Celestic Town
Hetero
Bakery errand girl
cadet
not ready to mingle
Single
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora2
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 20:36:57 GMT
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA Avatar
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.
TAG -

NOTES - DW
The board had said someone was looking for a partner to join them on an adventure, a little vague for a some but rather inviting for Zakuro. Wrapped up slightly warmly as the location said they would be traveling to colder location, Zakuro couldn’t help but wonder what sort of bear shaped friends she could make in the snow. Some would have called her a fool for having taken up such an offer from a mere wanted ad but well what was the fun in worrying all the time? This was just another chance to make a new friend, have a wonderful adventure and hopefully add to to her doom squad with the addition of a nice icy friend who could make the warm summer nights a little cooler. Well that’s just what she imagined anyways, wither they would be able to actually capture anything remotely similar was up for debate. It was crushing sometimes when real life differed from the hundreds of things her mind had come up with, thought not every experience was horrible but they did certainly out way her current tally of good and bad.

Shuffling around the back on her back, making sure the belt lined with her Pokemon was settled nice and tight and in reach of her hands for quick extraction. More likely then not she would find herself distracted and not have enough time to catch something if not prepared like she was now. She only knew this from experience and found it was better to be overly prepared then to end up missing out as she had a few time before. Glancing down to the watch on her wrist Zakuro couldn’t help but feel as thought she had gotten to the written location far to early. She had been far to excited and had barely slept instead working on packing and repacking in order to make sure her new captured friend{s} would be happy to travel along back with her once they were let back out of her ball. It didn’t help that her already large and cuddly Pokemon were just as eager to have another friend join the pack.
MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Karla]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,953 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 8:23:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh was waiting on the results of Nala's pregnancy test, he had to make sure to get the Pyroar as much love and care as he could before she couldn't go on adventures due to it being too late-stage to do so. The Gym Leader looked forward to a fifth member of his pride joining. Those were thoughts for another day. Today, he needed to get an ice Pokémon. He also needed to find another scientist to replace for the final injection and the synthesis process itself. The noble scientist had seen enough after being unable to restart Valoo's heart. Several of Josh's younger Gym visitors were devastated when he had to explain to them that the Drampa had died.

Seated on his Shiny Pyroar, Aslan, three others flanked the young Gym Leader: Nala, Kovu, and Simba. Dressed in his blue Ranger uniform as he tilted his head toward the pinkette, he introduced himself. "Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh." He then introduced his four Pyroar, who all purred upon their names being mentioned. It may have been loud and intimidating for one not used to the species. "If you don't have a fire Pokémon with you, feel free to saddle up. You'll be a lot warmer this way."

{WC: 220}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Simba         Pyroar         Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Kovu          Pyroar         Good
Nala          Pyroar         Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
close tab

played by

Vampire Rora

Doom
she/her/hers
seventeen
September 24
Celestic Town
Hetero
Bakery errand girl
cadet
not ready to mingle
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora2
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 23:22:50 GMT
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA Avatar
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.
A paw tapped her shoulder and brought Zakuro’s attention forward, the sight of ... was that someone riding a pokemon? Curiosity struck her rather hard as she watched the pack file up to her and her doom squad, her pack rather excited to meet new friends. The man nodded his head towards her inclining Zakuro to do the same, listening to their introductions with some gusto. “It’s a pleasure to meet you I’m Zakuro, you can call me Zak for short! And this is my doom squad” her arm extended out to the lineup of three bear pokemon and one riolu. Though her pokemon were not the type used for fast getaways and the likes Zakuro was still ever so fond of them in her own little way. The suggestion to ride one of the pokemon however had stuck her as rather funny, only because she had never used the doom squad to carry her, which as she thought back about it would have help in many a case on her long journey to hoenn.

“Warmer huh? Because their fluffy? Or because of the fire attribute or both… how useful” she mused, taking a look at the three other pokemon “which one of you wants to host me” she questioned looking at the pack.
MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Karla]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,953 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 6:56:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Great to meet you and your Doom Squad, Zakuro," Josh replied, reaching toward her for a handshake with his Z-GLOVE. "When they grow up, they'll be fearsome Pokémon. I have an Ursaluna myself. His name is Moosh, and he's no joke. Of course, I couldn't bring him out here; he doesn't take to the cold well." A gust of wind bit at Nala, causing her to shiver before turning up the heat from her mane. At her remark about the lions being warmer, Josh smiled and answered, "It's a little of both. Mostly that they're fire-types, though. Don't be shy - hop on!"

As to further convince Zakuro to stay warm, Simba walked up to her and let out a loud but innocuous purr, followed by a cute nuzzle if she allowed it. Regardless, he would take a seat on the ice, giving her the opportunity to easily swing aboard. Despite contact with a warm to hot underside, there was no sign of melt. The terrain beneath their paws truly was NEVER MELT ICE. Even if she didn't care for Simba, the other two lions would be more than willing to let Zakuro occupy their saddles. "If I may ask, what brings you out here? Most of the time when I see people out here, they're here to visit their Pokémon that died in Operation Meteno."

{WC: 227}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 20:56:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD AVALUGG APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAPID SPIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHARPEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CUFANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEAVY METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUPERPOWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOMP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Vampire Rora

Doom
she/her/hers
seventeen
September 24
Celestic Town
Hetero
Bakery errand girl
cadet
not ready to mingle
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora2
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 23:48:32 GMT
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA Avatar
Zakuro reached out to take hold of his hand and she couldn’t help but smirk a little when he also included her doom squad in his greeting, she had been so used to the surprised looks and giggles before everyone just ignored the name she had given to her little tag team of dooms. “these guys here just love the adventure! Thought I suppose they might get a little more picky once they get bigger but for now they are the best travel buddies.” having never really been up close and personal with a fire type Pokemon before, Zakuro would have to take his word for it as she watched his trusty “steed” grow her mane out with a puff of flames. When one of his Pokemon tatted over giving her a little purr as if to catch her attention before nuzzling into her, he was a fluffy cuddle monster and so she couldn’t help but give into him. With a few pats on the head and some great chin scratches Zakuro had decided that if he was going to let her ride then she wasn’t going to decline “don’t mind me” she spoke a little unsure until she had found herself mounted up upon its back.

The teddies gave her a curious look before she gave them a wink “don’t mind me boys you just have to keep up” she said with gusto, thought she was fairly certain the little rascal would enjoy the run along. After climbing up she turned to look at him “oh well apparently someone wanted to go on an adventure here so we thought we would join them!” it was a pretty simple reason, she liked the thrill and her dooms like the outside. Before the two of them could get into the reason any deeper it seemed that two wild Pokemon had decided to join them “ooo I want the big ice block” Zakuro blurted out having not familiarized herself with a lot of the Pokemon she would now be seeing, she gave simba a little ruffle as to signal herself ready to head out while giving her doom bears the signal to get into position. Pointing she quickly started shouting “Bear use bind, Teddy use snore , Panda stand by , Ninja use helping hand !” Panda of doom looked a little sad but her Riolu emerged from having snuggled itself up to another of Josh’s Pokemon. Quickly pulling out her ball Zakuro was ready when the group made its move, quick to throw it at the first sign of an opening.
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,953 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 4:48:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Long as you raise them right, they'll be just as loyal, if not more so, than they are now!" Josh smiled back, observing Zakuro's balance as she sat astride Nala. The lion's fur may have felt refreshingly warm in the chilly environment. Though she wanted to run, Nala respected the pace of Zakuro's other Pokémon. It may have been apparent to her that the lioness was holding a lot of speed back.

Though the special saddles the Pyroar wore helped, their gaits were quite bouncy when they went faster than a walk. After all, they were predators, not typical beasts of burden; their bodies were designed to chase down even the swiftest of prey. Without the saddles designed to mitigate their flexing backs, though, staying on one would be difficult for even experienced riders. It was a testament that Josh really knew what he was doing.

The sharp claws of the Pyroar made them incredibly sure-footed on the ice, as well. He silently observed Zakuro's tag-team battle style. It was effective in the wilds, but would not be so in regulation environments where only one or two Pokémon were permitted to battle at a time. A startled Kovu let out a loud purr when Panda embraced his leg, though he made no effort to dislodge him. The little ones had to stay warm, too!

ooc: skips

{WC: 226}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 23:23:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BASTIODON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENDURE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VANILLUXE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FREEZE DRY

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE AVALUGG!

close tab

played by

Vampire Rora

Doom
she/her/hers
seventeen
September 24
Celestic Town
Hetero
Bakery errand girl
cadet
not ready to mingle
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @rora2
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 3:51:36 GMT
ZAKURO MORINOZUKA Avatar
It seemed her efforts to catch the Pokemon had worked, thankfully it hadn’t taken them long to strike and win. Thought the dynamic was going to be off yet again it was nice to include a new type of Pokemon once in a while. Thought coming up with more names for the squad was going to start getting tricky, thought she didn’t have the time for such thoughts as another set of Pokemon had sprung up to surprise them. Reaching back to switch out her now used ball for another, giving both Pokemon a look over. They both seemed rather interesting thought her excitement had been more towards the double coned poke of cream, sure she knew it wasn’t its exact name but well having a bit of fun with their descriptions fit better then being boring and logical about them. “same formation my little team” she yelled towards the three of them, the lot having already started to move into formation upon the other Pokemon's arrival “I call dibs” she yelled giving a quick glance towards Josh before letting loose “lets go!” she roared watching as her team went to work.
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,953 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 21:33:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Great catch," Josh complimented as the Pyroar continued to run and slide along the thick sheets of ice, their red fur radiating heat behind their heads and right where the riders sat. It made the frigid Icelands feel like a cool, fall day. "Avalugg aren't fast, but they're reliable for crossing any body of water that has a consistent current. They're not my style, but you'll be glad you have one, especially if you ever travel Hoenn's northern seas. They're surprisingly cold." He spoke from experience, having made several trips to Shoal Cave himself.

Neither the Bastiodon nor the Vanilluxe caught Josh's interest, the wide Pokémon retreating after seeing the violent battle Zakuro's team engaged the ice-type in. "Having a good time?" Josh asked after the pinkette's Poké Ball flew toward the floating blue wild. "If you want, we can go a bit faster! These Pyroar can put on some real speed."

ooc: skips

{WC: 153}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some sort of ride? [dw]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 7:41:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BISHARP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LASER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RETALIATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GUILLOTINE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELD DUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWDER SNOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE VANILLUXE!