1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 24, 2023 1:51:58 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"All people are low resolution versions of themselves. Being able to contextualize others is what allows us to make sense of the world." Callan replies, sipping his whiskey.

Regardless, she wasn't interested in the game. The problem is, what was she interested in? Fear crept up his spine like a spider, he was not interested in experiencing whatever she did to him again. His eyes latch towards Elisabeth's as she proposes her game.

He did not trust her.

And every instinct was telling him that this was going to be a horrific idea. Callan looks at her hand, then back to her eyes.

The more he thought, the less likely he would be to take it. "One sec..." He comments, as he finishes the tumbler of whiskey in his mind. Was it likely to drown out the torture? Most likely not. It was more placebo, than anything.

He smiles, as his hand grabs hold of hers, it is shaking as he does. "Thank you."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 0:07:28 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her eyes didn't miss a moment of his hesitation. Every tremor in his hand was quietly filed away, yet another secret she intended to keep.[break][break]

It was thrilling, to have this power over men. It felt so satisfying over always being the one under a man's heel.[break][break]

"Tell me, Callan," she began, her voice a low, conspiratorial murmur, "what is it that you resent most? Show me the ways in which the world has wronged you."[break][break]

Her palm was a misleadingly soft, uncalloused thing. He'd feel no roughness to betray the briars that had embedded themselves within her heart.[break][break]

"Show us that you deserve retribution."
[break]

When her voice changed -- scornful and embittered -- so too would he, in his own unique way.[break][break]

Resentment was a difficult thing to uproot from oneself, once it had taken seed in the soul.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 4:14:05 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
As Callan grabs her hand, the shaking does not stop. It intensifies, and as the words creep into his head, his world transforms.

No longer was it a bar, no longer was it night time. It is mid-afternoon.

Rain doesn't pour overhead; this is not a romance where the weather breaks due to life's turmoil. No, it remains unceasingly, unendingly indifferent to the plights and miseries of those beneath its brilliant sun.

"Wait!" He hears himself scream in the distance before the soul of the past collides with his present.

The handshake turns into a grip. Callan holds tightly onto a wrist, his body weathered from running. Five years of inactivity, smoking, and alcoholic binging render a mere hundred-meter run across the street a difficulty.

Beneath a parasol of white shadow and trailing apricot blossoms, the woman turns around. She has crystal green eyes, hair brunette, with flecks of blonde underneath it. She wears a dress of trailing white, a halo of gold sits atop her head. The taxi cab that she was about to leave in was no taxi cab at all, but a chariot of time and space.

Callan's mind screams at him. Six different parts of his brain run simultaneous processes to find a way to say something to her. But the words are stuck in his throat.

Gem stares back at him. "Cal?"

Callan pauses, looking into her eyes. "Hey." He utters, defeated, unable to find a way to speak to her.

"Hey." She replies, her voice non-descript, neutral, discomfort is the undercurrent, a need to leave, to say the things she has to say in order to get away from you as quick as possible. She offers a brief smile as she gently shakes away his hold on her wrist.

"How are you doing?" He asks her.

"Things are going really well," she states, idly twirling a strand of hair that glows, each twist sending off sparks of golden light. "Balancing between romance and work has been rewarding, especially with Lio and Tony involved." Her eyes turn towards Callan, the light and the smile that she had formed from her thoughts fade slightly as she regards his unkempt hair and awfully shaved chin.

"How are you, Cal?"

"I'm dying." Callan replied, "In Maractus. The place where we were, my mind is being poisoned. I'm trying to save Elly. That's why I'm seeing you."

"Elly? ? My replacement, you mean?" Gemma puts a hand under Callan's chin, lifting it up, turning his face to the right. "You're bleeding from the lip, and you have lipstick on you."

Callan pauses, "A mistake."

Her eyes bore into Callan, a quizzical brow raised.

"Of course. Now... if you don't mind..." Gemma releases her hold on his chin, the gentleness of her touch leaves him, forever.

"Where are you going?" Callan asked. Knowing full well the answer. It had played in his head for so long, yet he had never been able to stop himself from saying those words and opening the wound again.

"I'm sorry. I just don't have the time to..." She purses her lips, pausing her words as she looks at her chariot, then at the luggage beneath them.

"To tend to my emotions." Callan finished. Leaving an audible, exasperated sigh from the holy figure.

Callan inwardly chastises himself. Her robes flow in the wind, wrapping gently and smoothly against her body, breaking the silence between them. "Anyway..." She whispers, her eyes break away as she stares towards the cab.

"Where'd you get the halo and robes?" Callan utters, attempting to break the silence, to stop her from leaving.

"No, Cal." Her voice is gentle, "I'm not wearing a robe, and I don't have a halo. Let's... let's not get into that."

Silence.

"Gem... please..." Callan urges.

"Cal... I can't linger for another talk, not now," she implores, her gaze weighted with heavy sorrow.

"I have a flight to catch. I really need to leave." She takes a breath and stares into his eyes, "Honestly... every word in the English lexicon, we've already said to each other. There's just nothing now, it's all gone."

"I have to go... Cal," She begins to levitate, backwards towards the taxi cab.

"I have to go, and I'm leaving Hoenn with Lio.

We're going to Unova with Tony, where light, life and happiness await us.

And you will have to be alone, in hell forever. That's just how it's going to be.

And no amount of you being on camera, being on stage, plastered on the billboards, is going to change that.

I will think less and less of you every year.

Weeks go by without you in my thoughts. I look at your billboard and advertisements, and they're just... there. Existing, out of perception. Soon it will be months, and then years.

Soon... Lio will have a brother, isn't that great, Cal?"
She smiles staring into Callan.

Her eyes are full of distance. Her eyes are in an apartment, over the sea, a weight on her stomach as she beckons Lio to hear the gentle kicks of the feet in her womb. A giggle escapes her, light pours through the apartment like golden rays, the background is Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven," softly emanating through a wooden radio. A broad-shouldered, firm-jawed man with a thick beard and glasses presses his lips against the crown of her head.

Her hands snake upwards towards the husband and he manifests, and they are no longer in the dirt strewn streets of Mauville, but a beautiful, modern apartment with ivory white walls and honey-gold wood.

Callan is no longer in front of her; he is sucked backwards, outwards, growing ever distant, he is watching life play out. He is drowning, sinking into a pit of meaninglessness, taken from him.

Stop... please...

Callan struggles against the counter, tears and spit run down his face, nausea rolls over his body. His hand is reaching for something invisible, the tumbler he had long knocked over. "Don't leave..." He utters, the energy to scream has left him.

Don't leave me here to die, in this godforsaken region.

The world swirls, slowly around him into black, a comforting presence. Absence, void, utter annihilation. The white shadow that creeps around him churns, sputters, and struggles to escape. Red eyes stare into an abyss, and from it, red eyes stare back.

"It will never end. The world will never care. It has forgotten you. The universe collapses around you. Your coworkers despise you. The people you live with do not understand you.

You are alone, and the world is blind to your pain. So make them see."

Make them see. Starting with the one responsible.

From the depths of the abyss, roll of wood. Callan slowly lifts himself from the pitch black ground, a single brush lay in front of him, its ink dyed deep red. The wood unfurls, slates bound together by a coarse rope. Upon its slats, names, deeds, historical horrors.

Callan slowly picks up the brush. Ruination beckoning him forward.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 23:09:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Fascinating.[break][break]

Carmine eyes remained transfixed on his own hollow, empty stare, gazing distantly past her at hurts that radiated from his palm with all the burning rage of fire. It pulsed against her skin, stoking the inferno of her own resentment like kindling.[break][break]

The sensation gave her a drunken high that the absinthe couldn't. This was a pleasure that alcohol refused to give her.[break][break]

She herself was poison, now.[break][break]

"Motherhood was something I thought I wanted, once," Elisabeth said, shattering the interlude of his trance. "But what is parenthood but an amalgamation of bitterness and regret? You spend your every waking moment thinking of the living embodiment of your own mistakes."[break][break]

His free hand grasped for something that wasn't there. He reached into the darkness of his thoughts, but nothing reached back.[break][break]

The devil had already collected her due.[break][break]

"It makes you wonder if other people are worth the pain they cause us, in the end. If our suffering has ever meant something to anyone."[break][break]

"Never," the hissing voice inside her heart decided. "Not once. Not ever."
[break]

The dismissal in her statement rang with a sneering haughtiness of certainty. It was why she ultimately released him from her grip, fingers curling back into her palm like the white legs of a spider.[break][break]

"Do you still pretend that matters to you? Do you care enough to claim your meaningless prize?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 5:06:20 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The tablet slips, the brush dissipates with the return of Elisabeth's voice. The blackness scatters like roachs from his vission, slowly unveiling the dim orange and red light of his own bar.

Elisabeth's grip falls from his as he stumbles backwards, his body pins against the back cabinet and he slinks down to the floor.

In a way, he didn't know for certain, if he would have written something down.

And in a way, the woman had saved him from it as she spoke. His eyes wander up back towards her carmine eyes.

Now when he stared back into those eyes, he felt something entirely different. Not hatred, not anger. Was it pity? Sympathy?

Empathy?

A shaking hand moves to unfurl a carton of cigarettes from his pocket, it alights, and the man inhales. Nicotine floods into his system, a weak balm against the machinations of what has occurred. He breathes out, and slowly gets up on his feet.

His arms press into the table as he leans forward. His eyes look towards Elisabeth, this time, holding what he thought back. "My mother said the same about me." He smiled, as she began to share of herself. Callan takes a napkin and wipes the tears and snot from his face.

Her reply instilled something inside of Callan, a need to retort and defend.

"But it's not true." Callan says, "All parents believe they love their children. I certainly did. As to whether they it is truly love, that's a different matter."

It was hard for him to fathom how a parent could only feel bitterness and hatred for their child. How would it be true when you could see everything you were, reflected in them? The rush you felt, when they held your frame, when their eyes brighten at the smallest things that you say to please them?

The difficulties were there, that was true. But it was not all pain, all of the time. Fear, stress, terror, certainly. But it was not unhappiness and disdain that flooded his body, it was purpose, desire, protection, to continue to nurture.

He holds her eyes. "What about your parents? Was it all spite, all anger?"

He dabs the ash from his cigarette into a used ashtray as he listens to her. This time, he awaits the full context of the conversation before he answers.

"I did pretend. In that, you're right," Callan begins, "I wanted to believe it myself." A near invisible shake of the head. "I was using her, to comfort my loneliness. And when I put it to the test, when I wagered on it, I realized I was wrong."

Silence fills the spaces between the pause, as Callan stares at the cinders of his cigarette, burning lightly. "But she is important to me. She is not meaningless. And I do love her, just not in the way that I had thought."

He pauses, placing the cigarette down against the ashtray. "Would you mind if I gave an observation about you?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 5:17:57 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The smoke of his cigarette filled the bar in the silence. As it drifted towards her, a hand lazily waved away the curling wisps of grey while they formed rings between her fingers.[break][break]

"My parents are dead," came her blunt answer. "So it doesn't matter, really."[break][break]

Something in the asking of that rankled her, though. That he held some assumption that he knew her, or that he could pinpoint her beliefs on a particular reason, or find some easy way to explain the depths of her own bitterness.[break][break]

"But we are most likely to resent the things we love, for disappointing us. For failing to meet our expectations."[break][break]

And hadn't he confessed to doing so with just now? Or so it seemed to her mind. All of his declarations of care, for her and for his daughter alike, had all the hold of her of water washing over a stone. They were just pretty words.[break][break]

Men could be good at those, when they wanted to seem better than they were.[break][break]

She laughed again, but this time it was a low, dark sound. She brought the absinthe back to her lips, and again, found herself disappointed by the numbness of its taste.[break][break]

"Make whatever opinion of me you like, Mr. Young. But know my patience wanes."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 6:00:42 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
She avoids the question with a deflection, but Callan does not pursue it.

"I agree." Callan admits. "And it can be the other way around as well, to resent what expectations cannot be fulfilled. To resent that we remain a disappointment to those we love. And it can make one lash out, or hide, to run away from the source."

He was on a razor's edge, he understood. Tempting someone who wished him ill harm, but despite all of her cruel administrations, there was something that pressed in the back of his mind.

"You came to my bar in my time of need," Callan begins, his eyes turning towards Elisabeth. "And you're helping me with something that is important to me. And despite what you have said, or proclaimed, you have listened to me, more than anyone else in the League has. In your own... painful way."

Callan billows smoke from his mouth and dips the cigarette. "Part of me wonders if you believe deeply in the goodness of others."

A pause hangs in the air, Callan briefly hesitates from potentially starting her ire. "And others have disappointed you profoundly. Myself, a minor example."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 23:59:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her fingertip traced the rim of her glass, irritable and restless, as he continued in his baseless proclamations. Finally she released her hold of it, picking up a napkin instead.[break][break]

"There's an expression," she said suddenly, finding a pen nearby and scrawling a specific time on the napkin's surface. "'Even Dialga cannot find a lost opportunity.' My gift to you is an awareness of when your window opens and closes: when the prisoners will be transferred between their cells."[break][break]

And hadn't she learned that firsthand, witnessing countless timelines at Celebi's side? It was a glance into all the doors that had closed on her. It was a temptation to see the lives that she had been denied the ability to live.[break][break]

Taunted by endless lost opportunities.[break][break]

"You think I am acting out of kindness, but you misunderstand me, Mr. Young. I am giving you exactly enough hope to do something reckless and stupid, while keeping victory well out of your reach."[break][break]

She slid the napkin his way across the counter, knowing he was unable to view it from his place on the floor and indifferent to the minor difficulty it posed him.[break][break]

"How you find your way to the prisons, and how you know to find Elinor herself, is a misery I leave you to solve now that there's a timer set in motion."[break][break]

Having said this, Elisabeth stood up to leave, her heels a sharp staccato against the floor as she moved to abandon him and his unfounded assumptions about her. Inherent goodness? Inherent selfishness, more like.[break][break]

It was easy to be 'good' when the world was kind.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 5:35:39 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The muted glow of the bar light was just enough for him to discern the scrawl on the napkin. Callan locked onto the pen-scrawled numbers as if deciphering a cosmic code leading to uncharted territories. He fumbles into his pocket to take out a phone to snap a picture of the napkin.

A chill of uncertainty danced along his nerves. Was it real? His thoughts swirled. To trust Elisabeth was akin to treading on thin ice with the beating, sweltering sun overhead.

He needed confirmation, a process his mind was already working to construct. Even amidst the torrent of doubts and her sharp words, there was a whispering voice in his gut that played a different tune.

Callan watched as the clack of her boots left his bar. He shouldn't say anything else. But still.

"Elisabeth..." His voice was a low hum that rippled through the bar noise. He adjusted his tone, grounding his sincerity. "Thank you."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
JEZEBEL [M]
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 7:20:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: