Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 16:19:00 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

[break][break]

Here, there be monsters. Sea Mauville should have been decommissioned years ago. Its continued survival is the same old story. Too many projects, not enough money or manpower. It’s an area under Navy’s jurisdiction. None of his deputies are qualified. Tsubaki’s busy. He had to place in a call for outside help. is a good sort. Willing to step up, when someone needs to step up. Navy admires him for that.[break][break]

They’ve got gas masks on. Their Pokemon have them as well. Flora, Navy’s Blissey, would almost look cute in her tiny gas mask were it not for the fact that she’s constantly yelling obscenities at the lot of them for their folly. Ralsei, Navy’s Decidueye, is firing off arrows left and right. Picking the Weezings off. For every one they manage to finish off, three more Koffings pop up.[break][break]

It’s like a horde mode in a video game.[break][break]

Man, Tom. Not gonna lie to you. Glad you’re here. Dunno how the League expected me to deal with this by myself.” He commends the other man as the owl frantically holds off the encroaching swarm. Any time one gets close enough to douse him in poison, Flora fixes him up quicky.[break][break]

Show me some of those moves that got you on the Elite 4.” Even under pressure, he can still find an occasion to smile – if the smile could be seen under the gas mask.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 16:52:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Glad to be here."

When Thomas got a call from to help him deal with a ship crawling with Koffing and Weezing, he practically jumped to the call. It was a good excuse to see some action, to shake off his frustrations.

The first course of action he'd take was to have his Vivillon lay down a Safeguard around them, in order to protect their Pokemon from the smog, should their gas masks fail.

His Beheeyem would follow up on this by creating a Psychic Terrain around them. This was all to allow Freke, the Alakazam, to fire off Expanded Force down the ship, sweeping several Koffing and Weezing in a single attack. Despite this, several more would come out of the woodwork, in order to attempt to avenge their comrades.

"These moves, right?", Thomas asked playfully.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 17:04:37 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Color Navy impressed. It’s been years since he’s gotten to see Thomas in action. It’s like an old poet says, the real war’s never in the papers. The real action’s never broadcast on the TV. Not in Hoenn. No, you’ve got to join them on the battlefield if you want to see a trainer at his best. They’ve got a safe zone, a whole hallway’s cleared out. Ralsei has room to breathe.[break][break]
The bird gives Thomas a salute. He’s got time to line up shots.[break][break]
At least he would if the Weezing weren’t starting to come at them from below. The ground beneath their feet is metal, but like all metal, this stuff has given way to rust. Four more Weezing have emerged from a hole in the ground.[break][break]
Arceus, the smell. Even through the filtered gas mask, it’s noxious. Easily the worst smell Navy’s ever smelled in his life. It’s a feat equal to a championship match to keep from puking.[break][break]
Yeah, like that.” Navy manages. “Holy…shit…” The smell’s getting to him.[break][break]
In a flash of red light, Shuwen breaks free of his ball. Glancing to Thomas’s hip, wondering if the Kubfu that would be his protégé is there, Shuwen turns and endeavors to keep the pressure off of the rest of them. His surging strikes sweep across the battlefield.[break][break]
ORAAAAAA!” The bear yells.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 17:23:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Vivillon, despite his job being done, refused to return to his Pokeball. Instead, he would continue to barrage the horde of poisonous Pokemon with Gusts of wind, intent on at least drawing out aggro, in order for his big brothers to capitalize on.

Upon seeing the emergence of more Koffing and Weezing from down below, the Beheeyem warned the other two with his Telepathy.

Elvis the Beheeyem wasted no time in blasting the oncoming Koffing and Weezing with bursts of Psychic energy. Freke, meanwhile, continued to assail them mercilessly with Expanding Force.

As the Urshifu popped out of his Pokeball, the Kubfu would follow. The young bear gave his older brother a nod, before he started his attack. But rather than immediately attacking, the Kubfu would instead pull at the two white hairs on the back of his head, his body Bulking Up for the coming attack.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 17:35:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Q-Question, for ya.” Navy steadies himself, his nose calming down thanks to the gusts of wind. “Your l’il guy. You want him to be a rapid striker or put everything he has into one single strike? Shuwen goes for a whole bunch of punches at once. I think he can still train your guy no matter what, but it’s just something to keep in mind.”[break][break]
Shuwen gives a nod of thanks to his partner in crime for asking that question. Having given a proper demonstration of his rapid strike style, he tries his best to imitate the single strike style for which ’s Urshifu is known. Balling his hand into a fist, he looks to an oncoming weezing and throws a draining punch. A single powerful fist. A direct line from nerve to bone to muscle, connecting all the way to the fist that shatters the Weezing’s frame.[break][break]
It crashes through a wall, out into the ocean beyond.[break][break]
Mudaaaaa!” He tries to imitate his brother’s war cry.[break][break]
No such thing as a bad path.” Navy muses.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 17:47:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas looks to the man as he asks his question. It was a good one, albeit one Thomas didn't really put much thought into. Not out of negligence for the Kubfu, but rather to allow the little guy to make his own choice.

The Kubfu would spot a Weezing coming for him, the overwhelming Stench of the Poison-type immediately catching his attention. With a well-timed leap, the Kubfu would send the gas ball flying back into the ocean with Iron Head. He would then let out his own imitation of the Single Strike Urshifu's cry, as if he had chosen what he had wanted.

"Looks like he favors Single Strike. Makes sense, considering how he's handled sparring exercises.", the Kalosian would remark.

"Of course. And if he does go down that path, then I imagine they'd be able to compliment one another in battle."

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 17:56:17 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Shuwen stifles a smile when the little one imitates the war cry. This one has potential. Offering him a thumbs up, he turns towards the gathering swarm. The last of the Weezing left on the rig. For now. More will return. They always return.[break][break]
Look alive, sunshine. There’s always a bigger hill to climb. Let’s show this little guy how high he can climb if he puts his mind to it, eh Shuwen?” The stone placed into Navy’s watch begins to glow. A legendary stone. Something less than ten people in the world own. It surges with power. Strength best reserved for the direst of circumstances.[break][break]
But it’s for a good purpose. Training a young one. Shuwen is consumed by blinding light. Even the Weezing are caught off guard by this. They look to one another. They drift closer. Each of them wants to be the one to do this strange bear in.[break][break]
What a dumb mistake.[break] [break][break]
ORAAAAAAA!” The first of a thousand fists slams into the nearest Weezing. Shuwen’s voice is deeper, like everything he has is put into that cry. That fist cascades into ten, a hundred, countless repetitions of the same flowing motions.[break][break]
Onto one, onto all of the surrounding monsters. They are sent flying like their brother. Shuwen stands much taller – a full twelve feet tall. Rolling blue energy rolls off of him. His eyes obscured by white light. His stoic, grim lips bear a warrior’s scowl.[break][break]
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 18:43:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The young Kubfu could only look on in amazement as his big brother was enclosed in a chrysalis of energy. What emerged from it caused the little guy to look on in pure awe, especially as he managed to strike down several Weezing in his path.

One enterprising Weezing would attempt to lob a Sludge Bomb at the Urshifu's back. The Kubfu, Detecting this in time, would grab a large piece of metal, and use it as a shield to take the Sludge Bomb, before it could hit the larger Pokemon.

Following up on this, the Beheeyem would grab the Weezing with a Psychic hold, thrashing it against the floor and walls, before tossing it out to sea.

tags:

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 18:48:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He thanks his little brother when he is saved from the sludge bomb. Another weezing tosses another of the sludge bombs his way. Showing how he does things, Shuwen barrels through. He grabs the last of the Weezing. Turning on a dime, he gathers momentum. Wind whips around him. With a roar, he tosses the Weezing out screaming into the sea.[break][break]
Well, looks like that’s the last of ‘em.” The Sheriff says as he wipes sweat from his brow. Shuwen, sensing the fight is over, allows his mega evolution to fade before it brings him any harm. He gives the smaller Kubfu a thumb’s up.[break][break]
…there’d better be a fat paycheck from the League coming our way for this work. Didn’t know I’d be signing up to play exterminator.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 18:57:40 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The Kubfu is surprised to get a thumbs up from the Urshifu. Nevertheless, he gladly takes it, bowing to his bigger brother in respect and admiration.

With the last of the Koffing and Weezing taken care of, the two Psychic-types ease up. The Psychic Terrain and Safeguard both fade away at the same time. The Vivillon lets out a cheer, while doing small laps around the skies in celebration of their victory.

Thomas smiles at the butterfly. "You did great, little buddy!", he told the Vivillon, who rushes up to give him a hug. Thomas would gently hug the insect, giving him an affectionate pet.

Thomas couldn't help but chuckle upon hearing the man's remark about pay. All he could hope was that the League began compensating their people properly. After all, they had to help back them.

"You did great, Navidson.", he'd tell the sheriff. "Need a ride back home?", he'd offer.

The two Psychic-types would step up, ready to teleport the two of them back to Dewford Town, should they accept their offer.

tags:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sea Oddity [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 0:12:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: