Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:21:37 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"So," she began, crimson eyes alight with intrigue. "You are hunting Moltres."[break][break]
She stared across the office desk at Admin , a man she had come to respect but still did not know particularly well. He was a striking figure, with sleek midnight hair and keen eyes like sapphires. It struck her as rather poetic that a man who initially felt like ice was seeking a God of fire. When he smiled, however, there was a warmth to his eyes that seemed to melt the permafrost of his professional demeanor; she knew he was involved in the media, his voice a honeyed promise of secrets hidden beneath the surface of a charming smile.[break][break]
How many times had he remade himself, reworked his masks, risen to new heights?[break][break]
"I support this effort. Rocket needs as many Avatars as we can wrangle, given the instability of our world as of late."[break][break]
Behind Nomi, an Unown-K hovered watchfully - perhaps even protectively - its singular eye fixated on Barnaby. Nomi was unbothered by its presence, but many who visited her office found it unnerving.[break][break]
"I assume you've come to me due to my affiliation with SPECTRA? Or perhaps you simply need a scientist's expertise. In any case: what can I do to help?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social: Barnaby's Search for Moltres[break]
Nomi's Outfit Inspiration

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 1:23:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

"I am."[break][break]

Legs crossed, hands folded atop his knee, regarded with a pleasant smile. [break][break]

Though he hadn't spent much time collaborating with the recently-appointed Head Scientist, Barnaby knew by word of mouth that she'd already made quite the name for herself within ROCKET. Her reputation preceded her, something the admin always appreciated before working with anyone new.[break][break]

It gave an idea of what to expect.[break][break]

"Mmm, any power we can wrench from the League's hands is a boon for Rocket."[break][break]

Briefly, his cobalt gaze flitted to the UNOWN-K in the room. Barnaby was not one of the many. The UNOWN did not unsettle him. He'd long gotten used to their presence.[break][break]

"Perhaps not as Avatar, however. My main goal is to simply keep the bird away from our enemies." He continued, his full attention back on Nomi. [break][break]

"Anything extra is a bonus." That pleasant smile widened a little more.[break][break]

"Which is where you come in. I've set up some monitoring equipment at Mt. Chimney. I'd like you to help me review the data that's been collected so far."

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 2:59:13 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Successful data capture? Impressive.[break][break]
"Of course. Let's take a look," Nomi replied pleasantly.[break][break]
As it turned out, Barnaby had quite an extensive collection of recordings and logs. Of particular note were actual video recordings of the legendary phoenix coming and going from Mt. Chimney. The use of game cameras set up around the volcano's caldera had been a clever tactic. Barnaby had done his research.[break][break]
"There's a lot to review, but at a glance, it seems as if Moltres has...some sort of specific flight pattern. It comes and goes at set times." She grew thoughtful. "We ought to set up tiltmeters and strainmeters, as well as thermal imaging. Understanding what changes - if any - the volcano itself may be undergoing as a result of Moltres's influence could be worth looking at."[break][break]
Her gaze settled on the Unown-K that floated beside her.[break][break]
"I ought to go up there with my Unown. See if they can sense anything our devices can't. I believe the Unown to be uniquely capable of communicating with legendary Pokemon...or at least, understanding them. After all, they recognized the Deoxys trapped in this core."[break][break]
She waved a casual hand at the small, innocuous sphere that still perched upon her office desk. The Meteno Deoxys core. She'd continued to study it after her initial collaboration with and , but the nevermelt ice that surrounded it had proven to be something of a pain to remove.[break][break]
"You know..." she began, crimson eyes finding their way back to Barnaby's, a sudden realization forming in her mind. "Moltres has the ability to melt even the strongest ice. I wonder if it seeks a way to heal the Silent Icelands? If it were capable of such a feat, then it would also be capable of...freeing Deoxys."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 19:16:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

The ROCKET admin leaned back in his chair, listening intently as relayed every pertinent detail of her plans. It all sounded rather intelligent, but communicated in such a way that laymen like could easily understand. He appreciated this ability. It reminded him of his research pursuits with .[break][break]

If you think it would be insightful, then another trip to Mt. Chimney with your Unown can be arranged ASAP.” The sooner the better. Barnaby was certain that the LEAGUE had their own thumb on MOLTRES’ pulse as well. Time was most certainly a factor in whether or not this endeavor would be successful.[break][break]

Oh?” Cobalt eyes settled on the DEOXYS Core Nomi had gestured toward, the gears in his mind already cranking away. “Sound logic… and yet another reason to capture the thing.”[break][break]

With gone, do we have a way to contain this Deoxys, if it were to be freed?

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 0:45:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi shook her head.[break][break]
"We do not...not unless this Deoxys decides to choose a host from amongst our ranks." She paused. "Killian Decker's bond was with a different Deoxys. Whether or not the two have some relation, I cannot say. I do wonder if this one has the capacity to...call out to its sibling, though. We have lost track of it since Killian departed."[break][break]
The two alien Pokémon had communicated on Meteno, after all. She wished she'd had a chance to speak with Killian before his sudden disappearance, try and find out what was said. Rocket acquiring two Deoxys would be fortuitous indeed...but perhaps also dangerous, depending on the circumstances. One thing was for certain: they could not let the League acquire them first.[break][break]
"What draws you to Moltres, Admin Bee?" Nomi asked after a moment of thoughtful silence, meeting the man's sapphire eyes with rubies of her own.[break][break]
Her expression was curious. She crossed her legs, steepled her fingers in her lap. The Unown-K drifted closer, as if drawn to Barnaby by Nomi's sudden inquiry.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 17:41:44 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

This business with was a dark and frustrating ordeal. The ex-underboss left a hole in their ranks that wasn’t easily filled, especially where DEOXYS was concerned. The Pokemon had been a parasite, of course – but a strong asset for ROCKET.[break][break]

Just as MOLTRES would be, if they could capture it. If not, disposing of the Legendary would be better than allowing it to fall into the LEAGUE’s hands again.[break][break]

Power.” Something had coveted since adolescence. “And potential.”[break][break]

His cobalt eyes slid over to the UNOWN-K that had drifted closer. Barnaby knew of their power, too. It had escaped ROCKET with the exit of . So many of their own Avatars, lost.[break][break]

We’re at a crossroads right now. With Moltres now reborn, it has the potential to help or hinder, depending on how we play our cards.” His gaze returned to , flames of desire sparking in their blue depths.[break][break]

We know it’s sought a vessel for its power before, so we can only assume it will again. My main goal is to prevent the creation of yet another League Avatar. If that means killing Moltres, then so be it.” Better off dead than a future complication.[break][break]

Hopefully we can use it first, though.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 19:38:27 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi nodded in agreement. The Unown-K bobbed up and down as if to mimic her sentiment.[break][break]
"It would be nice if we could gain some intel from the League," Nomi mused, tapping her fingers against her desk in thought. "I wonder if Professor Graves would know anything..."[break][break]
Her thesis advisor, , had a great deal of Pokémon knowledge and often worked with League officials and researchers to keep the Natural History Museum well-stocked with valuable artifacts and fossils. Nomi could easily bring up the subject of legendary Pokémon with him; after all, it was relevant not only to their work together, but something the entire region had on their minds as of late, what with Rayquaza's display of benevolence during the Meteno incident.[break][break]
Speaking of...Nomi ought to try and set up a meeting with , too. Her civilian life afforded her the opportunity to at least try and schedule time with someone like Dr. Morales. Certainly worth looking into, especially now that the woman was a known League Avatar. Beyond even that, she was brilliant. Nomi had always admired her work.[break][break]
"I know there are those amongst our ranks with bones to pick with the Rangers," Nomi continued, thinking of and . "Capturing one could be useful, though also risky." She shrugged. "Not my area of expertise, but I am willing to help of course." She glanced at the Unown-K. "Mt. Chimney isn't the only location we can spy on."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 16:50:30 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

Graves was a vaguely familiar name. Barnaby recalled the man mainly from his involvement in the Winter Masquerade, but he reasoned Nomi would know him more intimately given their connection to the sciences. He didn't probe further, either. If the professor was a valid source of information, he trusted her to gut him of anything valuable. [break][break]

"Did you see Harcourt's little brother's on the hit list now?" The admin's expression turned cat-like as he spoke of : his eyes took on a hungry quality, his lips curved into a wicked grin.[break][break]

"He's a ranger." A capable one, too, if their fight was any indication. "I might explore that avenue. Kill two Fletchling with one stone." [break][break]

And if he needed anything from he'd be sure to tell her. Hypnotic agents of some sort, possibly, although was likely the better ROCKET for that. Something that would plague the mind and render him incapacitated.[break][break]

"What other areas do you suggest?" quickly came to mind. "New Mauville?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 13:43:53 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"I did see his name on our hit list, yes."[break][break]
Admin Bee's expression held a measure of primal hunger, and Nomi was struck with the sudden intuition that Bee's desire to capture really had nothing to do with Zev. He wants him all to himself, Nomi thought, a slight blush coloring her cheeks. Well, whatever relationship existed between Bee and Caleb, it didn't matter to Nomi. If the Ranger had any information about the legendary birds, that was what mattered.[break][break]
She quickly cleared her throat, then addressed his question about New Mauville.[break][break]
"Yes, the power plant is a good suggestion," She agreed. "I was actually planning to visit soon with and ." She was looking forward to spending more time with them both, even though their main objective was to find Zapdos.[break][break]
"It's a shame about Oscar," she sighed. "He was a brilliant inventor, and he had recently made a breakthrough of some kind with Zapdos." She frowned, shaking her head. "He will be missed."[break][break]
Something else occurred to her.[break][break]
"There's a gang in Mauville that has started subtly stealing from us," she noted. "They call themselves Orthrus. I think they are trying to make the city into their own criminal empire, essentially removing our influence. We ought to find Zapdos before that becomes...an issue."[break][break]
How Rocket dealt with the occasional thorn in their side such as this Orthrus was not Nomi's area of expertise. But Admin Bee ought to know about it, even if he wasn't the right person to take action, either.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 0:19:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

"It is quite the shame." Barnaby had just been able to connect with when his illness overtook his capabilities to do ROCKET work. Yes, a shame — and a hindrance. Hopefully others could pick up where he'd left off. [break][break]

"Well, let me know if I can be of any help with Zapdos. Although it's never chosen an Avatar as far as we know, there's nothing saying that it won't or doesn't have the capability." ZAPDOS could be as much of a liability as MOLTRES. It was best to be wary of the Legendary Bird and be thorough in their research.[break][break]

As Nomi altered course in their conversation, she unfortunately stepped in quite the landmine.[break][break]

"Yes. I've heard of them. A lot of pestering flies." The ROCKET admin didn't bother hiding the scowl on his face. When not in Sootopolis, Mauville City was his home base of operations. In fact, it was where he conducted much of his undercover work as talk show host and HNN journalist .[break][break]

So having a nuisance like at his back door hadn't been a positive revelation.[break][break]

"I'll look into getting them sorted out." He assured, uncrossing his legs to stand. "In the meantime, keep me updated on anything new you might learn."[break][break]

The scowl gave way to a pleased smile as Barnaby prepared to leave.[break][break]

"I appreciate your efforts, Nomi. I'm very impressed with you so far." Though her tenure as Head Scientist had been short, she was living up to the title. [break][break]

"And I look forward to watching your growth within the organization."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 1:43:10 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi blushed cutely as he complimented her. Despite her rather professional demeanor, she was a lonely person. It pleased her to know that Barnaby had not only found their conversation useful, but that he had also noticed her recent efforts to advance Rocket's scientific research and advancement.[break][break]
"You flatter me," she smiled brightly at him. "You are quite impressive yourself, Admin Bee."[break][break]
It was an honest assessment. He was a slippery man, with plenty of secrets hidden beneath the surface of his pretty smile, but he was also capable of more than just deceiving the League into trusting his journalist persona. He was brave, for one. Detail-oriented. A keen observer. The hunt for Moltres was not an insignificant undertaking. Persistence, fortitude, and a measure of combat prowess would be needed, to say the least.[break][break]
He also did not seem bothered by the Unown. That, too, pleased her.[break][break]
"Do not hesitate to reach out to me if you are in need of anything else," she told him as he made to leave. "You have our full support, Admin Bee."[break][break]
The Unown-K, as if recognizing that she was speaking for both herself and them, bobbed up and down in agreement.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Pillar of Fire [S]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 4:54:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: