Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 17:25:22 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

had changed.[break][break]
It wasn't a subtle thing. It reminded Nomi of the sudden darkening of the sky before a storm. Unsettling, anticipatory. The former florist's hair had gone from sunshine gold to midnight black, her beautiful emerald eyes now a violent red fraught with unburdened disdain. The air around her seemed drier, her shadow longer, her entire demeanor somehow taller and more imposing than before.[break][break]
As Nomi entered the small laboratory where the Crystablooms were kept, however, it wasn't so much that she felt intimidated by the new Elisabeth - though perhaps that was the Underboss's intention - but rather, she felt a vague sense of familiarity.[break][break]
This was the woman who had tried to kill her in the Ultra Deep Sea.[break][break]
Tread carefully, Naomi.[break][break]
"Apologies for the delay," Nomi said pleasantly to the terrible woman standing before her, an Unown-N floating watchfully above Nomi's head. "The departure of was rather unexpected. He left behind many unfinished projects that I hope to continue."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]
Nomi's Outfit Inspiration[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 5:28:49 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

This sniveling apology irritated her beyond reason.[break][break]

The underboss crossed her arms as she listened to the Head Scientist explain her reasons for her delay -- something about Oscar Clayton, who'd apparently departed? Elisabeth had frankly not noticed, self-absorbed as she was in her current mental state.[break][break]

Nor did she mind overmuch the loss, save for the way it had inconvenienced her just now.[break][break]

"In the future, I would advise against keeping us waiting," Elisabeth said brusquely, peering up at the Unown-N with a frown.[break][break]

What eerie intruders these Unown were: emotionless creatures that seemed to have no discernible intent.[break][break]

"Is this your first visit to the crystabloom labs?"[break][break]

The inquiry came out sharp, like an accusation.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 0:23:21 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

It was as if Nomi's very existence irritated Elisabeth. The woman had never cared for her the way others in their organization had - there had always been some kind of invisible barrier between them, one that had something to do with - but Elisabeth had always shown the young scientist at least some measure of respect. Nomi had always suspected that Elisabeth had a much darker view of the world hidden beneath her carefully curated composure, but now she wore her resentment like a fashionable cloak.[break][break]
The Unown-N stared back with unblinking scrutiny.[break][break]
"No," Nomi replied calmly. "I have been here before."[break][break]
Crystablooms were not necessarily her realm of expertise, but anything that constituted an anomaly was of interest to Nomi. She had searched for them with once, at the request of Lulu. She knew they were responsible for the illumina phenomenon. They were enigmatic and ethereal, glowing flowers that were more crystal than plant.[break][break]
Rocket's small collection of the otherworldly flowers appeared gloomier than Nomi remembered, however. Depleted. As if their light was being siphoned out of them in a slow trickle.[break][break]
The ones nearest to Elisabeth seemed the most dim.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON May 17, 2023 16:28:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Good. Then you should be familiar with the processes here."[break][break]

Clipped and terse, her tone neither conveyed interest in continuing their conversation further, nor any desire to make this continuation a pleasant one.[break][break]

Something about the way held herself had always made her difficult to endure. This... what was the word? Sincerity? It felt saccharine. [break][break]

Suffocating.[break][break]

"I will be then delegating this laboratory to your department. It's an overdue shift, frankly. I have greater matters that require my attention as underboss."[break][break]

This was the excuse she preferred to cling to.[break][break]

The dying light of a crystabloom by her side flickered weakly, protesting its validity in silence.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 1:13:32 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Is that so?"[break][break]
Nomi cocked her head, waves of pink falling across a delicate shoulder. She approached the Crystablooms, reaching out a hand to gently stroke the petals of the one nearest Elisabeth. It had faded so dramatically it almost did not glow at all anymore. Nomi looking down at it, then back up at Elisabeth. The Underboss's eyes were the sort of red that made one think of blood at its brightest hue: the kind that poured from a fresh wound.[break][break]
"You loved these once, Elisabeth," Nomi murmured, nodding at the Crystablooms, voice taking on a kindly softness in response to Elisabeth's awful candor.[break][break]
"I hear you've left floristry altogether."[break][break]
A sudden compulsion came over Nomi as she continued to gaze at this new Elisabeth, this woman with venom flowing through her veins. Whoever this creature was, they reminded Nomi of a ball of string unraveling until it was nothing more than a frayed end. Elisabeth was careening down a path of self-destruction, and if Nomi - and her peers - weren't careful, she'd take all of Rocket down with her.[break][break]
Nomi knew this, and yet, she felt compelled to poke at the beast. Perhaps it was merely in the nature of a scientist to learn by experimentation.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 6:09:11 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth lifted an eyebrow, frown deepening. Was that pity she heard? Ugh.[break][break]

"Moonlighting as a florist while operating as a Rocket underboss seems like a waste of my time and resources, don't you think?"[break][break]

She stomped off to the other side of the room, arms crossed defiantly, as the crystablooms dimmed with each step that passed them by. They winked and flickered as if serving as a procession of dying lights, only to regain their previous luminescence after being freed of her shadow.[break][break]

"I was just feeling sentimental a little too long, that's all."[break][break]

Proving herself to what, exactly? A dead man? Some version of herself that she needed to believe still existed? How infantile.[break][break]

It sickened her to recall that weakness, now.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 2:37:36 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Is that it?" Nomi dared to press. "Sentimentality?"[break][break]
The way the crystablooms were reacting to the dark-haired Elisabeth reminded Nomi of a faulty string of fairy lights flickering on and off and on again, as if unable to make up its mind about what it wanted to be: dim or bright, ugly or beautiful, dead or alive.[break][break]
It occurred to Nomi that this conversation was an important opportunity she could not pass up, no matter the risks. After all, Elisabeth's Patron was a Pokémon Rocket knew frustratingly little about. It had likely come to Hoenn by breaking through the seal inside of the Jubokko tree in The Border. That was about as much as anyone knew for certain.[break][break]
Nomi needed to gather as much data as possible, before the creature known as Wo-chien was out of reach.[break][break]
"Or is it that you can no longer grow things at all, Underboss Fiorelli?"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 6:46:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A harsh glare leveled the shorter woman with a single, sweeping glance. Who was she to question an underboss? When Elisabeth next spoke, her voice dripped with derision.[break][break]

"On the contrary. I grow things better than I ever have before. I would demonstrate, but I value the state of the submarine at present."[break][break]

She examined her nails idly, suddenly bored in both her tone and affectation. Lips curled into a smirk.[break][break]

"Surely a Head Scientist as bright as you can see that sinking it would be far from ideal."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 14:26:23 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi raised an eyebrow.[break][break]
"So you cannot control your power, then?" She asked innocently, meeting Elisabeth's red eyes with her own similarly hued pair. "The only option is to destroy this submarine, were I to ask you to demonstrate what you are capable of?"[break][break]
Was this woman so destructive now that she could no longer handle the concept of nuance? Nomi leaned against one of the lab tables, folding her arms. She surveyed Elisabeth with the critical air of a scientist, her emotional landscape hidden beneath a scrutinizing gaze that only betrayed one sentiment: curiosity.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 16:46:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The floor shook, every so slightly, as Elisabeth stared blankly at with a look that knew no fondness. The smirk had dissipated, souring into a glower that darkened her expression.[break][break]

"I don't particularly enjoy your tone with me, Sato."[break][break]

Carmine eyes met her red, narrowing to a thin point. The room seemed cast in shadow as the porthole window blackened, covered in a dense curtain of seaweed that sprung up as if from nowhere at all to clutch this part of the submarine in its jealous coils.[break][break]

As Elisabeth's face tightened, so too did the red tide blossoming outside.[break][break]

"For someone so concerned about my ability to control myself, you're rather provocative, aren't you? How very daring."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 17:14:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

It happened passively. The small window darkened, seaweed creeping over the glass like groping fingers. Nomi casually shifted against the table, trying not to appear as if she had felt the subtle shaking beneath her feet. But she had, of course. The whole thing happened seamlessly, tied, Nomi realized, not to Elisabeth's conscious decision making, but to her shifts in mood.[break][break]
The thrill of discovery coursed through the young scientist. Now she was getting somewhere.[break][break]
Tread carefully, her self-preservation warned. She felt intuitively sure that if she did push too far, Elisabeth's anger could kill them both. As if sensing the nature of her thoughts, the Unown-N floated closer to Nomi, her very own miniature sentinel.[break][break]
"You misunderstand me," Nomi answered, shrugging. "I am merely curious about you and the gifts your new patron has bestowed upon you. Can you blame me? As you have been quick to remind me, I am a Head Scientist." She paused. "Rocket's only one, at present."[break][break]
The threat was clear: kill me needlessly - even accidentally - and you will face the wrath of the other Underbosses. Perhaps even himself.[break][break]
"It is my responsibility to understand the natures of the Gods that wish to ally with us."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 17:26:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Us?" Elisabeth scoffed in echo, looking equally amused and insulted by the word. "How naïve. Gods are selfish, Sato. It's what they have most in common with us. Wo-chien has no interest in Rocket, only me."[break][break]

It wasn't arrogance, to her mind. Merely a fact.[break][break]

Her resentment had drawn this creature to her; her emotional energies had harmonized with its own. Whether or not she was a Rocket wouldn't have mattered to it, she knew. Either way, it might have claimed her as the Scorned.[break][break]

"I'll observe that if you're Rocket's only Head Scientist, it would behoove you to act with more self-preservation. I surely cannot be there to shield you from every danger you invite upon yourself."[break][break]

"Including us," a cruel voice whispered deep inside of her mind, basking in her discontent. Outside, the seaweed rippled faintly, as if shuddering due to an unseen impulse. "Insolent girl."[break][break]

This time, she wielded the mantle of authority with the same lofty, self-important air the pink-haired woman had. It was a blatant mockery of mutual respect.[break][break]

"As underboss, it is my responsibility to make sure there is a clear understanding of the dynamics of power within our ranks. It'd be a shame to learn you, of all people, lacked that."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 3:05:59 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

What did know of power, truly?[break][break]
"You think me arrogant, but I understand quite well the concept of powerlessness," Nomi murmured, meeting the red storm of Elisabeth's seething gaze, holding tight to her own patience with desperate fingertips. "I come from nothing, unlike those who grew up with money. Fame. Political influence." Like the woman she was speaking to, no? "I have worked hard to earn my station."[break][break]
Nomi paused, stepping closer as if to prove her next point. She could not hear the God that hissed toxic sentiments into Elisabeth's mind, but she could feel the weight of its presence nonetheless. Yes, Elisabeth herself was a danger to Nomi. That much was obvious.[break][break]
"As for my own self-preservation," she continued, keeping her tone even, the neutral lecture of a scientist. "I am perfectly capable of defending myself, should the need arise." She glanced at the Unown.[break][break]
"I knew you before your...recent transformation, Underboss Fiorelli. I admired you a great deal. You did not live feebly prior to your partnership with Wo-chien. Perhaps you were underestimated due to your elegant appearance, or your public persona as a kindly florist, but I knew the truth: you were strong."[break][break]
Nomi smiled with genuine appreciation, the counter to resentment.[break][break]
"I am also strong in that way."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 15:13:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

What self-aggrandizing prattle. Elisabeth's eyebrows knitted together, a glower darkening her face as continued in her lecture. Elisabeth was no stranger to the subtle insults of the Kalosian upper class; she was aware of the way the things unsaid spoke more than the things said aloud.[break][break]

"We can agree on one matter," she said at length, a hand agitatedly pushing back the curls of her hair so that it rippled behind her in a void-black waterfall. "Only those who have been powerless can understand the true weight of power."[break][break]

And what did it mean, to be powerless? The absence of choice.[break][break]

Elisabeth had lived a decade chained to the misery her first true choice had shackled her to. What was fame, but a thousand eyes that judged you for every correct choice you failed to make? What was money, if not a means to control with debt and with obligation? What was political influence, but the final straw that pushed her to kill the monster she'd married before he could gain more power over her?[break][break]

Here she was, this Head Scientist of Rocket, spoiled with choices beyond measure. Hadn't Nomi been the preferred companion of Lulu Flint? Hadn't Elisabeth heard the fondness with which spoke of this woman, now? Like a sister. Elisabeth's own bond with the man had been forged in blood, in the trauma they shared. It was an ugliness they understood in one another, wolf to wolf.[break][break]

If was capable of receiving love, then she couldn't have suffered, Elisabeth silently decided. Not as much as she herself had.[break][break]

"We only understand how strong we truly are, when the world punishes us for wielding whatever strength we possess."[break][break]

And in some way, hadn't Wo-chien done just that? Hadn't it cursed her by rewarding her suffering with purpose?[break][break]

Without what she had endured, no god would dare to bestow its gifts upon her. Not Tapu Fini. Not Wo-chien. And no, not even Celebi, who only sought to interfere in her path when it became clear Elisabeth was destined for Ruination.[break][break]

Without her suffering, Elisabeth would be nothing and no one.[break][break]

"I came from nothing," the woman in front of her had foolishly boasted, as if not realizing that to be a blank slate was its own thing to envy.[break][break]

"There are times it is better to be unnoticed, Sato. To embrace one's own insignificance."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Many Dark Places [S]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 15:49:38 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi was unprepared for the conviction in Elisabeth's tone as she twisted Nomi's compliment, diminishing its effect, in much the same manner her very presence seemed to dim the Crystablooms. Nomi's brow creased ever so slightly, her patience teetering on an edge she had not realized she'd been balancing upon, like a tightrope walker attempting to complete a feat beyond her current skill.[break][break]
The Underboss spoke of punishment. Was there truth to her statement? Would Nomi have pursued her current path as a scientist, risen the ranks of an organization like Rocket, had she not suffered at the hands of abandonment? If she had grown up with loving parents, would she have developed the same ambitions she had now, the same grit, the same determination?[break][break]
She wavered, and Elisabeth continued, sensing a victory. The dark haired woman was like a predator circling her prey, and Nomi felt, for the first time since their exchange had begun, that she may not leave this encounter unscathed.[break][break]
"I agree," she found herself saying. "For the majority of my life, I have taken advantage of the ways in which people often underestimate me." She watched the Unown-N drift closer, feeling a familiar kinship with its small shape and seemingly harmless nature. "I don't know if I would call it insignificance, in an inherent sense, but rather, intentionally continuing to remain innocuous." She paused. "After all, there are those in power who are content to blind themselves to the many ways in which a person can be dangerous."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP