kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 1:56:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's time for the traditional gym inspection!"

kyle had been the one in charge of it when he was first assigned as an elite four, taking over fernando's job by then. he had been relieved from it after other responsibilities piled up, but today was the day he dusts off his mantle of being the league's premier assessor.

just this once, he tells himself, since this is navy.

he barges in the facility outside of peak hours, just before closing time. people have gone by then and the waiting room was empty, if it was ever full. with the facility designed with pokemon in mind, he rides in his stead to the interior of the gym.

"navy." his voice calms down, but it was still loud enough to be audible across the room. "i know you've been waiting for this."

entei, who was being ridden by its avatar, stares nonchalantly at the gym leader.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:07:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He’s had his mind on a burger all day. There’s a new place that’s opened a few blocks down the road, away from a beach. It’s a chain based on the most famous Unovan brand. Navy’s been craving that burger while working himself raw. He’s seen a fair few challengers. There’s just five minutes left on the clock. Five more minutes and he’ll be home free to go and get himself one of those juicy burgs.[break][break]
Five minutes and---[break][break]
Kyle Lopez himself bursts through the door, riding a legend. Navy’s jaw goes slack. He’d have sooner inspected a Rocket Beast or three to attack, or for Cillian Quinn to destroy his gym in retaliation for the little trick he pulled during Elinor’s rescue. The Top Champion riding in on top of Entei, a Pokemon that most people could only ever dream of seeing, was pretty low on the list of his priorities.[break][break]
…Order me that burger on OUeats.” Navy orders his secretary. “Looks like I’ve got one more challenger today.”[break][break]
Luckily for both of them, the cleaning crew had finished resetting the gym just a few minutes ago. Waving Kyle on through, they head to the pitch. It’s…boring. Just a pitch.[break][break]
You know, you doing this really takes the fun out it, considering you’ve taken the lesson of this gym to heart.” Navy chides him with a smile.[break][break]
Fine…lemme see what I can drum up. I know someone who’d love goin’ a round or two with Entei.” Voyager, oh blessed and loving Arcanine, barks happily. Perhaps he misunderstands the meaning of battle, because he runs up to Entei and nuzzles him like they’re old chums.[break][break]
I usually start off with a question. Hmm…” Navy pinches his chin, thinking. “Alright. Here’s an interesting one. What made a slacker like you say yes when they offered to make you one of the Elite 4?” There’s no derision there. Indeed, Navy is still smiling.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 2:55:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
entei was already used to a puppy's playfulness. the arcanine snuggles weren't reciprocated, but they weren't rebuffed either. he huffs a warm breath over the arcanine's face in response as it tries to look proud, opposite of what the trainer on top of him represents.

"money, no uniforms, insurance, flexible schedule, my own office, the promise of an early retirement... you know, practical stuff."

it's almost like he was bragging, but he stops himself just before he can mention more. his life was pretty luxurious compared to what he was working with before.

"you know my job description before i became a member of the elite four. same risks, but a whole lot more of benefits."

the only ones who wouldn't take it when it's offered are those self-righteous ones that think their moralities are above the league's, or those that don't have the confidence to take the step up.

kyle had been the latter, but it was the amount of time freed up on his weekdays that swayed him.

"are you practicing to be an elite four?" kyle points out, chuckling. "you know, like when they do the assessment interview before the battle portion?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 3:18:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Man, fuck being an elite four.” Navy laughs, only then realizing that the battles are recorded. Not only are they recorded, but they’re recorded specifically for the viewing pleasure of the Elite 4 and the council. Coughing into his hands, he corrects himself.[break][break]
Erm—I’d rather hold off on that for now. There are far better trainers than me who could fill the spot, you know?” False modesty looks better for the camera, he supposes.[break][break]
I was a pretty crappy detective, you know. Well…in everything except one area of expertise.” He holds up a single finger to accentuate his point. “I may not know how to make sweeping leaps of logic…but I know people. So, while I have ‘em here, I like to get to know ‘em a little bit better. You see, buddy, the point of this gym is this:”[break][break]
A gloved hand presses a button. The pitch shakes. It lowers, sinking them into a massive steel elevator shaft. It drifts down at a comfortable pace until steel gives way to open space. Beneath them is a massive battlefield, large enough for a legendary or a Dynamax pokemon to cut loose.[break][break]
war’s hell. And there’s plenty of people who won’t tell the kids who sign to volunteer what they’re getting themselves into. That’s my job, just like I told you back at your place.”[break][break]
Jumping the rail, he lands on Voyager’s back. They’re much closer now. This is exciting. Navy can count the times they’ve fought since Kyle walked into his life on one hand with fingers to spare.[break][break]
Way I see it, you may call yourself a slacker, but you’re always in the thick of it. You don’t like to try, but you’re damn good at trying when you wanna. So, Mr. Champ, ahead of the match I plan to have with you in December…”[break][break]
Navy urges Voyager. Turning, he jumps off of the pitch, soaring through the air and landing in a bout of extremespeed, a red blur around the arena.[break][break]
…let’s have some fun here! Careful, there’s traps and secondary helpers all over the field!

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 17:05:10 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the shift in disposition threw kyle off, but he recognizes the clean up on his act. he does it a lot, too, after all.

"just send them recordings without the audio," kyle tells navy. "i'm not sure if that's protocol, but they never question me when i do it."

it makes the battles personable and more enjoyable, like a casual spar at a park. that was what comprised the majority of kyle's match history, beating up kids by verdanturf's public spaces at their request, and it's what keeps him interested in his own craft.

a match with navy, regardless if it's official or not, felt just the same.

the reality of the gym reveals itself at their descent. entei has its eyes on the arcanine while kyle has his on the gym leader. he receives not a challenge, but a promise, and kyle pulls out his phone to add it to his calendar.

"i'm keeping my december plans light then, mister mikey navy." with eyes on the screen, he leaves entei to face the match. "would you like to book the classic kyle experience, or do you want the special?"

kyle does not need to give instructions to entei, being able to feel their way through their relationship with their mutual connection to ho-oh. despite the legendary's stoic demeanor, kyle finds him too compatible that it almost feels like an extension of himself.

entei shakes the earth with bulldoze in an attempt to trip the speeding arcanine with unstable ground, subsequently loosening up the field for any traps navy might have mentioned. it stands its ground, wary of its surroundings.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 3:55:49 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Kyle pulls out his phone. A thief in the night makes his entrance. The phone seems to disappear from the reigning champion’s hands. Perched on top of a nearby rock is Hattori, looking equal parts relaxed and curious. His fingers rapid-fire press across the keys.[break][break]
[break]
U up?
[break][break]
[break]
U up? Asking 4 a friend.
[break]
[break]
U up?
[break][break]
Inevitably, Hattori grows bored of this. Instead, with a salute, he shoots off, making himself scarce in the field. There’s ample cover, space for legendary canines to navigate. It’s more of a playground than a battlefield for men on their level.[break][break]
Stealth rocks are sent flying by Entei’s roar. The force of the legendary guardian’s bellow dislodges them from their hiding places, sending the sharp stones flying in a gust of titanic wind.[break][break]
Oh, I want the special. Listen here, buddy. When we fight in front of the crowd, I want your best. Anything less and it’s an insult. To me, to you, to Gabe. Voyager, show ‘em how serious we are.”[break][break]
Voyager stands somber. He has known Kyle since he was a little Growlithe, a shared Pokemon owned by the Navidson brothers. Standing here, grown up, seeing how these two humans have changed, he only knows one thing: there are things human words can’t say.[break][break]
Even if it’s folly for a mere false legend like himself to attack a guardian head on, he does so anyway – with its own element, no less. Flames gather around him as he builds up speed. Bravery turns to full-on recklessness as he cascades towards Kyle and Entei, his flare blitz scorching the edge of Navy’s clothes.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:41:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he blinks at the disappearance of his phone. eyes follow the greninja.

"oi. you don't want to see the contents of that phone. trust me."

a furfrou is released with a light tap on a pokeball on his waist. he issues a command at the lowest volume and then urges the pokemon to chase after the greninja.

sucker punch. the furfrou disturbs the greninja with the move on its attempt to take the phone back.

in a similar vein, entei's move was disturbed by the stealth rocks. better than toxic spikes or sticky web, he supposed.

"looks like i better train my pokemon in a different way again just for that." he scratches the back of his head as he thinks of all the effort he has to do. "what kind of smeargle do you want on your match?"

the entei remains still, holding his ground as the arcanine blindly charges at him. it stomps on the ground, and reflective of kyle's passive nature, erupts a stone edge defensively.

a wall of rock emerges from the ground, blocking the arcanine's path with it. it times it with the fire-type's acceleration, propping it up before the arcanine can decelerate at a decent speed.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 10:43:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Hattori sees just enough to know how right the champion is. Putting the phone away, he’s taken aback by the sucker punch. The phone is knocked free, sent sprawling out across the field. Beneath Seth’s paws are toxic spikes, meant to poison. Hattori chuckles despite the pain. He’s grown pretty good at taking a beating ever since he met up with Navy. He scurries off, now in a race to regain the phone before his foe can get to it first.[break][break]
Hoping to hamper the dog’s path, Hattori spews an ice beam from his throat. Whenever he has a spare moment in the battle, his red eyes fall on Kyle. They’re full of judgement. He may have been the one writing ‘u up’ texts, but the stuff on that phone…[break][break]
It’s not fit for children.[break][break]
No more than Voyager’s meant to slow down. Stone edge just about kills his momentum dead. Navy’s reaction time is just a hair quicker than his Pokemon’s. Digging his boots into the Arcanine’s side, Navy urges him to pivot. Stopping in a dime is impossible, but turning? Voyager can turn like nobody’s business.[break][break]
Got one with Rayquaza’s dragon ascent? You two won’t look as good as Eva or the real deal, but that’s somethin’ I’d love to see.’ He teases. Looking down at his own Pokemon, he decides to attack from a distance.[break][break]
Don’t act so friendly, goofball. Show ‘em what you’ve got.” A happy bark turns to a snarl, loud enough to reach Seth’s ears too.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 16:45:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"wait, he's part of the fight too?"

there's a late realization on the development of things when the pokemon he tasked with retrieving a stolen object gets caught up in the gym's gimmick. he supposed it checks out, given the greninja's presence.

"oi!" he casually calls his furfrou, who was in the middle of being uneasy from both the poison and the snarl. "do us a favor and trip all the traps. substitute."

entei immediately explodes his pillars of stone coming out of the ground with extrasensory. dust clouds result from it, clouding the visuals, though it wasn't the only purpose.

rock shards and stone debris were thrown at the arcanine's direction, using the resultant byproduct as projectiles.

at the same time, a pitter-patter of paws start traversing the trap-laden battlefield, purposely walking over every landmine that the gym leader has prepared for his challengers.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 7:25:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

See, this is exactly what I mean, Lopez. Guy with battle senses like yours…it’s like a high school physics teacher giving Silph a lecture on how pokeballs work.” It’s a test for himself, in a way. He’s staying cool under pressure. It’s role reversal. Voyager’s extreme speed is the only thing keeping them safe. His neck’s mighty sore from all the turns. It’s impossible to get close to Kyle like this, one on one.[break][break]
They don’t call Entei a legend for nothing.[break][break]
Every sort of trap imaginable starts going off. Electric terrain pops up. Toxic spikes explode. Misty terrain triggers. There’s even a bladed swing trap and some spikes somewhere in there – although not sharpened like they could be. Just more tools to teach more lessons.[break][break]
A sharp whistle cuts through the chatter.[break][break]
HATTORI! Do your thing!”[break][break]
Hattori disappears. If the other dog is content to simply trigger traps, then the shinobi will take advantage of the chaos.[break][break]
There is no Pokemon on Navy’s team who knows this battlefield better. He is not Shuwen, king of fighters. He is not Vortigern, a creature that could devour legends. He isn’t any of the legends he’s heard his Lord obsess over.[break][break]
He’s simply a creature with a duty. He wants to be lounging on the beach.[break][break]
In that way, he and this challenger are kin.[break][break]
Taking a guess on where they’ll be in the fog, mist, and dust, Hattori skids towards the champion and his legend. Shuriken form in his hand and begin to twirl. One by one, he launches the water shuriken off, meaning to catch the legend. This is the real fight. Voyager is a good-hearted idiot, too dumb for this.[break][break]
It falls to him to conduct this battle against a legendary dog four times his size.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Hattori is the realest G on this forum

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 16:26:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle subconsciously steps back as he receives foresight on how the next few seconds are going to play out.

"there it is."

tailwind coming from each water shuriken eventually provided enough air enough pressure to clear dust clouds. the image of an entei being struck by one and its fur drenched comes to view, although it's quickly dried up with sacred fire as entei combusts abruptly.

"mimic."

the furfrou stops running around and barks. there's no visual representation of the move working, but the pokemon has now been provided of a means to deal with the other unit on the board.

"what can i say? i was trained to do better in practical scenarios than sanctioned battles." it's the mindset that he developed during the career he had before being part of the prestigious ranks of the league. "don't get your expectations up, though. the assessment fight isn't really in my element."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 9:52:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Maybe so.” Navy acquiesces Kyle’s point. It’s fun seeing Hoenn’s champion truly be in his element. It kindles his own warrior’s spirit. His soft smile is slowly morphing into a face splitting grin. His heart’s pumping. This is the Kyle he wants to beat.[break][break]
But you’re gonna try. You’re not gonna pull any of that Vaporeon shit you did with Melody.” Voyager starts building up speed again. Thanks to the wonders of wonderful acoustics and speaker systems set up all over the field, they can have this conversation. is a miracle worker. Arceus bless that woman.[break][break]
We’re gonna give ‘em a show!” More fire. Voyager’s a comet streaking across the battlefield, oblivious to what Seth has in store or him. “We’ve gotta. We’ve gotta show Rocket that, no matter which one of us wins, they’ve got a threat on their hands. Them and everything else comin’ for the region.”[break][break]
And what of Hattori? He’s the one standing before Entei. He’s darting about from cover to cover, feeling the residual heat of sacred fire. Even a water type like him feels the burn. Yet still, his water shuriken fly.[break][break]
There’s a part of him that hates fighting this man. His Lord’s best friend isn’t a fitting target…[break][break]
Humans are so weird with how they express their love for one another.

[break][break]

+ [break]
frog v legendary dog[break]
demi-legend vs. poodle[break]
we have devolved into unironic dogfights[break]
PETA is gonna shut the forum down

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 2:42:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"but i'm working so hard to not be their perceived threat," he whines.

while more unstable avatars, such as matias with his temperament, or livy with chi-yu, were deemed to be on top of the supposed list of targets, kyle still has two things going against him. being both avatar and the champion has its cons, this being one of them.

"cotton guard," he orders his furfrou as soon as navy mentions it. "die for me."

the pokemon starts to fluff up as a defensive measure as the entei gets pelted by water shuriken. its legs start moving around the field, trying to match the greninja's pace to absorb the hits.

the ground beneath them shakes to aid the endeavor. entei's bulldoze shakes the ground a second time, its intensity getting higher as shock waves expand further from the source.

"they already know we're threats based on qualifications alone. just say you want both of us to show off."

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 12:26:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Of course I wanna show off, idiot!” Navy shouts as the ground rumbles around them. Voyager stumbles. A creature that is merely called a legend cannot stand up to something truly worthy of the title. Navy is knocked off, leaving him standing on the battlefield amidst the falling rocks.[break][break]
What kinda guy wouldn’t wanna have an all-out brawl with his best friend on national television? A pulse-pounding match for the ages, with everyone watching…that’s what I want!”[break][break]
Hattori releases an exasperated breath. He knows what’s coming next. The next thing on the docket was him. Turning his attention from Entei to the Furfrou, he gets an idea. His Lord can use tactics, when they suit him, but he supposes right now is not any such time. Now’s a time for masculine bravado.[break][break]
So, he switches targets once again. His water shuriken are aimed at the Furfrou this time. Their aim is not even to hurt. Surely they will, as the water shuriken of the Greninja are deadly. What he’s really after…[break][break]
…is revealed with the sound of thunder.[break][break]
TEOOOOOOOOON!” Raijin, Navy’s freshly trained Jolteon, bursts onto the battlefield from a far corner. This was to be the one of the tricks in the latest match. One of a few surprise latecomers. Raising his battle cry, he unleashes a thunder bolt on the Furfrou, whose fur might well be soaked through with water. There’s nothing quite like wet dog.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Greninja decides to douse Furfrou via water shuriken[break]
Arcanine stumbles down 'cause a bulldoze from a legendary is stronk[break]
Jolteon makes a dashing entrance by thunder bolting a Furfrou who is hopefully soaked[break]
Man this is about to be a live leak video.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
without boundaries [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 2:09:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
cotton guard compounds with the fur coat, acting as a sponge that soaked up all the residue from the sprung up traps. trying to block the greninja's attacks had been kyle's way of instructing the furfrou to go around the field the second time.

the substitute should've faded from earlier, but it never did. it manages to split off from the furfrou as the combination attack takes it down together with the poison, bringing along with it the furfrou's bundle of garbage.

"if you want pulse-pounding..."

the furfrou had its substitute run towards the arcanine, although the consciousness of its original body had faded before the original can calibrate the copy's direction. instead, it heads towards the knocked off navy.

"i couldn't use that mimicked move. that was a shame," he casually narrates while the death ball of spikes, jagged rocks, toxins and static electricity heads towards the gym leader. "this isn't really a flashy, fancy, contest-winning move either. sorry."

three speedsters. kyle can't imagine sniping them one by one while giving the others a chance to open fire. a bait named michael navidson works nicely to group them up.

he relies on panic and lack of time to think for the three pokemon for the gambit. as far as he knows, none of them had moves to blow away any debris back to his direction.

kyle points his finger at the substitute and imitates the recoil of a gun with his hand. "bang."

stone edge from the entei juts from the ground once navy's pokemon act on the threat, enclosing the general area with pointed stones forming a dome and trapping relevant parties within.