Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
unanswered questions [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 6:28:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

An autumn breeze overtook the bustling city of Motosoke. Sludge still populated the airwaves, brought on by the countless brigades of infected Pokemon, but so did steam, and work, and life. The city was alive and thriving, becoming an embodiment of their perseverance against all toppling odds.
[break][break]

And yet, despite the beautiful spires of clockwork and human engineering, their meeting took place none other than the outskirts, not too far from the city's walls. It'd been there that Penelope and derek first began their adventures of scouring away for solutions and minerals and pieces of their own fractured hope, and now, years later, it was there that they sought to reunite. Now as friends divided by marriage titles and golden bands.
[break][break]

Penelope was leaning against the old oak tree, whose appendages stretched far beyond its root, providing shade and comfort to those within its embrace. She wore a newly spun dress of warm burning orange - a gift from the local seamstress.
[break][break]

"You came," would be the first words the aging blacksmith would hear, voice light as the morning chimes. Love had softened many of the jagged edges she used to wield. "I hope the journey wasn't too awful. I know things have been busy for you, after all."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 7:28:05 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

this place has many ways of reminding them of what's lost. that worse has yet to come. and fewer moments, like now, that bring fonder times to mind.
[break]
[break]

"i always do... don't i?" both were busy these days. one as a queen. the other forging arms and armor for those who desired such items. "a little trip out of town never hurt anyone. besides, staring at molten steel all day is bad for the eyes."
[break]
[break]

greater issues were at hand for her to worry about than his small voyage to the outskirts. and as queen, penelope dealt with every last one of them. it was a wonder she found time to spare towards moments like these...
[break]
[break]

"is something on your mind?" derek inquires while seating himself against the old oak. before she married, these little meets were spent confiding harsh truths and wishful thoughts of the past. but with that ring on her finger, and a partner she could talk to about anything... what could bring her to summon derek all this way?
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-metagross"]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .derek1 .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .derek1 .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 7:08:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His response elicited a smile from the Queen; what normally would be considered a crowning achievement for common folk was a regularity set between them. Even before zapping across realms, Derek knew how to make Penelope smile, laugh, and forget all worries.
[break][break]
"Then you should visit more often," she teased, though her expression gave no hint of a joke. "It feels like we haven't seen each other in forever."
[break][break]
Not that she could blame him. Originally, it was she who hid away at her castle. Unable to bear the weight of her actions, avoidance felt easier than explaining the craze that warped her thoughts that chilly afternoon.
[break][break]
Still, she refused to admit as much.
[break][break]
"and I've missed you."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 23:37:17 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

"...yeah." there wasn't a shred of protest in his voice. just a sigh. derek would always agree with such notions. but they each had their own matters to deal with. two different roles to play.
[break]
[break]

"all our time here really hasn't been kind to us, has it?"
[break][break]

a scarce gaze towards penelope revealed that much. pale luster replaced hair that had shone a bright vermillion during the queen's prime. but it wasn't as though any appeal towards the belle had vanished. that's what made meeting with her out here such an ordea. one derek would sooner postpone, rather than suffer himself. to be alone in these thoughts.
[break]
[break]

they could die at any moment. both, if not one or the other. and yet derek was supposed to hold back. expected to. he almost wished penny had never graced him with that kiss. but where would he be without it? without something to look back on. something that brought a smile to his face, even if it was always succeeded by the vastness of his grief.
[break]
[break]

derek was beginning to wonder whether he should be more selfish. "i've missed this as well, but... trying to put this world's dynite ore to use takes priority. you know that." royalty may be able to delegate others to accomplish certain tasks, but derek could not trust a mere apprentice with such esoteric assignments. and he didn't have the time nor patience to try teaching. "how are things at the castle?"
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[newclass=".derek1"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 blockquote b, .derek1 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .derek1 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .derek1 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".derek1 .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .derek1 .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .derek1 .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 6:17:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His priorities were a given. Almost everyone from Hoenn had followed a similar rhythm to life; first by forging their role in society, then by fulfilling it's duties. For some, like Derek, that meant the exploration of what galar had to offer. For others, like Penelope, that meant swiping all notions of her previous self; to replace her heart with that of the people's will.
[break][break]

Still.
[break][break]

"Fine, fine. It's taken a bit, but I think we've finally managed to scrap things under control."
[break][break]

We - as in, herself and .

[break][break]

"How's the dynite coming along?"

Truth be told, anything he would've discovered would've been reported. But she asked all the same.
[break][break]

A selfish deed done in the pursuit of hearing him ramble on again, like he'd done years long ago.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 7:54:18 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]

"guess i see why you elected to meet me out here instead of whatever's waiting back at the castle." the notion about control, and saying fine twice the way she did. nothing about this was ideal, even if they were making progress. speaking of...
[break]
[break]

"resources are secured with more on the way. production is...steady, if i'm being generous." he could use some help, but it was hard to trust these folk with tech they'd only just begun to understand themselves.
[break]
[break]

"you know something?" gazing up towards penny, he doesn't see the girl he remembers. her voice, the tired eyes... derek can't get past the image of her on their night out. "i miss when we didn't have the same hair."
[break]
[break]

there was more he wanted to say. or something else entirely, yet it's suppressed. replaced by poorly executed jokes that dared to lighten the mood, because every day felt darker than the last. a soft murmur of a laugh is all he could manage.
[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 5:24:29 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Implications coax her shoulders into shuddering. There was so much to be said about the silver threads now tying them together, but little held the freedom of escape.
[Break][break]
Turning away, a huff of laughter heaved out, softened by the crinkle of her eyes and the quirk of her lips.
[Break][break]
"You're just jealous I pull it off better than you do."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 8:45:22 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
derek echoes her laughter, finding some small solace in these little quips she always makes.
[break]
[break]

"could be."
[break]
[break]

the reason was wrong, but there was still truth to her words.
[break]
[break]

"suppose i should just be glad the dynite ore hasn't caused it to start falling out yet." caustic chemicals and imperfect isotopes were something their kind dabbled in for the sake of progress for a long time. often enough, they suffered for it. but with this venture, only their pokemon seemed to be at risk.
[break]
[break]

he struggled to decide if that was a good thing. and worried that it could just be a matter of time before his body has absorbed enough for him to be subject to the penalties. part of it was the guilt for trying to bring this power to bear.
[break]
[break]

a hand presses to his temple as he recalls the harrowing experiences of testing this technology. how some had failed, leaving behind contorted remains that had squeezed the sanguine pulp right out.
[break]
[break]

not all the subjects had come from the wild. the toxic spawns had destroyed much of the region and it's inhabitants. to find a pokemon like their own, he had to use...
[break]
[break]

"if this place robs me of anything else, i don't know what i'll do."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 21:37:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Warm like chocolate, his laughter eased her shoulders and sent her chest thrumming. It felt as it did back then, when hope still dangled between their sparkling eyes and Galar felt more like a motel than a home.
[Break][break]
Ginger fingers slowly plucked a piece of his hair, tucking it behind his ear. Through this motion, her fingertips grazed his coarse skin, carving paths only once explored, but never forgotten.
[Break][break]
"Now that would be a shame."
[Break][break]
Another smile was shared.
[Break][break]
"You just wouldn't be able to pull off the bald look."
[Break][break]
It was then that Derek's face scrunched up, and as a result, worry flashed across the queen's elegant features. Her eyebrows arched upward, creating a bridge between two bright pairs of amber.
[Break][break]
They softened a beat after.
[Break][break]
"You'll fight for it back. That's the only thing to do."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 18:03:06 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","derek1"]
[attr="class","top"]
a smile pulls at each corner as her gentle hand delivers it's reminder, replacing the dour look he cast out at this home away from home. this place he hated for fault of his own.
[break]
[break]

"yeah."
[break]
[break]

there was always promise in these otherwordly ventures. and one had already begun bearing it's fruit, just not to the extent derek was hoping for.
[break]
[break]

"though i find myself tired of all this waiting."
[break]
[break]

his thoughts returned to hoenn. he wondered how it was doing, after all this time. if the years even amounted to anything on their side. and whether those that came along would ever feel a preference towards this place. their queen, in particular.
[break]
[break]

"do you think you'll miss this place when we leave?"
[break]
[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights