Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 3:35:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Burnish orange, the sun winked its greetings as it slowly tucked itself behind the rolling wave. All the while, laughter continued to bounce off from the small cluster of shadows prancing about its shore and shallow bits.
[break][break]

Given the events of the ultra-deep sea and upcoming whispers of an attack on the ruinous beasts, the league had decided to extend its warmth, inviting those under the organization to a beach outing. From the start, Penelope did little to engage with the crowd. While they made boisterous jokes, she kept to a book. While they tossed the frisbee back and forth, she kept to her tanning, blocking all conversations with the simple plug of her earplugs.
[break][break]

Even now, while the others made fun along the shallow waves, she kept to herself, maining the fire that fought to burn.
[break][break]

Curled up, back pressed against one of the propped logs, shadows licked the carvings of her downturned expression.
[break][break]

With a stick, she poked the flames.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 4:40:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

a painful mid-game is what he finds himself in.[break][break]

his conversation with rests in the recesses of his mind, lingering, fading at times, but never quite disappearing. if this is what it takes, then so be it.[break][break]

"hey."[break][break]

he calls out over the flickering flames as he approaches. a step over the log is all it takes before he finds himself next to her. he sinks down to join her.[break][break]

"you've been keeping to yourself most of the day. you good?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 5:19:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Mm?"
[break][break]

Despite the lazy side glance she offered, her chest squeezed tight.
[break][break]

Of course, it was him. It was always him.
[break][break]

"Yeah. Just tired."
[break][break]

Shrugging, amber eyes returned to the fire, its flames the only distraction against the warmth that sunk down beside her. The brush of his skin evoked a ripple of shivers down her arms.
[break][break]

"How about you? Why aren't you with the others?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 5:13:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the others? he glances over his shoulder back at them, briefly watching how they seem to be having fun in the water.[break][break]

"oh, i think i've spent more than enough time with them."[break][break]

the thought of heading into the ocean doesn't sit well with him either, so there's that.[break][break]

"plus, i wanted to come over to sit with you."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 20:41:46 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

To that, she cracked a half smile.
[break][break]

Despite herself, his words were a cooling touch trailing against the scattered embers and cloying smoke. It soothed more than it seared, and yet it was that exact wordless promise that seeped fear into her. To that, she recoiled. But only by an inch.
[break][break]

"Well, I can try to be half as entertaining as those guys."
[break][break]

As she glanced over, shadows darted across her face, dancing along with her infrequent movement. To herself, she might feel bare. Panicky from the needles that plucked her insides apart, but to someone on the outside, with no knowledge of the unfurling emotions that filled her stomach with knots, there were no signs of fright. Only the trickling sensation that more poked out from this mask of politeness.
[break][break]

"But know I can't make any promises."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:14:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

promises.[break][break]

what good would they be coming from her?[break][break]

you shouldn't, is what he wants to say, but for once, he uses better judgment and decides against it.[break][break]

"that's okay. i appreciate you for you, so just be yourself."[break][break]

he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a flask.[break][break]

"drink?"[break][break]

like pouring alcohol over a burning fire.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:26:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"that's okay. i appreciate you for you, so just be yourself."
[break][break]

Typically, such honeyed words would pierce through her armor with startling precision. A weakness that herald the greater threat his presence brought onto her. Alas, things were different now. Shields weren't so easily dismissed by one wave of niceties.
[break][break]

"Sure."
[break][break]

She took the flask and helped herself to a sip with practiced ease. The sting that accompanied the vice was no more than a dull tickle down her throat now, warm and familiar as an old blanket curled around her skin.
[break][break]

"You've been okay?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:31:39 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i've been hanging in there."[break][break]

the truth of how he has been doing is kept to himself. even if he may regard her as the person he knows and loves, he knows that he's also talking to the councilwoman many fear and respect.[break][break]

he takes the flask from her and sips as well.[break][break]

"how was your time off?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:42:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was a loaded question.
[break][break]

One that almost evoked a cackle, an overblown explosion of laughter, a wildish grin carved up to her ear.
[break][break]

'hellish,' she would've explained through the fits of unnatural chortling, hoisted up from the heaviest pits of her stomach, until her entire body was in vibration, moving to the extension of her craze.
[break][break]

But, instead, she chose to mask her mania with a simple shrug and shift back toward the fire.
[break][break]

"Interesting enough. Learned a lot about myself."
[break][break]

An arm was extended out toward the fire. Then, with a soft push forward, the tips of her fingers entered the flickering flames' embrace. The abundance of reds and oranges curl around each index, crafting haunting shadows across her hand. Shadows that promised fervid pain, and yet, failed to deliver such enthusiasm.
[break][break]

"accidentally touched the stove a few nights ago. Thought i'd get burned, but?"
[break][break]

She pulled out her hand, showcasing its pristine condition. "Nada."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:46:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

with strained curiosity, he watches her arm extend toward the fire, though for obvious reasons, he never expects her to burn.[break][break]

"is it that surprising? you were burned alive and walked away unscathed."[break][break]

he remembers the night well. too well, perhaps.[break][break]

"what is it called again? chin-something?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:53:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"If you're talking about Mt chimney,"
[break][break]
The words fly out, loose and uncontrolled. It took a second to reduce its jagged edges and quickened pace, but when her voice returned, its no different than it had been before. Warm, inviting, yet chilled with the morning's fog of distance. Distance born from this newfound situation they'd found themselves trudging through.
[break][break]
"I don't remember everything. Not clearly, anyways."
[break][break]
There were some parts she'd never forget - namely, his betrayal.
[break][break]
And there were others that had taken the shape of black holes; dangerous vortexes where consciousness dies.
[break][break]
"Chi-yu."
[break][break]
That, she remembered.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 5:58:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

amnesia, however, is not what he expects. it makes him tilt his head curiously as he considers how best to approach this.[break][break]

for now, he breathes its name to life, etching it into memory where it will burn away.[break][break]

"chi-yu."[break][break]

the fire cracks before him.[break][break]

"do you want to remember everything?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 6:05:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The trauma of a pact crafted by hellish rebukes toward the world and how it spun had led to these splotches of missed memories. In some regard, she was originally thankful for the way it shielded her from the realities of that night.

[break][break]

"chi-yu."
[break][break]

The way he breathed life into its name evoked a surge of images. Scarlet red bleeding into hues of orange and circlets jade. Wings barring the weight of valor along its feathery tips.
[break][break]

"Tell me."
[break][break]

The fire whispered its cautions. Its worries about what was to come.
[break][break]

"I rather know."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 6:21:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

while he could recount the whole incident for her to hear, he'd rather save himself the trouble of reliving certain incidents and moments, though he suspects those are the ones she doesn't remember in the first place.[break][break]

still, he tries.[break][break]

"what do you remember?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
SPLASHYYY! (B&B)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 6:33:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Another hefty question shrouded in opportunities and pitfalls.
[break][break]
How much would she reveal? How much would she maintain behind lock and key?
[break][break]
How much would maintain the decorum of the truth? How much would succumb to fictive and nascent falsehoods?
[break][break]
"I remember waking up,"
[break][break]
She first delved into the details of their abrupt wake. The raging winds that carried them forward, the beckoning call of the jade, even their first moments among mt chimney's heat.
[break][break]
"I remember seeing Moltres there."
[break][break]
Her eyes returned to his with a glean of morbid curiosity.
[break][break]
"Then there's this...black spot. The next thing I remember is being with you, on your Charizard."

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights