5,965 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Dragon's Eye View [S]{AmiGo][C/Leonidas]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 0:49:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was nothing like soaring Hoenn's skies on the back of a dragon and making new friends in the process. One of Josh's most memorable moments in the Hoenn region was bringing joy to when thet two soared the skies on Resheph, his Dragonair. It was unfortunate that he simply could not find the room for her on his belt today. He instead brought Sidewinder the Dragapult as his serpentine dragon of choice.

Six of Josh's strongest, most trusted dragon Pokémon walked, hovered, and floated near him as he walked toward not far from Mauville City's west gate. All six wore riding gear, including cocoon saddles to prevent their riders from falling off no matter how intense the flight got. Seated on Ao, his Roaring Moon, the short-legged dragon approached the fellow dragon lover he had met on the AmiGo app. Tiamat's short wings fluttered rapidly and intermittently, waiting for Josh to take his turn in her saddle and rocket above Hoenn at blistering speed. The humming wings of Verte the Flygon spiked in volume periodically to keep the yawning, TRUANT Salamence named Yosei awake. Kokusho's three heads looked surprisingly content; the normally moody Hydreigon genuinely looked forward to a fun playdate in the sky, as did Sidewinder the Dragapult, who was looking forward to taking his rider, or riders, un a jaunt through the ethereal.

The Mauville Gym Leader called out to . "Morning! Nice to at last meet you in person. This should be a fun way to spend a good part of the day!" If only Josh could spread that enthusiasm to his lazy Salamence...

{WC: 274}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Sidewinder      Dragapult         Good
Verte           Flygon            Good
Yosei           Salamence         Good
Kokusho         Hydreigon         Good
Tiamat          Dragonite         Good
Ao              Roaring Moon      Good

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 16:17:51 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","leonidas"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

The morning skies proved to be as crisp as ever.[break][break]

Yet with the summer season in full force, there was little doubt in his mind that the aforementioned crispness would dwindle and flee before long, with the embrace of almost blistering warmth between recent days standing within its place. It was something that he had to think his early bird behavior for, truly— because if not for his tendencies and affinities for embracing the morning air with open arms for better or for worse, he wouldn’t be outside and taking in the scenery while awaiting the arrival of a particular young man—not much younger than himself, if he remembered correctly—after crossing paths on the summer’s latest and hottest app.[break][break]

A gym leader, even. Small world.[break][break]

Titles and status mattered not, though— or they shouldn’t have, at the very least. It was a simple day off, as far as he was concerned, and one that was much needed in lieu of recent past. A breather. One that he found himself all too reluctant to embrace both then and within the present day, yet one that he knew he would need before long.[break][break]

So he simply enjoyed the early hours alongside his own group—a duo of Noivern and their fledgling Noibat, accompanied only by a duo of Garchomp, as well as an Altaria, of whom’s feathers shone a radiant gold within the brewing daylight. He leaned against the form of one of his most trusted within the bunch—Orion, one of the Noiverns present—as he gently poked and played with the Noibat fluttering about.[break][break]

Before long, though, the sight of approaching figures met his eye in the distance, and it was the call that resonated across the clearing upon their arrival that only settled the final nail in the coffin.[break][break]

”Mister Devlin! It’s good to see you, too!” he called out, a natural and familiar smile tugging upon his lips as he lifted an arm into the air, waving. ”I’m surprised you were so eager to fly at this time, honestly. Not many people are willing to be early birds~.”[break][break]

He turned towards Orion once more, reaching for one of the pouches resting upon his saddle before pulling a bag of baked goods and treats he’d bought from one of his go-to cafe’s before settling in at their meeting place.[break][break]

”Hope you and your Pokemon don’t mind a little snack before we take off. Figured I may as well get something for you guys~.”

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".leonidas"]--accent:#914ecf;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,965 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 5:30:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Leonidas' approaching retinue of dragons was equally impressive. The Noivern, Garchomp, and Altaria all looked like they were well-trained and could hold their own, both in battles of strength and of speed. Josh returned the greeting wave, Yosei lazily tilting his head and weakly waving a claw toward the approaching trainer. "I used to be a night owl," Josh remarked, "but being a Gym Leader necessitates I be an early riser. Gym Leader Devlin or Elite Ranger Devlin, but please, you can call me Josh."

The Gym Leader looked pleasantly surprised at Leonidas' hospitality. "You didn't have to, Leonidas! Is it okay if I call you Leo?" Regardless of the answer he got, he would share the generous young man's treats with his own dragon team, Kokusho and Tiamat devouring theirs in single gulps. The rest of Josh's Pokémon, especially Yosei, savored their rolls, donuts, and whatever Leo offered them. "A little extra fuel can't hurt matters, long as they're not overfull!"

Once everyone had their fair share, Josh got back on Ao and held the Roaring Moon's reins, gently pulsing them and getting a cry out of the dragon-type as the force of his stroke reached Ao's halters. Verte's wings started to hum and vibrate in anticipation of getting airborne. "Shall we?" he asked as Ao and Yosei stretched, the Paradox Pokémon far more enthusiastic about it. This was the first time Ao trusted Josh with full control since joining his team. The Leader had ridden the dark dragon before, but always on his autonomy. The Roaring Moon's full speed and power would for the first time be in Josh's hands.

{WC: 274}
{PC: 2}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Sidewinder      Dragapult         Good
Verte           Flygon            Good
Yosei           Salamence         Good
Kokusho         Hydreigon         Good
Tiamat          Dragonite         Good
Ao              Roaring Moon      Good
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights