Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 6:29:25 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

(Set during Goodbye Galar: Rusted Shield, Hammerlocke.)
[break]

The people of Hammerlocke didn't seem to have warmed to Elisabeth anymore than the residents of Motostoke had, she'd noticed as she'd arrived at the castle. Although in the latter's case, fear had given way to fascination -- as much as she was reviled, power had earned Elisabeth a place in her unwanted home.[break][break]

But this was a city with plenty of gods to keep it safe. . .[break][break]

.[break][break]

Elisabeth did not recognize Hoenn's Champion, not after so many years since she last encountered him in the depths of the Ultra Deep Sea. Surely he would not equate her to the same blonde-haired, green-eyed woman she had been, either.[break][break]

Discussion of the prophecy, and the inevitable arrival of the Winter Solstice, hung heavy like a black cloud over the king's throne room before she turned to take her leave. There would be no more answers either could glean tonight.[break][break]

'The Witch of Motostoke' had come here without royal company; she cared little for respecting the authority of her own kingdom's monarchs. The decision to share what little knowledge she'd gained had been her own, out of her own selfish desire to survive.[break][break]

But perhaps some of her reasons were not so selfish as she wanted to believe, either.[break][break]

"Thank you for your time, then, Your Majesty. If you have other engagements, I will not keep you."[break][break]

Beside her, the Ruinous Beast Wo-chien emanated a bitter scent reminiscent of the jubokko leaves of the Borders. Its ochre eyes kept watch on the King of the Day, wary.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 6:55:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle from fifteen years ago would not have found comfort in this position but he keeps his smile with poise.

the throne room was stuffy. kyle did not like being the one to cater to their guests, but given the alternative, this was for the better. this is the role he took, and with every positive trait, there has to be a drawback.

"i'd actually like to invite you for teatime," he casually responds, tone awfully unfitting for his title. "would you want some rawst tea? we can serve you by our gardens?."

the smile he flashes her is practiced, friendly and welcoming. it is easy to differentiate him to the other king of hammerlocke should one know of them personally.

his eyes do not betray his objective though. they train themselves on the ruinous beast. words need not to be said where kyle's sudden interest in her come from.

"don't worry. i'm sure you don't like repeating yourself, so it won't be about the prophecy."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 4:30:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Hesitation briefly took hold of her, eyes darting away towards the door before meeting his again.[break][break]

"You don't seem like a man who often has inclination for tea," she said at length, tilting her head as she considered him. Curiosity drove her to turn from the exit, moving to follow him regardless. "It would be callous of me to refuse the generous offer of a king's time. Lead the way."[break][break]

Did he view the Ruinous Beast slithering beside her like a plague, or a novelty? The question was a brief, fleeting one, not lingering long enough to be given true thought.[break][break]

"How attached are you to your gardens?" she asked suddenly, pausing mid-step as a different distraction came to mind. "My companion and I have a tendency to plague what little greenery we touch."[break][break]

Her staff clacked against the floor, BITTER MALICE swirling in the frosted orb at its apex, as she cast her snail a sideways glance.[break][break]

"...In case that makes you prefer a change in location."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 11:29:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they walk and talk as soon as elisabeth accepts his invitation.

"zev does the time consuming part," he clarifies. "in exchange, you can say i do the part that both of us hate."

he meant trying to talk to people, administrative stuff that requires him sitting in an office for hours on end, and other jobs that don't fit their skillset. however, kyle words it in a way it can be misinterpreted.

perhaps he feels the subtle effects of grudge of being petty, though it can just easily be him trying to stir the pot for a more interesting conversation.

"that's fine," he answers with regards to his garden. "i'm sure you can use your skills as a florist to help us with it if it gets ruined accidentally."

it wouldn't though. from a different part of the castle, cosmic power stops avatar abilities from functioning.

By channeling COSMIC POWER DUSK MANE SOLGALEO can use one of two effects.

< All AVATAR powers in the vicinity are voided until COSMIC POWER is stopped. >

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 2:36:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I have not been a florist for some time," she said, the faintest curl to her lips betraying a smirk. "Nor have I managed to grow anything in my gardens, I am afraid, save for thorns and noxious weeds. Things change, I suppose."[break][break]

Solgaleo's influence was a subtle, but present, thing in Hammerlocke; the embittered scorn that manifested in Elisabeth had dulled somewhat, the Ruinous Beast at her side seeming a tad more sullen at its lack of a constant flow of resentment to feast upon.[break][break]

Had she chosen her Galarian residence differently, perhaps the Solgaleo's dampening effect would have proven more significant. Regardless, it seemed so minor that Elisabeth herself hardly noticed it as she took a seat across from the king.[break][break]

"Your city's layout is quite different from Motostoke," she opened, curious as her emerald eyes flitted to meet his. "Is that your doing? Or is that the sway of the King of the Night?"[break][break]

Though she had yet to meet here, she was silently grateful he was not the king she had met with. Ever since she used Tapu Fini's mist on Necrozma's Avatar, he had treated her as an enemy.[break][break]

Oddly, Kyle was more hospitable than her once-Rocket counterpart.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 2:56:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"mine." it always was. "it probably isn't as pretty, but it's practical. don't you think it's better this way?"

he's thankful that the people he's been stuck with weren't much into the artful side of things. although it appears contemporary, it's the subtlety of the influence of modern games that brings it all together.

"wouldn't you say it's much easier to express yourself if everything around you appears humble?" he tells her. "blending in is easy. standing out is easy. the only thing that would stop you is, well, zev. that's my logic anyways."

with a chuckle, he looks at her with a soft expression and a teasing smirk. "do you ever think of moving?"

he welcomes her to the gardens of the castle, unmarred by her touch and protected by solgaleo's blessing. zev wasn't much of an aesthetic guy, so the garden highlights a type of flower that goes well with kyle's preference: dandelions.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 3:17:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Humbleness suits you, yes," she said, and this time a light laugh left her own lips. "But I think mine has always been a flair for the dramatic."[break][break]

An ivy-wreathed tower emitting smog in the midst of barren courtyards made a statement. That statement was, essentially, 'fuck off my property.'[break][break]

"Despite our mechanical prowess, Motostoke is lacking in firepower. We are not so blessed in that regard as your nation. My absence would be felt keener than most, and I am bound to at least one or two individuals who have chosen to reside there."[break][break]

As proof of her own worth, Wo-chien rested beside her, the snail's ochre eyes staring unblinkingly at the former Champion. Between that and 's Spectrier, there were precious few citizens that possessed power on the scale needed to rebuff the sieges that might have laid waste to the city. [break][break]

"Besides," Elisabeth continued nonchalantly, a hand reaching for the promised tea cups that had been placed before them, "I'd say there are a few faces that are grateful I haven't chosen Hammerlocke as my home."[break][break]

Perhaps he was savvy enough to piece together who.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 3:50:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you didn't strike me as the type to care about other people's opinions."

it earns an amused expression on kyle's face. after all, it all goes against the perceived image of her of being a narcissist. for people from their era to talk with a lexicon befitting actual royals of medieval galar, it's the first thing kyle can attempt to discern them with.

"are you sure you aren't underestimating the people of hoenn?" he asks. "they won't be as strong, but it's definitely enough to survive."

he pours her tea from the cup.

"do you mean matias?" kyle's not entirely sure of her relationship with zev and had just assumed it's him being cautious of her ruination beast. "it's nice to think you still care after everything. it's difficult to think an avatar of ruination is as thoughtful as you."

he pours himself a cup.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 3:59:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I don't care," was her defensive retort, the way she scoffed failing to convey her perceived indifference. A finger irritably tapped the side of her tea cup. "I just know how obnoxious other people's opinions can be."[break][break]

She resented them, despite everything: the way that people looked at her, as if she was some sort of three-headed hydra wandering the streets. Worse, how they pitied her, the way she sometimes feared did, or when they claimed to understand her, the way that had dared to.[break][break]

In a way, she preferred to be feared and hated. Those emotions at least made a sort of sense. There was a respect to be had in being seen as powerful.[break][break]

"Don't you think people in Hoenn overestimate themselves?" she challenged, taking a sip of the Galarian brew. "People in Hoenn are not so invincible as they like to think they are. They will run headlong into their own destruction without a second thought. You've seen it as much as I have, long before we arrived in Galar."[break][break]

It had annoyed her in the Transfer of Power, the way her fellow Rockets had acted as if they were capable of defying just because they wanted to believe it to be so. It had annoyed her in Cyberchase, when so many had quickly thrown themselves to their deaths out of a false martyrdom.[break][break]

People didn't know their place.[break][break]

"Though speaking of people who overestimate themselves. Why do you think I care about ?" she asked blandly.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 13:00:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"they do," he answers, the smile on his face expressing affirmation to her own thoughts. "i only said they'll survive. i didn't say they'll accomplish what they ideally want."

out of everyone in the region, kyle could say he was the one most qualified to say those words, a mere observation to the trends surrounding the people who all want to be the main character of the overarching plot of the story. he could say they were perfect for the scenario had the lot of them had the balance of their ideals with the truth of the world.

and their talk comes back to matias.

"wasn't he the person you meant when you mentioned of people who wouldn't appreciate your presence in the city?" he tries to confirm to her. "had you not cared about either the people of motostoke or hammerlocke, you would have mentioned a different reason for not wanting to transfer residences, no?"

the aesthetic of her home that won't fit the city, a suitable location for her pokemon, her relationship with the people of motostoke. kyle could think of more excuses that would have fit his previous image of her, but for now, he moves her to the tsundere archetype.

"have you ever tried smiling? maybe those opinions wouldn't be as obnoxious as they were if you did."

he takes a whiff of his tea before looking back at her, his soft expression ever so reflective of the friendliness his mild teasing suggests.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 23:06:27 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Tch." Her arms crossed over her chest as she let out a huff of air, her mimicry of the Elite Four oblivious and unintentional. "I think it's human nature to prefer to go where we are wanted. In my case, I'll settle for being needed."[break][break]

For the king of a nation that had been attacked relentlessly for the past decade, certainly was one to smile often. Was he just delusional? Or that relaxed in the state of chaos? Given his last role in Hoenn, she silently suspected the latter.[break][break]

Although his question to her now made her second-guess that conclusion, her own scowl pointed as she blinked slowly at him, incredulous.[break][break]

"I must say, your majesty, I did not expect you to be one of the men who suggests to women they are more desirable if they simply consider 'smiling.' Pray tell, what is there to smile about in this dystopia?"[break][break]

It felt like a ludicrously over-the-top statement even as she said it aloud, given the peaceful simplicity of the gardens surrounding them, and how pleasant the aroma of the tea was as they breathed it in.[break][break]

All the same, a gilded cage was still a cage. And Galar was not a place any of them had intended to stay for long.[break][break]

"Is there nothing and no one you miss in Hoenn, then? Have you given up, as so many others have?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 1:59:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"who says i'm talking about what you're implying? i'm simply giving a suggestion to solve the problem, speaking from experience. would you not open up and have a pleasant conversation with me have i met you with scrutinizing eyes that glance at your companion every so often?"

he raises a brow and a tug to one end of his lip. "fake it 'till you make it, that's what they say."

elisabeth was right in her assumption. there's a manic calmness in every situation he finds himself in. fear and worry were always present, but it would always be buried by bravado and eagerness once stars align and conditions are met.

though he had always been adaptable, he never loses sight of the win condition.

"what makes you say that? i just chose to enjoy the moment. it's not like we have much to do after we've exhausted all our options by the first month or so, yes?"

elisabeth herself has done a lot of work. if she was as pragmatic as she appears to be, she should be aware of the hopelessness of their situation.

"i haven't given up, miss florist. why else would you think we have an adventurer's guild, whose main purpose is to venture out of the city?"

it's in the name.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 2:11:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I've never been especially good at that," she admitted, her hold on herself releasing with a faint sigh. "The pretending, that is."[break][break]

It was exhausting to keep up a pleasant façade at all times. It required deluding oneself on a daily basis, severing one's cynicism from one's day-to-day life. She had managed it, once, with frightening efficiency. Wo-chien's Avatarship had prevented her from silencing and stifling the indignation such pretending invoked, however.[break][break]

Hers had been a fragile mask, either way. It would have cracked eventually, she was fairly certain.[break][break]

"Is your Adventurers' Guild just an exercise in futility, then? A way of play-acting to give your citizens an illusion of control in a situation where they lack control entirely?" That was certainly how it appeared to her, from the outside looking in: an opiate for the masses. "It's a clever ruse, if so."[break][break]

The woman's compliment was genuine. Manipulation was not an easy art to master, and she herself did not feel particularly gifted in that skillset.[break][break]

"Increasingly, I find the people here are happy living their little Galarian lives." Her gaze clouded for a moment, darkening. "People are so quick to believe what they want to believe. If the world tells them they cannot leave, they tell themselves they always wanted to stay here and rot."[break][break]

Evidently, she had yet to take Kyle's advice to live in the moment and start smiling.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 2:53:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he holds a finger over his smile. "shh." it's an intent that doubles up with the fantasy he wants to write. everyone wins.

"i would never word it like that, but that's somewhat right." it's just an outlet for their frustrations without having to risk self-destructive actions. "it's tradition at this point, but it was an attempt to play on the 'hero' part of the prophecy. i can't let the drive in these people die, just in case."

layers upon layers built on different interpretations of the prophecy are still in play with kyle's attempt of his run, even before the darkest day has been revealed. his ways aren't conventional, but it gives people a chance to keep the dream alive.

elisabeth's next statement catches him offguard, but he laughs it out regardless. it's a shared sentiment, albeit seen in a different light.

"let them. living in a dream is better than mentally wasting away." kyle takes a sip of his tea. "aren't you in the same boat? the prophecy means nothing outside of the date, but you still went out of your way to explain the entirety of its meaning to hammerlocke's royalty. is that not you accepting to play a role you believe is necessary in the story?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 4:27:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

It was funny, in a way, that their mutual nihilism manifested so differently.[break][break]

Where Kyle was calm and unfazed, Elisabeth found herself increasingly agitated by the hopelessness of their situation. If she hadn't found a way to distract herself from day-to-day drudgery, she might have gone more mad than she already had.[break][break]

"Depends on the dream, I suppose," she conceded finally, leaning back in her seat. Dandelion seeds wafted across a gentle breeze, one inopportunely landing in the centre of her tea cup. "I'm not much for playing hero."[break][break]

Though wasn't she, in a way? The fact remained that she was fighting the monstrous Pokemon that threatened Motostoke, and the people within it were benefitting from her actions -- regardless of her own selfish motivations.[break][break]

Had coming here been a heroic act? It had not seemed so, at the time she'd made her decision. Instead this had appeared like the correct way to confirm her understanding of prophetic events and to gain any knowledge she might have been lacking.[break][break]

She shifted in her seat, uncomfortable with the role that 's casting had given her, and what it might say about the plot of the ensuing story. "I don't know how much say we all have in what parts we play. Often, I feel those lines have already been scripted for us."

[attr="class","pkmn"]