Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 16:46:30 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He’s spent most of the morning chasing ghosts. After a late night call with the folks back home, he’s explained the situation to his deputies. They can cover for him – at least for a few hours. Precious few hours that he can use to set a certain girl on the right path. Maybe he can even offer her a place to stay, if she still isn’t married to the concept of running through the woods like a madwoman.[break][break]
Hattori slinks up to him at the meeting place, giving a subtle nod that she’s alright and on her way. Kara’s an interesting one, Navy will give her that. No matter how he tried using that name, he couldn’t find anything on anyone matching her appearance, description, or taste in Pokemon. What that means is that he has to do two things: one of them very fun, one of them very boring. Best to get the fun thing out of the way.[break][break]
So, sitting on a bench, he waits. He expects she’ll keep her word and be back. Navy further wonders if she has found a shower, or if the soot will still be clinging to her. No matter the case, the thought experiment amuses him enough that she finds him laughing to himself should she eventually show up.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 22:05:40 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising
Can't stop, won't stop moving
It's like I got this music in my mind

Bouncing up to meet Navy, Kara grinned when she saw him.

"Well, you look like you're in a good mood," she declared happily. Her own outlook wasn't much worse. Sure, she had ran off and slept the night in the woods, but Green had helped her make a little bed of leaves, and Arua's warm fur kept her pretty cozy. A little fire from Red would have been nice, but she didn't want to give her position away after they had made such a good getaway.

Red and Blue helped in the morning, with the charmander helping her dry off after froakie provided a quick shower. It didn't get rid of all the soot and dirt that came with living in the forest for a day, but she was mostly presentable and at least didn't smell terrible. When she had a chance, she had even decided on what to do with her money. A small backpack, some clothes, and toiletries would be just what the adventurer ordered.

Saying it's gonna be alright

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 21:15:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Oh, there you are.” Navy beams at her, standing up. He hasn’t liked sitting down for very long ever since the accident with his parents. It was like a switch flipped inside of him. He’s always wanting to do something, read some new bit of information, go somewhere. Only movies get him to sit still.[break][break]
Y’know, I get stranger danger. Really, I do. I get that I might look like a creepy guy in the dark, but you really didn’t have to run off into the woods last night, you know.” While the words, devoid of context or tone, might sound like the scolding of a big brother, his clear amusement sweeps away the possibility of him harboring some deeper offense.[break][break]
Well…either way, I hope you rested up. Couldn’t find anything on you, and I doubt you have any new info you haven’t already given. We’ll have to go down to the local courthouse and we’ll get you sorted out.” He looks at her now like he’s sharing some profound secret. “…but that’s pretty boring, huh? You liked the sound of calling your friends your team last night. I think someone needs to tell you a bit more about Pokemon.”[break][break]
Nearby is a building that hasn’t been used in some time, Petalburg’s gym. Pulling what little political capital he has, Navy managed to wrangle access to the building, including its perfectly functional battle pitch. A proper venue for a trainer’s first battle.[break][break]
The term ‘Pokemon Battling’ mean anything to you? Jog your memory at all?” He makes conversation while guiding her to the gym through daylight and civilization.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 0:01:45 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

"Oh, I don't think you're that dangerous. Actually, you were being too nice, I think." The girl gave him a little wink. "After everything, seemed silly to have you spend money so I could have a place to sleep when the ground is perfectly fine." She was certain money wasn't that easily come-by that people should be spending it on her.

Her cheerful attitude did take a small hit when Navy explained that he couldn't find anything out about her. Not enough to really frown, but her brow did furrow a bit. If she knew her name and the man could access all the stuff he talked about last night, then surely she had to be findable. Which meant she was some sort of anomaly in modern society OR she had her name wrong.

The latter seemed more likely, but if she wasn't Kara Li, then who was she and was there a Kara?

She let him lead the way as she pondered these thoughts, though at the mention of battle she grinned and turned her attention more fully to him. "I'm not sure but... it sounds exciting."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 0:10:30 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

They arrive at the gym in short order. Walking through what was once a reception area, they head to the green. Navy stands there, pondering how best to approach this. If she’s truly so new, finding where to begin sounds like a near herculean task.[break][break]
Well, alright. Pokemon are used for all sorts of stuff, right? People ride around on them.” To accentuate his point, he lets Ironsides, his Skarmory, out of his pokeball. Looking around, seeing he’s on a pitch, he thinks he’s about to be forced into another battle before seeing the girl and realizing it’s just time for a lecture. Ironsides takes to the air, doing a lap or two around the gym, and lands once more at Navy’s side before being recalled.[break][break]
We work with them. They’re a part of our every day lives. Some people, called trainers, use them to battle one another. Thanks to technology and failsafes, it’s mostly safe – unless you get involved in the conflicts between the League and the Rocket. Regardless, Pokemon are also great for self-defense. You help them, and they’ll help you.”[break][break]
Navy lets Kizashi, the newest addition to his own team, out of his pokeball. The little Totodile shrieks, takes one look at Kara, and immediately falls in love with her. Seeing a flower on the ground nearby, the Totodile picks it, puts it in his mouth, and swaggers up to her.[break][break]
Heeeey, knock it off. Anyway…if you’re going to be wandering through the most dangerous forest in Hoenn at night, you should probably learn some self-defense.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 0:22:36 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

Kara nodded along as Navy spoke. She understood that Pokémon were helpful. Her friends had been doing a great job of giving her a hand so far, and she could only imagine how much they could all do together when she knew what all they could do. She didn't like the idea of her friends getting hurt, but some part of her knew that it was something they would probably enjoy.

Leaning down, she gave the little totodile a pat on the head. "Silly thing," the girl said with a giggle before she stood up. "Alright then... show me what to do." That grin was still spread across her lips and she couldn't hold back to anticipation. This was part of her. She didn't know it at first, but now that they were on the precipice? Her whole being vibrated at the chance to show off her friends.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 0:53:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Alright, so, first thing’s first.” Navy gets into position on the opposite end of the pitch, still close enough where she can hear, but marking his side of the field. There’s no wind in here, but a nifty little generator the detective has found helps him create the same effect. A dramatic gust punctuates his words.[break][break]
There are different types of Pokemon! Kizashi here’s a water type. Ironsides, the bird you saw, was steel and flying. Some Pokemon have advantages over other types. Word to the wise, those advantages can still be overcome. There’s nineteen types, or thereabouts. Water Pokemon are weak to grass and electricity. With that in mind, who do you think you should bring out?”[break][break]
He asks the question and Kizashi chides him. Even if this is a lesson meant to educate, it still doesn’t feel right to just spell out his weaknesses for her. Turning back to face Kara, Kizashi stands at attention. The little Totodile will fight tooth and nail to look good in front of a girl.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 1:05:38 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

Mirroring the man, the new trainer moved to step into her spot on the field. With a motion of her hands on the sides of her waist, the Poké balls stored there would fall like they did the night before and release the six monsters stored within. Looking at the little totodile, she thought about what Navy had said and nodded.

"Right, so I want... Green." She gave the little owl-thing a nudge on her tailfeathers and smiled. With a soft chirrup the bird rolled forward and ruffled her feathers at the little lizard. With a smile, Kara looked up at Navy to check that her guess was right. She hadn't seen anything electrical from her friends, but Green was great with leaves and stuff, so she figured that meant she was a grass type. Or an archer from what the man had said the night before but his bird had two types, maybe Green was a grass/archer type?

"Now what?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 1:25:31 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Well, usually, you’d tell it to use a certain move. Since neither one of us knows what Green’s moveset is, I say you just let him act free. That way, we can figure out how well trained Green is.” He wonders just how well trained they’re going to be. He’ll be able to deduce certain things based on how Green reacts.[break][break]
Still, he’s not gonna make it easy for her. Pointing a dramatic gloved finger at Green, Navy gives an order. Kizashi stands at attention as the words are spoken.[break][break]
Yo, Kizashi. Give Green your ice fang.” Kizashi spurts water into his maw as he charges forward, the water freezing in his maw. He tries to sink his teeth deep into Green. Considering his size, it’s just a playful bite. His sheer force is powerful indeed, eschewing any secondary effects for raw power.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 1:40:28 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

"Eep!" the girl squeaked as she watched the little blue thing rush at her friend. "Get out of the way, Green!"

Whether it was instinct or Kara's words the rowlet acted swiftly, ducking to the side but not quite fast enough. The teeth sunk into the into her little wing. With a desperate hoot, she spread both wings and launched herself forward. With the little guy attached, the brace bird flew straight into the side of the arena, willing to use her own body to slam them both against the side wall.

At the sight, the trainer could only squeak again, hands moving to cover her eyes as she watched her friend try and do what she asked.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 1:48:26 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hmm…” Navy paces along his side of the pitch, staying out of the way. These two babies are already going at it like they mean business. Kizashi and Green both put everything they have into this match. His little Totodile turns just in time to see the brave bird slam into him, knocking him back into Navy’s arms. Technically, he’s not supposed to catch the little guy. What League officials don’t know won’t hurt him.[break][break]
Sitting Kizashi down, he trots back into position. Growling, water starts to form in his maw.[break][break]
That move you just used is called Brave Bird. Ironsides knows it, too. It’s probably one of the strongest flying-type moves out there. Green is Grass and Flying, by the way.” He snubs the dreams of the Pokemon’s type being Archer. This isn’t a certain popular battle royale franchise.[break][break]
Here, watch this. She won’t get hurt much. Kizashi, use water gun!” And so Kizashi obeys, shooting a spurt of high-pressure water out across to the Rowlett.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 1:56:28 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

The water hit Green and pushed the little bird back several inches. Even as she gasped, Kara could see it wasn't nearly as painful for the little Pokémon as the previous attack had been. If anything, it seemed to just be holding her friend back.

"Green! You have to get through, okay?" With a loud hoot, the bird nodded and surged forward. Her little leaf bow-tie took on a green glow as it seemed to grow. Slicing the stream in half, the little owl extended the strike further, bringing a leaf blade down at Kizashi. The whole spectacle brought a cheer from her trained who watched with excitement. Now that her friend was on the offensive, it was a lot less scary than before.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 17:46:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Kizashi sees the blade coming for him. Roaring, even as he realizes that this battle is one he is meant to lose, he charges forward. His teeth meet the blade. They clash. Again, again, again. The snout of the creature clashes with the blades. He wobbles back.[break][break]
Huffing, looking at Green. She’s got this. She’s going to win. Yet he refuses to go down without one last attack. Rushing her, he opens his jaws once more and gives her a hefty crunch.[break][break]
That’s called leaf blade.” Navy says with a clinical eye. Having many of the same Pokemon across his teams makes this easier. “Green’s well-trained. Young, but she knows some good moves.” It’s genuine praise, some people can’t even manage to get a baby Pokemon to obey them. Here she is, coming in hot with powerful moves.[break][break]
Kizashi faints at some point during the explanation. Recalling the baby back to his ball, he pulls out another pokeball.[break][break]
This time, I won’t tell you what I’m gonna throw out. Pick one of your other friends. I’ll give you a run-down of some moves they might know before we start so it’s fair.”[break][break]
Time to take the training wheels off.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kara

No Preference
Pan
Wanderer
Civilian
15 height
15 height
awards
68 posts
Kara Li DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kara
Kara Li
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 17:56:36 GMT
Kara Li Avatar
I keep cruising

Watching the two fight was... interesting. Kara was really proud of her little friend, of course, but at the same time she was worried. Green stuck in it, taking the hits even as she dealt them and when all was said and done, it was clear she had won. Still, the trainer didn't like how beat up the Pokémon looked at the end and when it wobbled over to her she couldn't help but sniffle a bit.

"You did really good, but you're so hurt," she said as she leaned down to pick up the little one. Her friends, seeing her upset, decided that was bad. Giving a chirrup, Green let off a soft light as it synthesized light and began to heal. To help the owl, Rair joined in with a soft croon and added to the healing with a pulse of her psychic energy. In the blink of an eye, the rowlet was as good as new and all Kara could do was stand there with her mouth agape.

"You're... you're all so incredible!" she finally cheered as she bounced around with Green in her arms. After a moment, she settled down and put the small bird on the ground with the rest and looked around. "Alright, um... how about Gubli?" she said and gave the dragon a wink. For his part, the gible jumped forward with an adorably menacing growl.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Welcome to Hoenn [M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 18:09:52 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Gubli, nice pick. Little Gible here packs a mean punch.” He resolves to give her a lecture on a species he knows all too well. Vortigern is a vicious specimen. If Kara is very lucky, Gubli will remember their youth and remember it well as they grow. Love planted into them from a young age will temper the rage in a dragon’s heart.[break][break]
Let’s see. In the wilds, they can learn how to dig. That’s a great trick. Throws off trainers. They can kick up sandstorms. They can bulldoze over their opponents, trap ‘em in sand tombs. Their dragon claws are sharp. Most Gible and their line are good at evading attacks in a sandstorm. A few have skin so rough it hurts just to make contact with ‘em. So, all that said…”[break][break]
Having given his advice, Navy throws out his own Pokemon. From the red ball, a Buneary emerges. She’s a tiny little thing, curious about the world around her. Trotting about the pitch, she hardly seems to focus on the battle at hand.[break][break]
Erin here’s a rescued Pokemon. One of the Elite 4, that’s one of the best trainers in the region, has a Pokemon Shelter program and I adopted Erin from her. Hey, Erin, why dontcha show Kara how fast you can go?”[break][break]
Eager to obey, the small Buneary seems to move at double time. These creatures are possessed of natural agility, and Erin is no exception. Psyched up, moving like a little brown ball of greased lightning, Erin waits for the impending attack.

[break][break]