Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 18:53:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

PostDormitum Mission: Comms, ft.

Why was it that when they were most needed, communications always fell?

A young man flew through the bizarre ocean that was the Ultra Deep sea. After several deadly encounters, innumerable loss of life, and a thoroughly ruined uniform, his paranoia was at an all time high.

As he spied what seemed to be a battle weary league base, the youth forced himself to swallow his second thoughts and tapped his Dragonite's side, prompting the pokemon to descend before they could be spotted.

It was one of the bases in charge of handling communications, the one he was approaching. The fact that communications had been down for quite sometime now suggested it had been taken down for some time.

The silence and lack of movement around the base however made him tense. It would only make sense for others to have attempted to fix communications before him, yet, none had seemingly accomplished it.

Should he really try it alone...?
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 19:43:18 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Through fighting a lot more Rockets at Dewford Town after the ranger captain left her to do some other work, she had flew in with her Noivern to one of the communications bases across the weird Ultra Deep Sea for a break off the fighting between the league and TR. Among losing to the suited man, having to fight Rockets in Dewford Town, and feeling like she wasn’t a good battler with her losses outweighing wins, she had to get stronger with some training if she wanted to not lose.[break][break]

Finding another young man had come there before her as Minerva descends near the front of the battle-weary league base used for communications, the Noivern lowers her body to let her trainer hop off. Hopping off the back of the bat-like wyvern, Elise spoke to the young man with a little sigh. “I’d expect the fighting will end soon and I’m more weary over my share of picking up the big task Ollie wanted me to do in fighting those Rockets.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 20:18:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

He really shouldn't have made a habit of just standing out in the open thinking to himself, he realized as he saw a shadow sweep from above, his legs shifting under him in preparation for a confrontation as his eyes snapped up.

Mercifully, it wasn't a rocket here to deal with a careless leaguer, but a leaguer he didn't know. Had she been assigned the same mission as him, or was she here on her own initiative...? Lots of loose cannons in the mission crew, he had come to realize.

Then again, few could ever hope to be as anal about the rules as a soldier, he supposed.

As the other woman spoke, he merely blinked; she certainly jumped right into the matter of things, skipping introductions entirely.

No can do— He liked to know who he was working with: if only to properly distribute accolades and/or fault later.

"... So Captain Morales sent you?" He said summarized shortly, tipping his cap her way. He hadn't seen since they got separated while fleeing from the Interdream zone. One second he was riding astride the man's Wyrdeer, the next he was face planting onto a puddle elsewhere, completely alone.

Fuck the Interdream zone; all of his besties hated the Interdream zone.

"'Fraid that we ain't gonna be gettin' a break, ma'am. I suspect Rocket has occupied that communications' base." He said, pointing at the structure before turning back to the woman. "In any case— I am Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan; I've been given the mission of re-activating this sector's communications."

Meaning he had to clear the base of any rocket presence and wrangle everything inside to work.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 21:32:28 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Well, it probably was amiss that she didn’t get to an introduction than going straight to the business with the communications base, but this young man spoke of not having a break over the fighting between the league and the rockets since there was information to be protected. “Yes, Captain Morales has sent me for this task after I’ve dealt with the Rockets like he told me to, but I understand there will be no breaks given that your suspicion about the base might be correct.” She replied to the dark-haired male with a nod though she wished she was back at Amor’s home to rest.[break][break]

“I didn’t realize I…jumped the gun as they say without giving a proper introduction, how careless of me. My name is Elise, but I’d also like to be treated on equal standing than having people be intimidated of my royal status in Galar.” She bowed her head in polite greeting to Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan since she would be going along with him to investigate whether the base was occupied by the Rockets.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 21:45:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

Her royal status in Galar?

"Ah. You're related to Prince ?" He said, briefly considering if he should really bring her along. Would it cause an international incident if a member of the royal family was injured helping out the Hoenn Government...?

Eh. She wanted to be treated as an equal. She was already here and he wasn't about to go at it alone on a mission with such a high mortality rate, so...

"Awrighty', understood. Let's go, m'lady." He said with a nod, fixing up his cap before beginning to advance towards the base, expecting her to be following behind him.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 22:41:09 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

When the lieutenant colonel asks if she was related to Prince , the dark magenta-haired woman gives him a nod. “I’m related to him as his younger cousin if that answers much of your question.” While he was the only one a bit close with her when they had their family reunions, Sabine was the most difficult to make friends with and his twin brother appeared to be detached in his own studies. Remiel himself had to bear the burden of being the heir which took a lot from his energy and time to worry more about Galar. [break][break]

The prince wasn’t the type to care so much on being the heir since he dug his nose into archaeologic studies which was something Remy was interested in more. “I’ll follow you then, Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan.” Elise replies clearly while returning her Noivern inside her Pokeball in case the flying bat-like wyvern was needed and following after the dark-haired young man towards the base.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 23:01:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

With ally in tow, the soldier crouched behind some coral formations and palmed a net ball, releasing an Orbeetle besides him. He shared a look with the bug-type, before nodding at it.

The pokemon's gaze shone as it expanded its senses, attempting to see what laid beyond the walls of the seemingly abandoned base. After several moments of waiting, it suddenly turned towards Doug, gaze unreadable.

"Something's interferring with your senses?" He mumbled, cupping his chin in thought as he frowned. "Well... either way, it means there's definitely something in there."

The Orbeetle nodded, before being returned to its ball. Turning his gaze back to Elise, Doug gestured with his neck towards the base, pointing a finger towards a pokeball before shifting it to hover in front his lips.

Turning around, he crouched low and began to move stealthily towards the base.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 1:47:47 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Since the soldier was doing his best not to be seen in the coral formations, she did her best to camouflage herself in the formation while the young man has his Pokemon do the scouting for them with the Orbeetle’s psychic ability to sense its surroundings. After the bug type finishes using its psychic powers, the royal does as he gestured for her to do and sends out Sabrina the shiny Delphox to help deal with whatever the Orbeetle sensed.[break][break]

If this was one of those Rockets that took over the league’s base for communications and would prevent them from coming inside, there would be a world of hurt waiting for them. Both trainer and Pokemon would move stealthily along with the soldier and his bug towards the base.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 14:08:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

With the princess following behind, a Delphox in tow, the youth felt a bit more confident as they got closer to the outer wall of the base. Pressed tight against it, the youth youth released an Accelgor and another Orbeetle a moment later, nodding at the ninja and receiving one in return.

The speedier pokemon of the two briefly disappeared from sight, whilst the Orbeetle's eyes glowed blue as it connected its telepathy with the other pokemon.

Several moments passed, before the Orbeetle slowly turned towards them and nodded. In turn, Doug turned his gaze over to Elise and nodded silently, before gesturing for her to follow him.

Without warning, the Orbeetle began to levitate its trainer over the wall, trusting the Delphox to do the same for her own. They landed on the other side and immediately darted behind some construction material; the base must've been undergoing expansion of its installations before this whole kerfuffle.

Doug turned his gaze over to Elise, mouthing words her way.

'Side. Entrance.'
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 16:01:02 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Both the royal and her Delphox followed after the stealthy soldier as he releases his Accelgor and stays near the outer wall of the base while the ninja-like bug scouts for them, vanishing like its inspiration. Waiting a few more minutes as the Orbeetle nods at its trainer in a little affirmation that everything appeared to be clear, Elise and Sabrina moved with Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan before the psychic beetle levitates its trainer over the wall. [break][break]

The shiny Delphox uses Psychic to levitate her own trainer over the wall too and gently drops her on the other side with the fox joining after her after the Delphox drops down. Seeing the lieutenant colonel dart behind the construction material and mouth some words to her over wanting her to hide near the side of the entrance, Elise would dart near the side of the entrance with Sabrina being behind her.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 16:36:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

He gave the princess a thumbs up as she approached the side entrance, before taking in a deep breath and glancing over at the Orbeetle besides him. It's eyes briefly glowed as it communicated with the Accelgor inside, before the youth nodded to himself.

The princess was ready at the side entrance— he just needed to make enough noise to distract as many rockets from her as possible. And with that in mind—!

"Let's do this, Guwa." The youth said after a deep breath , throwing a pokeball high in the air as he slowly stepped out of cover, his Orbeetle behind him.

His Pinsir landed at the center of the base before being joined in by the youth. For a brief moment, nothing seemed to happen— and then, the Orbeetle's eyes gleamed as construction material rose in the air, iron bars and steel sheets, flying forth and ramming through quickly made plaster walls.

With that greeting, it wasn't long before a couple of pokemon began to filter out of the base, followed slowly by rockets. Doug didn't know who was in charge, but he figured it didn't matter.

Just needed to keep them all busy until got the communications up and running again.

He let his keystone shine, mega evolving the Pinsir into its flight capable self.

Halting behind the now half-flying type pokemon, the youth's Z-crystal came alive, blindingly bright with power as it all channeled into the Pinsir, which launched high into the sky.

Z-move

Supersonic Skystrike!

The Mega Pinsir launched high into the Ultra Sea's skyline before U-turning back towards the ground below, it's body cackling with energy as it crashed into the enemy, upheaved soil rising through the air in blocks of foundational stone and dirt and sending rockets flying.

He hoped the princess was doing her part quickly.
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 17:39:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Waiting near the side of the entrance as the lieutenant colonel tells her to, the Delphox kept at her trainer’s side as the noise coming from the Pinsir doing its distraction with its Z-move distracted the black clothed Rockets long enough that the royal slips inside without being noticed. Sabrina the shiny Delphox acted as her trainer’s bodyguard, so that they could do their part to fix the sector’s communications and get it running.[break][break]

She uses the time of the distraction to quickly find the switch to re-activate the sector’s communications and flips it up with the shiny Delphox going in to usher the woman out to meet back up with the lieutenant colonel and his group of bug type Pokemon. Elise signals to the younger guy that the communications were fixed on her end and gives him a thumbs up once she has come out and tries to not alert the Rockets that were looking around for the source of the noise, moving a little in the dark to reach where the soldier was.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 19:50:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

He saw the princess slip into the base and felt brief relief. He could only hope she could handle whichever rockets hadn't bothered coming outside.

For his part, he wasn't having a lot of fun. After putting the base on high alert, he found out why the communications had taken this long to be fixed; these were a lot of motherfuckers.

"Freaking— Don't focus on one, just go big!" Screamed the youth as he chucked out poison barbs in a wide arc before him, letting them fall wherever they might. Two of his pokemon were airborne and the other one wouldn't be caught dead stepping on a trap, he would be fine... probably.

Seeing as his Orbeetle nearby, the youth sneakily deployed his personal Psychic Terrain behind the beetle, before ordering it to utilize expanding force—

He almost jumped out of his skin when he noticed the princess coming out of the base, eyes growing wide. One tap onto his comms proved that, indeed, league communications had been temporarily restored in that Ultra Deep Sea sector.

Now they just needed to win this and beat off every rocket to prevent them from going down again. Clicking onto his comms, the youth said to Elise.

"Check the installations for prisoners and free them if you find any— could use a little help!"

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 20:42:16 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With the shiny Delphox helping to fend off the Pokemon sent out by the Rockets as some were chasing after the woman and her Pokemon in the dark, there were a little too many of those bastards for the shiny mage fox to do the battling by herself. “Got it, I’ll go see if there is prisoners in the installations and free them for some back up help, Lieutenant Colonel Sullivan.” She spoke to the soldier in her comms and sends out Sayori and Agravain where the Ceruledge would go with her for protection over to freeing the prisoners while the Absol helps Sabrina with back-up.[break][break]

Agravain follows after his charge as the ghost knight Pokemon slashes away at any other pursuing Pokemon with Shadow Claw before they would reach one installation near the base and saw prisoners behind the iron bars. “I’ll free you in a moment.” The royal tells them and turns to the Ceruledge. “Use Bitter Blade and cut open the bars.” With a swing of its blade covered in flames, the bars were sliced open for each of the prisoners that were captured along with going to another and freeing some of the other prisoners the same way.[break][break]

Returning back to where Sayori and Sabrina were fending off the other Pokemon sent by the Rockets, the two female Pokemon and the soldier were getting the aid from the other formerly imprisoned league members and their Pokemon as Agravain joined the battle in showing off his strength to beat back the much stronger Pokemon that his two other female teammates couldn’t take.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Messenger [PD - Mission]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 21:04:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Messenger

Once again, the princess darted back into the base, leaving behind her own pokemon to assist him in fending off the rockets. With the extra muscle, there was a little more room to breath and consider tactics beyond 'blast everything that moves as hard as possible'.

Swiping his hand across the air as he ran, the youth threw dozens of poison barbs onto the ground as he sprinted across the field, one hand making use of every resource given to him by the league, the other set in a finger gun, shooting healing scales at his pokemon and the princess' whenever his Orbeetle's alarm rang in the back of his head.

He got more than a few scuffles and ruffles in the process, but he tried to not let it get to him too much; if he had learned anything today, it was that regardless of pain, he was at least durable.

Fortunately, he would not have to put his pain tolerance to the test again to win this; once again, came through, her team powerhouse joining the battle royale alongside several other pokemon and members of the league.

Presumably, what remained of the Comms' operators...

Great.

"All injured personnel, proceed advance towards the Orbeetle in the outer edges of the walls!" He instructed, preparing himself to heal a bunch of folk. "Everyone else, time to wrap this up!"