awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 15:15:22 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THIS WILL BE THEIR FIRST MISSION AFTER S.P.E.C.T.R.A. EVALUATIONS, and Selena's first after the events that transpired in Galar. Selena needs to put mind some place else or she will be dwelling on everything that has happened for the past twenty years, she might recall.

When intelligence about the surge of tera crystals in the cave systems has been gathered, their team is among the first to be dispatched to explore what it is all about. Although the reports do not specifically mention about a Legendary Pokemon or an avatar, it has been noted that their teamwork has been among the stellar chemistries Team Rocket has ever seen. Besides, no one truly knows the deep-rooted mysteries that surround these gemstones.

"Ever encountered a Paradox Pokemon? Intel says we need to be careful of them because they swarm these caves with tera crystals in them."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 3:55:08 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
Like any good blade, he stays on the woman's right side. Just ahead of her, leaning his barenaked sword against his shoulder. Let these paradox Pokemon come. No skin off his teeth, no danger to him. He's killed them before. He knows how they die. He was there in that podunk little town on the edge of everywhere and nowhere.[break][break]
"I've killed 'em before." He admits. "That one robot that looks like a Gallade? It's got a heart, same as anything else. They bleed oil. Anything in these caves attacks us, well..." Above his free hand floats a peculiar little creature. Were it not for its independent suspension in the air, it would surely be mistaken for paper mache. It floats around, chuckling and surveying the area. Fragile as this little paper crane is, it is power. Hitoshi has witnessed its power firsthand. Perhaps its style resonates with him - offense at the cost of all defense. One decisive swing to end things.[break]
"You two got pulled into the sword, right?" He asks them. Since that day, he has been more somber. More serious. Severe. Almost stern.[break][break]
"Missed you guys." Twenty years is a long time to think. He's not afraid to make that admission to them.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 7:58:16 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Galar was... eye-opening. Twenty years ago, he was the same person they see now, but just last week he was a completely changed person. He was able to work through his baggage, well, what baggage they had present. He was better. He was so much better than this. Whatever this was.[break][break]

He had done every dream he had ever wanted before Rocket got its claws back in him. He got married. He made an orphanage. He was able to make a difference.[break][break]

All of it snapped into pieces when the Black Knight won...[break][break]

"Yeah. During the Ultra Sea mission, the Interdream played tricks on me." Ashley responds, and looks at a Pokeball of his, and raises a brow. "Have one myself."[break][break]

... is it weird that he missed Hitoshi for his blunt bloodlust? It's weird to think about, but he almost missed their rapport. But he never expected him to respond with missing both of them. How they got sucked into the Sword and not the Shield. That... surprised Ashley greatly.[break][break]

"You too, man."[break][break]

He felt more mature than he had been. If he had one regret, it was treating Hitoshi like shit in their first meeting, but now he just smiles. It's comforting to have someone like him around. Selena too. But unlike Hitoshi, he had her around all the time, as royalty. Hitoshi had neither of them.[break][break]

"It was wild. Became royalty. Almost clobbered the shit out of Zacian the first time... it feels like so long ago."[break][break]

...[break][break]

Better stick to the mission. He shakes his head. "Come on. The Glimmora should be around here somewhere. That'll give us insight on where to go." Ashley takes the helm. He felt different. This felt like a group he could depend on. And so he would.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, MISSION[break]
- Ashley is happy to have both of them nearby.[break]
- Notes he has fought Paradox Mons before during Postdorm. Brought his Roaring Moon, El Diablo, along.[break]
- Admits he missed Hitoshi.[break]
- Goes into events of GG, but changes the subject. Gotta find Glimmora...

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 9:46:39 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
ALL IT TAKES IS AN UNEXPECTED EVENT TO CHANGE THEM INTO WHO THE PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE NOW: being softer, being tougher, and even when feels like she is still the same old Selena, her twenty years reigning in the memory world of Galar changed her in ways she did not expect it would. After all, her fears of being irrelevant are triumphed by the experience of being revered and regarded with respect.

And while the memory of it is slowly dissipating from the back of her head, the feeling remains inside her chest.

She only responds to with a smile and a nod of acknowledge to . Godkillers has matured since their last exams. She knows will just be proud of them.

"Be careful of the Glimmoras though. They have the tendency to self-explode when things become awry for them. Ashley, you know what to do when that happens." Being the shield, that is all.

Eventually, deep into the cavern, what says eventually proves to be true. A swarm of Glimmora hovers ahead of a boulder gate that looks like concealing an entrance to a much deeper tunnel. "When we push the boulder, get ready ."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 3:39:11 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
"Man, both of you guys got crowns? All I got was a dojo and a bunch of oddballs who kept followin' me around. Callin' me master. Guess they thought I had somethin' to teach." He grumbles, although he has no serious desire to carry a crown. Reflecting on the event that kicked everything off, twenty-odd years ago, they all descended on the two dogs. The only two creatures with the good sense to fight those monsters, and everyone in Team Rocket wanted the Shield Dog dead.[break]
"Only thing I took away from all that is...that cat is bad news. Hope you know, boss: I ever see it, I'm killin' that thing." He's accepted the woman's role as his leader, given her a fancy name and everything. There are precious few names he can remember. Yumi, Mei, Elly-chan, Jetto-chan. Everyone else gets nicknames and epithets.[break]
"As for these losers...think I've got just the tool. Kusanagi, get ready." His Kartana grows excited, sensing what Hitoshi is about to do.[break]
"Slot...in!" Inside his katana's grip is a tera orb, slotted with a water shard attuned to this Kartana. The shard came from these same caverns. When the boulder is pushed...[break]
...a blue streak trails off towards the horde of Glimmora. Trailing a rapid path of destruction, he goes clean through one side of a Glimmora and comes out the other. They have no time to explode. Well, the ones he hits don't.[break]
The others began to close in around the Kartana. It grows stronger with each kill, but all that power will do it no good as several began to inhale and glow.[break]
Soon will come the boom.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 3:05:47 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Glimmoras definitely do explode, and while Ashley shoots Selena a smile, it's like that of a younger brother. He never really felt like a sibling before. Just like in Galar, she was always there, always present. While he may not have always agreed with her, that backing was important.[break][break]

It reminded him that he had a half-sister somewhere in Hoenn.[break][break]

"Duly noted. El Diablo and Reinhardt will be able to take care of it then." He too, had accepted his role as a subordinate to Selena. She was the brain, he was the shield, Hitoshi the blade. 's words from years ago had been somewhat correct, at least, twenty years ago they had been. He hadn't the experience to be a good leader.[break][break]

But he's not even perturbed by those words now. Like echoes on the wind, at best. For now, he would follow along.[break][break]

Hitoshi's surprise has him grin a little. "Probably would have liked that. Being a king, you carry the people on your back... wouldn't have wished it on anyone." But he doesn't ever say he was a bad king. In truth, he found himself oddly content with the position after awhile. At first, the people hailed him a hero, he wanted it to be gone.[break][break]

The mission truly begins with the swarm of Glimmora, and with it, Ashley does something incredibly sneaky. He tosses his Pokeball to the side, and as they get the boulder, and prepare to move it... Hitoshi is already planning the strike.[break][break]

His Kartana, Kusanagi, does just that. But as the Glimmora have no time to explode, Ashley's silver eyes wait for the moment. And then two fingers to his mouth. A whistle.[break][break]

With a roar, El Diablo ascends, the scorching SUNNY DAY behind its back, as they land with a boom, stopping out two more Glimmora, and tossing them away. It's eyes shoot to Kusanagi, and with a nod, the dragon begins to spin around to push all of the Glimmora away from the Trainers and Kusanagi.[break][break]

No need to be a shield if the boom doesn't make contact.[break][break]

El Diablo roars out, attempting to scare away the Glimmora. They were the Dragon King, the Devil, the monstrosity that sat atop the mountain. Let none challenge the king of yesterday, and fear the demon's roar.[break][break]

Hopefully, all the Glimmora were away. If they popped now, let the PROTOSYNTHESIS'd Defense take care of it. Boomtime meant little to the Dragon King El Diablo![break][break]

"Show off."[break][break]

And the bastard dragon knew it.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, MISSION[break]
- Ashley responds positively to both Selena and Hitoshi. Really did miss them both.[break]
- As the mission begins, Ashley lets loose his one ball, and lets it roll off to the side... preparing as the boulder is pushed.[break]
- After Kusanagi strikes, El Diablo, the Dragon King itself, flies in with a SUNNY DAY and PROTOSYNTHESIS'd Defense to help take the brunt, spinning to push the Glimmora out of the way.[break]
- Big Dragon is roaring out. A showoff, and damn if they didn't want everyone to know. Acting like a beacon for any danger...

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 23:16:10 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
IN TIME, SELENA HAS COME TO ACCEPT HER ROLE AS WELL being the head of their group. This position does not come with superiority or bias but being simply a designation of tasks. But Selena knows that when their mettles were tested, all of them proved to be trustworthy leaders on their own.

There is no question with being a thronemate for their Galarian royalty stint for the last two decades. There is a surprising relief hearing 's tale as a sensei to his kenshis as well. If given a chance, if given a different circumstance, and if they are to perform what they are expected to perform during the trials, she knows she would have pale in comparison to the two.

Perhaps the comment about "being more" struck Selena in more ways than she could have ever imagined. She felt having her own safety nets through spies and loyal subjects would have earned her the respect she deserved from the Rocket's upper echelons.

But then again, why would she ever need someone else's approval?

The team did just like what she said: Selena cuts through the boulder instead: she summons Iron Valiant at her stead in case any gets past them. manages himself to get a Kartana which swifts through the swarm of Glimmoras at a blinding speed. resorts to his Roaring Moon who scares off the others that remain.

And then there's only the deep endless tunnel looking back at them.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Black Dog
He/Him
November 9th
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Hitman
Swordsman
147 height
147 height
awards
439 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hitoshi
Hitoshi Inoue
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 12:07:32 GMT
Hitoshi Inoue Avatar
"I've got enough t'worry about just keepin' the people 'round me safe." Hitoshi states with the bluntness of a mace. Kusanagi wears a crown of waves, swirling around him. It douses his robes in water. Hitoshi pays it no mind. It's life a refreshing drizzle in the sudden daylight. The Pokemon seem to be no more. Sad, he was starting to have fun. They're a well-polished team. The dog whistles at the two. He has no Paradox Pokemon. Merely Kusanagi, floating around him. The blade waits for further orders. Each kill has made him tremendously stronger.[break]
Blue eyes gaze out at them from the deep darkness of the tunnel. Hitoshi sees a pink mist. That's not the first time he's seen something like that. He steps to the front of the group. A happy little robot shambles out of the darkness. Red, white, with blue eyes. It's a happy little Delibird from a future that will never be. Another joins it, and another. A whole line of them.[break]
They wave. Hitoshi senses danger. With a flit of his eye, Kartana flicks towards them. The first stands no chance. Hitoshi and Kusanagi are on the same page. The machines have parts in the same place as the heart. That's all he needs to know. The first of the Iron Bundles explodes.[break]
"So...anything different about the Sword? Seems t'me, from how all the other guys talk about it back at base, the two worlds were pretty much the same."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
EYES OF GOD [M]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 1:36:07 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

El Diablo feasts upon fear, scaring the swarm away best it could, the demon roaring again, as if to tell them that continued assaults will lead to ruination. The monstrous dragon stops, landing on the ground, and merely snorting, a hot puff of steam from its nostrils, as it moves nearby, readying to unleash hell at a moment's notice.[break][break]

There's no feeling in it anymore though. Not for Ashley. It's just another mission. With two people he actually kind of enjoys the company of.[break][break]

The flock of Delibots has Ashley stare on, as Hitoshi and Kusanagi strike first, and go to town. With a nod, so too does El Diablo, as with a BREAKING SWIPE, the ancient dragon attacks everything to keep the heat off of Kusanagi.[break][break]

It's to Hitoshi's question, that Ashley takes pause, and his face is unmistakably... troubled. Memories may be fading, but he still holds them tightly to his heart.[break][break]

"Aside from Zacian? Probably." Ashley bites his lip, and turns towards El Diablo, still swiping away. had a similar experience. The Sword and the Shield were just that. Parallel worlds that tore apart between the instruments. Silver eyes lacked conviction, just more trouble as he turns to the side.[break][break]

El Diablo roars. A reminder of where they were. He regains his composure. "Stadium full of ash... horse guy told us... shit. It's getting harder to remember." He rubs the back of his head. Damned memory was going.[break][break]

Turning to Selena, someone he saw like an older sister now.[break][break]

"You remember?"[break][break]

...[break][break]

He really was going to miss this.

, [break][break]

NOTES

- OUTFIT, MISSION[break]
- Ashley doesn't have the same shine as before. El Diablo doesn't care, the Dragon King roars.[break]
- Delibots? No problem. El Diablo BREAKING SWIPES all of them to assist Kusanagi.[break]
- Memories fading slowly, Ashley remarks the stadium of ash, the horse guy, and asks Selena to fill in the gaps.[break]
- Lamenting the future.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]