he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Long Days, Late Nights [S]
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 19:10:03 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Late nights at the Hoenn Bureau of Intelligence and Counterterrorism meant strong coffee. Gunner poured himself another cup of the dark liquid, brightening it with a dash of sugar and cream. The flavor was subpar compared to what his favorite cafés served, but he wasn't going to complain. Not when he still had a mountain of work to tackle.[break][break]

He tried not to stay late at the office anymore, especially with a baby on the way. But with the disappearances of and , it couldn't be helped. The safety of Hoenn and its citizens was his job. Surely would understand.[break][break]

Gunner was halfway to his cubicle when he paused. Yellow light seeped through the crack of 's office door. So Miss Livy is working late, too, he mused.[break][break]

After a moment's consideration, he went back for a second cup of coffee. Then he knocked on her door — awkwardly, so as not to spill any of the hot liquid on himself.[break][break]

"Miss Livy? Are you still here?" Gunner asked. He kept his voice low, just loud enough so she could hear him through the door. Something about the darkness of the building late at night promoted a sense of quiet.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Takes place before Penny becomes an Avatar of Chi-Yu and the events of Goodbye Galar

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 19:58:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The ULTRA DEEP SEA had done more than secure a mere loss for the League's efforts. it'd taken a pillar of the region's support, leaving both and herself fumbling to keep up.
[break][break]

Luckily, public relations was a field she'd already thrived in, allowing the leftover pieces of paperwork and delegation to feel more like a mindless drone of obligations than an actual obstacle to move past. it did, however, force her into the late hours of the night, as her own operations extended past the typical hours of the office.[break][break]

Especially since today's objective looked to be a topic the league had already taken a stance against helping.
[break][break]

"Hm?"
[break][break]

The sudden rapping of the door caught her attention like a net. Looking up, her golden eyes closed in on tits sound. "Oh, it's just you."
[break][break]

Her muscle relaxed with realization. She closed the binder sprawled out in front of her before balancing her chin off a balled-up fist.
[break][break]

"Yeah, I'm just finishing up some work. How about you? Didn't think i'd still see you around this late."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 20:10:33 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner eased the office door open slowly. Penelope's desk lamp was on, but the room was otherwise bathed in darkness. It made for a cozier atmosphere than any office had the right to possess.[break][break]

He sat down in the chair opposite her, but not before handing her the second cup of coffee. "Made the way you like it, but it's no Sawsbucks," he said of the drink.[break][break]

A small smile curled his lips, as if he'd just made a joke.[break][break]

"I wish I could say I'm finishing up, but I don't think my work ever really ends," he said in response to Penelope's question. He sipped his own coffee, trying not to grimace at its bland flavor.[break][break]

"I'm still trying to determine possible locations Miss Henderson and Miss Anderson could be based on their last sightings." Him and the rest of the Bureau.[break][break]

Gunner sat up a little straighter, glancing at Penelope's desk. "Have you had any luck or new reports, ma'am?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Takes place before Penny becomes an Avatar of Chi-Yu and the events of Goodbye Galar

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 20:29:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Darkness can conceal so much, and leave so little for the imagination to run wild with. From the extensive trashcans filled with crushed energy drinks, to the disarray hidden off behind her, pieces of her space gave way to the inner workings of the overworked councilwoman.
[break][break]

Worse of them all was the little blanket and pillow tucked off in the corner of the office, where her couch and loveseat lay.
[break][break]

To the cup of coffee, Penelope accepted it with a smile, nodding graciously.
[break][break]

"You're a lifesaver. Like always."
[break][break]

One sip confirmed her words.
[break][break]

It was made to bland perfection.
[break][break]

"Nothing. Which only confirms the most likely assumption: that they're still stuck in Sootopolis."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 20:47:58 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

If Gunner noticed the disarray of her workspace, or the pillow and blanket in the corner, he did not comment on them. He knew better than that. After all, his own cubicle was in a sorry state. Disorganized chaos.[break][break]

Penelope's answer brought a frown to Gunner's face. The longer the women went missing, the higher the chance of their deaths. Even if Team Rocket kept them alive to squeeze every ounce of information from them, the crime syndicate's methods did not often leave people alive.[break][break]

In the low light, Gunner saw what may have been bags under Penelope's eyes. Exhaustion lined her face. How many late nights had she endured of late? How much sleep had she lost?[break][break]

He took another sip of his coffee and decided, for once, to be a fellow human instead of her employee. "How are you holding up?" he asked. "Is there anything I can do to help lighten your load?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 16:42:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Gunner's response wrinkled her face in surprise.
[break][break]

He was no robot, of course, but emotions were rarity in their conversations. It was always work, work, work between them - the world outside be damned.
[break][break]

Which is why she blinked, slow and initially uncertain, as she stole one last sip of coffee bean shit.
[break][break]

"I'm not sure how much can be done," The councilwoman finally released, smile tightened by the rope around her neck. "With Councilwoman Anderson gone, work has increased in other departments..."
[break][break]

A pause stole her breath. Then, a brief flash of realization crossed her features.
[break][break]

"Which, I guess, just gives me more of a reason to find her."
[break][break]
The crude joke is punctuated with a dried laugh. How cruel was it, that despite 's waning status, Penelope felt more empowered by the promise of another set of hands.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 18:22:40 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner expected the surprise on Penelope's face. They didn't normally speak like this, even though the nature of their relationship didn't exactly forbid it. His fake boss at the law firm often tried to engage him in social conversations, but that simply wasn't Gunner's style.[break][break]

Perhaps it was the troubled atmosphere within the councilwoman's office. Perhaps it was the esoteric ritual of sharing coffee at such a late hour.[break][break]

When she cracked the joke, Gunner — normally the stoic and unlaughing sort — made a sound that could have been a chuckle. A corner of his mouth turned up in a half-smile.[break][break]

"Drag her back here with handcuffs still on and chain her to her desk," he joked. "'This is your punishment for getting kidnapped' — or something like that, huh, ma'am?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 19:16:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh, yeah, that'll teach her."
[break][break]
There was something sick, yet irresistibly sweet about making light of 's recent kidnapping. This fact was only exacerbated by the rarity of 's laugh -- had Penelope ever heard it before?
[break][break]
It sounded deeper than what she would've expected.
[break][break]
"If you're looking to stay," she leaned back into the piling work, knowing full well that coffee wouldn't be able to solve all of their problems on its own. Action had to accompany it. Hard hitting action. "I thiiink, i can manage letting go of a few of these reports to look through."
[break][break]
With a smirk, she pushed her palms against the lip of her desk, spun back toward the shelves behind her, and reached down to retrieve one of the many piles of paper waiting for her. Then, with a huff, she carried it back to her desk.
[break][break]
It all came down with one solid THUD!
[break][break]
"You can read all about how," she flipped one of the manilla folders open, "these two neighbors are having some issues, and one is accusing another of housing rockets. See? Exciting stuff."
[break][break]
Aka, you can help me sift through a bunch of fake reports to find something of merit.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON May 10, 2023 19:36:58 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner balked at the enormous pile of reports Penelope set down on her desk. But instead of coming up with an excuse to retreat to his own cubicle, he leaned forward and pulled one from the pile. Flipping open the folder, he scanned the top page.[break][break]

"People will try to do anything to win an advantage over someone else," he muttered, shaking his head. "This guy is complaining about his neighbor building a shed in his yard as if it were some kind of crime."[break][break]

With a final gulp of bland coffee, Gunner settled into his chair. It was impossible to get comfortable, but he'd be damned if he didn't try.[break][break]

"I can't decide if I should be glad these are the worst of the common citizen's problems, or if I should be exasperated by how small they are," he said. "Sometimes I wonder if we'd be a little better off as a region if people trusted each other more."[break][break]

He wasn't one to talk, of course. He'd spent the last few years lying to the most important people in his life about the kind of work he really did.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 19:14:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Worse is how they waste our time to interfere in their petty affairs."
[break][break]

She shook her head while flipping through another similarly bland report; a couple bickering too loudly, neighbor suspects something more suspicious at play. Her bangs stuck outward in every which place.
[break][break]

"But can't really blame them. Trust is hard to come by nowadays. after everything, I can get how people are so easily on edge."
[break][break]

The councilwoman's eyes raised to meet 's and her lips slipped into a smile that scream, 'but what can you do?'

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 4:26:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"And taxpayer dollars, right?" Gunner offered as an attempt at another joke. "At least, that's what Councilwoman Anderson might say."[break][break]

Penelope was right, though. Trust was hard to come by. Especially when it became clear that Team Rocket was hiding among the populace, disguised as ordinary people, who could the average citizen trust?[break][break]

The government, of course. They had to.[break][break]

Gunner thought back on his argument with . They still weren't on the best terms, though weeks had passed. Gunner knew he had to reconcile with his brother soon; the loneliness at not even having Gideon to turn to was eating away at him.[break][break]

"Do you have people you trust, Miss Livy?" the agent asked, wondering if the question was too out of line. "Like really trust, I mean. People you know you can count on no matter what?"[break][break]

He hoped, more than anything, to be that person for Gideon.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 6:35:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His question was one that would've brought the lone councilwoman to tears had it not been for who breathed life into it, or the confidements of her own workplace urging the strength to fight past these emotions.
[break][break]

Because, at some point, her answer would've been a proud and resounding yes. There was a list of names that would've gladly listened to her drawl on and on about the intricacies of her life, worries, and aspirations. But now? Now, life felt no different than crawling through a bleeding forest crippled by drought. What was echoing between every bare tree branch and what could've been hidden beneath every bitter root jutting up from the crack ground.
[break][break]

"Do you?"
[break][break]

The deflection is served with a bittersweet smile.
[break][break]

"Honestly, Gunner, I don't know how possible that is to have in my profession. Those who come don't stay, and I can't blame them."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 14:24:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner was silent for a long moment. Penelope had every right to turn his question back on him. He recalled the news had shared with him of their breakup earlier that year.[break][break]

Perhaps Gunner's question had been too personal. It would be a kindness — to both of them — to drop the subject.[break][break]

Instead, he looked across the broad wooden desk at her and said in a tone of quiet resolution: "You can count on me, Miss Livy."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 14:46:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The lives of those within the HBIC are ones marked by arduous isolation. The type that twists one's own perception until existence feels only possible alone.
[break][break]

It's easier this way, they would tell themselves. But was it?
[break][break]
Penelope doesn't let her gaze falter down to the tabletop. Solidified in resolve, she stared back at her agent. A soft puff of laughter pushed out from her nose, and with a smile she said, "I know."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 22:51:30 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: