176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
Stuffies on the truck [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 0:43:57 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan was no stranger to hiking trips. While the guide warned him over and over, he brushed it off repeatedly. The two were en-route to the hills in a small, compact car. When he was taken as far as he could go, Dylan tripped out and faceplanted in the snow. "..."

He picked himself up and glanced at his phone. Someone asked for him to be here, and there's no way he'd bail, right?

Dylan stood there in a black parka with red lining, and matching black jeans with red stitches. His boots were tall too, and... was that a little stuffed Cubchoo clipped to his belt? "...Oz. You there?"

He asked, hoping the dead air let his voice travel further. His voice came out low and soft, like he was pushing it through the back of his throat instead of his vocal cords.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
Wealth doesn't corrupt character - it makes it visible.
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 4:05:28 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest7"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","text"]Let’s see if he shows up. If you wanted to roll with Ozni, you had to be open to some pretty weird stuff. Not like tacos at 2 AM weird. But, still, not exactly your typical C-suite fare. So, after the first couple of part-timers fell through, he decided to put a twist on the interview. No more cozy office. They’d go do something cool instead. Literally. [break][break]

As a guy who grew up in the tropics, he hadn’t even seen snow until middle school. Even if his family gave him plenty of experiences with the cold shoulder, Oz found something fascinating about it. Figuring this legendary-borne wasteland would make for a killer post—maybe something he could link back to their icy pain patches—he’d scheduled his next interview in the wastes.[break][break]

Maybe the all-white snowsuit hadn’t been the best idea. Sure, it looked awesome, but it made him super hard to spot. Already, he’d almost been run over by two Mamoswiine. But the alternative to looking like the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man was getting frostbite. So, in the end, he left the thing on. Sure, he’d do a polar plunge for charity. But losing a finger here wouldn’t get him any accolades. But, it did let him go unnoticed for a minute.[break][break]

And, now, he was trying not to chuckle at Dylan’s deer-in-the-headlights expression. He was kind of curious how the guy would react if he thought himself alone. Would he make some snow lemonade? Start walking away? Apparently, he’d start whining.[break][break]

“Yo! Dylan!” With a grin, Oz would bound through the snow toward the lavender-haired kid. “You think I’d leave you stuck out here?” He sniffed melodramatically. “That distrust breaks my heart!” He shook his head. Blue eyes shifted as he pretended to dot away tears beneath his goggles. Something impossible to do because he didn’t actually take them off.[break][break]

A trademark Adebayo smile crawled across dark lips. A certain predator was sneaking up through the snow. Its red cheeks glowed brightly under the cold. 3, 2, 1… With a toothy grin, ICEE pounced at the part-time DJ. “ZOLLLLLLLLT!” Maybe he’d include the screams in his next mix tape.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

His Arctozolt is here to give you a spook. Maybe we make this a DW?

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.gunstest7]--accent:#7DE4FB;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gunstest7]font:10px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 a"]font:10px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 i"]color: #A7EDFC;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 5:11:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELDUM APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SMOOCHUM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PERISH SONG

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 19:54:54 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan was a whiner, sure. When you grow up with no expectations, nobody interested in you either... How do you handle opportunity after opportunity, in any sense of the word? In either case, the cold was just a hair colder than what he was used to. In Spikemuth, down by the river, you couldn't feel any of your toes unless you chained yourself to the radiator.

"...I'm here for the interview. Do you have any burning questions? I feel like people know too much about eachother, but I wanna meet you halfway here."

The silence, the dead air... The only part of this that was a real trip was the expectation that someone else would be there. He was used to long hikes in solitude, up mountains and through forests.

In either case, seeing Oz was a welcome relief. Even better, he wore a puffer jacket that looked to be one size too big. He smiled, before patting his own parka.  "Yeah, I'm a heartbreaker. A little monster."

He said, shaking his head. But then, his Arctozolt crept up, before howling at him. Dylan flinched and lost his footing, landing on his back. The pokeballs clipped to his belt dug into his hips, not unlike sitting on your keys times a thousand. He winced, and needed a second to get over the shock. The belt was lined with balls, half of them empty. He rolled over, and laughed a little. "You're the first person to get the jump on me. You should be proud of yourself."

But before he could get too comfortable, the two of them were flanked by wild pokemon. While one of them looked like a lost baby, a thing twisting his heart and triggering a maternal instinct, the other looked mechanical and heartless.

Dylan turned loose his Litwick and met it halfway. While Beldum's attacks proved ineffective, Litwick set up Will o Wisp, and then Fire Spin. While it idly stalled and ran out the clock, Dylan slowly rose to his feet, prepared a pokeball, and lobbed it at the Beldum.

TAKING BELDUM

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 5:01:54 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","text"]The man leaned down to face the smaller man. “I always have a ton of those, babe.” You didn’t earn multiple master’s degrees without reason. You did it because you found learning fun. That and he needed something to lord over his sister. As well as an excuse to put off the real world. Giving Dylan back a smidgen of personal space, he slid himself a few feet back.[break][break]

“I mean if you want to play the interview game, so can I.” He’d never had to do an interview in reality. All his jobs were courtesy of good old-fashioned nepotism. Maybe he’d start with something easy before throwing a zinger out of left field. “Let’s start with a classic then.” A smile crawled across his face. “A Piplup in a sombrero walks up to you in the office. It starts speaking to you.” A motion up ahead got his attention. “What’s it say?”[break][break]

Gleeful from her successful ‘hunt,’ the Arctozolt jumped up and down like a drug-addled jackrabbit. She let loose a couple of chirps. The celebration ended, however, when she nearly bumped into a stumbling little lip baby. [break][break]

Ozni turned to face the thing’s cry. “Awww! Look at the baby!”[break][break]

It started to scream. Its head unleashed a burst of confusing psychic energy. “SMOOOOOOOOOCHHHHH!” With a frightened squawk, ICEE released a Bolt Beak at it.[break][break]

“Icee! Wait—” The thing collapsed to the snow with a defeated little whimper. With a sigh, Oz lobbed a ball at it.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

Catching Smoochum

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest7 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 22:11:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLALIE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FROST BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SPHEAL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DEFENSE CURL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AURORA BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 6:58:33 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan smirked when he said that. That he was just full of questions. The little "babe" put him at ease. As much as he tried to be stone-cold and deadpan, he felt like he could be at ease around Oz. Dylan snickered. "Love to hear it, babe." When Oz towered over him and leaned in, he defiantly stood on his toes and leaned in, only to be met by him backing away.

Classic job interview questions. He worked at a morgue at 23, and is now stuck at an office. Like a reflex, he recalled this question.  "Where's the sunscreen."

He said, slightly defeated. He was this close to breaking through as an artist. Stooping to this was admitting that it'd always be a hobby. A dream. The one upside of dreaming, is you can come back to it when you sleep. "I know we're here to talk shop. But... what do you do for fun?"

He asked, before being torn away from the conversation again. While the imposing Glalie struck his fancy, he stared it down for a second. Another mean mug. But... there it was. His eyes lit up. Dylan must've felt like Ozni did minutes ago, walking across the snow to lay there and play with the Spheal. He was doing all the classics. Got your nose, peek-a-boo, the whole nine yards. "I... want to hold onto him. Atleast until we find his family."

He then rose to his feet, scooping Spheal into his arms as he turned to face Ozni. Dylan then plucked a pokeball off his belt and poked its head with it.

TAKING SPHEAL

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Oz
He/Him
July 11
Hau'oli City
Heterosexual
CEO of Adebayo Holdings
awards
232 posts
Ozni Adebayo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ozniadebayo
Ozni Adebayo
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 14:36:22 GMT
Ozni Adebayo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","text"]Aww! He didn’t mind the babe! Where exactly Ozni had picked up that habit, he couldn’t remember. He vaguely remembered one of the family chauffeurs flirting with everything in sight. But a lot of people thought it was sexist. Even though he did it to everybody. When Dylan leaned closer, the CEO grinned. We’re going to get along just fine.
[break][break]
The answer received a thumbs up. It was quirky and proof the kid thought on his feet (or read the same interview blog that Oz did). “Hopefully it has the pockets for them.” Otherwise, it’d stuff that in a very awkward place. Blue eyes shifted slightly skyward to the sky above. “Definitely important, especially in a place like this.” Most people thought sunscreen was for hot weather. But real explorers—like him (lol)--knew sunburn was just as likely in the snow. “I mean look at me. I was as pale as you, and then POOF I went skiing.” He gestured to himself with a sweeping wave.
[break][break]

The question received a grin in return. What did he do for fun? He tried to be fun incarnate, but he didn’t have much time for hobbies. Still, the kid deserved an answer. “I’m really into Lego. Also a huge movie and book buff.” He pondered things for a minute. A lot of things he did in his off time were more for views and looking cool than the stuff he actually enjoyed. “I mess with computers and sound mixing too.” Surveying the land before him, it looked like he was on the hunt for inspiration. “What about you, bub?”

[break][break]

Again, more Pokemon appeared. In a dead zone like this, noise would probably attract everything for miles around. It wasn’t like there was a McDonald’s around. A sense of panic filled him as his potential hire flopped down next to a Spheal. The Glalie stared at them for a moment. Oz’s heart stopped. “You know that sentient ice chunk is dangerous, right?” But, fortunately, it grew bored and bobbed away.
[break][break]

With a sigh of relief, Ozni watched the two play. It was high-key adorable. So much so that he snapped a picture of it for a social media post. Something about being Pokemon-friendly or some other bull. “You do that—” A finger went up. “--Just remember that babies are a LOT of responsibility.” Then, something in the distance caught his eye.
[break][break]

It was a very oddly shaped ice chunk. It even had arms and legs. “Interview question two—” He jerked his thumb toward it. “Can you beat me to the dino rock?” With a noise of elation, he started running toward the destination.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

His Arctozolt is here to give you a spook. Maybe we make this a DW?

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights