1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
CONFESSIONS & CONFRONTATIONS [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 7:43:13 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THREE YEARS AFTER —

MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE THE TWO LAST SAW EACH OTHER—where one loses confidence in the dignity and power of the authority, one ultimately betrays them for their own good. Selena does not hesitate nor regret any of her actions leading to this moment. Even 's promise of greatness, which now looms as a fantasy in the prospects of staying in this Arceus-forsaken region for far too long, is not the reason why she is still motivated to do what asked them to.

"I've been traumatized." She admits to . "A journalist job is to watch from a certain distance, but there are times when observation is futile if there is no participation. My participation only leads to further disappointment with the League."

Selena takes the rancid wine from the barrel that remains after her drink with . The bitter flavor is to remind her that everything is still a disappointing reality.

"So, you've totally left the League, huh? Is that your reason too?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 17:44:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

How long had it been, since Thomas last saw Selena? Before her disappearance, she was a friend he could count on. Since their childhood, she was someone he always looked to as a good friend.

Thomas listens to what his old friend has to say. What she said about her participation causing her disappointment resonated with him, truth be told.

Unlike Selena, Thomas abstains from the wine. Ever since his departure from the League, ever since embracing his own darkness, Thomas had gone sober. From the outside, one would think that distancing himself from the League removed a weight off of his shoulders. That he no longer needed alcohol to cope.

But the truth was, the liquor kept him in a 'normal' mindset. It allowed him to be more sociable than he normally was. And without the liquor holding him back, he was able to fully embrace his killer instinct.

"Partially, yes. I left the League because I was disappointed in their handling of affairs. How much they managed to screw up. I thought - that I could do better on my own. That without the League holding me back, I could do what needed to be done.", he'd admit to her.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 14:53:58 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THREE YEARS AFTER —

"AND WHAT IS IT THAT IS NEEDED TO BE DONE?" The question lingers in the air, like a bait so deliberately dangles for Selena to take. While she sympathizes with her friend's disposition, she cannot say that they are complete the same. The Kalosian takes the path less traveled, even rarer than the road Thomas paves for his own quest.

She purses her lips as she follows up on the question. While she already knows the answer, curiosity is an annoying prick of a Cutiefly, boring though her skin until the words come out of her mouth.

"Are you saying you're changing sides now?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:54:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas pauses for a moment. "To punish them. For all that they've done to the people of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and anywhere else they've infested.", Thomas tells her. "All the deaths they've caused, all the pain and suffering they've inflicted to their victims." Thomas thought of all of the unfortunate souls who were captured by Rocket during those events, the torture they had to face.

What he had to say should've set the tone for what came next.

"I cannot take either side. The League's incompetence has allowed Rocket to become what it has. But I can never forgive Rocket for the horrors it has inflicted across the world. And while one can say Silas' leadership saw them at their worst, never forget they always had their greedy eyes set on the world. Even under his father, Rocket still committed horrors on innocent people.", he'd confide in her.

, , , , four examples of the many monsters the organization had churned out. Men that needed to die horrific deaths, for the horrors they've inflicted upon the world.

tags:

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:40:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THREE YEARS AFTER —

"ARE YOU SAYING YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD?"

Truth be told, what is saying is not entirely wrong. After all, violence has been synonymous to the name of the organization. It is something she cannot just erase from the tabloids or overwrite with a PR-student, especially when it is also part of the proud traditions the team carries from 's leadership.

There is a gentle laughter that she lets out before she continues. "The thing is, it will be a fantasy to change the system from within, Tom. I know it because I've seen it. We know it because that's what we've experienced; moreso, you, who has been doing this for as long I know."

Selena places the cup down, hoping to deliver her next lines more sober.

"And not choosing any side is still choosing the side of the status quo. What is it again? The line from one of the famous Kalosian scholar."

"Terror is nothing other than prompt, severe and inflexible justice; it is therefore an emanation of virtue; it is less a particular principle than a consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing needs of the country".

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 3:18:14 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"The world's already been changed, Selena. The moment Silas drew first blood all those years ago, the game changed.", he'd tell her. "I'm just trying to wake everyone else up to that simple reality."

Truth be told, Thomas questioned his decision to walk away from the League. Truthfully, his attempts to cut the cancer out of society were fruitless. For every one scumbag that he killed, more would come to take their place. And frankly, he wasn't powerful enough to take on those who really needed to die.

"And you think the new status quo introduced by Rocket would be any better?", he questioned. "After having lived in Kanto for six years, I saw how Rocket operated, even before Silas took over. I saw the way they exploited those unfortunate enough to live on their turf. I saw how their monsters murdered innocent people for little reason, if any.", he'd tell her.

"There is no justice with Rocket's terror. It all boiled down to one little man with daddy issues, who decided to take them out on the world. Now it's all about satiating their greed, while they lie to idealistic fools about a better way of life.", he'd continue.

"Rocket is the last group I'd trust to fulfill the needs of the people. I want things to change, yes, but I don't want to introduce something worse than what we've got!"

tags:

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 18:43:45 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THREE YEARS AFTER —

"YOU'RE HYPERFIXATING ON THIS SMALL PICTURE, TOM." Without ignoring the gravity that Team Rocket has done to the world, one thing is for sure that at least, for Selena, everything else is not that true. "The world has already changed even before Team Rocket. And now even after Team Rocket."

She stands up from her throne, barefooted, as she walks at each end corners of the dais as she begins to enumerate all the anomalies that has transpired in her brief stay in Hoenn. "Legendary gods, Ultra Beasts, Megalopolans, DRK Triad, Necrozma, and even this: even when I am not present for most part for the years that I've been gone, what I can surmise is that everything has been predetermined by fate, by Arceus."

And then she stays in-front of , her gaze holding his eyes trying to make her point across. "If the League is the same League there is, regardless of whether there is a Team Rocket or none, there will be others who are going to take its place in history. Who's to say that this is not how fate decides how it's going to be?"

"Team Rocket did not define how terror is going to be; I've learned that it presents itself as an anti-thesis with the terror that is already existing in the world. But terror can be redefined by those who choose to define it. And I think you know what I mean."