Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
The Blind Leading the Blind [C]
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 15:58:48 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

Eyes slowly opening he turned his head in the direction he knew Yuki was. The alonan vulpix had been trying to get his attention for the past fifteen minutes but having not slept well the night before he had been taking a nap. ”Okay, okay I’m up,” he huffed swinging his legs over the side of the bed so he was sitting on the bed instead of laying down.
[break][break]
”You want to go for a walk? Is that what it is?” he asked rhetorically because it wasn’t like she would answer back. However he knew his Pokémon enough to figure out what she wanted. And usually when she bothered him this much it was because she wanted to be outside. He knew deep down she wanted to just run around but she always remained by his side so he wouldn’t have to track her down.
[break][break]
Finally getting up he bustled around his home getting ready the day. Getting finished in what he felt was record time he grabbed his cane and left his home with Yuki following at his heels. As he walked he considered what they could do.
[break][break]
There was one of two things they could do. Him and Yuki could just enjoy a walk or they could get some shopping done. A few of the items in the restaurant were running low so it was probably best to attend to that as soon as possible. Didn’t want to risk running out when they had patrons after all.
[break][break]
Letting out a sigh he began to make his way towards the department store with Yuki obediently following after him. Well just better to get it done and over with. Reaching the department store he pulled the door open continuing to hold it open when he heard someone approaching.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this works if something needs to change let me know

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 0:00:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Living with wasn't a bad time. Most days.

Melody didn't stock her fridge with much, and one could only eat omelets so often before getting sick of them. Takeout was nice, but he didn't always want to wait for someone to deliver food - especially when he couldn't be the one picking it up (he was supposed to keep his presence there a secret).

So the most obvious solution was to get some ingredients and try out some new recipes. Easy enough, and he already had stuff he wanted to do in Lilycove, so getting groceries would just be another line on the list.

Finding a decent grocery store wouldn't be hard: even if he wasn't familiar with Lilycove, his Beheeyem could point them out for him, and even follow directions decently well. Telepathy was great for that, but this one was just that well-trained.

They eventually settled on one store. Someone else was ahead of him, but the guy held the door open for him. "Thanks," Hideo said, nodding as he walked inside.

Actually, since that guy was there…

"Hey, you know where the flour is in here?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 3:39:09 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The kid if he was right from how the voice sounded thanked him. Though he wasn’t really sure why. What was he supposed to do allow the door to shut in his face? Sure he might be a bit prickly at times but he at least tried not to be a jerk. He wasn’t prickly on purpose he had always been fairly reserved so it had allowed him to become prickly at times.
[break][break]
”I just did what any person should do,” he said as he allowed the door to fall shut behind them. Hearing the younger boys question he tilted his head to side as he considered father or not he needed flour. He knew where it was but if he needed it he could just show him instead of trying to give directions. Because quite frankly he was horrible when it came to giving directions.
[break][break]
It didn’t take much thought to realize he did need flour. ”Yes I need flour as well so you can follow me. I’m terrible with giving directions, I can follow them just not give them,” he told the younger male as he made his way towards where the flour was kept.
[break][break]
Luckily most of the cooking ingredients were on the first floor, so he wouldn’t have to deal with using the stairs with his cane. And he was much too stubborn to use the elevator. Besides he wasn’t particularly fond of elevators, there was just something about being enclosed In a small square room he didn’t like. Especially if it was filled with other people.
[break][break]
Reaching the aisle with the flour he came to a halt. ”Here we are,” he said turning to face the younger male. ”You know what kind you need?” he asked leaning his cane against the shelf. [break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + apparently had flowers on the brain because I kept wanting to say flower instead of flour

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:27:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo simply nodded. He would've done the same if he was the one that got there first - provided he knew there was someone right behind him. Or maybe his Beheeyem would've.

Either way, the man offered to help him. "Yeah, I kinda suck at giving directions too," Hideo joked, "and it's easier to follow someone than follow directions. Lead the way." It was part of why he always had a Pokemon out - to help guide him along.

That his Beheeyem was so good at it was in part due to experience - another part just being a smart Pokemon.

It didn't take long to get there, though along the way, he could hear a very familiar tapping sound. It sounded similar to the cane he used to use.

He waited until they reached their destination to ask anything, but the man's question came first. His answer was quick and succinct: "There are different types of flour?"

While he could consider himself a pretty decent cook, finer details were still beyond him. "I guess, uh, general-use flour? I don't plan to use it for anything specific, but it'll be handy to have around if I want to make something."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 4:04:23 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Yes there’s all purpose flour, rice flour, self-rising flour, among others,” he told the younger male. Being a chef he had learned all this even if he didn’t use most of them. He just used all purpose flour. That worked well enough and gave him less to keep up with as well.
[break][break]
”I’m a chef that’s how I know all that stuff, I see little point in most of it though. It’s easier just to use all-purpose flour. From what you’ve said that’s what I would recommend as the name suggest it doesn’t really matter what you use that flour for,” he explained shrugging his shoulders.
[break][break]
While he was talking his Alonan Vulpix had gone over to Hideo’s Beheeyem and let out cry to get the other Pokémon’s attention. ”Yuki, don’t be bothering anyone,” he told the ice-type knowing she was just feeling ignored because he was paying attention to the younger male. Speaking of it suddenly occurred that he didn’t even know the younger males name.
[break][break]
The realization had him flushing in embarrassment. ”It seems my manners have escaped me, my names Shinobu Fujimori but Shin works as well. And as you’ve probably guessed the Pokémon with me is Yuki. Doesn’t like feeling ignored so she tries to get attention when she feels she’s being ignored,” he explained with a fond chuckle. [break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 0:17:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Oh." He really had just thought there was only one type of flour - the kind you made from wheat. He didn't know there was any made from rice, or that some flour could rise on its own. "Well, good to know I could get some advice from a proper chef. I guess some recipes really need flour to do half the work, but all-purpose is fine for me."

Hideo could hear a cry come from the man's Pokemon; he could recognize the cry of an Alolan Vulpix after hearing his own's so often. "Sounds like your Vulpix wants something?" he wondered.

His Beheeyem only took a moment to look at the Vulpix, Telepathically asking it what it needed before looking back to Hideo, so see if the boy needed any help.

"It's alright," Hideo reassured the man, "I got a lot of Pokemon that're like that, though they aren't gonna get much from Elga. He's focused on guiding me around."

It took him a moment to realize he'd also yet to introduce himself. "Oh, right. I'm Hideo Kino." His introduction wasn't nearly as eloquent as the one he'd received, but it worked for him. "Think maybe holding her would help? Usually calms mine down for a bit. Shouldn't be hard to shop while holding one."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 6:18:14 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Yeah all purpose is what I use. It’s the most versatile, so it’s just easier to use it for whatever I may need,” he said nodding in agreement. It’s not like he used flour an excessive amount anyway. He used it the most to bread chicken put it little seasoning in the flour and used it as a breading for chicken and it did wonders.
[break][break]
Hearing his response he explained why Yuki was acting the way she was. Or so he assumed anyway. Wait guide around? The boy was blind? What were the odds that he would run into another blind person. This would be the first time meeting another blind person.
[break][break]
”You’re blind?” he inquired before continuing. ”I’m blind as well, going on three years. Apparently taking a baseball to head will do that for you,” he explained frowning slightly. He still didn’t really remember that day or well playing the game, the last thing he remembers of that day was agreeing to play a game of baseball. Then a few days later he’s waking up in the hospital.
[break][break]
The younger males voice pulled him out of his thoughts and he shook his head to clear away the thoughts. ”Nice to meet you, Hideo,” he said before calling Yuki over to him. He picked her up before allowing her to clamber onto his shoulder. ”You’re lucky you’re not real heavy or you wouldn’t be able to ride on my shoulder,” he told the alonan vulpix.
[break][break]
”I’ll just have her ride on my shoulder, don’t want her tripping anyone up,” he said as he grabbed the bags of flour in one arm before grabbing his cane with his free hand.[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 13:53:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Yeah, I'm better off with something flexible than specialty stuff." His Beheeyem looked over the flour bags, floating around to find the all-purpose bags. Once it found one - and deemed it too high for Hideo to reach on his own - it Psychically carried it down to the boy, depositing it in his arms.

Hideo's head tilted slightly at the man's question. "Yup," was his immediate answer. He didn't try to hide it, but there wasn't much reason for him to bring it up, though it was quickly apparent why Shinobu brought it up.

"Oh, you lost yours? That sucks." There was genuine pity in his voice. "I could never see in the first place. Born this way 'cause an optic nerve malformation." He pointed in the vague direction of where he thought his optic nerve was supposed to be, despite the futility of the gesture. "Neat to meet another blind person, though. Not like we have an easy time finding each other, right?"

He grinned, exhaling a bit out of his nose from that little joke. At least he'd find it funny. "Had a hunch you were blind when I heard you tapping your cane like that. I use mine when I don't got a Pokemon like Elga here around to guide me."

His hand reached over to pat his Beheeyem on the head, the Pokemon guiding his hand so he'd find the right spot to pat.

"Used to have him on my shoulders like you got your Vulpix, back when he was an Elgyem. He's too big for that now."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 16:52:44 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

So he was right he was blind. To be honest he had just been assuming since he had mentioned needed to be guided around. He could tell that Hideo probably didn’t understand why he had brought it up so he decided to explain himself a bit telling the younger teen about his own lack of vision.
[break][break]
”It’s not so bad, despite it only being three years I’m already starting to forget what it was like to see,” he told the younger male. He did wonder why he was forgetting. There was a chance it was just a common occurrence for someone who had lost one of their senses. But he had always thought it was something that would happen if he had been younger when losing his vision.
[break][break]
So the younger male was born blind. He felt that was worse. But that was his opinion. ”That must have been hard,” he commented his thoughts straying to his sister. He supposed she had been born with the cancer sleeping within her. To some extent he was lucky to have been been born with a condition that hadn’t ended his life. His sister hadn’t been that lucky.
[break][break]
Hearing his joke he couldn’t help but chuckle. ”Definitely! And totally a coincidence that I’m blind and leading another blind person around,” he commented as he thought about that phrase the blind leading the blind. He was pretty sure it was just suppose to be a figure of speech and not taken literally.
[break][break]
Ah yes his cane. Sense he didn’t have a guide Pokémon he had to use a cane. ”Yeah the only one of my Pokémon that would probably be able to guide me around efficiently would probably be Venus, however she’s a Serperior and wouldn’t do so well in a building, not to mention I don’t think the owners would be to pleased if I took a Seperior into their stores.”
[break][break]
That made since Beheeyem was a pretty heavy Pokémon. ”Yuki isn’t to heavy yet, but she definitely won’t be able to do this when she evolves,” he explained holding the floor with one arm while he stroked Yuki a bit with his free hand.
[break][break]
Once he had done that he grabbed his cane, with his now free hand, from where it was still leaning against the shelf. ”Do you need anything else from around here?” he inquired wondering if he needed to do more shopping.[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 11, 2023 22:51:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo shrugged at Shinobu's pity. "Eh, it's just how things are for me," he said, "I'd honestly feel worse about having sight and then losing it. I hear when that happens, you can still dream with sight." A cruel reminder of what was lost was worse than never having it in the first place.

He nodded along as Shinobu talked about his Pokemon. "Yeah, I could see that being a problem. I guess if you want some advice from a fellow blind-y: Psychic Pokemon are great for support. Elga here's a Beheeyem, and he's got Telepathy, so he can kinda communicate with me. It's not always clear, but he gets the point across most of the time."

Another pat on the head for his Beheeyem. "Gardevoir-line's also pretty good too. A Ralts fits on your shoulder nicely, but a Gardevoir can do a lot for you."

Advice aside, he couldn't forget his whole reason for being here. "Right. I guess we could get some sugar too. And salt. Any other ideas what ingredients would be nice to have if I want to make something on a whim?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 19:00:53 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”I don’t really remember my dreams. Guess I don’t dream crazy enough dreams,” he commented, the last part said jokingly. He had once heard his aunt say she only remembered her crazy dreams. Perhaps it was the same way with him. And he would only remember the dream if it was a crazy one.
[break][break]
There was one downside to the whole thing though. He hadn’t been lying when he said he was starting to forget what it was like to see. The redhead was already starting to forget what his sister looked like. He knew enough to know that they could’ve passed for twins so he knew she had looked like him.
[break][break]
The younger teens voice pulled him from his thoughts. That made sense. ”I should probably catch one then. I don’t mind using a cane but it can get in the way of certain activities,” he said with a small shrug.
[break][break]
He had a point there. And the facts Ralts could read emotions helped. The problem was he probably wouldn’t keep it as a Ralts. But Gardevoir was a helpful Pokémon as well. Trading being able to sense emotions for being able to see the future. Both of them had their benefits.
[break][break]
That was a bit of a tricky question. But he supposed he would answer to his best ability. ”Onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, parsley, basil, rosemary, and sage are always good to have on hand. Those herbs can be used in a number of dishes and have health benefits. Some people use basil in tea but I’d rather have lavender tea if it’s herbal tea,” he told the younger teenager.
[break][break]
”Some people say chili powder is good to have on hand as well but I made my own. I also like to keep crushed red peppers on hand, it’s a good way to add heat to something you’re eating.”[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 19:15:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Guess that might make it a bit easier to adjust to." It didn't diminish all the pity Hideo had for Shinobu's loss, but it did mitigate it at least somewhat. "Well, sounds like you're adjusting pretty well already. I never had to adjust; this has just been what my entire life's been like."

At that point, to him, sight was just a neat thing to have, but not a necessity. Like being able to fly, or having psychic powers. "You'll eventually get how to balance between using a cane and having both hands available, but a Ralts or a Gardevoir is handy too! Same goes for Kirlia, though that one's kinda in the middle between ability and portability."

Hard to fit a Kirlia on your shoulder.

As for ingredients, the list was honestly kind of daunting. "That's a lotta stuff," Hideo commented. "I think I'd have to teach my Pokemon how to differentiate between them all. And that's before I learn how to use them right."

His decent knowledge of cooking was only that: decent. Not much use carrying around spices when he was camping outside. "Think you could, uh, condense that list a bit?"

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 14:45:04 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Guess both sides will feel like the others had it worse,” he stated before realizing that aside from knowing he was blind he wasn’t sure if he had suffered any hardships. ”In regards to disability I mean,” he blushing a bit about how awkward that probably sounded.
[break][break]
He supposed he was right. And he knew in part it was because in Unova he hadn’t gotten out much after losing his sight. Wallowing in self-pity because he felt his life was crashing down around him. What with him losing his sister and then going blind soon after. He had been bitter and angry at the time.
[break][break]
Now he regretted not at least trying to get the hang of being blind before he had gotten into cooking. But he supposed there was no helping it now. ”Yeah, didn’t try and get use to being blind right away. But a Pokémon of the ralts line would be helpful. Actually as long as it was a Pokémon that could guide me around I would be content.”
[break][break]
He loved all Pokémon and to him all Pokémon had their uses. So if a Pokémon could guide him around telepathy or no telepathy he would be happy. The others voice pulled him out of his thoughts and he felt his face heat up. He supposed he had a point. But that was actually already a pretty condensed list.
[break][break]
Oh well he would make it easier on the younger teen. ”Hmmm how about for now you start out with pepper and parsley. Parsley goes good in a variety of dishes. I especially like it in potatoes but it goes good in soups or you could get creative with it, parsley is something that could probably go in anything if you could figure out how to make it work in a certain dish,” he explained.
[break][break]
Though the fact he did have to use his Pokémon did make him curious. He guessed his hearing and sense of smell weren’t enhanced due to being born blind than. ”I can actually differentiate between different seasonings and ingredients from scent. After losing my sight my sense of smell and hearing enhanced, I guess to make up for losing on of my senses.”[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,447 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 18:04:21 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo merely shrugged. "Guess so." Didn't change how he felt, but he didn't see much use arguing about it. He wasn't here to cause an argument with anyone.

"Psychic-types in general are good at that kind of stuff…though I might just be saying that 'cause I got so many of them. Lycanrocs are also pretty good, and so are Ambipoms." Those recommendations were also biased, on account of him having those two for so long. "Generally anything that's good at communicating, or just getting stuff for you. And aren't too hard to train up."

Advocacy for his favorite types done, it was back to ingredient-hunting.

"Pepper and Parsley are definitely easier to keep track of. And tell apart." Even if the smells were subtle, the former would make him sneeze if he tried sniffing it. And as far as he could recall, pepper was black while parsley was green - easy for his Pokemon to differentiate. "Could probably grab some potatoes too. Those are easy enough to cook with; made more than enough stews with those."

A mainstay of his diet when he was living in his camp.

"I hear that does happen with people that lose their sight, or other senses. I've been told my own senses are more sensitive and acute than others'." Whether they were stronger or he was just better with them because he had to rely on them more was another question altogether.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
149 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 6:09:20 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”I currently have no psychic types, to be honest I haven’t really gone out to catch Pokémon since I lost my eyesight. I kind of threw myself into learning how to cook gave me something to focus on instead of my sisters de….I mean losing my eyesight,” he quickly corrected himself having got a bit caught up in the moment.
[break][break]
He decided to quickly move on before he could push him about what he had been about to say. ”I wouldn’t mind a canine Pokémon though. I’ve always wanted a Manectric, I think a Manectric would make a good guide pokemon,” he said adopting a pensive look.
[break][break]
Yeah they were. Especially when it came to scent. He saw no need to say anything until he brought up potatoes. ”Something that’s really good is using canned potatoes and butter and parsley and cook it in the microwave. You should melt the butter first though since the parsley would just stick to the butter. It’s something that doesn’t take long to make and it’s really good, especially if you melt parmesan cheese over it.”
[break][break]
Sometimes if he was to worn out at the end of the day to make something fancy he would just make make that. It wasn’t exactly fancy but it tasted good. And all that really mattered was that it tasted good. And it was real simple to make. It wasn’t something that used a lot of ingredients or took hours to make. At most it would probably take fifteen minutes.
[break][break]
”Probably some kind of survival mechanism. It’s our way of adapting so we can survive better. That’s the only thing I can think of. It can be hard when there’s a lot of noise though or a lot of perfume,” he said shuddering at the memory of the first time he had suffered a sensory overload.[break]