all sprung from the same source: him.
[Break][break]

GRUDGE grappled her heart with memories of all the wicked words he'd spread, of all the consequences his actions discarded.
[Break][break]
HATRED engulfed her from the betrayal of his lies. They looked to manipulate, puppeteering her into a fool, all while the cut of betrayal feasted on her insides, tearing at her vulnerabilities like a swarm of hungry vultures.
[Break][break]
Worst of them all was the FEAR that eroded her will to continue this battle.
[Break][break]
It was the FEAR of losing him -- the only person she'd risked so damn much for -- that drove her to this maddening state. The FEAR of what else she might willingly sacrifice. All for him. Always him.
[Break][break]
It wasn't the jade beads or the fish. It wasn't even the endless pour of ENVY.
[Break][break]
It was .
[Break][break]
He was her ruination.
[Break][break]
But not anymore.
[Break][break]
"Charizard!"
[Break][break]
Before their HURRICANE could finish the job, Penelope sent forth her own flurry of wind.
[Break][break]
The combination of tornadoes meshing into one whirlpool of rushing air looked to not only disrupt their attempt of attack but ultimately force  out of the air.
[Break][break]
During this time, Chi-Yu used the newfound height to its advantage and sought to strike moltres with the ultimate PAYBACK. Hands of ruination didn't look to just grapple this time - they fought to skewer the avian completely.

[Break][break]

[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]