Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 15:48:06 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Childish fantasy? Caleb scoffed at that.[break][break]
"You don't know me," he snapped at her, patience faltering in the face of her gross misunderstanding. "As if I ever thought myself worthy of a daughter. As if I chose to love her out of some desire to fulfill some long-held dream." His face twisted and it was more agonized than angry. Whatever creature walked with her, surely it could recognize a life ruined, beyond saving, already in the decomposing stage of its drawn-out death.[break][break]
And yet, Caleb had molded to the girl like clay, allowing her to shape him into something resembling a redeemed man. If only here, in this dream within a dream. Whatever happened to all of them, what Lisette thought of him was more than he could have hoped for, more than he had deserved.[break][break]
"Love doesn't always give us a choice, Elisabeth. Surely a woman so insistent on stubbornly isolating herself from the rest of the world save for them - " - he did not need to name them, the girl and the rider, the people they shared - " - can understand that." Before she could retort, he held up a hand, continuing. "People don't invest in things they don't care about. You love her too, even if all you feel is hatred."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Goodbye Galar: Shield (Social Spinoff Thread)[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 1:54:55 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Then you are a man lacking in self-control, ruled purely by your passions."[break][break]

It came out as a calculation, a summing up of his character in a single sweep of her scarlet eyes. Disgust radiated from her every pore as she reached her judgment.[break][break]

"You say we do not decide who we love? Then you do not decide who holds power over you. You do not decide your own weakness. And in this fundamental way, Your Highness, you and I are not the same."[break][break]

He did not know how to deny love before it suffocated everything else. He did not know how to cut it out from his heart, like a weed that had invaded a carefully cultivated garden. So much could be ruined by a single seed that had swept into a thicket of Galarian roses.[break][break]

He thought she was like him, in that way. That everyone suffered such folly; that everyone had no choice but to remain a slave to their passions.[break][break]

She knew better. She had been forced to learn better, many times over.[break][break]

The laughter that left her lips contained a darkness to its cadence. Cruelty echoed in its wake, as if relishing the possibility that he might take offense at what she said next.[break][break]

"I wonder what sort of king you will prove, when the winds of fate seem so prone to toppling you at the slightest provocation -- and you do not seem even remotely interested in fighting back."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 1:51:28 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Now that is the first true thing you've said about me," Caleb barked out a laugh, a wry smile tugging its way onto his mouth despite the circumstances.[break][break]
Caleb stretched, running a hand through his hair, looking to the stables and finding no solace in the seemingly empty stalls. A sudden pang of longing overwhelmed him, and he sighed softly, finally giving into the exhaustion that nipped at his heels. Being around her was draining.[break][break]
She matters to him, and to Lisette, Caleb reminded himself. He'd had a goal in coming here, one he felt he had started to minutely achieve, even if the witch herself might not agree.[break][break]
"We love the same people," he insisted, accepting her hatred with open arms. Could it sting as much as she hoped it would if he didn't mind receiving it? Better that than an empty void of nothingsness; to hate something was to decide it mattered, one way or another.[break][break]
"It would be foolish for us to be enemies, even if that does not make us friends."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 4:33:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Love?" she repeated. The single word possessed a flatness as she turned it over on her tongue -- like a smooth, round marble she was loathe to swallow. "Ah. Therein lies our dissonance."[break][break]

'People,' he'd said. Plural. Interesting, that discovery.[break][break]

Elisabeth's fingers trailed across an iron gate that stretched across the barren expanse of her dead gardens, its spikes lightly pricking each finger, though not enough to break the skin.[break][break]

He'd misunderstood her many times since barging into her home, but she didn't care that he did. Most people misunderstood her. That, in itself, was a form of understanding.[break][break]

People believed what they wanted to believe.[break][break]

"And what is 'love' to you, King Harcourt? I'm curious, for you speak of it so passionately and earnestly, you surely must have a definition for such an elusive concept."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 19:37:53 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Dissonance.[break][break]
But not dismissal. Not denial. By avoiding his statements about her feelings, she was still answering him. He didn't misunderstand her, he was simply making the assumption that the woman she used to be - despite the evidence of the contrary - was still alive somewhere, drowning beneath the resentment and hatred but not quite dead.[break][break]
"Love is pain," he answered simply. Would this opinion surprise her? He'd known the truth of it ever since Zev had appeared in Hoenn, intent on dragging Caleb back to a hell he'd sacrificed everything to escape. He'd known it when he'd stabbed Zev nearly a year later, finally fed up with his brother's manipulative cruelty. It was a distant past now, the wounds healed over with rough scars that didn't quite hide their history.[break][break]
And how he loved his brother, even still.[break][break]
"But love is also joy," he added. "That's the thing about love - it ruins us in the best way." He smiled, and it wasn't kind. It was as sharp as the spikes on her iron gate. "I suppose you could say that I am greedy for the torment."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 1:56:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"You truly are a jester, for you speak in nonsense."[break][break]

Agitatedly, she let her hand fall once more on her mage's staff, letting wisps of frost dance around her drumming fingertips. They twirled in tendrils of spiraling mist, reminiscent of Tapu Fini's blessing -- one she'd wielded on the poor fools of this town to great effect.[break][break]

She wondered, idly, what might happen if she were to use it on the man in front of her now. If the myth that it opened hearts, as she'd once been told, would prove true for him as it had potentially done for so many others.[break][break]

...Or if it would ruin them, as it had Lisette's adoptive mother, instead.[break][break]

"You run towards a cliff with reckless abandon, embracing the joy of the plummeting fall. You sing of the glorious view that comes from such heights, how exquisite the vista is that the descent brings you."[break][break]

Her fingers ceased in their movement, curling possessively around the staff's crystal as she chuckled. The sound sat dark and low in the back of her throat.[break][break]

"And you mean to tell me the part of this experience that excites you is the rocks you bash your skull upon? Come now, Your Highness. We both know that is not the part of the thrill which compels you so."[break][break]

A tiredness entered her gaze, one that spoke of years beyond the ones spent here in Galar. Were she another woman, it would be pitying. Instead, it reeked of condescension.[break][break]

"You secretly believe that each time you love, at last, this time shall not be the one that breaks you. But we differ, you and I. For I do not intend to give others the power to shatter me."[break][break]

She'd starve herself of love first.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 15:44:56 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"No."[break][break]
His voice was cold now, devoid of even a hint of wry humor or polite pleasantry. He shifted, lifted his hand as if to (hit her? grab her? hug her to him?) also take hold of her staff, then stopped, glaring intently instead.[break][break]
"I carry no such belief," he told her. "Love will break me every time, Elisabeth. I seek it anyway. You cannot hurt me the way you want to."[break][break]
He turned away, a feeling of finality so potent it nearly dragged him involuntarily out of her macabre garden without another word. Painstakingly, heavily, he looked over his shoulder at her, however.[break][break]
"My offer still stands. I want peace between us. For her." He paused. "So, I will care for you whether you like it or not."[break][break]
Perhaps that, above all else, would anger Elisabeth the most. He didn't care. Let her boil. As he'd tried to remind her countless times, he welcomed the risk of getting burnt.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,744 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 7:03:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

What an arrogant little fool he was.[break][break]

If he wanted the last word, so be it then. She exhaled a bitter laugh after he departed, shaking her head as she muttered to herself. "You don't know how to love someone like me, Harcourt. Or her." Or him, another voice whispered deep in the darkness inside her heart. "You can break yourself all you like, but we can't put you back together. Nor will we try."[break][break]

Men believed their own lies most of all. That had always rang true for her.[break][break]

It was a selfish love, she thought to herself as she entered her tower, this definition he'd concocted. How proud he seemingly was of how his love wounded him so. A truly vexing martyrdom. The low light of candles illuminated her slow steps as she ascended to her observatory, allowing herself the opportunity to witness the panoramic vista of the heavens above.[break][break]

The stars dimmed in and out, blinking and twinkling in a secret language all their own. It made studying them feel less lonely.[break][break]

No, she corrected herself. It made the loneliness more welcoming, as if inviting her into their mutual solitude from across the universe.[break][break]

She understood, suddenly, why such burning beings existed to only be admired for their distant beauty. When everything you touched fell to ash and ruin, you were careful what you let enter your orbit.[break][break]

You knew better than to burden your love on others, lest it break them, too.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,945 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FALLEN ANGELS [GG]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 0:23:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven