saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 11:12:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

stand down? stand down?[break][break]

"i'm doing this for the fucking world! for a region that doesn't give two shits about me! what are you fighting for except yourself? fucking tell me!"[break][break]

the returned HURRICANE whips back toward them with such intensity that it almost pushes them away. they hang on, resisting long enough for matias to tilt his head back to see how the fish is readying an attack.[break][break]

"fuck—go!"[break][break]

he lets go, setting his charizard loose to soar toward moltres. but the distance proves too wide to bridge in that short span of time. knowing it has no other choice, charizard roars as it sends out a HURRICANE. it slices into moltres, drawing a cry from it, but more importantly, it pushes it out of the way of the PAYBACK.[break][break]

after a moment of hesitation that could have proven fatal, he cracks a pokeball in his pocket, and from it forms a terrible DROUGHT as the land titan materializes.[break][break]

FINALLY
[break][break]

he slides down its head, back, and tail, landing roughly on the trembling ground.[break][break]

[break][break]

"get out of here, penny!"[break][break]

because he's not in control anymore.[break][break]

groudon lets loose a wave of PRECIPICE BLADES that look to impale everything in the vicinity.[break][break]

this is its domain. its home.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 14:29:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]THE MIND IS ITS OWN PLACE, AND IN ITSELF

[attr="class","setting"]

(No title)
The world? Hoenn?
[break][break]

At some point, that might've been enough to sway Penelope back toward moltres. Back toward the person she'd once knew. But now? She was an unstoppable calescent flame bursting at its seams.
[break][break]

"You don't know what you're talking about."
[break][break]

No one would.
[break][break]

"I'm doing this for Hoenn. For everyone."
[break][break]

Because she was alone. Bitter and alone.
[break][break]

"I thought you of all people would understand."
[break][break]

Then the world came to a crawl. In the intense lashings of her HURRICANE, Matias finally evoked the one card that was impossible dispute.
[break][break]

Groudon.
[break][break]

A torrent of seething envy ate away at her as she bared witness to the god brandishing its overwhelming strength. With one step, Mt Chimney seized with shudders. Lava pooled and spilled over its lip, trickling down its sides in ravines of molten death. Rocks rolled and thunder lashed the skies above.
[break][break]

There was no fighting against this. Not without terrible loss.
[break][break]

Before Groudon's blades could tear, Penelope returned Blaziken to its ball and began to inch further away, not wanting to be thrown out of place by the whirl of rising heat. It's in their momentary retreat, Penelope's eyes locked with the fish's one last time.
[break][break]

They were as blank as before - two plates of liquid black encircled in gems. But, somehow, this time, she'd felt more than the ripping pull of sweltering ENVY. She felt something different. Something deeper in the cinders left behind.
[break][break]

'I'll be back,' she wanted to call out to. 'I'm sorry.'
[break][break]

Clutching onto the neck of her draconic beast, they circled around one time, picking up speed.
[break][break]

For all that happened, her voice still found itself self rising up in her throat.
[break][break]

"Matias!"
[break][break]

HATRED shone in her gaze.. It clashed against the hues of another emotion left hidden away in the depths of her golden and red eyes.
[break][break]

"This isn't over."
[break][break]
Though, despite her words, the nose of her charizard dipped downward, sending them not too far from the elite four's side. She reached out an arm.
[Break][break]
[attr="class","header"]CAN MAKE HEAVEN OF HELL, A HELL OF HEAVEN.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] +

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#c13f41; --bgimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/e0Bx7sB.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 15:13:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

all around them, blobs of lava and chunks of debris fall, turning everything it lands on into nothing more than ash and soot. the orange-tinted skies darken as it brightens in a DROUGHT, foreboding an end they should have seen coming.[break][break]

as PRECIPICE BLADES tear away at the mountain, his pokemon converge back on him, somehow able to survive the onslaught of spikes of earth as groudon trudges through the lava.[break][break]

he recalls the urshifu, then peers up at as she approaches with an offered arm.[break][break]

in another world, perhaps they could have been happy. perhaps he could have taken her arm and flown off together to rest and recover.[break][break]

but in this world, the one she is working so hard to doom, they will find nothing but a rift between them.[break][break]

"i love you, too."[break][break]

her arm is ignored.[break][break]

he turns and mounts his charizard in one bit of movement before soaring up into the air. they swerve, ducking left and right to avoid chunks of earth and lava that continue to fly their way.[break][break]

a blinding streak of light catches his attention. it leaves the lava, traveling high up before curving away from the mountain. he tracks it for as long as he can before turning his attention back to the battle.[break][break]

cutting in front of moltres before it can get off a SKY ATTACK, he calls out to it.[break][break]

"we need to go! come with me, moltres! join me! fight with me!"[break][break]

he can feel the tug on his mind beginning to return. how he gravitates toward the land titan below him.[break][break]

"please! help me."[break][break]

in the mountain, groudon's PRECIPICE BLADES continue to wreak havoc, so much so that he loses sight of the fish in the midst of the chaos.[break][break]

groudon's ERUPTION is imminent.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 16:46:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Liar."
[break][break]
Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar. Liar.
[break][break]

For all that she did to work against herself — to finally place one foot forward for her own interests — she had allowed herself to be washed down by emotions so thoroughly unrequited.
[break][break]
He might've been her ruination, but she certainly wasn't his.
[break][break]

And, for that, frustrations built. Brick by brick, she could feel the howls of ENVY and HATRED crawl up her throat, searing it in whips of molten lava. It flushed her face in a deep scarlet red.
[break][break]

It was unfair. All of this was so unbelievably unfair.
[break][break]

For so long, he acted without a care for anyone around him, and now? Matias wanted to play the hero.
[break][break]

"Fine."
[break][break]

If he wanted a villain to fight against, then so be it.
[break][break]

A gust of wind pushed downward into the ground, propelling herself upward. In one grand arc, she streaked the sky, looking to loom overhead.
[break][break]

Penelope reached into her back pocket and clicked several poke balls to life.
[break][break]

Pelipper.
[break][break]

Altaria.
[break][break]

Staraptor.
[break][break]

Salamance.
[break][break]

The avians all roared to life and began weaving in and out of the line of raining rocks. To the occasional knick of lava, one might've yelp, but for the most part their movements differed little from Matias'.
[break][break]

"I'm sorry, Moltres."
[break][break]

Really, she was.
[break][break]

But wanted to play the tragic hero. And his story was nearing its end.
[break][break]

HYDRO PUMP poured onto the Groudon from the Pelipper, while Staraptor and Altaria crafted hurricanes to blow the Moltres further down toward the fish.
[break][break]

"Chi-yu!"
[break][break]

For the first time, the name was pulled out from her lips, as if it'd been lying dormant all of this time.
[break][break]

"Chi-Yu, now!"
[break][break]

There was no waiting for it's response. Salamance smeared on a SCARY FACE to cut both GROUDON and CHARIZARD's speed in half, all while Penelope swooped back downward, looking to take down ' charizard with her own. DRAGON CLAWS empowered her charizard's attempt to grapple.
[break][break]
Chi-yu's jaded eyes flashed once again, reactivating its BEADS OF RUIN. Then, for one last time, it casted out a sweeping RUINATION. Long tendrils of green-outlined black hands kicked out from the gurgling lava, looking to envelope everything and everyone. The attack added to the ERUPTION that stirred around them, as the pooling lava now poured outward in layers.
[break][break]

[Break][break]
RUINATION began striking the ground as well, creating rifts as it went, until the entire volcano became a living hell on earth, with magma oozing from every crevasse imaginable.
[break][break]

This was no longer just Groudon's domain. He had lost his claim to its throne when he left. And now, in the twilight hours, Chi-yu sought to claim it for himself.
[Break][break]

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#c13f41; --bgimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/e0Bx7sB.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 6:22:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]PARADISE LOST

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SPECIAL EVENT THREAD

MT. CHIMNEY

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1098832975782740018/poggggg_cano.mp3[/player][break]
Route 10 (Unova) - Pokémon Masters EX
[break][break]
THE VOLATILE AND THE COUNCILWOMAN clash by the sulfurous crater. With GROUDON'S HELP, the MOLTRES attempts to reclaim Mt. Crater for them both. After all, the fish is a foreign force. One that does not belong. And yet, unfamiliarity becomes its greatest strength. [break][break]

The unpredictability and disastrous power contained within its small piscene body is enough to cast the VICTINI WISP away from the mountain... and injure the newly resurrected MOLTRES. After a glance of gratitude toward , the MOLTRES departs. This is no act of surrender: just a temporary retreat. Like GROUDON, like ANY LEGENDARY, it senses a looming disaster coming in the horizon... and so, it departs to the skies once more, perhaps in search of its cousins.[break][break]

Acknowledging 's choice, the treasure of ruin calls upon her. Allows her to know its name: CHI-YU.[break][break]

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE BECKONED
[attr="class","chosen2"]
chi-yu has chosen , the coveted, as their avatar.[break][break]

penelope receives the following perks:
[break]

• penelope receives 10 infamy.
  • [break]

• penelope and her Pokemon are immune to the BURN CONDITION and high temperatures, fire, magma, and lava.
  • [break]

• penelope can manifest and intensify feelings of ENVY in others by being near or deploying a HYPNOTIC STARE, able to cause the effected to negatively project onto others, stir feelings of doubt and envy, etc. this power lessens the further her proximity from her targer. (REQ: RPER PERMISSION)
  • [break]

• when chi-yu is on the field, penelope can confer the DECOY battle status on one target at a time.[break][break]

targets with this status will be preferentially or forcibly attacked by allies and/or enemies. moves that target multiple enemies, such as Ominous Wind (but not moves like Magnitude which target both allies and enemies), will target only the decoy if possible.[break][break]

those who strike this enemy will receive the BURN condition.
  • [break]

• penelope can summon bubbles of lava. she can also attack with them to inflict the BURN condition.
  • [break]

• you may add chi-yu to your personal computer and choose its moves like a gachapon pokemon.

UPON CONFERRING ITS BOND TO PENELOPE, the Councilwoman may feel emboldened by her choice. After all, currying favor with the CHI-YU may help prevent the ruination. After all, the relationship between trainer and Pokemon is a special one. Can she convince this creature of ruin to avoid casting disaster upon this long suffered region?[break][break]

Commissioner , should she be enlightened, would rather take no chances of CHI-YU falling into Team Rocket's hands. Maintaining and overseeing the bond may allow her government to keep a close eye on the creature. To learn how it works... in order to change Hoenn's fate.

AFTERMATH

UPON CHI-YU'S CONFERRANCE OF POWER, would be struck with a sudden sense of unease in Petalburg. One that is summoned by coarse winds that carry dead leaves, scattering their husks across Petalburg Woods' lush grass.[break][break]

It beckons for her, having watched from afar for some time....
[break][break]

Eyewitness reports of a MOLTRES flying over Hoenn will reach , , , , and . Occasionally, it returns to Mt. Chimney to rest, but only stays a little while before departing again, crowing loudly in search.[break][break]

The VICTINI WISP escapes further ire, and can be searched for by GROUDON...

INSTRUCTIONS

Scarlet should create a thread detailing 's (and whoever she would like to invite; others should not ask to be invited) visit to Petalburg Woods. Once the thread has been made, please tag in a MOD REQUEST.[break][break]

A mod post will be made in a similar fashion to an EXPEDITION including prompts that will need to fulfill.[break][break]

The timeline of this event will be deliberated upon over time with Scarlet.

INSTRUCTIONS

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Feel free to roleplay the aftermath of this outcome.
  • Once you are done, feel free to MOD REQ for archival rewards.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,039 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 10:30:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"no!"[break][break]

is that it? all of the pain and fighting and protecting and pleading. do they all earn him a mere glance?[break][break]

"nonononononono—fuck you! don't fucking fly away from me you piece of shit!"[break][break]

against all odds, he had asked for help. he asked to be rescued and saved and for what? his only lifeline continues to fly away from him.[break][break]

his cry for help ignored.[break][break]

his descent into further madness allowed.[break][break]

"—fine! fine. i'll be fucking fine."[break][break]

the roar from below draws his attention.[break][break]

"we will be."[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 5:15:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Dragon claws pierced the neck of its mirrored brother, sending them both flying back toward the ground, crashing in a splash of crusted rock. An indent marked their crash, but while MATIAS SILPH wandered off, blinded by the lost of his phoenix, Penelope's mind felt itself tugged. Beckoned.
[break][break]
"?"
[break][break]

Left in stilled water, far away from its origin, the councilwoman felt the whirl of a vortex. It sucked at her irresistibly, like instincts vying throughout her system, quaking for the moment to lunge. Slowly, she gave in to it's yearning. Slowly, she turned to its inescapable grasp.
[break][break]

There, in an iridescent flame, marking colors of new and old, the fish emerged victorious, unharmed by neither the childish cries of the titan before it, nor the retreating flicker of dying candlelight.
[break][break]

CHI-YU
[break][break]

The name seared its place across her entire essence.
[break][break]

She stepped toward it and the fulfilled promises that whispered between the wash of dangerous winds. Its echoing resonance shuddered down her spine, staking its claim to more than just the soul.
[break][break]

It is then another LAVA PLUME spewed out from the stomach of the volcano, rolling and spilling down its sides, with no regard to what laid in its path. Penelope did not move. She did not allow a muscle to twitch out of place.
[break][break]

Stilled and silent, she only stared back at the emblem of division.
[break][break]
 [break][break]
Magma began to slip down around her, enveloping her ankles in its embittered storm of fire and brimstone. No matter how many layers were built around her, no harm came upon the coveted. For she had answered its call, and all who did was meant for the showers of reward.
[break][break]

"Chi-yu."
[break][break]

Smoldering fires leaked out from her lips. With one flick of a finger, a bubble magma burst all around her, joining with the rest of the packed layers down below. Another flick pushed the ENVY forward, until the fish was merely a foot away.
[break][break]

She reached for it. She reached for the jade.
[break][break]

Then, all at once, the world was reduced to ashes. There was only darkness, shadows, and the sweeping abyss that followed.
[break][break]

Penelope tried to speak, but only gurgles of muffled silence came out. It warned her of trying again. So, she waited instead, allowing colors to take the form of shapes and shapes to steal the form of structures.
[break][break]

Dreams manifested into reality. Details carved the haze of soot and ash, starting off with the peaks of mt chimney, then finishing with the lushness of the surrounding woodland. Deep reds and warm oranges marked its familiar radiance, filling gaps that mimicked the very ground below her feet.
[break][break]

Then, in the midst of the smoke, a vision strung together two familiar faces hidden between the crumbled rocks and crusted lava. One laid on the ground, battered and bloodied, hands sprawled out wide open. The other kept to its side, standing. They loomed over the other, face hidden behind a curtain of red. The same curtain that framed her own cheeks.
[break][break]
 [break][break]

She blinked again and the vision changed. No longer were those two silhouettes alone. Now, littered all around them were the ravaged bodies of trainer and Pokémon alike. Some took to the rocks, their pointed tips piercing the torn skin of these unsung bodies, while others were found skewered on stakes along the volcano's path. Their bodies weren't as physical as the originals; theirs held a note of transparency. As if one gust of wind would be enough to wipe their existence from this world entirely. They were echos of lives stolen far too fast, and far too viciously.
[break][break]

She blinked again and the world returned to its natural melody.
[break][break]

And, all at once, it came rushing through her fingertips to the very marrow of her bones. This howling ENVY that left her insides mangled and twisted, that left her outsides crumble into a hunched pit of disaster. The twilight crackled up above and change rumbled deep inside her. She forced a deep breathe in. The magma around her lived, she lived, her hunger lived; it was only who died.
[break][break]
 [break][break]

"Face it, . It's done."
[break][break]

Her voice was unrecognizable.
[break][break]

Unfurling from the ball she'd succumbed to, the coveted looked back at him, eyes wide and wild in their intrinsic glow. Magma now consumed her, kissing thighs and stomach, and flames nipped at the ends of her hair.
[break][break]

"You lost."
[break][break]

The bond had been forged.
[Break][break]

[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PARADISE LOST
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 22:46:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]QUEST COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: