6,586 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
that time when you visit a friend's home during summer [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 10:05:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
dewford, the poor, forgotten corner of hoenn.

the most attention it has received in the last five years was the recent conflict between the two factions. otherwise, the only time people have visited was for family or for granite cave, a place for catching pokemon and entering the ultra deep sea.

kyle's reason this time was neither. invited by the soon-to-be gym leader, he makes his way to the island town by salamence.

he wanders around town, asking people for directions to navy's place of residence in case they know of it. for some reason, it was much easier to find his hole-in-the-wall office back in slateport than here.

in the end, he gives in and calls through his phone, waiting by the pokemon center, which was the heart of the town . "oi, where are you? i've been looking everywhere."

patience runs thin as the hot weather affects the homebody's tolerance.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,931 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 16:02:43 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, Mr. Lopez.” Navy says in a playful voice when he picks up after a single ring. “Slateport’s finest detective can’t find a needle in a beachhouse stack? I’ll be right there. Damn, you missed Baki, too.” He’s wanted to introduce Kyle to Tsubaki for some time. Only seems right a guy he goes way back with should meet the new kid he’s taken into his home. Kyle’s a good influence, maybe he’d get her to chill out.[break][break]
It takes time for Navy to get there. Precious minutes. Minutes where the vilest beast on all the earth catch a whiff of Kyle’s scent. They emerge seemingly out of nowhere. The first example, a girl with her long hair dyed four shades, down to her knee, with an eevee backpack and thick rimmed glasses she obviously didn’t need. Next is a lanky college age kid in some trendy video game t-shirt. Following them, a man who has no business growing a beard.[break][break]
Hoenn’s erstwhile Champion is introduced to a species introduced by the changing times into this town’s ecosystem: hipsters. Hipsters in droves. College kids enjoying their summer, their new trends contrasting with the sleepy old ways of the town. Realizing who Kyle is, they’re bombarding him with questions and statements.[break][break]
Woah. You’re like, the Top Champion.”[break]
Is it true the Sheriff and you are an item?!”[break]
Hey dudester, hahaha, I’m sure you get asked this a lot but I gotta add my name to the pile. Why Poochyena?”[break][break]
The Catcher in the Rye himself rolls up beside the Pokemon Center, his truck lifted and plastered with a star. ‘DEWFORD COUNTY SHERIFF’ is written in big bold letters. Navy rolls down his window, seeing his oldest friend surrounded by a ravenous mob of carnivores.[break][break]
Come with me if you want to live.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,586 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 1:30:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
being thrown question after question, kyle would have tried not to be rude by answering each single one of them had they not flooded the comms with each other's inquiries.

a ray of hope in the form of a truck brings a smile on his face as he sees the familiar face coming to his rescue. the smile on his face immediately drops as he drops his one-liner on the champion.

"google it, check the wiki page, ask your next gym leader about that, etcetera, etcetera," he answers each question one by one before hopping in.

he takes shotgun as a pointing finger keeps the people at bay, using his words as ammo to create space. as soon as he shuts the door close, he breathes a heavy sigh of relief and slumps on the seat.

"really? you went with that?" he tells navy instead of thanking him. "cool entrance though. i'll take that one liner though. it could be worse."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,931 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 2:05:54 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

What can I say, Lopez? I’m a fan of the classics.” The hipster swarm is left behind in a puff of smoke as he revs the truck, taking off down the highway. Voyager, Navy’s Arcanine, barks at them by way of goodbye to the hipsters.[break][break]
It’s a good movie. Been thinking about buying the local theater and refurbishing. Someone’s gotta show these kids and the rest of Hoenn good cinema.’ They speed down the road past contrasting old and new. Gas stations still list prices with old-fashioned signs that were old when these two were young. There’s a café right next to it themed after a video game that came out half a decade ago.[break][break]
League treats their gym leaders right, I’ll say that. They set Baki n’ me up on a beach house right in front of some killer waves.” Navy pulls up to the little place, right down the road from the town and all its noise pollution. It’s more space than he ever thought he’d have. It’s like he’s woke up in a new life, down by the seaside.[break][break]
…they rent Mantine around here, just for your information.” He says with a glint in his eyes.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,586 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 10:50:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"are you sure you're supposed to be using those funds for businesses like that instead of your gym?" he asks, "or are you not going extra for your gym?"

navy couldn't have saved enough money from his old job and have it be enough for a casual local theater. if he did, then kyle would've complained about the system and curse the world for going for public service instead of being a private investigator.

he'd do bad as one on hindsight, though.

they stop by a beach house, which definitely screams navy. it being located by the edge of the town instead of the heart of it explains why he wasn't able to find it.

"are you even a good surfer?" he asks as he exits the truck, petting the arcanine instead of facing its trainer while he talks, "i've seen gabe try to surf more than you did."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,931 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 20:27:47 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, here’s the punch-line. A nice little bit of info I got told by the council.” Navy smiles like a shark that’s scented blood. Whatever knowledge they gave him won’t be lost on a man who smiles like that.[break][break]
I could opt to get paid by the match rather than salary. Mwah ha ha ha.” Kyle hit the nail on the head, last time they hung out. This creature is a workaholic, and the League deigned to give him an outlet for his incessant need to do rather than talk.[break][break]
Voyager is a mirror of his trainer’s excitement. As Kyle pets him, the big dog, still convinced he’s a puppy, almost tackles him over. He was Gabe’s before he was Navy’s, and his former owner’s affection remains. He’s like this with everyone, but the scent of a dozen other dogs lingering beneath human scents marks Kyle as a friend friend friend. A high honor in a dumb dog’s world.[break][break]
Who needs training? How hard can it be?” Navy rolls his shoulders as he jumps out of the vehicle.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,586 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 11:51:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's not..."

he stops himself from telling navy that he took the worse part of the deal. given hoenn's tendencies to have cooler things to worry about than badges, there will be a lot of downtime for him when people take time to recover after disasters.

kyle shrugs it off. he can always bail him out of the situation if things get worse, he supposed.

"anyways, i guess mantine surfing isn't that far off from a gyarados." it was. "you basically have training now that i think about it."

a smile forms in kyle's expression, presumably from excitement but actually from mischief. he stops petting the arcanine as he sets his sights on the surfing part of their trip.

"what are we waiting for then? let's get changing and get to the beach."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,931 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 8:53:27 GMT
Navy Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

By the time they’re down at the beach, there’s a crowd waiting on them. When a microcelebrity and the Champion are out and about, people start talking. Words are passed around. Soon enough, there’s a whole party going on the stretch of beach where the Mantine are waiting on them.[break][break]
Areceus, these kids are better at gathering intel than I am.” Navy grumbles, running a hand across his forehead in exasperation. He’s like a parent with a whole town of eager children now expecting him to look after them.[break][break]
Listen up, guys. Lopez n’ me are riding the waves. Party all you like, but stay out of our way.”[break][break]
There are many ways the kids could interpret these words. They could rebel, they could get angry, they could run to tell their parents…[break][break]
Wow, the Sheriff is so cool.”[break]
Ohmygosh is he really gonna surf with Kyle Lopez?!”[break]
Man why can’t he be friends with any chicks?]”[break][break]
They love him with innocence that only the young can muster. He’s young enough to be seen as one of them, old enough to wear the cool older brother look like a badge of honor. These hipsters and college kids obey his wishes. They leave him space as Navy mounts his Mantine. A wave’s off in the distance.[break][break]
How hard can it be?” Navy paddles to help his Mantine, already finding this to be a far different beast than Kohryu.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,586 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 5:54:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
while navy riles up the residents of the quaint seaside town, kyle can barely keep his composure with the attention they've been showered.

"you're really enjoying this, huh?" he observes.

kyle can only give the crowd a faint, awkward smile alongside a weak wave as opposed to the attention navy gives them. he supposed it's natural to feel that way, given that kyle doesn't get bashful around the people of slateport or verdanturf.

this wasn't kyle's first rodeo atop a mantine, but it doesn't make further attempts any easier. as soon as they get to the deeper parts of the ocean, he finds his footing, and then finds his friend to watch his first attempt of many.

"the easy tricks are whatever," he tells him. "only the best of the best can attempt a magikarp splash."

it's the dreaded trick that everyone tries for anyways.

"it's around one in a hundred chance for the first try." kyle starts to paddle towards the wave as soon as he sees one forming. he continues to chat away as he gets in position. "want to take a bet if you can make it?"

kyle tries it, not fearing to fail since he's never succeeded on doing the trick without luck.

KmUiTe7X

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,931 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 5:06:49 GMT
Navy Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The wave is coming for them. Such is a message Navy oft repeats to himself and anyone who will listen. It is a wave that will sweep them all up, as is inevitable. Today, with a literal tidal wave racing towards him, Navy turns towards it, falls into a surfer’s stance. He doesn’t know the mantine beneath him from mew, but the creature recognizes his determination.[break][break]
And you know what I have to say to that, Lopez?” Navy loves his rhetorical question. Keeping his balance is easy at first. Then, the Mantine starts moving. While it holds its fins steady to stabilize him, his legs wobble. Mantine surfing is a skill that takes a lifetime to master. Even the Alolan masters that take up space on TV still mess up from time to time.[break][break]
Fuck it, we ball.” Mantine climbs. He twirls, spins, almost bucks Navy off. It builds up forward momentum and launches itself high above the wave. Kyle was onto something. This reminds him of Kohyu – if only a little. Knowing everyone on the beach is watching, he tries beyond hope to do the impossible.
sQgEu|Ez

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 19:07:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven