6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 5:21:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we have control over our perception of how things play out," he answers for her. "wouldn't it be a better ending if the main characters worked hard to reach it? if we like how it ended, then, well, it's good."

that's why kyle's favorite part of the story wasn't the climax, but the rising action. it wouldn't be the part of the story that would be the talk, but it's the part of the story that would get trashed if the conclusion wasn't satisfying. it was the difference between the rushed conclusion and the eye-opening foreshadowing that connects to intricate details of each interaction of the story element.

"wouldn't you feel a bit satisfied if the justification for researching all of these manifested itself in some form of practical use for the final fight, predetermined or not?" it's an open-ended question that he never intended for her to answer. "that's why i wanted you in hammerlocke."

kyle turns his attention to her ruinous beast.

"but it seems like you already made your mind with sticking to motostoke. familiarity with a ruinous beast is still an advantage even though it wasn't mentioned in the prophecy, but we'll manage without it."

he turns back to elisabeth with a smile and a tilt of his head to the side. as she was the type to easily get suspicious, it was better to let his reasons out in the open rather than let her conjure one of her own. it was straightforward, practical and harmless, which makes it believable and something that won't spiral into misunderstanding.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 6:44:34 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

"...You wanted me here?"[break][break]

Her emerald eyes widened with faint surprise, whatever residual red haze that had once misted them long lost to the chipping away of this decade on her own hardened psyche. Perhaps some of it was the Solgaleo's distant influence, leaving her briefly at a loss for words.[break][break]

Even in Rocket, her Avatarship with a Ruinous Beast had been a divisive thing; no one, certainly, had expressly stated genuine relief about having it on their side in the way that Kyle had just now. Some part of her had always felt paranoid that she was viewed as more enemy than ally in her new state.[break][break]

It was alarming, how quickly such a small expression of acceptance unmoored her.[break][break]

"I admit, I do not understand the Ruinous Beasts much myself," she confessed, brushing aside a strand of her dark hair. When she gazed at Wo-chien now, it was as if seeing it for the first time -- perhaps, here and now, was the first time she had been able to do so with clear eyes. "It's... mm. The bonds of Avatarship are difficult to define. But it feels tied to me, in a way, that seems more pervasive than most."[break][break]

How quiet her mind felt, in Hammerlocke. What an unexpected solace it was, to be weakened by the powers of another.[break][break]

Elisabeth pressed a hand to her temple, frowning for a moment, before she looked up at Kyle uncertainly. The briefest hesitation wavered in her gaze before she spoke.[break][break]

"I think it wants to go back, though," she admitted finally. "It wants something in Hoenn. I don't know what, but. It has a purpose there. It doesn't expect us to stay."[break][break]

There was a sense of transgression in speaking those words aloud. Still, she ignored the sensation of ochre eyes boring into her back with judgment.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 1:50:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that makes sense. they do not perceive attachment the same way we do, after all." he would prod elisabeth about what grounds her on galar, but he'd rather not break the momentum of their conversation with teasing. "better that than mine, whose objective i barely have an idea about."

he doesn't mind, that's probably how he fit ho-oh's criteria as its avatar. the same could be said to elisabeth and other driven avatars with their patrons.

as he shrugs off the attempt of a lighthearted joke, he turns from wo-chien to its avatar. "either way, we'll be reaching a conclusion after winter solstice anyways. it's just a matter of waiting for your partner."

kyle stands up from his seat and starts wandering off from their table, walking to the nearest patch of flowers in their garden by their spot. though he exposes his back, he also turns his face away from her to force her into answering instead of escaping the question with a discomforting expression.

not that it would be needed.

"how about you? how would you spend your last days here? surely, you won't just sit around and do nothing as days roll about."

like a poisoned chalice, elisabeth has drawn herself in a conversation she cannot escape with a sharp glare. kyle draws a roadmap of dialogue options with each possibility, and everything would end in a manner that he'd find satisfactory.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 13:06:22 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Her gaze followed him as he walked amidst the dandelions, seemingly content to enjoy the peace of his gardens. It was not difficult to imagine him spending every day meditating in a place like this, relaxed as he awaited an inevitable end to this saga.[break][break]

"I've fallen into my own routine, same as anyone else," she said, glancing away. It felt odd to admit to any relationships of her own. There was the girl, she supposed, but people misconstrued that as beyond the bonds of apprenticeship she had offered her. There was no reason to give that relationship anymore weight than that, surely.[break][break]

Similarly she didn't presume what was to her, or what she was to him. Sometimes it felt more like they were one another's anchor of sanity, or at least, a tether to a mutual promise not to forget the world they left behind. Privately, she didn't think she gave him any solace. If anything, he was trying to give that solace to her.[break][break]

"I suppose spending time with the same few people I have been for the past twenty-or-so years. Attempt to ready myself for battle. Nothing too riveting."[break][break]

She plucked the errant dandelion seed from her teacup and blew on it, letting it scatter back into the garden.[break][break]

"And you?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 13:32:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"building up sentiments for this place." like a specific event picked from a memory to share during teatime, he plucks a few stems from his garden, managing a small handful of dandelions and daisies. "just in case we do get home, i want souvenirs, tangible or not."

he hands her the flowers. kyle doesn't say any word aside from an invitation to the city.

"that sounds like you aren't busy then. do you want to come with me to the city's shopping district? i still need a book to press those flowers with as my thank you gift to you.""

they would wilt as soon as she leaves the range of solgaleo's influence. the best way to preserve them was with the childhood wonder of pressing flowers, whose whimsical nature fits with kyle's theme of wonder.

his brow is raised with a smile of mischief painted on his face. kyle extends an hand to her as a gesture of courtesy. she was a guest, and he supposed he was just hospitable as a host.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2023 22:12:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The humble bouquet of white dandelion puffs sat uncertainly in her hands as Elisabeth peered up at him, attempting to read the king of Hammerlocke's intent. Nothing but the same placid smile answered that unvoiced question.[break][break]

How long had it been since she had been able to hold fresh flowers in her hands? Years.[break][break]

Decades, even.[break][break]

Her fingers curled around the vibrant green stems, wondering if she should voice her gratitude for such a small kindness aloud.[break][break]

"Did you know in the language of flowers," she said instead, moving to fall into step beside the former Champion, "that dandelions speak to rebirth? It's because they bloom in the spring, when winter ends."[break][break]

She'd rarely been asked to sell that flower, back when she pretended to be someone she wasn't: someone kinder, better, or 'happier,' maybe. That had been the dream, at least. 'Happiness.'[break][break]

It felt strange walking beside Kyle in the town center now, the looks they earned seeming as much due to him as due to the Ruinous Beast by her side. There was a dream-like quality to this interaction, as if it felt like something that shouldn't be possible in their day-to-day reality.[break][break]

"I hope that when the Winter Solstice ends," she said, allowing herself a sideways glance his way, "we find ourselves similarly able to pick up the pieces of whatever all this has been."[break][break]

To flourish again, anew.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
COURT INTRIGUE [GG]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 19:05:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: