Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 6, 2023 22:10:01 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Beer after a good fight always tastes better. Navy’s sworn off drinking alone after walked into his life, but he’s happy to drink with new friends. You learn a lot about someone when you fight them. You learn what they’re really about. When someone fights you, they bear their heart to you. You see all the warts, scars, and souvenirs picked up along their life’s journey.[break][break]

Navy doesn’t know this character from Mew, but he likes the guy. He already thinks of him as a friend. Anyone that could fight the way that guy fights is alright in Navy’s book. Money’s flowing in good after all the trouble down in Dewford. His name got put out there. Even the bigwigs at the League are taking notice of him.[break][break]

So, needless to say, he pays for the guy’s drink. Clanks beers with him in a cheers if Sergei’s willing, and guzzles some premium beer.[break][break]

You fight like a warrior, man.” He compliments his fellow trainer. “What’s the story with you and your Garchomp? Catch him when he was a Gible, or didja find him in the wild later on?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

serge
he/him
december 10
lacunosa, unova
queer
pokemon researcher
civilian
43 height
43 height
EX INFERNO VICTORIAM
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sergeidachev
sergei dachev
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 15:53:49 GMT
sergei dachev Avatar
SERGEI WON'T JUST LET A FREE BEER PASS, especially if it's from someone potentially being his first friend in the new region. When the kind stranger offers to clank the bottle, Sergei returns the gesture with a smile. He then takes a huge gulp and nods at question.

"He's a family legacy." Sergei explains. "We're kind of descended from dragon-slaying warriors in the old Galar. Valiant is a gift I got from my Mama."

The Dachev Sem'ya history has been a recent discovery in Sergei's part and it has been the source of his recent motivations to explore further how deep his connection with the dragons is.

"Apparently, the Dachevs are supposed to have one partner dragon growing up. That is Valiant for me."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 18:20:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Dragon-slaying warriors?” Navy sips on his beer and considers the words. “Shit. That’s crazy.” He laughs, seeming to accept the absurd notion wholeheartedly. Just in the past month, he’s met a princess, the avatars of several god-like Pokemon, fought Rocket alongside the Elite 4, and Arceus knows what else he just doesn’t remember doing.[break][break]
Man…hard to imagine a world where people would have to fight Pokemon without other Pokemon backing ‘em up.” He remembers reading stories about what life was like before the apricot balls came along and changed everything. “Good pick, either way. Good name.”[break][break]
Another pause as he drinks and takes in the music of the bar. It’s funky stuff, old school. Pleasing to Navy’s ears.[break][break]
My ace is a Garchomp. Vortigern.’ He says as if the joke in the name should be self-evident. “Caught him when he was right on the brink of evolving into a Garchomp. Take some advice from a novice dragon trainer. The later you get ‘em, the harder it is to get ‘em to respect you.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

serge
he/him
december 10
lacunosa, unova
queer
pokemon researcher
civilian
43 height
43 height
EX INFERNO VICTORIAM
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sergeidachev
sergei dachev
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 16:04:21 GMT
sergei dachev Avatar
The redhead laughs when also laughs because the truth is that the fact also sounds so unreal even for Sergei, who is almost the only living Dachev in the entire world. He hasn't even met the OG dragon slayers; the fact that he's a Dachev is just one of those things you get to say at a gathering where people ask you to say one interesting trivia about your life.

"That's what my Mama said!" Sergei recalls an old story. "Dragon-slayers become slayers first by taming other dragons and domesticating them to become their 'partner'. It's really difficult!"

Lucky for him, he got Valiant as an egg.

Hearing Vortigern's backstory, Sergei eagerly mentions his experiences studying his own garchomp."I feel you. They're so predatory it is a lot of challenge training them especially when they're caught in the wild." He pauses, considering his advice. "That will require so much patience, I'm telling you."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 3:28:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Patience, yeah. Patience in spades.” He thinks back to the frantic battle under Dewford. Vortigern kept getting loose from his ball, chasing people through the caves. Terrorizing Rocket grunts. He shudders at the damage his black dragon can do if he’s loosed in the wrong place.[break][break]

You just got here, you hear about what happened down in Dewford Town back in early April? Shit was crazy. All out war, just for one day. Everybody scrambling, I wonder if anybody down there except the top brass even knew what they were fighting about. I bring it up ‘cause Vortigern’s the only thing that got me out of there alive.”[break][break]

Well, that, and his stubborn refusal to die.[break][break]

Word to the wise, Hoenn’s insane. Something’s always going on. Big gang war between League and Rocket’s got no end in sight. Plenty of glory in it, if you’re that kind of guy. Plenty of ways to end up dead. No big deal for a dragonslayer, huh?” He teases the younger man.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lancelot

serge
he/him
december 10
lacunosa, unova
queer
pokemon researcher
civilian
43 height
43 height
EX INFERNO VICTORIAM
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sergeidachev
sergei dachev
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 12:04:12 GMT
sergei dachev Avatar
Sergei chokes on his beer before he can even interject.

"No shit, dude. I was there!" The redhead does not even know how he managed to stay alive or even get out of the caves he now know as the Ultra Deep Sea. All the memories surge on him: his clashes with Rocket members, Commander Wise falling ill, and also his own Valiant saving the day, just like Vortigern. "And I was only there because I thought I was invited for a field work!"

Turns out the only work in this 'field work' is to work his ass off just not to die in the middle of the clash.

Hearing about 's warning puts a smile on his face. "I like to battle without complication. To be honest, I read about the Rocket takeover thing before but I guess there's something about Hoenn that makes these two forces clash. I guess I'll just have to adopt if I want to stay here longer, right?"

He cheers his bottle again, this time contemplating on the words of his parents. 's words remind him of his parent's refusal of him going to Hoenn. But just because it's dangerous doesn't mean it will change his mind of moving in.

It's all for the glory then, he muses happily.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 3:14:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He matches the cheer, but there’s something subdued about it. Somber. His gunmetal eyes fall to the liquid swirling in his cup. He thinks about the rain in Sootopolis, ashes falling down Mt. Pyre, the siren hum of the sea.[break][break]
Just watch yourself. I’ve only done a little of this crap myself, but I know it’s bad – and it can get worse. On the bright side, you’ve got yourself a mighty fine partner. Nothing helps you tackle whatever life throws at you like a dragon.” He envies him the control he has over his beast. Navy won’t voice the thought, but he also imagines that the mountain a tamed dragon can climb is smaller, doesn’t reach quite as high…[break][break]
But what’s wrong with that? The apex of the world’s a nasty place. The black dragon makes enemies, their tales written in blood.[break][break]
You seem like an alright guy. League’s offered me a spot down in Dewford as a gym leader. If you’re looking for a job, or just somewhere to plant roots in Hoenn, you’re welcome down there.” It’s the least he can do, offer a newcomer a place to call his own. Navy doubts Sergei will take him up on the offer, he doesn’t seem like the type.[break][break]
Maybe he’ll be wrong.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lancelot

serge
he/him
december 10
lacunosa, unova
queer
pokemon researcher
civilian
43 height
43 height
EX INFERNO VICTORIAM
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sergeidachev
sergei dachev
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 7:43:59 GMT
sergei dachev Avatar
SERGEI WATCHES AS THE OTHER GUY CACKLES HIS BOTTLE but does not share his cheeriness. then talks about how things will always get worst here in Hoenn but gets back by saying he has an incredible partner.

"Don't say that!" He leans his hands against his shoulders. "Look, I haven't been much here but all I can see is that whatever challenges the Universe throws at Hoenn, it always manages to get back up. Things will be better, I bet!"

When Navy invites him for a job, he just smiles. "Don't think you'd be too obssessed with me right after our second meeting." He teases as he chuckles. "Sadly, I already have a job. But I'll take you up on the latter; you'd be surprised at how often I will be crashing your place!"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 7:57:55 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I just know a good trainer when I see one. Gotta take my job seriously. Gyms are a bit different here than in Unova or Galar.” Navy muses, far from the first time, that things would be so much better for the people he loved if they had simply been born in Galar instead of Hoenn. Being born’s like spinning a roulette wheel. You can’t control where the ball lands. It’s out of your hands.[break][break]
We’re tryin’ to educate. Galar’s circuit is more about the pros fighting for the sake of being the best. Their chairperson really took ‘I wanna be the very best’ and ran with it.” He chuckles. Navy likes this guy. Got a good head on his shoulder. Optimistic. A career big brother like him just hopes the guy has a good time in Hoenn.[break][break]
Like your optimism – and I don’t think you’re wrong. But somethin’s always up here. Better or worse. Just gotta fight like hell so things will get better.” His own brand of optimistic ideals, steeped in the truth of reality. “But it sure isn’t boring, I’ll say that. Not ever.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lancelot

serge
he/him
december 10
lacunosa, unova
queer
pokemon researcher
civilian
43 height
43 height
EX INFERNO VICTORIAM
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sergeidachev
sergei dachev
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 9:57:43 GMT
sergei dachev Avatar
IS DEFINTELY RIGHT ON THAT ONE: Gym Leaders of Hoenn compared to other region's is on a different, Sky Pillar-high level! Where other regions take Pokemon battling as a hobby and recreation of sorts, Hoennians need to treat it as a way of life and to survive.

"Yeah, no, the thing is I haven't been to Galar and I'm not really familiar with its Pokemon battling culture but I figured that much from watching the streams."

Sergei thinks of the time he has tried the Unova Gym Challenges on his own and fail. Unova has a different approach too, in the same way that Hoenn has its own. He like this time that there's a focus on teaching. Why, learning is at the core of being a researcher as well.

He gives a cheers to what says. That's right: one month in on Hoenn and nothing is ever boring.

"Say what: when the time comes your gym is already all set up and running, invite me in for an 'educational moment' of yours." He winks as he chugs his own share of the battle. "I'd like to believe I just let you win the last time so I can snag a badge from you this time. Ha ha!"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 12:24:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Sure thing, buddy.” Navy offers yet another round of cheers back to his new friend. “Come on down anytime. We’ll have ourselves a match.” Truth be told, the guy’s tough. Made of mean stuff. But if he means to be a dragontamer, well…[break][break]
He may just need Navy’s help more than most. Dragontaming, as he learned from a certain Ms. Morningstar, is a nasty business. If he means to keep that Garchomp in line, he’ll have to walk a hard road. It falls on someone like him, a fellow warrior, to help him up that path.[break][break]
A beep disturbs their reverie. Pulling his phone out, Navy sees that it’s a call from home. It’s getting late. His ward must have noticed he’s out. Putting his phone away, Navy pulls out some of his prize money and puts it down on the bar, along with a handwritten note with his personal number. When Dewford’s new gym finally opens up, Sergei won’t need that, but he’ll have a point of contact if he needs something before then.[break][break]
Well, looks like I’ve been out too late. Better get home. Take care of yourself, Sergei.” Navy claps him on the shoulder. “You’re a good guy. Don’t be a stranger. Hoenn needs idiots like us, brave enough to fight alongside black dragons.” And with those words said, he departs. Off into the night, back to the agency he soon won’t see much of.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,969 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Post Brawlitorium [M]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 21:35:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: