[attr="class","contestHead"]
[attr="class","contestIMGHDR"]

[attr="class","contestTitle"]HOENN GLAM SLAM
DRAG QUEENS' SHOWDOWN

[attr="class","contestLogo"]

[break]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncer"]
[attr="class","th th-quote-down"]
[player]https://vgmsite.com/soundtracks/pokemon-black-and-white-2-super-music-collection/jgntdemrmt/44%20Nimbasa%20City%20Gym_%20Runway.mp3[/player][break]
👠 Pokemon Black and White 2 - Nimbasa City Gym (Runway)

[break][break]

[break][break]

EXPOSITION[break][break]

GRIT, GLITZ, GLAMOR: glistening queens in full battle gear, ready for some action! It's more than just beauty and wit—it is an opportunity to dazzle the world with your skills and talents.[break][break]

In celebration of PRIDE MONTH, we open our very own HOENN GLAM SLAM: DRAG QUEENS' SHOWDOWN! Heavily inspired by the real RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE franchise, this will follow the Pokemon Contest format with a very gay approach: each queen vying for the crown will be participating in an all stars competition with one of their Pokemons as they showcase their wit, talent, and flamboyant fashion in the art form of DRAG.[break][break]

But what is drag, you ask?

DRAG (n.)[break][break]

Drag is an art form characterized by exaggerated and excessive gender expression, usually and typically feminine, for entertainment (and often times social and political) purposes. While drag is typically associated with DRAG QUEENS represented by gay men, they can be of any gender and sexual identity.

[break]WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?[break][break]

ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE. As mentioned above, drag queens can be represented by any gender and sexual identity. Here is where we establish drag as an artform that celebrates the queer community and its allies and the artistic greatness one can achieved where everyone is presented with a chance for self-expression. In Hoenn, this also holds true as well.[break][break]

However, please be advised of the following restrictions:[break][break]

1. Only ONE of your characters can participate. Identified Rocket characters may participate as well, but consider the IC CONSEQUENCES of participating in a public event.[break]
  2. Your character can only use ONE Pokemon for this contest whose moveset will be locked upon the end of the first round.[break]
  3. LEGENDARY POKEMONS, MYTHICAL POKEMONS, ULTRA BEASTS, AND SHADOW POKEMONS are not allowed. PARADOX POKEMONS AND ILLUMINA POKEMONS are allowed.[break]
  4. SYGNA SUITS are not allowed. MEGA-EVOLUTION, Z-MOVE, AND TERASTALIZATION are allowed. However, you can only use one of the three for the entire contest.[break]
  5. Giant-sized pokemon partners such as WAILORD are not allowed. Please choose partners who will logically fit in the interior spaces of a bar.[break]
[break][break]

[break]FORMAT[break][break]

This competition will have FIVE ROUNDS (three of which are scored and the other two are bonuses) and there will be NO ELIMINATIONS (as compared to original RPDR format). Scored rounds count for the total computation while bonus rounds provide advantages to the succeeding rounds. Mechanics will be revealed during the rounds of the contest itself.[break][break]

There will be tasks in each round to be fulfilled to score points. Some tasks are provided as early as possible to allow ample time for participants to conceptualize their character's drag persona for this contest. Kindly see the round breakdowns as follows:[break][break]

ROUND ONE

INTRODUCTIONS

[break][break]

Participants and their Pokemon partners will introduce themselves to the audience. Visualize what they will be wearing, how their entrance to the stage will be, what gimmicks will they do. This is everyone's first chance to showcase their definition of BEAUTY.[break][break]

TO DO:[break][break]
💅🏻 make your/your Pokemon's drag queen name (Pokemon puns are appreciated)[break]
💅🏻 give yourself a monicker (e.g. the foxy witch of Ballonlea)[break]
💅🏻 what is your definition of "beauty"?

ROUND TWO

GONNA SNATCH 'EM ALL (BONUS ROUND)

[break][break]

This is a battle of familiarity, mimicry, and ingenuity. Participants will participate in a Hoenn edition of SNATCH GAME, where the queens will impersonate a Hoennian local of their choice (with the player's consent, of course!).[break][break]

TO DO:[break][break]
🎭 impersonate another character (with the character's player's consent)

ROUND THREE

PARADOXIA FANTASIA

[break][break]

The Battle of Dewford brought new inhabitants into Hoenn, changing the trends of avant-garde and camp fashion in the industry as the PARADOX POKEMONS inspire not only researchers but artists as well. Participants will 'create' their own dress from a list of provided materials inspired by the visuals of the Paradox Pokemons. Participants will be judged of their creativity, resourcefulness, and uniqueness.[break][break]

Mechanics will be revealed during the contest round.

ROUND FOUR

BLISSEY THAT WALK

[break][break]

Now that the dresses are ready, it is time to take them to the RUNWAY! Every step and every sway of arms is a language to decipher. Judges will see how the queens carry themselves on the stage and how their confidence reflects their character.[break][break]

ROUND FIVE

LIPSYNC FOR THE CROWN

[break][break]

A drag show is not a drag show without a classic LIPSYNC BATTLE. This is the one and only opportunity to bring out every blade in their arsenal. It is time to show to the world who they are and what they got! A true queen shall emerge from the ashes of the war.[break][break]

[break][break]MEET THE JUDGES[break][break]

Each of the judge will have their own criteria and qualities to look for the future winning queen. Kindly see the short introduction for each of the judges below:[break][break]

JYNX MONSOON, Hoenn's very own fearsome lipsync assassin is always looking for charisma and ingenuity.[break][break][break][break][break]

BIANCA DEL VENOM, the sassy sultry queen with a body like WOW! will only look at one's confidence and adaptability on the runway.[break][break][break][break][break]

BENDELACREMIE, the true candy fashion queen has much appreciation for someone with creativity and authenticity.

[break][break]SIGN-UP[break][break]

Copy the code and answer the following items to sign-up for this Pokemon Contest. Sign-ups will close by JUNE 24, SATURDAY, 11:59 PHT (GMT+8) or when UP TO EIGHT PEOPLE have joined.[break][break]

[b]CHARACTER NAME:[/b] (NAME)[break]
[b]POKEMON:[/b] (POKEMON NAME) - (ABILITY) - (MOVESET) - (MEGA/Z-MOVE/TERA)[break]
[b]NOTES:[/b] (ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY, ASK, EXPECTATION CHECK, ETC...)
[break][break]

Should you have any further questions, concerns, and reactions, kindly reach me @/sergeidachev or at Discord @/lancelotx21.

[attr="class","contestFoot"]
[attr="class","contestIMGHDR"]

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#d15392[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]
[newclass=.contestIMGHDR]height: 170px; width: 500px; background-position: -40px -40px; opacity: .7; background-image:url(https://s1.zerochan.net/Meloco.600.3948282.jpg);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
HOENN GLAM SLAM SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 19:57:45 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
CHARACTER NAME: [break]
POKEMON: Cryosthesia - STARMIE ○ - Illuminate - THUNDER, BLIZZARD, TRI-ATTACK, CONFUSE RAY, HYDRO PUMP, PSYCHIC[break]
NOTES: we're all born naked baby
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
572 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
HOENN GLAM SLAM SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 23:21:49 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
POKEMON: Baron - IRON VALIANT - QUARK DRIVE - Spirit Break, Night Slash, Close Combat, Future Sight, Double Team, Destiny Bond - N/A[break]
NOTES: /vibrates like a chihuahua. am i nervous or excited? good question! next question.
TAG WITH @juliet
Juliet Yearwood
HOENN GLAM SLAM SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 22:26:25 GMT
Juliet Yearwood Avatar
CHARACTER NAME: JULIET YEARWOOD[break]
POKEMON: SUGAR (Sylveon) ♁ - CUTE CHARM - Light Screen , Draining Kiss , Moonblast , Misty Terrain , Psych Up , Last Resort[break]
NOTES: I HAVE POSTS TO DO BUT I SWEAR I'LL FILL IN MY POKEMON STUFF AFTER I CAUGHT UP! I JUST WANTED TO LOCK IN MY SPOT
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
HOENN GLAM SLAM SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 11:43:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
POKEMON: Zarya the Espeon / female / magic bounce / psychic, morning sun, swift, wish, detect, power swap, dazzling gleam[break]
NOTES: I know my shite is late but ugh I hate my indecision!
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
Wealth doesn't corrupt character - it makes it visible.
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
HOENN GLAM SLAM SIGN-UPS
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 12:40:29 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
CHARACTER NAME: Ozni Adebayo [break]
POKEMON: Chippendale - Gholdengo - Good as Gold - Make It Rain, Shadow Ball, Power Gem, Memento, Substitute - None[break]
NOTES: I know I'm late, but there aren't eight people yet.