awards
2,690 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:32:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
cold water shivers around her. it floods her nose and her ears and down her throat, but she ignores it in lieu of raking claw and teeth against her threat. skin greets incisor and the ocean's salt is in her mouth and then she is choking, truly choking, as her cloudy vision blooms red. 

somehow the woman's words are knifing through her, reverberating through the water like a siren's song. she releases her prey (her captor?) to struggle against these new bonds. instinct shoves panic to the forefront of her brain as her lungs flatten. 

a hand parts the reddened sea, but this is no savior. 

instead, freya's own glowing fingers find purchase in the floating kelp. ribbons of safeguard wrap around her in an ethereal hue. as she breaks the surface, coughing and sputtering, drinking the air with the avarice of the dying, glass tightens over her form in rainbow hues. 

a light screen swathes her. under the rolling waves, two dragonair weave protective threads around their mistress. their echoes ring out in the deep, calling for aid.

"and our fire still burns in this domain." her voice is strangled and raw, but strong nonetheless as she's lifted from the water. the serpent beneath her tosses its head, shifting through the poisonous tide as though it were nothing. 

she bristles. "forget? you think i could forget what's been done?"

but she is afforded no more words. whatever steeled resolve she had implodes the moment that pink fog blooms from the red tide. the sea rolls. the sun disappears as the cloud presses closer. 

she tries to run.

her hand reaches for her choker, but the corners of her vision have turned pink and she is reminded of each and every one of her failings. 

you abandoned your duty.

you broke your promise. 

you let him down.

you lost yourself.

and who are you, daughter of the moon, if nothing but a sword? you bite and claw for flesh and blood and you are not sated by those trivial, mortal things. you do not yearn. you do not love. you only crave.

tears slick down her cheeks. dread rages against the influx of thoughts that are not her own.

"stop," she pleads, voice broken.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,442 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 20:12:39 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Who was this sniveling, pathetic creature that pretended to be ?[break][break]

Elisabeth had been promised a gleaming warrior, a mighty Morningstar that had sworn to defend the people of Sootopolis behind her aegis. Who was this weeping figure tossed by the waves? What a laughable excuse for an accomplice.[break][break]

(But this was a woman that she recognized, too: a blonde damsel who sobbed alone in her bedroom, begging for a release that would never come, pleading for a mercy that nature never gave freely.)
[break]

What a hateful, miserable, idiotic little fool that broken girl had been.[break][break]

Dragons danced around a mistress who threatened to bow and break at the slightest touch of pink smoke, crumbling as it sought to breach her SAFEGUARD only to falter and dissipate on impact.[break][break]

The underboss's mouth twitched in silent disgust.[break][break]

"You speak of fire, but all we see is smoke and ash."
[break]

To think she had thought, for even a second, of offering to join hands with this woman. To think she'd have given her a chance to bask in the victory and unadulterated joy of defeating one's tormenter -- but no, Freya had not proven herself deserving of such a thing, had she?[break][break]

Had anyone ever offered Elisabeth her own salvation so openly? How generous she'd almost been, for such thankless reward.[break][break]

Her hand curled once more into a fist, denying that small kindness to the white-haired woman as she turned her back to her.[break][break]

"When the full moon next rises, we will do what you cannot. We will destroy the object of your fear, your hatred, and your resentment."
[break]

The fog thickened, condensed into a wall that separated them both from one another. Elisabeth breathed out a GRUDGE that swept over the sparkling, rose-hued blanket of foam. Red eyes glimmered within the MISTY TERRAIN, twin rubies cutting through the rosy expanse.[break][break]

"Your hands may remain clean even as we bloody our own. But when falls, know that we did not do it for you, but for ourselves."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,781 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 4:23:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

YOU ARE NOT LOST,

MY CHILD.

BOONS COME IN MANY FORMS. they are gifts—administered to the worthy or sold on behalf of their patron’s debts. regardless of intent, their physicality is not the end all be all. these humans understand little about their usage, much less their limitations.

how binary must they be to assume that they alone dictate nature’s call?

the voice of CAIT ALFRIC, pierces through the hazy madness that consumes . an assurance that cuts through her mental fog, as if to suck in the MISTY TERRAIN that pollutes through her very pores. her influence can be treacherous. self destructive.

but it does not have to be purposeless.

from the breach comes the shell of a pokemon that should not exist. one that has been buried in the papers as the first to fall. some avatars have been robbed of their titles. their legendaries gone without explanation. but none have been declared dead by hands of team rocket.

only one pokemon holds that title.

and here, at the behest of her new avatar, she reveals herself in a whirlpool of displaced water and marine curtains. TAPU FINI. spirit of hoenn’s islands.

elisabeth’s mistake is born from a misunderstanding: she alone is not overtly special. yes, she fulfills the requirements the legendary has for what services an avatar, but she is not alone in those qualifications. in another world, it could have been freya who now usurps the title of VINDICTIVE. the only difference here is that she cheated.

someone had told her when and where to be. a privilege her opponent will never taste.

but what freya does have is a connection to this pokemon. what she sees as a curse the pokemon views as a baptism. those who have tasted NATURE’S MADNESS are those who have suckled onto her teet. are they not all children of the earth? do they not all possess the potential of her wrath?

the pokemon’s stare is just as empty as she remembers. it stares forward, hand outstretched, open. its other is held in protest of its avatar.

she knows not of their history.

she does not know they are all her children.

sisters.

unforgiving.

unrelenting.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,690 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 5:07:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her dragonairs strain. shimmering ribbons fluctuate against the billowing mist, struggling to keep the infection away as freya slackens. as her hands fall through lerye's kelplike mane. she is adrift on the water, in her thoughts, tasting and breathing a past she's tried to stamp out behind her.

wading through a bath in a body not her own. curling a frail, naked self against fernando silph like a newborn babe. the world around her full of disorienting colors and sights and sounds because none of it mattered - nothing mattered but keeping him safe.

“but having your mobility, your autonomy, stripped from you, changes a person.”

the safeguard threads around her continue to fray. mist slips in through the patchwork holes, wriggling through her pores, and she cannot find her will to dive into the sea. to continue to outrun this past that has, she realizes now, has always been inevitable.

"how do you feel?"

shattered. empty promises in the shape of a needle, slipping under armored scales in one decisive, sudden movement. the end of it all. the end of her.

"being put together."

her dragalge bucks, tangled in the weeds now. a ghost emerges from the red tide. seeing it makes her jaw slacken. aeris finally loses her grip and the light screen splinters. chromatic shards dissipate into the air and she is naked again, pale skin swathed in tapu fini's mist.

"was this power yours to give?"

“does it matter?”

"i ask because i will not give it back so easily."

and a new voice, clangorous and ephemeral, is a chorus that drowns her own. that finally, blissfully, drowns fernando's. once a friend to them both and even after the end, a kinder friend to him still. 

YOU ARE NOT LOST, MY CHILD.

her gaze settles on that unaffected, stoic face. and then down, slowly over scaled black curves to three needlepoint fingers, outstretched in an offering. understanding rattles through her, stroking that jealous, ever-hungry part of her. 

tantalizing the forsaken woman who'd fled through a portal into another world. promising a vengeance. a retribution. a deliverance. she has already been baptized. now she is meant to follow the holy order.

cait's voice is a soft timbre, assuring her that this time will be different. that she - they know her. they know she is not lost. but it doesn't make sense, and there are voices in her head, dappling through this haze - king's rough laughter, eva's furtive smiles, alexander's composed mirth - reminding her, gently, who she has become.

her gaze flits back over that expectant face, down the other arm, where its iron grip holds elisabeth by the wrist.

anger sputters back to the surface, blooming into a wildfire that spurs her to action. fingers knot in lerye's mane. eyes narrow. but before her breath can get away from her, before it can consume her, she grits her teeth and exhales - slowly, out through the mouth, steadying herself like king taught her. 

"he does not control me any longer," she says to elisabeth. her eyes are molten gold as they snap back to tapu fini.

"and neither do you."

baptism thread, where the quotes are pulled from
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,781 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 8:34:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

JUST CONFUSED,

AND HURT.

HER REFUSAL SWINGS THE SCALE OF TAPU FINI’S ARMS. what once held elisabeth back now grants her free reign. as penance, freya sees the upright palm of TAPU FINI’s fin. her stoppage is at hand.

someone who would refuse her is not the same person who should expect clemency from their god. the ocean does not forgive those that ignore her warnings. harsh seas and savage storms are the method of her tough love. ordeals she employs to teach them their place.

just because freya was blessed does not mean she is immune. to spare the rod is to spoil the child. a grievance elisabeth knows all too well, and how they intend to rectify this slight. after all, freya was indentured by the primary offender.

a goal they have still not met.

the water shimmers, for only a moment, before it explodes in a burst of a MOONLIGHT BEAM. silver light blinds all who dare stare at her glory, only to reveal she was never really there at all. only displaced water remains, falling back into the ocean as if no more than a refraction of the water’s edge.

but evidence proves the contrary. TAPU FINI might not be there, but the MISTY TERRAIN elisabeth conjures is very much real. if it cannot imprint onto freya, the person she is meant to be, then she will rot into what she wants to be.

elisabeth can also expel a fog that causes affected targets to enter a BERSERK TRANCE. this can be used to tunnel their aggression onto a particular target.

the queen of dragons wants to surround herself with serpents? then become ouroboros itself. devour each other with the blood and brine you always championed yourself to become.

kill what you love most: each other.

this is punishment from the one who is VINDICTIVE beyond all other.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,442 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 22:03:19 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

The sting of Tapu Fini's maternal chastisement burned its Avatar with unwanted memory, a webbed hand preventing Elisabeth from daring to depart the Guardian's company. The two women stood transfixed as old voices echoed loudly in Freya's mind, pulled from the dredges of the past and the resentments of the present.[break][break]

The fragility that had seemed so inherent to Freya mere seconds ago washed away with this bastardized baptism, pink mist seeking once more to establish its mantle on a new chosen. Tapu Fini's hands reached towards the very vessel that Elisabeth had loudly dismissed as beneath her, only for the deity's blue eyes to shine with welcome invitation.[break][break]

Of course. Of course a god's greed wouldn't be sated so easily, and yet the pang of not being enough for Tapu Fini spurred a petty jealousy that caused the red tide rippling around her to tremble with barely contained rage.[break][break]

'You would mock me, by choosing her?' flashed the petulant glare in her eyes, though she didn't dare speak such blasphemy aloud.[break][break]

For in that brief hesitation, a thing she didn't understand happened -- a thing that being powerless and unloved, once, had fully erased as a possibility from her mind:[break][break]

Freya rejected Tapu Fini.
[break]

The deity's fury at this rejection howled through a rise of dark waves that thrashed with her departure, lashing out with punishing spite. Circling overhead, serpentine creatures seethed with their own berserk cries, lost to the bloodlust of a goddess scorned.[break][break]

Left dumbfounded, arms limply falling by her sides, Elisabeth did nothing but stare at . For all the similarities she'd believed they'd shared, Elisabeth found she couldn't recognize this version of Freya at all.[break][break]

"...All things cycle, but not all cycles speak to the natural balance. Some cycles must be broken."
[break]

Strange, that this unheeded wisdom from a dead god drifted back to her, now, of all times.[break][break]

The last of the Morningstars raised herself up, shimmering and defiant as she proclaimed a truth that shook with her whole being: "He does not control me any longer, and neither do you."[break][break]

Like a vise-grip around her heart, the same crazed fury that tormented the Dragonairs above suddenly choked Elisabeth from within as Freya named the curse that Elisabeth had so willingly taken upon herself.[break][break]

Control. Was that what Elisabeth had relinquished, when she made her deal with the devil?[break][break]

Do I even know how to live a life that is my own?

Or have I caged myself again, because that's all I know?
[break]

A tremor shivered through her, fingers restless as a wordless scream threatened to suffocate her in its thick panic. Shaky hands snarled themselves in her thick black curls, and the kelp that surrounded her began to dance in a frenzy, threatening to unsteady Elisabeth in her own silent hysteria.[break][break]

Is being powerless all I understand?
[break]

It was all suddenly too much, too much, and without a word Elisabeth plunged herself into the fog, fleeing Freya into the gloom. A flash of her Butterfree's TELEPORT separated herself from this hateful white-haired creature and her self-righteous pride, taking Elisabeth far, far away from the choppy surf to familiar Kalosian architecture.[break][break]

Ragged breathing rattled her lungs, and she glanced around herself, realization eventually dawning. Mauville, her mind pieced together much, much too slowly. You must have asked to go to Mauville.[break][break]

Where he was.[break][break]

A shameful desire for comfort and understanding gripped her with unrelenting need, and she stumbled towards the only source of it she had left, aching with a self-imposed misery she couldn't explain.[break][break]

Not to or anyone else.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,690 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 0:46:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

JUST CONFUSED, AND HURT

there is a mark on her neck. two silver studs, ringed with rough red scar tissue. here, in this moment before the tipping point, freya raises a hand to grace these scars. warm and alive; a warped, twisted visage of herself gazes upon her in the fog. black horns curl atop her head and she knows she is imagining this so that she might finally thank the self that saved her - the self that showed her she was worth saving. 

those indigo eyes give way to carmine. the world catches up to her and tapu fini invokes its wrath. the tide seethes and the ocean roils; freya is still staring at that helpless, frightened woman. but their gazes sever as lerye tosses her head. poison barbs fluctuate and freya is forced to slip from her back and into the thrashing sea.

white froth tumbles over her head, greedily dragging her under. she bobs, clawing for a foothold on the floating red tide, but whatever had bound the plants together has lost its grip. when she comes up, gasping and sputtering, it's only for a second as the knotted weeds come away like loose strands.

salt in her eyes, elisabeth's shape darting into the fog, and freya's choked cry cuts off as another wave rolls over her. pain flares on her leg and she thrashes in the water, kicking at whatever has its hold on her. dragged deeper and deeper, out of the algae, she glimpses her assailant. 

bubbles burst from her mouth. sypha's needle-like teeth have sunk into her ankle. aeris, some short distance away, turns her head toward them. freya reaches out a hand as her companion nears, searching for purchase on familiar scales. her lungs scream for air. the ocean deep presses closer. shapes loom in the darkness, answering the call for aid from their own kind.

fangs sink into her waiting palm.

so tapu fini means to end her. her refusal reveals its true nature. a wrathful god scorned will not go quietly into the night. it will become a harbinger of doom, a catalyst for destruction. vindictive spite has swallowed elisabeth whole, but this corruption will not fell freya. not after she's had to claw tooth and nail from the pit of her own making. 

the boat never makes it to the spire. the sudden storm, she'll learn later, made it turn back. it's why she's alone, at the tower's shore, one hand on her salamence's cheek. her eyes are red from the salt, the rest of her sore and itchy from the poisonous flora. her wounds still bleed, but she does not care.

lyune's forked tongue darts anxiously from behind his teeth. his weathered mind has battled fury and reckless rage and yet she'd known, upon clutching her choker, that tapu fini's thrall would not ravage him like the others.

but there is a mournful thrumming in his chest; the waters have turned red with the blood of her dragons. his grief is her own and she sheds the tears he cannot.

hurt? indubitably. confused? no - elisabeth's admission had been a warning. fernando's day of reckoning will come. 

and freya knows what must be done.

while sypha and aeris are saved because freya keeps their pokeballs on her, some of the dragons called to aid her have died.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TREACHEROUS WAVES
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 6:52:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: