183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
< winner, winner > [m/funtasia]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 19:15:13 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
The carnival that Johanna Joy managed to put together seemed to be a success. He had plenty of fun during his time in Lilycove, so seeing that it popped up in Mossdeep seemed like another chance to enjoy what the carnival offered. This time he chose to go solo, eager to try some of the games that The Magnificent Funtasia offered. As he caught sight of the MAGIKARP FISHING GAME, Sven immediately took to it. Some kids were in front of him, but he kept his patience.

Once it was time for him to cast the little fishing rod they gave him, Sven immediately went for the plastic Magikarp that had a green color on its stomach. That color signaled a large prize, so he figured if he could swipe that up, then he'd be golden to get one of the large Smoliv plushes they had. Since the pokemon sprouted up in Hoenn, people really seemed to take to it. When he reeled in the Magikarp, a grin came to his features.

"I'll take the Smoliv!"

The person in charge of the stand shook his head and tapped at a sign. He needed to catch five green-marked Magikarps to get a big prize. Sven groaned loud and sufficed for a smaller prize in the form of a plastic samurai sword. (A shame, maybe another time. He just didn't plan to spend all of his money at one game.) He twisted the neon green hilted plastic sword around in his hands as he scanned the carnival to see if he could pawn it off to anyone. But as he searched the carnival grounds, he caught sight of an all too familiar face.

"Hey, Josh!"

Sven reached an arm up and waved at the gym leader. It'd been a while since the two crossed paths. He made a mad dash towards the self-proclaimed master of faster and offered the man a firm pat on the shoulder.

"Good to see you! I see you're taking in the festivities too?"

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 19:55:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh looked far too happy. He hadn't been to a carnival in a long time, and it showed. "Oh, hey, Sven!" the Gym Leader waved, his Zeraora standing next to him. Standing. On two legs. It was different than how the mythical Pokémon usually walked, which was more like a feral cat than a humanoid. This was a week he could fully enjoy the carnival; next week, it was headed to Mauville, where he would be doing a fair bit of work for it. His presence had been requested at a "Meet Your Local Heroes" exhibit, where his Pokémon would be giving rides to carnival-goers. Fast rides, but well within safe speeds for casual riders. It would be free publicity for Mauville Racing Grounds, which was always a plus.

"Have you been over to the carousels yet?" Josh asked Sven. "They've got a couple of legendary Pokémon carousels that looks amazing!" He had already taken several pictures, including of a Raikou, Zapdos, and even a giant Chi-Yu, the saddles of all three beckoning carnival-goers to hop on their backs and take a ride around the world. "I wouldn't mind hitting up some games of skill first if you'd prefer; the lines there are a bit long this time of day," he admitted, screams from riders of the nearby Rayquaza rollercoaster reminding him of the day he flew on the real Rayquaza with .

Provided Sven agreed gaming first was a good idea, Josh would lead him to a shooting gallery. Players would have a plastic gun and foam bullets to aim at a series of moving targets. Perhaps all that practice playing light gun games at Mauville Round One would pay off! "Mind holding my snow cones while I play? You can have one if you want - I don't know if I'll have them both!"

STAMP: Offer a carnival treat to someone else.

{WC: 308}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 12:52:27 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Without any hesitation, Sven quickly accepted the snow cones from Josh's hands and gave a nod. Though he felt himself hesitate at first, accepting the treat, he figured why not. No need to spit on the hospitality the gym leader seemed very fond of showing. He brought the snow cone to his mouth and took a small bite before he offered an approving 'mmm!' The blue dye from the snow cone itself stained his lips after the aforementioned bite. But with the first bite down, he hadn't realized just how refreshing the treat was. So in mere minutes, he had the treat downed.

"Thanks, that was pretty good! I might have to stop and get another one later," he grinned.

But as Josh mentioned some games, he gave a nod. That sounded good. Here he was hoping to win at least one. As Josh readied himself at the shooter game, he watched the way the gym leader took his stance. Though while he wanted to see the man take out some targets, his attention was grabbed by some of the prizes that the stand had. Eyes sparkled the moment he saw a large Alolan Exeggutor. It just looked so cool! Maybe once Josh was done, he'd take his swing at the game.

And as something began to drip on his hand, he realized that the gym leader's snow cone. In a quick matter of thinking, he let out his Ditto, affectionately named Silly Putty, and gestured its attention towards a plush Cubchoo. Immediately the Ditto transformed and took the snow cone from Sven's hands.

"Remember, Silly Putty, don't eat it! That's not yours, just keep it cool, ok?"

The Cubchoo-transformed Ditto replied with a simple 'itooo!' as it kept the snow cone balanced between its paws and gently blew on it with a Frost Breath in an attempt to keep it cool from the summer sun.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 2:52:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks, Sven. Shouldn't be too long." The shooting gallery was one of the more difficult games to win a prize from. A Manectric plush about the same size as the Raikou on his desk caught his eye. Being in the top row, though, it would be difficult to win. Not only did he need to hit every target to win what he wanted, but he had to do it quickly, as time was a factor in prizing.

Holding the plastic firearm, Josh took aim as pairs of targets flew in from the sides, from above, and from below. He shook his head as a projectile sailed wide of one target. "So close. I'm gonna try again after you're done! I want that Manectric," he let Sven know as he took his snow cone back and gave his friend the chance to play. "Thanks for keeping it cool for me." He bit into the sweet treat, its refreshing cold keeping him comfortable in the unseasonably warm weather.

STAMP: Lose at a carnival game.

{WC: 166}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 15:48:47 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"No problem!"

Sven wiped his wet hand on the side of his pants as he took the gun from Josh and steadied his aim carefully. While he wasn't exactly stellar at aim, speed made up for it. The moment the bell rang to signal him to go ahead, Sven cocked the rifle and began to shoot away. One, two, three... The targets went down with each speedy reload. Sure, some shots missed but thankfully he didn't waste any time in a reload with each pump of the lever on the toy rifle. The plastic bb pellets bounced wildly against the setup while some ricocheted and hit the targets.

Finally the bell rang and Sven pumped his fist into the air as the attendant announced that they had a winner. He handed the gun back over to the carnie and immediately pointed out the Manectric plush that Josh had seemed so dead set on. Luck had been on Sven's side and he wholeheartedly acknowledged that bit. The creature was far too oversized for him, but the gym leader would no doubt be able to carry it in tow, so he was proud to hand the prize over to Josh.

"Enjoy!" he beamed. "I'm not the best at aiming but I can definitely keep up with it until I manage to hit the mark."

His aim had improved due to video games, but it still didn't simulate the real thing. Even the toy rifle had a little kickback to it. Maybe there was another game they could play. Then the thought beamed into his mind. A wide grin spread across his face.

"You got any luck at fishing? There's this Magikarp game and I was trying to get the Smoliv they've got over there. I figure if we can work together on it, we've got that prize in the bag."

As if with the mention, his Ditto broke its transformation and slinked over to Sven as it pulled itself up slowly but surely like a slug until it reached the brunette's shoulder where it sat proud.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 18:43:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was blown away by Sven's generosity. "You... you didn't have to do that!" he raised his hands in protest, but ultimately was accepting. The feat of dexterity Sven showed was equally impressive. "It will look so nice next to the Raikou on my desk back at the Gym. I think they're the same size, too. Saber, my Manectric, has a special place in my heart. I wouldn't give him up for anything. Not even Raikou." Nearly losing Saber in cyberspace last year taught him the hard lesson of just how inseparable those two were.

"I'm not great at fishing, but I'll give it a try,"
Josh sgreed to Sven's proposal. He couldn't, not after what Sven had done for him! "Those games are more luck than skill. since you can't see the bottom halves of what you cast the rod at. It just depends on what color you get." After cuddling his Manectric plush, the Gym Leader got on Raikiri's back, the quadrupedal Zeraora walking toward the booth the Magikarp fishing game was at.

STAMP: Magikarp Fishing game mentioned

{WC: 174}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 16:06:04 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
He figured with the plastic sword in his grasp, he could trade it in given it was a prize from that booth. Sven just needed two more wins, right? That's what the guy at the booth had said. The brunette was quick to flash a thumbs up at the gym leader. He didn't mind one bit -- a favor repaid for the snow cone. Sven handed the plastic sword back to the person at the booth and flashed a wide grin.

"I'm going for that Smoliv this time," he insisted.

With the plastic fishing rod handed off to him, he watched the water carefully in an attempt to see if any of the Magikarps rolled over to show the color on their stomachs. It was a small setup so it didn't take much. And once the wind started to move in the right direction, he casted the line of the toy fishing rod and hooked onto a Magikarp with a green mark on its stomach. Unlike actual Magikarps, the plastic replica offered no resistance. Sven quickly ripped it out of the water and held it up for the booth attendant to see.

Just one more.

He played the same method and simply waited for the third one to reveal itself. And yet again, he hooked it and ripped it from the small blow-up kiddie pool. While the attendant didn't seem pleased that Sven had used an unfair method, it's not like they didn't say that looking for the right one wasn't allowed. With the proper points accumulated, he got his large Smoliv plush that was practically the size of his torso alone. Sven tucked it under his arm and looked to Josh.

"Here, if you want a round, let me hold your stuff real quick."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:12:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Josh wasn't exactly a Smoliv fan, but he understood the appeal of the Pokémon and why it was so popular, especially in its home region of Paldea. "That's adorable," Josh cooed, only half-paying attention due to playing with his own new prize. Perhaps he would carry both the Manectric and Raikou with him when the festival moved to other cities, particularly Mauville. Even if he didn't, those two would look amazing next to each other on the third floor desk of his Gym office. "I'll have to find some way to pay you back."

When offered a round, Josh gratefully accepted Sven's offer, letting him hold the Manectric whose pose looked like it was barking. With the attendant already on edge from Sven's advantage play (though he did not cheat, he had been barred from playing the game going forward), it was far too risky for the Gym Leader to try any shenanigans. He cast his rod three times, catching a plastic Magikarp with a blank underside three times. All three were losers.

"It's not even like they label them on top," Josh complained, turning away from the game. "I prefer the actual games of skill over the ones of luck, especially when you can go head to head with other people, like the water gun games." He sighed again, reclaiming his things from Sven. "Where to next?"

{WC: 229}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 20:48:59 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
A shame the game didn't really pique Josh's interest, but he understood. Games at carnivals were meant to provide a challenge. That's when the thought came to mind and excitement bursted forward and caused his eyes to gleam. Josh wanted a challenge? Then a challenge he'd get. Sven cocked his head to the side and gestured for the gym leader to follow him. As they got to the clearing, there the game sat. Well, not necessarily a game, but a chance to prove one's endurance: the Tauros Rodeo game.

"Let's give this bad boy a try," he beamed.

His excitement was matched by the sight of a grown man no shorter than 6'3" whom had been flung into the cushioned wall with a loud 'oof!' Sven rushed into line and waited for his turn. Once it was his turn, he gave Josh a thumbs up and sat his Smoliv plush near one of the walls. He climbed onto the mechanical pokemon and readied himself. Twenty seconds was the goal, if he could make that, then he'd win no problem.

And with that, the ride began to move. The Tauros bent and bucked every which way as Sven attempted to grip onto the saddle with all of his might. His own body flew about and nearly flew off the ride at a particular harsh jerk. "Five! Four! Three! Two!--" And at the very last second, Sven went flying right off. The buzzer to show he failed sounded loudly, but he was too busy recovering from the sudden collision with the cushioned wall.

He could almost see a collection of Starlys, Pidgeys, and Natus spinning above his head as he attempted to gain his composure. With a few quick shakes of his head, he came to and stood back up.

"YO! That was FUN!"

The crowd cheered at his gusto, but he knew he had to let the next person ride, so he scooped up his Smoliv and made his way back out. Let's see how the Master of Faster could handle this belligerent bull.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 5:44:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed there were two types of Tauros Rodeo at the carnival: one with mechanical Tauros, and one with real ones. When Josh saw this was the mechanical one, he was a bit more willing to give it a try. Riding a bucking mount was ACE SHEEKE's specialty, the red-headed Gym Trainer having built much of his strength by struggling against Braver, the Leader's Kantonian Arcanine. "It looked fun and not too bad!" Josh replied after Sven had taken his turn and came up just short of his goal time. "If you had fun with that, ever wanted to try it with a real Pokémon? I've got many back at the Gym that could oblige!"

Regardless of Sven's interest, Josh was up next. His lower body strength would help him a lot in staying on the Tauros. Handing his Funtasia tokens to the attendant, the Gym Leader took a seat on the bovine, all eyes on him. At first, the bucking simply rocked Josh back and forth in the saddle, like a slightly more forceful version of being on one of his Pyroar. The timer counted up, the ride adding a second dimension after ten seconds. The Tauros began spinning around in addition to kicking him back and forth, causing him to slip a little. With a quick recovery, he put both his hands on the saddle's edge and braced for impact.

Twenty seconds had passed, the Tauros stopping its spin and starting bucking motions a real Pokémon would use, throwing its weight back and forth. Josh's knuckles turned white, his thighs starting to burn as his lower body strength was put to the test. Thirty seconds had passed, and the bull reintroduced the spinning alongside the bucking motion. With a powerful heave, the Gym Leader went flying into the foam wall, woozy from the wild ride.

It was far from the best time - had survived the full minute the timer went up to. When he recovered his senses, he put his name at the bottom of the leaderboard; apparently he had made the top rankings? He guffawed at the green-ette's name being at the top. "Have you been to her show yet?" Josh asked Sven. "It'll blow your mind what she can do with her Pokémon. If you think I'm a wild rider, she's... crazy."

{WC: 390}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 18:15:04 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
The moment Josh, too, hit the wall, he winced in sympathy. But once the gym leader seemed to be on his feet, a sense of relief began to flood over him. Seemed he was resilient enough to bounce back from the sudden head trauma at what was probably a good fifteen miles per hour or more. Though there was something about the offer of trying one of Josh's pokemon back at the gym who would certainly offer more of a challenge. He'd keep a mental note of it for sure. Once they gathered their things, Sven finally chose to speak up on the matter of Shalin's performance.

"Oh yeah? I had the pleasure of meeting Shalin, she was a lot of help with traversing through the Ultra Desert, she definitely seems a bit of a wild child, but I can admire it. I think they said something about a show coming up, how about we go check to see if it's Shalin's?"

Thankfully according to signs, the stage was just a few bobs and weaves through the crowd. As Sven took the lead, he passed by a group of people who were really into a game of the Dugtrio Ring Toss. He happened to witness the final toss and saw the thrower ring the Dugtrio with no problem. A clap was offered, impressed at the handiwork. But he was getting distracted. The stage, right.

With his thoughts thrown off, it was a bit more of a guess to where they were going. Thankfully he was able to walk with confidence and soon found his way once more. It seemed they were beginning to set up, so the pair was early. Not that Sven minded waiting. A glance to Josh and an arch of his brow showed the sense of curiosity he had to offer.

"Do you think this'll be Shalin's show? I don't mind staying if it's not, but I don't want to keep you if you have no interest."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,950 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 3:22:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's racing helmet certainly came in handy. There was a reason he had RaiCorp's technology integrated with both his Sygna Suit and his standalone head protection. "The Ultra Desert? Arceus, they have her mapping the Ultra Wilds, too?" Josh rolled his eyes. They really would ask anyone remotely competent for help with that treacherous task, wouldn't they? "Well, you're still here, so you clearly were in good hands. Arceus, wild child is an understatement."

As the two passed the field, Josh looked at the sign outside, confirming it was indeed the Captain-in-Training's exhibit. "It's not supposed to start for another half hour, it seems. We're a bit early, but this is definitely it." He pointed to the saddle on the Shiny Beedrill crawling around on the other side of the chain-link fence. "Wacko, she is. I've tried flying on one before, and the vibration is so much to adjust to," he related his experience with his own giant Beedrill, who was still in League custody. "I don't know how she does it." Despite the two regularly crossing paths, Josh had never actually seen the Rustboro Ranger in her Sygna Suit before. If it had powers like the ones Josh had to withstand ludicrous speed, this would be a good show. He sat down next to Sven, knowing exactly why he was given earplugs...

{WC: 223}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:15:25 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"She's determined, that's how she does it," he insisted.

Sven shifted in his seat a bit. While he didn't know Shalin as well as he knew Josh, it was blatantly clear that the ranger had plenty of nerve. She and Josh shared that in common -- both wild in their own aspects. He was lightning, quick to strike and volatile. Shalin was the wind, violent in its wake yet gone without a trace. At least those were the impressions that he got from the two. Two sides of the same coin. But hey, that's what made both interesting people in their own right.

"I dunno, I guess I probably have overwhelming optimism coursing through my veins, but I like to think she's got plenty of potential to do something great."

He was quick to flash a warm smile to accompany the words he offered. It was, in a sense, his acknowledgment that Shalin had a bright future with the rangers. They needed wild and unpredictable, but as long as she didn't suffer any harm, then she was golden. His train of thought was cut short the moment the curtain rose to reveal the setup for the audience. What sort of show would Shalin offer to the crowd?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 0:04:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: