kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 15:24:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"not going to lie, it has. a bit, at least."

it doesn't occur to him at the heat of the moment, but when previous events get recalled, he finds himself realizing that he has done feats he wouldn't have done if he was the kyle from before rocket has invaded hoenn.

something in him changed, but he can't exactly pinpoint the part of history where it started.

"come on. i'm not that special. no need to butter me up. you've seen the person who once avoided his duties tackle additional problems that he shouldn't be taking."

just as they did after the takeover on sootopolis.

he breathes a heavy sigh. "you'd probably be the same once you take the position, though i suppose you're already on the way there whether or not you take it." even the statements he's thrown support it. "i'd talk you out of it, but i guess there's no point now," he jests.

people like navy would just involve themselves the moment they had the resolve. as much as a pragmatic and pessimistic character kyle was, it just wasn't in his nature to dissuade.

"oh, i got a fourth one too, by the way."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 17:18:31 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

F-Four?!” He chokes on his coffee. “Nevermind the egos of your elite four, balancing out the egos of four gods sounds like a bigger chore.” He can’t even imagine having one in his corner…[break][break]
Which, he thinks, is what Kyle’s getting at. If he involves himself in these affairs, it will happen, eventually. Navy can’t begin to think of which one would want someone like him. To him, that power seems a poisoned chalice. Navy remembers the slacker that could be bribed with ice cream. He knows well the story of that man being blessed with the powers of a god.[break][break]
Quietly, he wonders: was it that drive to be involved that drew the god’s eye, or did the god’s eye drive him to be further involved? Navy suspects the truth is somewhere in the middle.[break][break]
I sort of hope that doesn’t ever happen to me.” Navy admits. “But you don’t always get the choice to say no, do ya? Who’s the fourth? Big bird and Entei I know about. Think I’ve heard something about the third. Some detective I am.” He adds with a laugh.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 1:51:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"true," he responds to being unable to reject some of them. "it sort of feels bad to refuse their offer too, like i hurt their feelings. it's kind of a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' kind of situations."

as far as kyle knows, the only recorded event of someone denying a legend from bestowing their blessing had been him. tapu koko has been in the same room as him multiple times after, but he still feels the scorn on his look whenever their eyes meet.

"oh, that's expected. i don't really use the fourth one anyways outside of these niche situations that are surprisingly getting more common nowadays." which wasn't much considering he doesn't use ho-oh, nor entei, as much as the other avatars.

he takes a pokeball out of his pockets, the only one in his person while he's at home. while others were scattered all over, this particular pokemon stays with him at all times.

"this one's a child." pertaining to the solgaleo in his hand, sheltered and born a mere few years ago compared to the previous one that set foot in their region.

"one of them 's just a guardian." entei, who was only stepping in to fulfill ho-oh's responsibilities as a patron.

"another doesn't really care as long as it has a stake in the region." terrakion, who kyle feels would find another person the moment their values don't align anymore.

a heavy sigh follows. "big bird's an absentee father. i got lucky, i guess."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 11:23:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

A kid.” Navy’s voice softens at that notion. Children have always been a soft spot of his. Women and children. The innocent so often violently swept up in the storm that is this region. “Man…I need to remember to not ask questions so much.” It’s how he’s survived for so long, staying out of the loop while being friends with the eye of the hurricane.[break][break]
But I guess it’s hard to do that after Dewford. Seeing what Rocket’s capable of…I wonder if Gabe had the same thoughts before, you know…” Before some Rocket, maybe someone important, maybe not, cut him down.[break][break]
Met the guy who has Big Bird’s sister. Nearly did me in, too.”[break][break]
Navy wishes he could say that he was a stronger man. He wishes, knowing how many legends Kyle consorts with, that he wasn’t momentarily tempted to ask Kyle if he could have custody of one of those legends – or at least make the attempt. He simply lets the moment pass. If he wants to look this man in the eye, he can’t follow his lead. He has to find his own way.[break][break]
Champions aren’t the sort of people who chase others’ dreams.[break][break]
Frankly, it’s a miracle Rocket’s only taken over Sootopolis if they have guys like running the show.” Navy’s no idiot. He looked the man up. He knew him by another name in the databases before Dewford – Gavin.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 14:55:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
big bird as a nickname is going to stick at this point.

he doesn't dwell on the topic navy abruptly cut off at the mention of his brother, but instead moves on with the conversation smoothly. fortunately, it's something kyle can open up with a laugh as he brings up one of the most controversial topics within their circle.

"sweet, innocent navy," he prefaces with a chuckle. "are you just dying to join the open forums concerning that topic once you get to be gym leader?"

people have been on verbal spats just from that topic alone. it was a cursed conversation starter if he used it on anyone else high up. luckily, it's just kyle here.

"long story short, the moment they attempt to take over another city, a lot of our personnel are going to make it personal and go all out. i'm sure they can't afford to go against that, especially since it's turncoat season for them."

what the league lacks in finesse, they make it up with brute strength. they do good at dragging their opponents down to their level, as ironic as that sounds in a fight against law and chaos.

"but if anything, i'm betting their next target's going to either be mossdeep or dewford. lucky we're getting a gym leader on one of them, right?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 19:15:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He speaks with the severity of a general pacing the ramparts when he speaks.[break][break]
…are you just dying to join the open forums concerning that topic once you get to be gym leader?[break][break]
I’m dying to win.” His voice is decisive in a way it wasn’t before Dewford, before a Meteor hanged in the sky. Even when Hoenn was invaded by monsters from another world, when heroes bounded through cyberspace, when grand tournaments were held and small triumphs were celebrated, he stood off to the side. He smiled. He prepared another for the day they would join this tale.[break][break]
That person is gone, and he can’t stay on the sidelines any longer. That’s the moral of the story. The message left on the final page of a story still being written.[break][break]
That’s what I like about you, Kyle. You’re so calm. It doesn’t get to you. Being real, I envy that about you.” He’s not afraid to admit that. “Even if it’s personal for you, you don’t fight with hate in your heart. Big bird was onto something when he picked you, even if you didn’t have a choice. There’s a heart of gold in there.”[break][break]
A grin. No detective worth his salt doesn’t know how cheesy that sounds. The grin adds brevity to his tone as he moves on to that final bit of intel.[break][break]
Countin’ on you to help me with somethin’. When the grudge match kicks up, let’s make sure no civvies or dumb grunts get caught in the crossfire. Half the Rockets I fought down in Dewford didn’t know what the hell they were fighting for anymore than I did.”[break][break]
There’s something unvoiced. He thumbs the edge of a certain ultra ball subconsciously. He’s begging him with that smile, and he doesn’t even know it.[break][break]
Please help me keep the black dragon locked up.[break][break]
The creature he needs. His strongest Pokemon. Something that truly understands him. Understands he needs to fight, that he needs to fight with purpose. Something that sows discord wherever it goes.[break][break]
His strongest weapon, and something it will take him years yet to truly master. A beast that understands war.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 8:36:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles at the compliment, covering his face with a hand as he tries to hide the expression he makes.

"more like he doesn't have any other choice," he tells him. "the good die young in this region."

humility is something that lets him stay grounded despite the things he's accomplished. navy was right that purity is something ho-oh looked for in his avatar, though that wasn't to say kyle was perfect by any means.

if he was, he could have said no to navy's request.

"i'll do my best then." it was the only assurance he can give him. "it's not like that's my style, anyways. slateport pd's training already has us take an oath about that after all."

the hand leaves his mouth as he takes another sip of his coffee.

"just know that's not a realistic request. innocent or not, grunts do have orders to follow. i hope you know self-defense always comes first."

as eerie as that sounds, navy should know how kyle acts in the face of adversary consisting of 'civvies or dumb grunts' in a crossfire.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 11:49:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He’s seen firsthand this man’s fury. Every time he recalls those idiots that tried to jump them in Sootopolis, Navy hopes they rethought their lives. Even riding high off a victory, they got sent running. But all the same…[break][break]
It just feels wrong, fighting when so many people on both sides don’t even understand what’s going on. Councilwoman Levy talked about how he could use this to make a difference. Educating his side is how he hopes to make that difference.[break][break]
Maybe, but it’ll be good knowing you’ve got my back. Feeling’s mutual, by the way.” He’s about half a tongue click away from adding a sincere not like you need it before holding back the words. Everyone, no matter how seemingly invincible, needs someone to watch your back. Sure, Big Bird’s there to keep Kyle out of the morgue, but Navy wants to save him the effort.[break][break]
I guess if there’s one thing I’ll give Rocket…at least they make you go out of your way to show you want in. Ain’t no such thing as halfway crooks.” But there’s no point in being all doom and gloom all day.[break][break]
Alright, let’s not talk in circles. We’ve got a whole kennel of dogs to clean. Two guys can get it done faster than one, and Hattori’s water gun can clean the grime off an Urshifu’s fist.” Finishing off the coffee, he stands up, having volunteered to help clean the pack lurking outside. Kyle sure wasn’t lying about one thing, the League’s newest gym leader has a killer work ethic.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 5:43:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
navy's last words almost makes the champion choke on his coffee.

"but there's no need to," he tries to convince navy. "you're a guest and that's not what guests do!"

he leaves the mug on the surface of the nearest table and follows after navy outside.

they say you know you're close with someone once they get comfortable enough to do things in your home that normal people wouldn't do. doing chores against your will probably was one of those things.

"are you sure you're ready for the electrikes?" he asks further in an attempt to dissuade him.

if he's willing to risk getting electrocuted by pokemon with the static ability just for the sake of finishing the task he left, then he supposed kyle can trust him with his back as well.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Slim Gym [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 6:32:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)