6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Taken for Granted [S][C/Honore]
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 7:10:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Today was the greatest day Josh had ever experienced in Hoenn. He never thought something simple as this would beat his experience riding Raikou at full speed across Hoenn. While that was a memory he would treasure for the rest of his life. He was unsure how many hoops had to jump through with the rest of the Council to arrange for the commutation of his sentence, but he was grateful to the Slateport Gym Leader for doing so. By virtue of the Silph sticking his neck out for him, Josh realized a desire he never thought he wanted more than Raikou to choose him as his Avatar: the ability to return to work and lead Mauville's Gym once again.

He had taken his life's work for granted.

Seated on Saber, his Manectric that looked equally excited to get back on the track, Josh passed the final traffic light before reaching Mauville Racing Grounds. Raiden, his Zebstrika, was pulling a cart filled with Poké Balls containing the dozens of ride Pokémon routinely used at the Gym. There was going to be some major restructuring, repairing, and remodeling taking place at the Racing Grounds, at long last able to oversee the full cleanup after 's tragic attack that resulted in the loss of four lives.

Once he was outside the front entrance, Josh reined Saber to a stop and called Interim Gym Leader JACKIE MYERS on her business phone. "Jackie? It's Gym Leader Devlin. I am outside the Gym's front entrance. I would like to request your presence there at your earliest convenience, please and thank you." After an acknowledgement, he disconnected and waited for Interim Gym Leader to show up.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good

{WC: 282}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 22:42:12 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar
.:sunshine on a cloudy day:.
Honoré had been wandering Mauville City for a few hours after getting into town. Cinder, her Ninetales, had easily kept pace with her, but now Honoré was tiring and leaning on Cinder for support. She knew that she was going to have to find a place to stay, or else she’d be camping out on Route 111 for awhile. Having left her hometown of Lavaridge Town just the same day, she hadn't planned too far ahead. In fact, she hadn't really planned anything at all. She was just winging it.

A bit drowsy, Honoré had been walking with her eyes closed, relying on Cinder to be her support and her guide. Cinder loved how Honoré trusted her, and Honoré loved how she trusted Cinder, and the two walked like this for some time.

Honoré's eyes snapped open when she had begun dozing off. Trying to rid them of their sleepy blurriness, she focused on the large building that was ahead of them. As its lines and signs came into clear view, Honoré realized what it was. Shoving off of Cinder, she rushed to the large building. Her pink ponytail bobbed as she jumped up and down excitedly. She screeched, “Oh, Cinder, look! This must be the Mauville City Gym!” She turned back to her Ninetales, her arms waving. It was as if she hadn't been asleep on her feet a moment before, and Cinder snorted in amusement. "I bet you there's so many cute pokemon in there! Mauville City Gym is electric-type, isn't it? Oh wow! I bet they're so strong, too!"

Honoré didn't notice the man or his Manectric standing in front of the gym, even though they were practically side-by-side.

// wc: 282 // occ notes: n/a //

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 6:25:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh was waiting for Jackie, she caught sight of leaping up and down in front of the Gym's entrance. He guided his Manectric toward the pink-haired teen. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with your fine Ninetales there," the Leader addressed her. Though his Pokémon were anything but cute -- if anything, they were quite intimidating for most people -- he wouldn't break a young lady's heart by being blunt.

"Mauville Gym hasn't specialized in a Pokémon type since September of last year," he explained, "and that's what can make it so challenging to come out of with a win." That and Josh's team was just plain strong. They were certainly stronger than when Jackie was leading them in battle; while she was a good racer with a few of Josh's Pokémon, she simply didn't have the battle skills to be an effective Leader.

"I actually work for the Gym. How can I help you?" he asked professionally as the front door swung open, the Interim Leader stepping through alongside a saddle-wearing Sylveon that was the size of a small horse. The fairy-type was easily capable of bearing a single rider.

"Leader Devlin, I'm here. What's going on?" Jackie asked.

This got awkward fast. "I'm sorry, you'll have to give me a couple minutes. I have something important to address with Jackie here. She's a co-worker of mine." He completely skipped over the fact that he was not just an employee, but was the Gym Leader.

{WC: 250}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 1:00:01 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar
Honoré blinked hard at the man as she tried to process what he said. Her brain was pingponging from sleep to the gym to Cinder to the mysterious-man-in-front-of-her, and she was having trouble keeping up. "Ah!" she exclaimed suddenly, "Cinder says thank you for the compliment!" Cinder stared at the newcomer, expressionless, while Honoré did enough emoting for the both of them.

Her eyes grew wide as she noticed, unfortunately for the first time, that he was riding a Manectric. "Oh wow, what a beautiful Manectric!" she beamed. She took a step back to get a better look. "It's too bad the specialization went away- Manectric could be the electric poster pokemon for the gym!" She gazed at the Manectric fondly, imagining it posing in a dramatic promotion photo for the gym, before continuing. "Oh, you work for the gym? That's great, because I have a million quest--"

She stopped abruptly when doors swung open. Honoré squeaked with joy when she saw the large Sylveon, and she turned to admire the pokemon. She wanted ever so much to run to it and smush her face into its chest fur, but the warning look from Cinder kept her rooted. Bowing slightly, she excused herself while he spoke to the woman. Following Cinder's lead, she wandered a bit of a distance back to give them a little privacy.

She cupped her hand and whispered to her companion, "Wait, Cinder, did she say leader?" Honoré tilted her head, and Cinder looked at her but didn't reply.

// wc: 253 // occ notes: n/a //

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 8:12:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As much as Josh didn't want to blow Honoré off, what he needed to go over with Jackie was very important. "I got an email from the Pokémon League last weekend. Effective next week, I will be resuming my duties as Mauville Gym Leader." The Interim Gym Leader's arms opened wide, the two of them embracing. Pinky the Sylveon squealed in joy for her trainer.

"I'm so happy for you, Josh," Jackie answered. "I still don't know exactly why you got suspended, but I'm glad they've let you lead Mauville again. There's no one better for the job anywhere in the city. It's been... overwhelming ever since Shawn died. I don't know how much longer I could have done it."

After the two released one another, Josh gave the Interim Gym Leader a pat on the shoulder. "You did the best you could, and that's what matters. With how long you've had to lead in my absence, I'm sure you have all kinds of PTO. Use it. I'll make sure it gets approved. But I'm getting sidetracked. Because I will be resuming my duties in full, this is the last week you will be expected to take challenges as a Gym Leader. Next week, you will be put back into your previous position as a Gym Trainer. That's all."

The young girl couldn't have looked any more relieved. She was happy not only that the most capable man for the job was allowed back in his rightful position, but that she didn't have to take any more crushing challenges anymore. While Josh's Pokémon were obedient to a fault, working with a Pokémon that wasn't one's own was difficult.

Josh turned back to Honoré, the Sylveon choosing to stay alongside the Gym Leader and his Manectric. "Pardon the interruption. How about we step out to the Racing Grounds in back? I can answer your questions to the best of my ability there."

{WC: 324}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 23:35:52 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar
Arms folded neatly behind her back, Honoré rocked on her heels while she waited. She hummed something unrecognizable, but Cinder seemed to relax as she twitched her ears to the rising and falling tones. Neither were concerned with the private conversation between the two people, but Honoré jumped when the sylveon squeaked suddenly. Deciding instantly it was no cause for alarm, she went back to humming her song.

Her eyes flicked to the super cute sylveon once or twice more as the two spoke, but she stayed by her pokemon's side. She gently stroked Cinder's fur rhythmically to her humming, and her eyelids fluttered while she fought sleep.

She jolted upright when the man addressed her again. "Oh, huh? Sure! Let's!" she chirped, snapping back to wakefulness. She had no idea what he meant by "racing grounds," but she was sure excited to find out.

// wc: 145 // occ notes: n/a //

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 7:22:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Perfect! Follow me," Josh replied, withdrawing his Pokémon and leading the way for Jackie and Honoré to enter the Gym's office. That was where the Leader and Interim Leader parted ways, having to attend to some of her non-battle duties, including prep work to hand the mantle of leadership back to Josh.

The interior of the office building was one giant love letter to the legendary Pokémon Raikou: it depicted a dark purple sky from which massive lightning bolts crashed down. There was even a large photograph on display, the subject being Josh riding on 's Raikou-familiar. It was his proudest moment as a person, and the Gym Leader felt it deserved public display at his facility.

Passing by scheduler and receptionist SHELLY SPIEL, he led Honoré to an expansive, outdoor facility for battling and racing Pokémon. Once there, he let out his entire squad of Pokémon from his belt: a Manectric, which he immediately got back on, followed by a Luxray, Zebstrika, and three Pyroar, one of which was Shiny. All six of them wore riding gear appropriate for their sizes and body shapes, practically beckoning the guest to hop on one of them. In the distance, she could see an Espeon and Umbreon competing against one another on a simple-looking road course signage would identify as Twist Road.

"Alright, fire away," Josh invited the girl's barrage of questions. "I'll try to answer your questions the best I can. Oh, I forgot to ask for your name!"

{WC: 245}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

nyx

she/her
eighteen
february 17
Lavaridge Town
hetero
maid
cadet
single
0 height
0 height
awards
15 posts
Honoré Nara DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @honore
Honoré Nara
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 19:15:40 GMT
Honoré Nara Avatar

Honoré followed the man into the office, blissfully happy to hang around in the meantime. It wasn't like they had anywhere to be. Cinder yawned as she brought up the rear.

When Honoré saw the photograph, her jaw fell open and she rubbed her eyes in disbelief. Forgetting that they were inside, she screeched, "Woah, is that you riding Raikou?!" She didn't understand why his photograph would be on the wall in the first place, but she didn't really consider it, either. All she knew is that this man must be a pretty big deal. Clasping her hand over her mouth, she mumbled an apology for screaming indoors, and obediently followed him outside.

The bright light caused her to squint. Once her eyes readjusted, a grin bloomed on Honoré's face as she observed his team; they all were magnificent, and each had their own riding gear. All together, it was an impressive sight. She could see two pokemon running on a track further afield, and it filled her with delight and awe.

"Oh! Uh, yes! I'm Honoré Nara," she pipped cheerfully with a bow. She took a deep breath, drawing her arms to her chest, before leaning into her quick-paced spew, "So who are you, exactly? What is this racing track? Why was that that lady’s Espeon so big? Why is Mauville so big? Do you know of a good place to stay around here? Does your Manectric have a nickname? Do you ride all of your pokemon? Who makes all of their riding gear? How did you meet Raikou? That was you in the photograph, right? -- oh, there I go again!" She fell back onto her heels with a giggle. “Sorry, that was a lot, wasn’t it? And I haven’t even asked for your name!”

// wc: 296 // occ notes: sorry she's such a spacecase lol //

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 22:44:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Several heads turned toward following her outburst. Josh waited for all of them to turn back toward phones, books, and whatever else they brought to entertain themselves while they waited for Shelly to call their name for their challenge with the Interim Gym Leader. "It is. One of the reasons I became a trainer and a Pokémon racer was to meet, befriend, and ride on Raikou's back. I can say with confidence that there is no land Pokémon that's faster." Unfortunately, that wasn't his Raikou. That was Kyle's. Thankfully, they knew each other, and the Beast could see Josh any time the Champion saw it fit.

And fire away Honoré did. He lost track of some of the questions, but tried to remember as many as he could. "Great to m-meet you, Honoré," Josh answered. "Gym Leader Devlin or Elite Ranger Devlin are my titles, but I prefer to go by Josh. This is Mauville Racing Grounds, which doubles as this city's Pokémon Gym." Saber let out a bark, wagging his short tail. "And this is Saber, my Manectric and closest partner," he introduced the electric-type, a spark or two flying out of the tuft of fur on top of his head.

The Espeon and Umbreon zoomed toward the duo by way of the course coming their way, sliding to a stop at its end. If Honoré had been paying attention, it was the same one the lady had been using, and the Umbreon was just as big. "Almost all of them," Josh answered. "And that lady's Espeon is actually mine. All the Gym Pokémon here are mine," he explained. There were so many of them - there had to be at least sixty! "Janus is his name. As to why he's so big, ever since Space-Time Distortions have showed up, there's been a big increase in the number of wild Pokémon that are really big for their species. There are these red-eyed Pokémon that show up within the Distortion. They're called Alpha Pokémon. They're huge and really difficult to tame, but if you can catch one, they're amazing partners. They lose the red eyes and their Alpha status when you catch them, but it's let me saddle up some Pokémon that would otherwise be too small for it. Could you imagine being on a Jolteon?"

{WC: 394}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 20:55:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: