Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 0:21:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

THIS TAKES PLACE LATE MAY
[break][break]There is a silence in the pillow of engulfing darkness. The way it envelops you, cradling your body as a mother would hold their newborn. It washes away your guilt, your hardship. Your ENVY and your HATRED. It leaves you emptied, hollow, but at peace.
[break][break]
And then, when the allure of never-ending sleep is readied to sweep you away, a voice howls. It howls so deeply, so vengefully, that your body has no choice but shudder in the aftermath of its rage. Flint strikes steel and fire is born inside you.
[break][break]

Suddenly, you're screaming with the harrowing voice. Your fighting against these low tones and promises of silence; every nerve is lit in a frenzy of madness; the lull of tranquility contorts into the suffocating dread of FEAR, and you fight it. You fight it until your eyes are stretched across your head, bugged out and bloodshot, and reality catapults you back to your bed in Evergrade City, huffing and puffing, a whirl of bewilderment settling onto your rising shoulders.
[break][break]

It's with a low rasp you bark, "No."
[break][break]

Hunched over, blankets crumbled at her lap, Penelope was barely able to budge her limbs into action. They remained motionless against the tide of beckoning compulsion, frozen to the world that sought to spite her. It was until that voice - that damning voice - returned to her ears that she looked up.
[break][break]

"Eva?"
[break][break]

Familiarity drew her from the comforts of the white linen and ENVY carried her to the dresser. There, cushioned on a small red pillow she'd torn from her jewelry cabinet was the JADE GRANULE she'd acquired from Mt Chimney Months ago. It glimmered beneath the dim peaks of moonlight filtering through the slits of her curtains.
[break][break]

"He - Trust - Sacrifice."
[break][break]

The closer she grew to the shard, the clearer the words became, like burnished  jewels reclaiming their inheritance of untouched beauty. They remained jumbled, however, in a mishmash of sentences without the luxury of meaning.
[break][break]

Penelope reached out to it, pulled by these beckoning voices.[break][break]

"Fuck!"
[break][break]

It stung. Holding no more temper than a piece of freshly burnt coal, the jade bead bit in her fingers with teeth sharp enough to urge concern. Still, with her hand still hovering over it, Penelope didn't pull away.
[break][break]

Again, she reached for the bead.
[break][break]

"..."
[break][break]

Pocketing it in the palm of her hand, the roar of pain imprinted against her skin, no less ferocious than it was for her initial touch. The longer she held onto it, pushing through the pain with an expression contrived of taut lips and squeezed eyes, the clearer the voice became.
[break][break]

"Mt. Chimney," it whispered into her soul. "Go."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 3:28:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

what is sleep to a man haunted by his past, present, and future?[break][break]

dreams come and go, wafting like the mist that seems to be ever-present in their lives. from the border to the interdream zone, it lingers, haunting them.[break][break]

sleep has always alluded him, now more so than ever, so it does not take much to stir him awake.[break][break]

he turns over to look at her, regarding her with an air of caution.[break][break]

"everything okay?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 4:05:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her scratchy, worn-out throat barely allowed the words to claw their way out from her lips. Back still turned toward Matias, she allowed nothing louder than a whisper to break her silence.
[break][break]

"I - I have to go."
[break][break]

Her grip on the bead tightened. The pulse of its desires poured onto her skin once more.
[break][break]

"Like now."
[break][break]

No further explanations were offered. Only a hurricane of hurried movements made in the cover of night. Her umbral silhouette scurried from side to side, rustling through the drawers and closet, until a pair of shorts was thrown on. Then an oversized dark tee. Finally, she slipped into a pair of sneakers and made headway toward the door.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2023 6:26:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"go?"[break][break]

unaware of the jade bead held tightly in her hand as though anything less would mean letting it slip away, he has nothing to go off of other than what is in front of him.[break][break]

"wait, penny."[break][break]

but she's moving with such an alarming sense of urgency that it wills him out of bed to do the same.[break][break]

he heads out the door, following after her.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 2:47:07 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope had devolved into a bomb set to explode.
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

Her body lunged forward, sprinting through the dimly lit apartment living room. Only the occasional slant of light could be used to navigate through the thickly outlined shadows and figures studded along her vision.
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

She doesn't dare look back; whether matias chose to follow or not was the least of her concerns. Only one thought throbbed at the forefront of her mind.
[break][break]

Loud and crisp, for every nerve to hear, the words rang out to her: 'Go. Run.'
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

Her thoughts whirled, her vision blurred. It was with difficulty that she maneuvered around her hidden couch and chairs. But for every surge of pain one misstep forced onto her, overwhelming hunger warped her insides and flooded her systems.
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

Her hand reached for the door.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 3:41:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

tick.[break][break]

a familiar presence weighs heavy, stopping him in his tracks as he finishes shrugging on a shirt.[break][break]

"..."[break][break]

his hand gravitates into his pocket to find his JADE BEAD, the one he refuses to give to her if only because it might be the last tether he has to her.[break][break]

tick.[break][break]

THEY'RE HERE
[break][break]

is that where she's going? is that why she's moving with such haste and why she's ignoring him?[break][break]

tick.[break][break]

understanding what needs to be done, he says nothing and waits until she leaves before following her back to where it all began.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 4:18:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Silence is a currency that is better spent on luxuries. No words are left to be exchanged as she forcibly pushed open the last beacon of defense, separating herself from the devastating temptations lying just out of reach.
[break][break]

The dark morning breeze felt dry on her skin and brittle pieces of her bones snapped into place as she tossed out a pokeball.
[break][break]

Out came her salamance, Lancer, who roared with delight.
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

Urgency crawled up her spine as she threw herself onto the draconic beast, kicking them up into the sky with a fierce directive forward.
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

In no time, the dark skies swallowed her whole, leaving no trace of behind. Just remnants of a spirit devoured by itself.
[break][break]

Tick.
[break][break]

Soon, trickles of soot and ash littered the skies, crafting clouds of air weighed by congestion. Its rough graze felt no different than strings that grappled her, propelling her forward with speed beckoning sheer impulsion.
[break][break]

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

[break][break]

It's with her steps onto the encrusted path of Mt Chimney that the voice first failed to rumble deep within her bones.
[break][break]

A hush of silence had been earned; but not one which offered the promise of peace. Rather, it took the form of the clouds rolling overhead. The stillness of the leaves, the pull of the waves. All in preparation for the raging storm, boiling away.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 5:38:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]PARADISE LOST

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SPECIAL EVENT THREAD

MT. CHIMNEY

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1098832975782740018/poggggg_cano.mp3[/player][break]
Route 10 (Unova) - Pokémon Masters EX
[break][break]

SOMETIME AFTER POSTDORMITUM
[break][break]

IT IS SAID that the appearance of a MOLTRES indicates the coming of spring. Its body is able to bathe in molten magma to heal its wounds. There is no doubt that this legendary bird would be able to soothe and nurture its newly renewed soul within the volcano too.[break][break]

But this time, its phoenixlike resurrection is met with horrible complications. The fiery fount from which it is rebirthed is crowded with unwelcome guests. Moltres' return has been hindered, slowed like the lagging tails of lava drooling from the mountain's lip.[break][break]

WHEN PENELOPE ARRIVES AT THE TOP OF MT. CHIMNEY, the jade bead fragments begin to burn the hottest they've ever have. 's GROUDON detects three presences in the volcano, much like 's ARTICUNO had. However, this time, upon getting this close to the peak, the land behemoth would understand that the volcano's ERUPTION is imminent.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

BELOW are a list of prompts you must incorporate into this thread.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 🌋 sacrifice something meaningful to penelope to the volcano. whether it is the jade bead fragments, a special object, etc.
  • 🌋 mt. chimney must undergo a moderate volcanic eruption (e.g. flying rocks, lava flows, landslides, ash, volcanic gases, lightning, etc. on and near volcano).
  • 🌋 moltres and a chi-yu must emerge from the volcano and be engaged in conflict. a victini soul wisp will also emerge.
  • 🌋 involve a thematic element of envy in some way.
  • 🌋 penelope or matias must salvage the victini soul wisp, or keep track of where it goes.
  • 🌋 penelope must make a choice between assisting the moltres or assisting the chi-yu.[break][break]

reasons for why penelope may want to assist the moltres:[break]
    moltres is guaranteed to assist the region— and the league faction.[break][break]

moltres may be able to assist with the reversion of the silent icelands in the future.

reasons for why penelope may want to assist the chi-yu:[break]
    currying favor with chi-yu may help prevent the ruination.[break][break]

allying with chi-yu may allow the league to keep close tabs on the ruinous pokemon.[break][break]

oocly, chi-yu will indeed be partially responsible for the start of the ruination.

there is no right or wrong choice.
    [break][break]

may feel a familiar sensation between this scenario and the scenario where he received AVATARSHIP from GROUDON. it is likely that will be granted avatarship too. should she receive moltres's blessing, the powers will not be the same as the late STORMY SILPH'S.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • After completing your prompts, please MOD REQUEST when has chosen which Pokemon to ally with.
  • Afterward, will reveal the outcome of 's choice.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 15:34:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

something isn't right.[break][break]

urgency shows from the very moment they land. he dismounts his charizard, not even waiting for it to come to a stop.[break][break]

"talk to me."[break][break]

while it might look like he's talking to , he focuses on the voices in his head that grow louder and louder with every passing moment.[break][break]

as does the volcano until it inevitably ERUPTS. the ground shakes, foreboding what is to come.[break][break]

the JADE BEAD in his pocket burns.[break][break]

"this is like the fucking game we played."[break][break]

which means...[break][break]

he looks for .[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2023 19:24:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A torrent of calescent emotions whirled up inside every bated breath that seeped out through her lips. Despite the bubbling of lava down below, the crumble of crusted soot beneath her every step, the buzz of heat thrumming through the arid air around them - the world was silent. Stilled in absolute FEAR.
[break][break]
TICK.
[break][break]

The further she pressed forward, the more heat compiled in the cushion of her palm. Penelope had become numb to the jade bead's instinctual yearning. It'd felt too natural; no different than the sound of one's heartbeat, pounding deep within their chest.
[break][break]

Even Matias' voice - a force normally so effective in grappling her attention - had become lost to the fog sweeping her mind.
[break][break]

TICK.
[break][break]

With one hand trailing the ground and the other fishing for support, Penelope inched down the rolling mountains of packed rock and the lava gurgled its greetings.
[break][break]

'closer'
[break][break]

Its compulsion flared through her veins, thickly hot beneath her skin.
[break][break]

TICK.
[break][break]

But just as she looked to follow, another sight flickered in the corner of her vision. A bright lick of orange valiant flames. The more she looked toward it, the more its infectious sense of overwhelming valor seared through the humidity gnawing at her thoughts, replacing them with forlorn memories.
[break][break]

Mount Pyre.
[break][break]

Little Root.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

HBS.
[break][break]

Evelyn.
[break][break]
A glossy sheen swept her golden eyes.
[break][break]

TIC-
[break][break]

"Moltres?"
[break][break]

She took another step forward, this time toward the curled avian. It laid out like a lone candlelight kissing the ground with its soft hallowing light.
[break][break]

Slowly, the world began to regain its vibrancies. Hues of red and gold danced between her eyes as the volcano's melody trickled in, dulled only by the burning sensation stinging the center of her palm.
[break][break]

"Fuck!"
[break][break]
The world took a short pause. Then...?[break][break]
BOOM!
[break][break]

Just as she tossed the JADE BEAD into her pocket, an eruption of volcanic tremors rattled the packed earth and pointed spirals of rock. The once bubbling magma now hissed back at her with bitter ENVY.
[break][break]

Something was coming and its ferocity was not looking to be quelled.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2023 15:40:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the sight of moltres alive once again does not surprise him. it should not surprise her either considering everything they have been through. all the pain, the struggle, and now the rebirth.[break][break]

but they aren't alone. moltres is one of the three. he knows what the other one is — but then what is the third?[break][break]

not given much time to ponder over it, he comes to a running stop as he joins .[break][break]

"that fucking fish is coming."[break][break]

he turns to moltres, feeling the sudden rise of ENVY and also the briefest moment of clarity.[break][break]

"we'll have to defeat it together."[break][break]

him, her, moltres, groudon, and whatever else they have on them. they could be the very last line of defense against stopping hoenn from falling into RUINS.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 4:37:51 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Just when the world began to quake, swallowed by the corruption bubbling down below, Matias appeared. His voice enveloped her heightened shoulders with long-awaited comfort.
[break][break]
Then dread.
[break][break]
"The fish?"
[break][break]
Washed memories of gold and red filtered through her mind, evoking a harsh shudder down her spine. There was more than just ENVY there; HATRED, GRUDGE, FEAR - it all felt packed into the depths of her mind, like shadows making promises of ill intentions.
[break][break]
"Okay, yeah, sure," she nodded, brows furrowing down into a harsh line. "What should we do first?"
[break][break]
When she turned to face him, it wasn't with the typical eye of expectation or the brisk nature to which she'd recently begun to don. Rather, the flicker of fire behind her eyes was more akin to a ghost's. Familiar in the most twisted ways.
[break][break]
Below, the lava continued to churn, bubbles popping into huffs of smoke. It was getting closer.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2023 10:40:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

that brief moment of clarity seems to stretch on for longer than he expects. longer than he wants, even, but after a mere taste of it, he finds himself reaching out for the lifeline that it is.[break][break]

what should we do first?[break][break]

"we'll kill it."[break][break]

simple.[break][break]

"do your best to control it while i figure out how to do that."[break][break]

his golem joins the fray as his charizard takes to the skies. no DROUGHT forms overhead this time — they need to do whatever they can to limit its power.[break][break]

MUD SPORT and STEALTH ROCKS litter the volcano, preparing for what's to come.[break][break]

too occupied, he does not notice anything about her demeanor.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 5:25:04 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The league branded Matias as a brute. A monster without the strength of control. Yet, it was in these dire moments Penelope best understood just how misleading those titles were; how unfair they were to the ones who'd burdened themselves with the region's safety for years.
[break][break]
"Got it."

[break][break]
For once, the tug of ENVY was wholeheartedly forgotten. It'd been discarded, replaced, and forgotten for the urgency of gratitude.
[break][break]
Not only toward Matias, but for everything they'd experienced and the fact it'd been done so together. 
[break][break]
"because who better to protect everyone than us?"
[break][break]
While he looked to litter the ground with traps and snares, Penelope took to tending to Moltres, who still kept curled up behind them. The reincarnation of blazing beauty had been reduced to a flickering flame. When she approached, it slowly swerved its head to meet her gaze.
[break][break]
A soft glaze mirrored itself across the phoenix's golden brown eyes.
[break][break]
"It's okay," she reassured the avian. A sympathetic smile forced her lips to bend. "We'll keep you safe."
[break][break]
Obligation, duty, responsibility - it all weighed down on her chest as a burden to bare against the arduous winds picking up ahead. Still, there was no other option but to press forward. To keep moving against the waves that fought to push them back. Courage wasn't granted but earned over acts of defiance against the world and its cruel intents.[break][break]
[break][break]
Penny reached her hand into her pocket, looking for one of the pokeballs left tumbling inside. But, when her fingers trailed the outlines of the infinite wrinkles hidden inside, it wasn't plastic that they found. It was heat. A strong pocket of concentrated warmth entrapped her the moment she made contact with its jagged edge.[break][break]
slowly, valor crumpled to envy. loyalty into impulse. hope into desperation.
[break][break]
She turned and began to approach the volcano's ledge.
[break][break]
It called to her. It yearned for her. Like cattle moving toward water, Penelope offered no resistance to its allure. Giving in felt as easy as breathing - a part of life that is not to be left ignored, even for a second.
[break][break]
Gravel and rock crumbled beneath her shoes as she peered down into the bitter gurgles of ENVY and SPITE. The more she stared into its vast swirls of red, the more her body leaned into it, magnetized to its familiarity. To its promise for more.
[break][break]
Power against the world; power against those who stood to oppose her; power against those who used their strength to look down; the magma called to all of it. It offered its saccharine solution to all that plagued the councilwoman and more.
[break][break]
All she needed to do was accept.
[break][break]
She took another step forward.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,031 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2023 6:50:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

drowning it in lava would be the easiest way to do it, and for moments he considers doing just that with ROCK SLIDES and ROCK BLASTS, but he figures it would eventually recover.[break][break]

it seems the best way to kill it is on land, away from the presumed source of its power.[break][break]

"drag it out of the lava."[break][break]

the order comes swiftly as STONE EDGES erupt in an attempt to lift the fish out of the lava. if only he knew the bait is about to take her first step into despair.[break][break]

"penny?"[break][break]

he looks around, finding her approaching the ledge.[break][break]

"penny!"[break][break]

but she doesn't stop. so he runs.[break][break]

"stay with moltres!"[break][break]

another pokeball cracks open, sending his urshifu to join golem as they stand protectively around moltres.[break][break]

he leaps, falling into the pit only to be caught by his charizard as they barrel down toward the councilwoman.[break][break]

closer and closer, they approach the lava.[break][break]

"fuck—!"[break][break]

but they catch her. somehow, as though the universe wills it, they catch her. he pulls her onto charizard's back before they glide, curving back up and out of the pit soon enough.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]