TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
Baking is whisk-y business
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 15:49:41 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

It's a lazy day for Nenet. The windows are open, letting in a cooling breeze as she flits around her kitchen. There's an easy way to new coworkers hearts that she learned years ago: baking. She double checks the oven before popping it open, the batter for her cream roll cake placed inside. Taking up a small timer into her hands to fiddle with it, a knock on her front door draws her attention away from her present work.
[break][break]
She frowns minutely, trying to remember if she has a scheduled visitor or not, and wipes absently at her check with the back of her hand; despite her best efforts, flour now streaks there.
[break][break]
Nonetheless, she goes to open the door and then blinks in surprise.
[break][break]
"Zev?"
[break][break]
Her thoughts already race ahead, skipping the most obvious reason for his visit to settle on finding someone to hand-whip the cream in her stead.
[break][break]
A delighted smile blossoms over her face.

NOTES

- [break]
- Mission: The Great Hoenn Bake Off[break]

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 17:51:57 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev arrived at Nenet's apartment with the full intention of dragging her to the bedroom as soon as he stepped over her threshold. Dressed in a tailored black suit and tie, he had just finished with another assassination, and his blood was pumping hot and hungry in his veins.[break][break]

So when the door opened to Nenet with a kitchen timer in her hand and a smear of flour on her cheek, he did a double take.[break][break]

"Nenet! Hey," he greeted her, the mask of his civilian persona pushing his lips into a charming smile that matched her delighted one. "Is this a bad time?"[break][break]

He glanced over her shoulder, trying to ascertain if anyone else was in the apartment with her. She hadn't mentioned it when they'd texted earlier, but Nenet increasingly seemed like the kind of person who put her own interests before anyone else's.[break][break]

Which was a very familiar sentiment for Zev.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: The Great Hoenn Bake Off[break]
Takes place in late summer 2022

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 19:09:05 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"You're right on time," Nenet assures him with entirely too much enthusiasm.
[break][break]
Before Zev knows it his wrist is grabbed and the man is bodily dragged into the kitchen. "I'm in the middle of making a cream roll cake for work." There is an unspoken, 'and now you're here to help' that is heavily implied by the time she releases his hand and goes to check on her timer.
[break][break]
Still a few minutes left.
[break][break]
The refrigerator is then pulled open and a bowl of already rinsed green grapes retrieved, as well as a carton of heavy cream. Without speaking she arches a single eyebrow at Zev as a whisk is produced, a challenging look in her golden eyes.
[break][break]
"What do you say?"

NOTES

- [break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 20:57:42 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Normally, Zev would refuse a suggestion that did not grab his interest, but he was there pretending to be a regular person. A regular person would act warmly and be open to socializing — even hanging out together — before satisfying his deeper cravings.[break][break]

So he only widened his smile and took the whisk from Nenet. Their fingers brushed together, but only briefly. "Sure. I've never made a cream roll cake before, so you'll have to guide me."[break][break]

He was an excellent cook, but baking was too messy.[break][break]

First, though, Zev had to remove his suit jacket. He wasn't about to bake a cake while wearing a heavy, black top. He put the whisk down onto Nenet's kitchen counter and shrugged out of his jacket. And just in case, he removed his tie. These he hung over the back of a kitchen chair.[break][break]

Then he started unbuttoning the cuffs of his sleeves. "Do you have a recipe book or something else with instructions?" he asked Nenet, his blue eyes scanning the kitchen critically.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 0:23:47 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Don't worry, you just need to put those arms to use and look pretty," Nenet teases as she leans nearer, her voice low and promising; her hand lowers to caress Zev's hip, her fingers squeezing before she releases him to remove his jacket.
[break][break]
She turns her back to him, the grapes arranged on a cutting board and knife retrieved. At his question she gives an absent little motion of her hand towards a small index card nearby, offering, "It's just there, but I really only need you to whip the cream for me. Just pour in the whole carton."
[break][break]
With those instructions she begins to pick through her bundle of grapes, each fruit chosen for its firmness and visual appeal.
[break][break]
Nenet glances over her shoulder as she asks, "How much time do you have?" She would like him to stay long enough to get the cake rolled, and then some, but like hell will Nenet throw off her dessert's timing.

NOTES

- [break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 3:21:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nenet's hand on Zev's hip was utterly distracting. He wanted to push her against the countertop with his whole body and devour her. But her touch was gone in an instant, leaving him cold and bereft.[break][break]

Soon, he assured himself. After they finished baking.[break][break]

Once his sleeves were rolled up to the elbow, Zev poured the cream into a mixing bowl as Nenet asked. He started to whisk, occasionally glancing up to watch her work. "I'm free for the rest of the night," he told her.[break][break]

And then he paused in his speech, even as he continued whisking the cream. It was a pause perfectly practiced to convey a hesitation he did not truly feel.[break][break]

"Listen, I'm sorry I've had to cancel the past couple of dinners. Work has just been so busy."[break][break]

That was what a normal person would say, full of guilt for their actions. However, Nenet's behavior when he'd made those cancellations intrigued Zev. Instead of seeming upset or growing distant, as past women had done, she'd seemed unconcerned. Relieved at times, even.[break][break]

What was different about her? Why did she appear so unfazed?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 4:42:05 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Oh good,"
Nenet purrs in response, her eyes falling half-lid as she offers Zev a promising smile. Her expression shifts at his uncertain mein, how own matching his as she tries to puzzle out the direction of the conversation.

[break][break]
A soft, surprised, "Oh," spills from her lips, and then a laugh. Giving Zev a wave of her hand dismissively, she assures him, "I really don't mind. I wouldn't expect you to place me over your business of all things." She tacks on with a laugh, "I certainly don't put anyone above my work. Besides, I think I cancel more than you anyways." She sets down her knife and wipes her hands on a nearby dish towel before reaching over and gently taking Zev's face into her hands. Nenet presses a kiss to his cheek.

[break][break]
It seems for a moment she may say more, but the shrill beep of her timer swiftly draws her attention. "Keep whisking," she demands authoritatively, laughter imbued in her timbre. Her hands lightly pat Zev's cheeks before she releases him and turns on her heel to retrieve her cake.

NOTES

- [break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 17:17:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nenet had actually canceled more dates than Zev, but he wasn't going to test the waters with an accusation. He smiled with relief, genuinely feeling the emotion as Nenet kissed his cheek.[break][break]

"I'm glad we're on the same page. I can't say I know many women as practical and understanding as you," he said, meaning it. And since she remained so close, he took the opportunity to lean in and return the kiss, pressing his mouth against hers.[break][break]

The timer drew Nenet away, and Zev resumed his appointed task. Before long, his strong arms had whisked the cream into stiff peaks. Setting the bowl down beside Nenet's cake and grapes, he leaned back, head tilted curiously.[break][break]

"So what's next?" he asked, knowing that patiently indulging her hobby would reap him the reward he sought.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 3:31:19 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

Moving the thin cake carefully, Nenet sets it upside down on a baking tray covered with a damp tea towel and then flips it upside down for unmoulding. The faint scent of melon fills the air as she explains, "This will cool in just a few moments, and then I'll roll it for the first time. It will cool more and then I'll unroll it, add the filling, reroll and decorate."

[break][break]
She winks, promising, "It won't be much time at all. You can have a piece, if you'd like." Pausing for just a moment, Nenet adds, "Thank you for whipping the cream."

[break][break]
The process of assembling the roll cake goes exactly as Nenet explained, and soon a perfect roll cake, soft orange in colour and filled with whipped cream and grape halves, sits on the counter. A piping bag produced from the depths of one of the drawers is used to add puffy mounds atop each section, and then a single piece of the cake is sliced and placed on a plate.

[break][break]
Offering it to Zev, along with a fork, Nenet says, "For your hard work." She winks playfully, and then goes to wash the few remaining dishes. With a glance over her shoulder, she suggests, "You can stay the night, if you'd like. I have to be up early for some new data results, but if you don't mind making sure the door is locked you can leave at a reasonable hour after me."

NOTES

- [break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 12:46:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Standing out of the way so Nenet had enough room to work, Zev watched her movements with practiced curiosity. She rewarded his patience and contributions with the first slice of cake, which he accepted with a gracious 'thank you'.[break][break]

It was decadent. The cake was baked perfectly, the cream an exquisite texture. And most importantly, the flavor was well balanced: not bland, not overpowering with sweetness.[break][break]

Zev's eyes lit up. "This is amazing," he said after chewing and swallowing. "Have you made this before?"[break][break]

Somehow, it had never occurred to Zev that Nenet might have interests or hobbies outside of her work. Perhaps that was because he himself didn't have any; everything he did in his free time supported his work, either at the bar or on the hunt. And she was more like him than he'd initially realized.[break][break]

The invitation to spend the night was a pleasant surprise. Zev flashed Nenet a grateful smile. "Sounds good. I won't stay in too late."[break][break]

He had no desire to linger.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
awards
535 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 19:21:29 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]

"Not those specific flavours. Though I could make a roll cake with my eyes closed," Nenet answers, her gaze suddenly thoughtful as she watches Zev over her shoulder. She hopes the flavours have paired well but - well - Zev is here for one thing and one thing only, and it's not to critique her baking in hopes of garnering favour with her coworkers.

[break][break]
There is a brief consideration in offering to bake for him sometime but Nenet dismisses the idea almost as soon as it comes. Her hookups rarely amounted to anything other than annoyed emails and texts. Once a profanity-laced voicemail landed in her inbox that she's kept to this day; it still makes her laugh, and her sisters quote passages of it with regularity when they call to catch up.

[break][break]
Regardless, even though it's difficult to imagine Zev leaving her such an emotional outburst she would rather just wait for the inevitable demise of the relationship due to her work hours. The last of the dishes are placed in the drying rack as Zev finishes his slice.

[break][break]
With a smirk, she beckons him to follow her with a single crook of her finger.

NOTES

- [break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 22:26:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: