Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 5:28:09 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

(Set during Goodbye Galar: Rusted Shield, Motostoke.)
[break]

Elisabeth was not blind to the watcher who stood sentinel outside her tower.[break][break]

The attention of any king, false or not, was worthy of notice. Frustratingly, it drew attention to her thorn-riddled courtyards, bringing the company of too many curious peasants veering towards her gated walls.[break][break]

This did not concern the witch. The way his eyes lingered on her ward, however, ignited an unmistakable fury that refused to abate no matter how she sought to rationalize it. She didn't have words for this feeling, a crawling sort of jealousy that was at once unfounded, unwanted, and unshakeable.[break][break]

The curtains abruptly closed over her window, a thicket of vines wrapping itself over the outside pane to blanket the room in darkness.[break][break]

When she emerged from her fortress, a hand reached to grip the man by the shoulder from behind. Should she succeed in catching him unawares, her touch would send a thread of bone-chilling resentment searing through him -- a brief reminder that he was mortal, and she was a god.[break][break]

"You are far from your castle, Your Majesty," the witch spoke, her voice calm even as a storm raged beneath the surface of her skin. "I wonder what honor brings you to a humble abode such as mine?"[break][break]

Distantly, the shimmer of golden hair was visible in the stables, a blonde silhouette grooming the mane of a Spectrier that had returned after many long nights away from home. Somewhere in the tower above, its exhausted rider was likewise deserving his well-earned rest.[break][break]

Elisabeth kept a keen eye on where the king's line of sight led.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 21:54:08 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

He ought not have come so close to the tower, but Caleb had always had something akin to a death wish.[break][break]
You never come visit us, the girl had complained. Has she threatened you?[break][break]
That last part wasn't really a question, but rather, a statement of tired resignation. That was all it took, really, to convince the king that it was time to cross the invisible, unspoken barrier the witch had created - and that he had consented to - over a decade prior.[break][break]
Armed with that familiar readiness to die that had followed him throughout his life like a second shadow, Caleb approached the tower, noticing, with a sudden thrill, the sounds of a spectrier's unmistakable whinny. As his eyes flitted instinctively to the stables, widening further upon glimpsing the reflection of sunshine off an already-golden-hued head, a light pressure weighed upon his shoulder.[break][break]
He twisted, met 's cruel red stare, and saw, for the first time, the shimmer of hateful ochre loitering within her. What felt like a second pair of eyes was watching him, judging him, knowing him. And for all of the resentment that flooded his chest, clawed at his heart like greedy talons intent on drawing blood, he merely sighed softly, as if letting out a long-held breath.[break][break]
Caleb had learned long ago how to wield his self-loathing; all this God could really do was remind him what it felt like when it wasn't held at arm's length.[break][break]
"Humble? Far from it," he replied, smile wry. Where she might have expected animosity, perhaps even bitterness, there was only a polite humility. "You have built yourself a rather impressive home. I have long owed you a visit."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Goodbye Galar: Shield (Social Spinoff Thread)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 22:03:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Showing fear or discomfort would have been the polite thing to do.[break][break]

"Consider yourself released of whatever obligation you imagine you have to me, then," she replied in a cool, clipped tenor. "False kings owe me nothing, and I owe nothing to them. I did not crown you, Harcourt."[break][break]

Her gaze shifted to the peasants that had drawn too close, her mage's staff clacking against the ground to send them scattering like frightened Scolipedes. The faintest sign of self-satisfaction curled her lips at the result, before her attention returned to the man in front of her.[break][break]

"What is it you desire from me, then? You would not be here if you did not want something."[break][break]

And she had no intention of giving him what she suspected he most wanted.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 19:30:41 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The witch spoke of "false kings", and he knew her choice of words was meant to sting.[break][break]
It didn't. Caleb had never really considered himself a king. Years passed, and the crown the people of Motostoke had gifted him had felt none the lighter.[break][break]
"I want to get to know you better," he replied, watching as she shooed away the cluster of peasants who had followed him to her tower, curious of their king's intentions in visiting such a dangerous place. "We have much in common, it turns out."[break][break]
Our taste in lovers. A child we wish to protect.[break][break]
There was something else too. He could see it in the way she radiated her disgust, looked at him as if he were something to be rejected outright. It was like gazing into a mirror, and seeing the same abhorrence he had felt for himself in a long-forgotten realm he had once called home. The word Kanto surfaced, and it left a bitter taste in his mouth.[break][break]
likely hated many things, but he suspected at least some measure of that hate was reserved for herself. All the same, if they were listing the ways in which they were similar, a distaste for the king of Motostoke would certainly be included.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 2:34:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Do we?" she asked drily, a single eyebrow arched with incredulity. To her mind, the two of them could not be more opposed. "Humor me, then. In what way?"[break][break]

She'd seen him attempting to bond with the people of Motostoke, even as she isolated herself high and away in her ivy-wreathed tower. Whatever his relationship was to , frankly, neither piqued her curiosity nor interest. What jealousy she harbored in that regard was focused intensely on another individual, one that neither knew nor would ever meet.[break][break]

That golden-haired woman was dead and buried, after all, and Elisabeth herself had committed the killing of her. And she alone would have to atone for it.[break][break]

"We share power, certainly, I'll grant you that. Though mine is real, and yours an illusionary thing that only lasts so long as your subjects love you." She scoffed at the notion, beginning to walk towards the withered courtyard outside. Nothing truly beautiful grew here, and nothing ever had since she'd moved into this place. Only weeds and insidious vines remained -- things that choked all other life from flourishing. "I can't say I envy you such a stipulation. Love is such a fickle thing to build a foundation upon."[break][break]

The unspoken warning in the observation rang loud and clear, whether or not he'd heed it. Regardless, her pace was slow enough that he could follow her, if he truly wished to entertain this conversation further.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 22:20:27 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

He followed with slow and deliberate footfalls.[break][break]
How swifty - how easily - she dismissed love as a form of power. Love for a cruel brother, love for a doomed resistance, love for a region in distress: all had forced Caleb to act, for good or for ill. Love for a co-ruler, a man far worthier of his station than Caleb, drove much of what he chose to do in Galar. And then there was whatever had become, "lover" too simple a word.[break][break]
As for the girl...[break][break]
"Strange," He murmured, amused. "You speak as if you have never loved. What is it, then, that makes you wary of me - if not love for Lisette?"[break][break]
Caleb was no master manipulator, no conversational genius. He had not been raised in high society though he now wore a crown. He merely recognized the look she was giving him: it was a familiar warning. This was her territory and he was a trespasser - in more ways than one. She did not like that he had come here, and he suspected it went deeper than mere distaste for the game of royalty the kingdom of Motostoke played.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 23:17:36 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"If you think only those who have never loved can believe such a thing, then you are either very fortunate, very naïve, or very stupid."[break][break]

The ice coalescing at the centre of her scepter's crystal orb glittered to a cold sheen, BITTER MALICE threatening to escape in wisps of ghastly frost.[break][break]

"Do not presume to know love as I know love."[break][break]

Resentment drank deeply at the roots of a blackened affection that had withered and rotted on the vine. The longer that love had once been allowed to flourish and grow, the deeper those roots sank into their own despair.[break][break]

"As for the girl, she is my responsibility. You flaunt it by coming here, and you flaunt it by presuming my own inability to oversee her to your own selfish satisfaction. You insult me with this, whether you intend to or no."[break][break]

This time, she faced him squarely, the disdain flashing in her red eyes unmistakable.[break][break]

"Understand this truth. You are not her father, Harcourt -- you are merely her temporary king."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 0:57:22 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Now Caleb's eyes flashed, though it was anger that colored them rather than disdain.[break][break]
"I never said I thought you incapable of overseeing her," he snapped. "My coming here does not insult you, though I can see that you are intent on painting me as some sort of thief." He did not want to steal Lisette from , merely share her.[break][break]
Could the witch of Motostoke actually understand such a concept?[break][break]
No. How could she? When she has denied the girl a father from the very start?[break][break]
"No, I am not her father," he agreed, glaring intently at the woman who was shorter than him, and yet loomed over him with her unrelenting presence, dark and detestable.[break][break]
"Though I could tell her who he is, of course."[break][break]
It wasn't a threat, though it was stated like one. Resentment twisted between them like the thorny vines Elisabeth herself could conjure if she wished.[break][break]
If she looked hard enough, she would see the truth, however: Caleb would not, in a million years, ruin what little peace had managed to create for himself in this world that did not belong to them - not even Caleb, who had been named one of its kings.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 2:31:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You do not have to say such a thing, not when your actions speak loud enough. Or am I truly to believe your intent was to befriend me, hm?"[break][break]

The more he purpled with anger, the more her own expression relaxed, her smile reflecting an almost feline amusement. She felt familiarity in such emotion.[break][break]

False pleasantry left her wary, but rage -- that she understood.[break][break]

A footstep dared closer, taunting him.[break][break]

"What would you tell her, I wonder? What little you think you know." The threat he'd seemingly invoked fell harmlessly away from her; he had no power over anything that mattered. Not so long as he didn't try to pry the girl from her grasp, at least. "Don't make threats you can't keep, your majesty. And don't bluff when you don't know what cards your opponent holds."[break][break]

She'd learned as much from being the daughter of a gambling addict, though that memory felt too far away to be real anymore.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 10:55:15 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb stared down at her, enthralled by the unmitigated contempt she so clearly held for him. It was a breath of fresh air: most people tried to convince him he was worthy of his station, someone to be honored, followed, loved. How many times had those words fallen on deaf, defeated ears? She dared to say what was real, and a part of him appreciated that, even as she threw insults at him as easily as breathing.[break][break]
"You're right. It was an empty threat. I would not tell her," he agreed, sighing softly. "Because I, too, am selfish." In the end, weren't they all?[break][break]
Sad eyes worth a kingdom stared forlornly at the barn. The glint of gold was nowhere to be seen, but he had a feeling the girl had not fled. She was somewhere inside, listening. Curious.[break][break]
"I do wonder," he added finally. "If you care at all what she thinks. Have you ever asked her why she comes looking for me? Perhaps she'd be happier if you were a little more open to the idea of - " he almost said co-parenting, but stopped himself. This was a life built upon a flimsy memory, layer upon layer of storied history that could topple at any moment. He knew better than to use language more appropriate for a stable existence, one with modern legalities and structures and labels.[break][break]
" - sharing."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 14:49:58 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"So this was never about befriending me, then." A satisfaction sat in this observation. "You merely wish to guilt me, with some moral high ground you believe you possess."[break][break]

She expected that much of him. Her own carmine eyes met his blue, refusing to relent their scrutiny.[break][break]

"Does your other king not have children for you to scamper after and mentor? Surely your time would be better spent with the heirs of your kingdom, and not with a witch's apprentice. Unless..."[break][break]

Her voice lowered, feigning a a sort of surprise as a hand curled around the crystal orb that crowned her mage's staff.[break][break]

"Why, unless you have a vested interest in weakening my influence over her? For you already presume you know more of her happiness than I, her guardian, do."[break][break]

He didn't understand the birthright that girl had inherited, not in the way that Elisabeth did. Men like Caleb were dangerous in their own way.[break][break]

Like her own father had been.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 2:12:12 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb barked out a laugh.[break][break]
"Either I'm the foolish false king or I'm some master manipulator intent on weakening a so-called rival." He shook his head. "You contradict yourself - you realize that, right?"[break][break]
Her point about the children of and was not lost on him, however. He chewed on that for a moment, and it tasted bitter in his mouth. He did care for those children, spent many long hours with them. Why, then, did he find himself drawn to Lisette, favoring her over them in small, subtle ways? The answer ended up being rather obvious, really.[break][break]
He knew what it was like to walk the thin line between two very different, opposing worlds.[break][break]
"No, I did not come here to befriend you - I'm not that stupidly optimistic," Caleb said flatly. "I came here because she asked me why I don't." He shrugged, feigning indifference to the way she glared daggers at him, sizing him up like she'd already decided he was no different from all of the men who had ever disappointed her. "I think she believes you to be actively keeping me away, with threats or otherwise. In coming here, my hope is to show her there is no true animosity between us."[break][break]
But of course, there was. One-sided, but visible. If Lisette was watching, perhaps she could see the tangible barrier between the two adults who claimed to care for her, like a thorny patch of roses planted for the precise purpose of separating two very different garden beds.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 2:20:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I make no such contradiction. On the contrary, I understand the threat of a jester better than most."[break][break]

Her tone contained no laughter; the sound reverberated around her, echoing with keen unbelonging in this place. The stench of death rotted all around them: withered leaves, shriveled flowers, roots that curled in upon themselves as if petrified by lightning.[break][break]

Even Elisabeth herself, who stood living in this testament to ruination, seemed more statuesque than human as she gazed upon him here, like a Medusa unused to facing stoneless eyes in her own gardens.[break][break]

She had precious few things that mattered to her in this world, and even less interest in relinquishing them to strangers.[break][break]

"What have you promised her?" she demanded of him. "What is she to you?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 0:22:53 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

He could have turned her own question back on her: what is she to you, witch? You won't even call her "daughter", and yet you are the lioness defending your precious cub. He could picture himself channeling all of the frustration she was riling up in him, like a storm churning previously calm seas until they frothed and foamed, and sending it back towards her.[break][break]
But that wasn't his way.[break][break]
He took a deep breath, focusing on how he might actually answer her inquiry, knowing Lisette's prying eyes and ears might be paying attention.[break][break]
"I've promised to protect her, when she's away from this place," he explained truthfully, a measure of fierce conviction in his tone. "When she ventures out into the city, I keep an eye on her. I won't let anyone hurt her."[break][break]
He paused, considering his next words.[break][break]
"I suppose she is like a daughter to me," he said, speaking aloud the word Elisabeth herself seemed loath to use. "Not by blood, but by adoption. If she wants a father figure in her life, who am I to deny her?"[break][break]
Would you deny her? his eyes demanded back at her.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 1:35:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her venomous glare took his sincerity with all the offense of a knife slashing through the air between them.[break][break]

"Protect her? What a foolish notion." The grass darkened in her shadow, blackening to rot beneath her feet. "I'm teaching her how to protect herself, so that she never has to rely on men like you."[break][break]

How many men had promised Elisabeth such a lie? How many had tried to make her into a damsel for a white knight to save, while they faltered like cowards before the first sign of difficulty and duress?[break][break]

"He is no different."
[break]

What audience they'd invited went unacknowledged and unnoticed as Elisabeth snorted, turning away from him.[break][break]

"Don't make this girl into the daughter you wish you had, just to fulfill some childish fantasy you've concocted in your own mind. Her welfare is her own concern. As it is for all of us."

[attr="class","pkmn"]