TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 21:37:42 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2top"]
[attr="class","mila2"] "Gunner, I..."

[break][break] He reached for her face, fingers trailing along the curve of her cheek, and her face turned towards him — willingly, obligingly. She nearly fell apart for him, then and there, in the middle of the store.

[break][break] Oh, .

[break][break] Something inside her burned, though in what way, she couldn't quite express. It had always been like this between the both of them. Hot and cold, fiercely independent and yet somehow undeniably attached.

[break][break] 'What do you want me to do?'

[break][break] "Stay," she murmured, looking up imploringly at him. Her face nearly leaned towards his, a hand pressed against his chest.

[break][break] It was then, of course, that the doorbell to PRIMARINA rang and Mila's head looked towards the entrance with alarm. It turned out to be a customer who had walked into the wrong store, who ended up leaving with a hasty goodbye and wave of their hand. Mila blinked, shaken by the moment, before looking back to Gunner.

[break][break] Suddenly, it seemed embarrassing to be so close to him.

[break][break] She pushed off him gently, clearing her throat.

[break][break] "Just stay," she said instead, loftily. "You owe me for brunch anyway." This time, the smile that she sent him was blissful. Wide.

[break][break] Coyly, she said:

[break][break] "I'll tell you how I came back to Primarina."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".mila2"]--accent:#FF68BF; } .mila2 { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mila2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .mila2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mila2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mila2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mila2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .mila2 img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".mila2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FF68BF;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 23:08:23 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Stay," Mila said, and Gunner felt himself unravel. He'd resisted her three times already, each time eroding his willpower more and more. The last tenuous grip on his self-control was slipping — fast.[break][break]

He dipped his head.[break][break]

The bells on the front door chimed as a customer entered. Gunner froze, inches from Mila's mouth. He straightened as she pushed away from him, internally berating himself for almost cheating on Summer.[break][break]

Still, that did not stop him from staring at the pretty blush coloring Mila's cheeks or the brilliant way she smiled.[break][break]

And then she promised to answer his real questions.[break][break]

Gunner sighed and sat back down on the couch. "You better not just be keeping me here for free labor," he said. Nevertheless, he picked up more materials for the next daisy chain. "I'm worth at least fifty PD an hour."[break][break]

He reached up and tugged on her arm, urging her to sit down. "Sit. Tell me what happened."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
ooh, she'll take your name and number then she'll hit erase and walk away
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 3:52:04 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] "Me?" Manipulating him? "Never."

[break][break] Her tone is teasing, but the smile that spreads across her face is genuine. Pulled down by him, she sits back down on the cushion, watching as he picks up the task back up again. He was getting a little bit better on his second run.

[break][break] "Give yourself some credit - you're worth at least twice that." Her fingers reach to pick up another string, looping daisies through with gentle finesse. Despite her manicured nails, there was something swift and practiced in the way she created one, moving quickly to another. "But I'll pay you with something better."

[break][break] Answers.

[break][break] "A couple of weeks ago, a letter came in the mail. Primarina's previous owner, Madame Dupont, died." For a moment, she pauses. Real grief passes through at the thought. There had been many casualties from the crashing meteor in the fall, but she'd been holding on for several months before suffering from a sudden heart attack. "She had no children, or family, so - I guess - I was the next in line."

[break][break] A sigh flutters forth.

[break][break] "I never thought I'd be a business owner."

[break][break] She'd almost said no.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".mila2"]--accent:#FF68BF; } .mila2 { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .mila2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .mila2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .mila2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .mila2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .mila2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .mila2 img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".mila2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FF68BF;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 13:56:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner snorted goodnaturedly at Mila's claim of innocence. He knew, perhaps better than anyone, that she could be a manipulative bitch whenever she felt it would benefit her. And he'd been on the receiving end of that abuse plenty of times.[break][break]

But neither was he faultless.[break][break]

So his fingers continued to add to the necklace as he said, "Oh wow, a hundred PD? What's up with your flattery? You miss me that much?" He grinned and threw her a sidelong glance.[break][break]

Gunner grew serious, however, when Mila shared the news of her previous employer's death. In the brief pause, he caught a flash of grief entering her eyes.[break][break]

"I'm sorry," he said, meaning it. "I know how much working for her meant to you, after…" Mila's defection. "…everything that happened. Are you doing okay on your own?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 15:32:47 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] Mila rolled her eyes at him.

[break][break] "As if," she scoffed. "Maybe in your wildest dreams."

[break][break] Missing him? Even if a tiny part of her might have known that was true, there was no way in hell that she was going to admit it to him. Not if she'd have to see his smug face.

[break][break] The daisy chain she's working on drops in her lap as Mila sighs, leaning back against the couch cushions and fluttering her eyes shut. She could still remember the way Madame Dupont looked at the funeral, still remembered the picturesque way that they'd made her — all so that people could pretend to forget that she was actually dead.

[break][break] Disgust recoiled her stomach at the memory, and she opened her eyes again, just to hear Gunner apologizing.

[break][break] The smile she gave him was bemused, head rolling against the cushions to look at him out of the corner of his eye. There was something oddly vulnerable in the way she looked at him, yet somehow still shielded from readable emotion.

[break][break] "If I said I wasn't, would you come save me? My knight in shining armor?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 18:40:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Typical Mila. She didn't have the capacity to miss anyone — except her brother, who'd been dead for years. Her chaotic nature and tempestuous personality thrived on independence; missing another person was probably too much of a cage for her to bear.[break][break]

Or so Gunner thought.[break][break]

When she posed her question, he paused his work. Her expression was unreadable, though he could have sworn he'd seen it on her face in mornings past, when they'd lain in each other's arms.[break][break]

Uncomfortable with the way his chest tightened at the memory, Gunner looked down at his hands. The daisy necklaces were improving, one by one.[break][break]

"Not a chance," he said, forcing a laugh. "Maybe the dumbasses you sleep with are fooled into thinking you're some damsel in distress, but not me. Besides, I thought you didn't want to be saved by some asshole with a hero complex."[break][break]

Even with the alcohol pumping through his veins, he distinctly recalled how she'd mocked him at the bar.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 7:35:37 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] her heart was shuttered from emotion, but that was only because she had gotten so good at doing it. without anyone like in her life, it had been easy to hide herself from everyone else.

[break][break] even now, he'd been able to nearly unravel her in an afternoon. even now, as she looked at him, her head leaning back against the couch cushions with that half-bemused smile on her face, she felt her heart opening up to him.

[break][break] 'not a chance.'

[break][break] just like that, the doors shut again.

[break][break] "you ass," she said with a laugh. but it was a little too sharp, a little too serious. she easily looped together another necklace, tossing it into the container. "so your girlfriend's a damsel, then?"

[break][break] she arches her brow at him.

[break][break] "did you save her?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 19:36:34 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Despite Mila's laugh, Gunner knew his comment had cut deep. A part of him puffed with pride that he'd been able to land such a jab after suffering her acidic comments. But another part of him, the quieter part that ached to be with her, scolded him for pushing her away again.[break][break]

Especially because of the questions from her that followed.[break][break]

"Summer is not a damsel," Gunner said hotly. "She's an elegant, refined woman who wouldn't put herself in any situation where she needs saving."[break][break]

But wealth and privilege tended to make people more reckless than usual, heedless of dangers more familiar to the average person. He only hoped the recent revelation of 's pregnancy would make her exercise more caution.[break][break]

Little did Gunner know he was very wrong about that.[break][break]

"Anyway, leave her out of this. She hasn't done anything to you."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 6:52:06 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] her words cut deep.

[break][break] her claws had sunk into the places that she knew would hurt gunner the most, the places that she knew were left vulnerable and open to attack. no matter how much she denied it, mila was the one who knew him best. not summer.

[break][break] "elegant and refined, huh?"

[break][break] she didn't believe it, not a chance. was a man with a hero complex, and he would've never tossed up a chance to pick someone who was a damsel in distress. it was his inner calling — was one of the things that she'd always both adored and hated about him.

[break][break] she placed another daisy chain between them.

[break][break] "no, no - go on, tell me about her. how'd you meet, how'd you fall in love?"

[break][break] her lips twisted into a smile. her gaze a little too sharp.

[break][break] "tell me all about her, gunnie."

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 14:59:50 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Mila's mockery was the last straw. Gunner had stayed because she'd asked, but he wasn't about to put up with her insulting Summer. Not while he was present.[break][break]

And he knew just how to get Mila to stop.[break][break]

"We met at a party," he said, the acid in his voice matching the wickedness in her smile. "We snuck off when no one was looking and I fucked her against a wall."[break][break]

Because how many times had Mila and Gunner done the same thing? How many times had they laughed about it later, their sordid secret? It was a brazen deed only they did with each other, a mark of their high compatibility.[break][break]

But no longer.[break][break]

"She liked it so much, she wanted the rest of me, too."[break][break]

And now Mila had none of Gunner to hold in the same way.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 15:13:45 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] she'd asked him. she couldn't be mad, because she'd asked him. that was the logical conclusion to draw from it all — mila couldn't be upset if it was something that she'd asked for, had pushed him for, had all but clawed out of him. gunner was a good guy, he wouldn't have done it if she hadn't asked. she did this to him, did this to them. it was always what she was doing. hurt, hurt, hurt. she'd asked for it, so she couldn't be mad about it.

[break][break] the swell of hurt in her eyes was masqueraded quick by the wave of anger that flushed her face.

[break][break] "and you just gave it to her?"

[break][break] she leaned closer to him, manicured nails landing upon the fabric of his cotton shirt.

[break][break] "all because she gave you what i didn't?"

[break][break] she bared her teeth.

[break][break] "i'm happy for you, gunner."

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 15:26:30 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner did not see the flash of pain in Mila's eyes, only the anger that made its home there. How dare she? After provoking him like she had, how dare she claim fury as her own?[break][break]

He brushed her hand away with a sharp, indignant movement of his own.[break][break]

"You fucking left me!" he yelled back, the hurt in his own voice entangled with his rage. "You weren't home when I got back from Kalos! You weren't anywhere!"[break][break]

Blue eyes pierced through her red ones, accusatory, wounded.[break][break]

"You don't get to be mad at me for moving on with my life. For dating someone. Arceus forbid I try to find happiness after Team Rocket destroyed what I had of it!"[break][break]

Gunner had enough. Throwing his a half-finished daisy chain into the box, he stood up with the same abruptness as before.[break][break]

"At least Summer loves me. I don't think you'd know what love is even if it slapped you in the face," he said, venom masking the words he was too cowardly to say.[break][break]

I wanted to love you.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 15:42:13 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] hurt was familiar feeling, but it was anger that made home in mila's expression. it was what was she'd grown accustomed to over the years; it was easier to deal with then the pain of suffering or loss, easier to deal with than the hurt in gunner's gaze as he looked at her.

[break][break] "i had no choice! you left me first!" she screamed right back at him, standing up to glare at him. memories that she'd longago tucked away came rushing back in full force, crashing down on her like waves. the crackle of the TV in her and 's living room, the frantic feelings she had felt when she'd seen that team rocket was back, the panic that had risen in her voice when her best friend had tried to convince her to stay and she couldn't. "you weren't there when i needed you. you were gone! you weren't there when i —"

[break][break] at least summer loves me. i don't think you'd know what love is even if it slapped you in the face.

[break][break] this time, the hurt that rings in her expression is viciously bright. it gleams beneath storms of fuchsia.

[break][break] "you're right, gunner," she said, voice cold. "i'm just a monster who's not capable of love."

[break][break] all the nights she'd spent telling him of her deepest, darkest secrets - of how she was afraid to love because she knew what it did to people, of how she didn't think that people like her deserved it - and gunner had just used it to slap her in the face.

[break][break] "you happy?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 16:03:33 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Was happy?[break][break]

No. Not there, standing with his hands balled into quaking fists. Not as he glared, tight-lipped, at the woman he'd comforted on many nights, holding her in his arms as she confessed her fears to him in whispers.[break][break]

Not when Mila stirred long-buried feelings of desire in him, tempting him away from the mother of his child.[break][break]

Not when he wanted, more than anything, to go back to a time when his life was more tumult than peace. Mila had been the worst thing to happen to him, yet deep in his heart, he knew she'd been the best, too.[break][break]

Better than whatever fanciful game of house he was trying with Summer.[break][break]

Unable to speak for fear of what other hurt he might bring down on her, Gunner did the only thing he could do: he stormed out of Primarina, slamming the door closed behind him.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

n/a
she/her
FEB 28
rustboro city
chaotic bisexual
fashion designer
part-time ranger
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mila
mila alexopoulos
Our Tangled Web [S]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 16:13:27 GMT
mila alexopoulos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mila2"] he left.

[break][break] the sound of primarina's front door slammed, followed by the store's soft jingles. it was as dissonant a sound as any, and yet filled perfectly apt for her in that moment, as she stared at 's back as he left. a tumultuous storm of emotions rose within her - relief that combatted with misery, hate that combatted with loss. it was the things that gunner always did to her, no matter where she was, and it was exactly why she'd had to leave, no matter what it was that said to her back then.

[break][break] 'he's better off without me. you're better off without me.'

[break][break] because try as she might to avoid her father's curse, was still a person who knew only how to hurt.

[break][break] what was the saying? hurt people hurt people?

[break][break] before she could linger more on the thought, however, the doorbell chimed again. she looked up, only to recognize that of one of her new customers.

[break][break] "claude! you're here - just take a seat, i'll be right over." her voice rose with false cheer as she wiped the tears off the back of a hand, turning away to compose herself.

[break][break] in a second, she was back, blissfully fake impression in place as she twirled over to her new client.

[break][break] fuck . she wasn't going to let him ruin her again.

[break][break] she was just fine without him.

[attr="class","ooc"]