[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
EXTRACTION: Josh and Lars #1
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 18:34:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","shcontent"]
[attr="class","larsbox"]EXTRACTION
If there was one thing he’d never revealed to anyone else until this moment—it was the fact that the Ultra Deep Sea had scarred him in more ways than one—

And they were back here.

They were fucking back here, due to some leads received that could prove…

“Of all the places, why did it have to be fucking here,” he voiced his displeasure—the entire place made his paranoia flare up and just go off the mental rails at this point.

“We should… be very careful in here. Especially when one of those tentacle monsters shows up,” he added with a shudder as he picked out a place to start digging…

take the brunt equally — 50 RKS points.

[googlefont=Oswald:400]
[newclass=.larsbox]background:#a03939;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 3:20:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After his first visit to the Ultra Sea, Josh wasn't taking any more changes. Wearing his Sygna Suit and holding the reins of his Manectric, he had the protective wear fully engaged. Clad in electric yellows and blues, he could ride at the speed of a Beast without consequence. "Raikiri and the pride, let's hop to it!" Josh commanded. Upon his orders, the four Pyroar and Zeraora began to cut through the soft rock with their claws sharp as blades, crushing underpaw what they could not cut.

"Why do you think I've brought the big guns here, Lars?" Josh asked, not one mote of humor in his facial expression. "I don't care for here, either, not after what happened in the Battle of Dewford, or the last time I was here. This thing tried to make me afraid of Raikou again. I've told you and many others. I'm not going to let Raikou control me any more. If it happens, it happens. To be clear, I still want him to pick me as his Avatar. If not, I've already proven to the League I don't need Raikou to do great things. It will show in the Champion Assessment." Guiding his Manectric steed next to Lars, Josh raised a STATUS SHIELD to reduce the effects of the radiation on the two.

Share the brunt of the attack.

RKS POINT this thread: 50

{WC: 220}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good 
Simba           Pyroar            Good 
Kovu            Pyroar            Good
Nala            Pyroar            Good
Saber           Manectric         Good
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 3:21:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 21:22:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
“You better not be going down that obsessive path again,” he warned the other quietly—keeping his ears peeled as his Silvally, Amir, was also doing digging alongside the Pokémon that his companion had sent out.

“Because if I get word that you are…”

The warning would be left hanging in the air as he summoned the ol’ reliable, Ro the Metagross.

“Keep an eye out for any problems and guard us, will you?” he continued quietly to the shining silver beast, because holy fucking shit—what were the chances of a Nihilego appearing out here again?

Rather high, apparently!

focus on heals / defense — 50 RKS points.

[newclass=.larsbox]background:#a03939;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 22:34:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Ultra Beasts encroached upon Lars and Josh as the trainers' Pokémon continued to slice, dice, and hack away at the soft rock serving as the ore and minerals' prison. "Lars, I told you that day," Josh reiterated, keeping his STATUS SHIELD up, "I bottled my obsession back up into a dream, like it should be. I still want to saddle up Raikou. It's just not the only thing I want to do anymore. Look how much I've done for the League without him." As much as he didn't want to admit it, he did make a difference in Dewford. A small one, but a pivotal one nonetheless. "I'm not making that mistake again. I swear to you and the League that I will not."

Turning toward the poison-type Ultra Beasts, he called one of his Pyroar forward to defend the rest of his Pokémon from the Ultra Beast attacks. The tentacles of the Nihilego hurt, as did the barbs of the Naganadel, though the STATUS SHIELD repelled their physical and neurological venom. The only thing it didn't repel was the physical pain from the stings themselves. A shout of HYPER VOICE from Simba was enough to get the Naganadel to back down, but the Nihilego was still there, trying to wrap its tentacles around Josh. That STATUS SHIELD was going to run out at any moment!

Focus on defense.

RKS POINT this thread: 100

{WC: 229}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 22:34:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 19:53:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
And then the one thing he fucking dreaded came to pass—

Only instead of himself being ensnared in those gelatinous tentacles, well—

“Look out!” he half-yelled, half-shrieked as he threw two Pokéballs forward—one materializing his Salazzle, Mirana while the other spat out his Scolipede, Galehault— “—you’re about to get fucking mauled!”

The Salazzle wasted no more time, immediately exhaling a burst of Flamethrower on the Nihilego while the Scolipede literally threw himself, shelled husk forward and slammed the noxious jellyfish Pokémon with a Double-Edge attack.

Che cazzo, you were almost—”

However, the way their surroundings were flickering unnaturally brought forth some terrifying amalgamation of—

“What the fuck is that?!” he exclaimed a few moments later.

battle a fusion Pokémon — 50 RKS points.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 23:58:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Saber ducked out of the way of the crisscrossing attacks from Lars' Pokémon, Josh forced to raise his legs to avoid being forcefully stood up. "Great save, Lars! Thanks," Josh gratefully replied as the STATUS SHIELD petered out just in time for the Eternatus core to manifest a horror the likes of which neither of them had seen before.

Josh had a difficult time recognizing what the amalgamated creature before them even was. All he could tell from the blur zipping back and forth was it was electric, and it was fast. Really fast. He didn't even have time to answer Lars' question. Amidst the escalating battle, it was difficult for Josh to muster the JOLLY thoughts and emotions needed to push Saber to the blistering speeds needed to catch up to the ultrafast quadruped. Even Saber's LIGHTNING ROD couldn't fully protect the Gym Leader and his Pokémon from the wicked THUNDERBOLT the Jolteon and Luxray hybrid dropped on top of them. The rider's electricity-retardant suit had again saved his life. He owed his life multiple times over to this thing by now, making the exorbitant price he paid well worth it.

"I can corral it toward you, but it's too fast for me to attack!" Josh shouted, though he may have been hard to understand as Saber and their foe whizzed past.

Battle a fusion Pokemon.

RKS POINT this thread: 150

{WC: 225}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 23:59:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONTROLLING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The mental anguish rises to unbearable levels. As the Eternatus core whirs, the fleshy walls begin to swarm with pink eye-like shapes. Still, through these translucent barriers, you catch a glimpse of a nearby planet. One that looks suspiciously like the one you all live in—except that a large portion of it seems covered in land.[break][break]

You must escape with your gathered material. Your ally or allies may be incapacitated by the paranoia settling in their psyches, or perhaps, the eldritch mutations beginning to metamorphose their body or bodies.[break][break]

Depending on how much your characters have mined, you may need to lessen your extracted load to ensure successful escape from this wretched place. After all, the horrors that reside here may make chase.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lessen the load and escape.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Escape with your full load.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 15:09:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
Meanwhile, over on Lars’s end—the Salazzle and Scolipede had wrestled the Nihilego away and were now dealing with it; however he was now facing down…

Something…

Che palle, what in the name of the Weather trio is THAT?!” he exclaimed as a similar-looking… amalgamation of… something materialized in front of him as well.

Shit, I hope this is going to work… he thought as he concentrated as hard as possible, and the two wings of ice (if somewhat crooked) appeared behind him.

“Get them together!” he hollered as he jumped into the air; never mind if he was literally going out on a limb—if the little Josh was smart enough, what he was going to do next was reminiscent of a certain maneuver he’d pulled off in the virtual world.

Only instead of the Cold World spell, it was a literal barrage of multi-sized icicles raining down from his airborne position.

“Mirana, Galehault! Help us out here once you’re done over there!” he shouted at his two dual-types who were still locked in combat with the damned tentacle hentai monster.

Thankfully, the two he’d sent out were among his faster ‘mons, and while avoiding the icicles they were able to dispatch the… abominations in short order.

“We have to get out of here! Let’s go! he yelled as he flew downward and tried to grab the other man. “We can’t bring everything, what if those fucking things come back again?!”

lessen the load and escape — 100 RKS points.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,023 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 17:30:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The amalgamation of Luxray and Jolteon was simply too fast for even the Master of Faster to keep up with. Every time Josh spurred Saber into a QUICK ATTACK, the mutated Pokémon matched his speed and then some, ramming him from behind and sending him sliding across a squishy-feeling floor of purple flesh and eyeballs that made him scream. The attacks, physical and psychological, were too intense. The weight of Saber's saddlebags slowed him down too much.

Luckily, Lars was there to save the day yet again. While it was not the insta-killing COLD WORLD spell that he had seen many times from their virtual trek through the Temple of the Sand Goddess, the crashing icicles were enough to at least put some distance between the Sygna Suited explorer, Avatar, and their pursuers. Josh let Lars grab him, the two taking to the air. It wasn't over yet, though; the amalgamated Pokémon loosed a vicious THUNDERBOLT to try to clip Lars' wings. Josh withdrew Saber, committed to taking stock of their find later. "You're right! We need to get out of here, now!" he agreed, holding the Head Ranger tightly.

Lessen the load and escape.

RKS POINT this thread: 250

{WC: 192}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 0:08:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXTRACTION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: