saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 3:55:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i think this is a win-win situation for lam. no matter what the outcome is, the pr from this will be great for him. what better way is there for a new gym leader to burst onto the scene?"[break][break]

justification for what they're about to do. it does make him feel better about it. not that he was feeling particularly bad to begin with, but still.[break][break]

he turns to his partner, grinning.[break][break]

"let's give him hell."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 6:14:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you really hyped him up, huh."

as a fellow sword boy, kyle had his expectations up. this was the person matias kept bugging to take the next step and be a gym leader, and if he advocated for him, there must be some hype behind it.

still, he scratches the back of his head with matias' comments.

"does he even know you invited me for your challenge?" he knows the elite four's reasoning was some bullshit he made up. "well, i guess it's not that surprising anyways."

the number of friends matias could invite was in the single digits anyways. his options were limited from the start regardless, and kyle was just one of the few that was available at the time.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 15:28:35 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]As far as Lam's concerned, things are off to a pretty decent start. He was expecting to turn up at some point amid the challenges set up for the gym's opening day, but when exactly he's not positive. Luckily it proves to be sooner rather than later.[break][break]

From where he kneels, scratching the belly of his dachsbun, the approach of footsteps disrupts his attention, and it doesn't take long to spot Matias.[break][break]

He gives Bagel Bite one last patpat on the head before his hands plant on his knees to push himself up. When his glance falls on and it clicks into place that Matias brought the top champion along with him as his battle partner, Lam's brows shoot up.[break][break]

Weeeeelllll shit.[break][break]

"Maybe I should just go ahead and call it now, before we even start," he jokes dryly, laughing as he steps forward to meet the both of them. "Really wanna give me a run for my money on day one, huh?" His glance falls on Matias as he says so with an exaggerated sort of grimace, before shifting toward Kyle. His hand sticks out, fingers curling into a loose fist in casual greeting. "Nice to meet the champ properly."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- TELL ME UR REAL TEAM

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 8:13:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"yes, of course he does!"[break][break]

is blissfully unaware of it, actually, as it should become clear by their immediate reaction.[break][break]

across the battlefield, matias laughs as he looks at the new gym leader.[break][break]

"i needed the firepower."[break][break]

without wasting any more time, he cracks a pokeball, calling out his manectric. it's the same one had gifted to him as an electrike.[break][break]

"this will be fun."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 17:03:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nice to meet you too," he greets the gym leader, returning his gesture. "i was honestly surprised to learn he has other friends besides me."

to call him by his first name, as well as talk about him with more than a sentence, was a feat on its own. kyle seems more proud than anything for matias, though part of him still wonders if lam was just inherently trusting with people for this relationship to happen.

he turns to matias as he takes out his pokeball.

"you just didn't have anyone else to invite," he points out.

another manectric joins the field. two of the same pokemon stand side-by-side as they wait for the action to happen.

"you can have first move if you want," kyle offers lam.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 18:30:01 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam's eyes narrow at Matias as he offers his defense. "Did you, though?" Skepticism slips into his voice. Of course he didn't need more firepower.[break][break]
His attention swivels to Kyle, and he offers a playful shrug in response, smile pulling up in a lopsided twist. "Shocking, I know." Lam remains oblivious to the top champion's suspicions about his more trusting nature. It likely wouldn't take much to figure out he's right on the money about it.[break][break]
The dachsbun he was treating is soon recalled as a pair of manectric take the opposite side of the pitch. Rather than any of the birds he's prone using, a sandaconda and clefairy take the field. Spurred to assist her teammate, the clefairy's FRIEND GUARD activates in a protective shroud.[break][break]
The offer draws a laugh. "Isn't that supposed to be my line, here?" He's not going to look a gifthorse in the mouth, though. "Alright, guys - sugar 'n spice, okay?" It's the only cue the pair needs.[break][break]
The clefairy obliges first as she skips cheerfully up to the darker-furred manectric to gift it with a SWEET KISS of greeting before toddling away again. The sandaconda, far less amenable, follows in her wake - and greets the regular manectric sharply as its tail snaps out in a BRUTAL SWING at its forepaws.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- clefairy's FRIEND GUARD ability is active[break][break]
- clefaity uses SWEET KISS on shadow manectric[break]
- sandaconda uses BRUTAL SWING on regular manectric

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 8:43:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that's not true, i could have invited melly. i'm sure she would've shown up."[break][break]

even as he says it, he knows it not to be true. would not have shown up for him, not after all that has happened between them. it's a shame, really, considering how he still considers her a friend.[break][break]

the battle begins with a SWEET KISS that CONFUSES his shadow manectric. it barks as it does its best to MIMIC, however it ends up MIMICKING the BRUTAL SWING which carries it forward to slam into the clefairy.[break][break]

"we'll show them our own sugar 'n spice, kyle."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 3:58:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we have completely different approaches in battle," he retorts to his battle partner for the sake of retorting. "our own sugar and spice is like... actually, sugar and spice does make sense."

the brutal swing throws his manectric away, which is what kyle wanted his pokemon's position in the field to be: away from the action and far away where it can safely do its job.

"discharge!" he shouts. "oh, and don't get too near the other manectric," he follows up in a calmer tone. "let's not get caught in friendly fire."

electricity bursts from the manectric, bolts wildly spreading everywhere. despite the flashiness, only the clefairy was truly damaged by the move.

she wasn't the only one affected necessarily, however. the other manectric's lightning rod gets triggered deliberately by kyle's pokemon to build up its future attacks.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 19:04:34 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam winces as his clefairy takes the doubled up attacks and goes rolling back, only to be zapped by the pulse of discharged electricity. “Ouch.” Clearly, she’s the one in need of a friend guard rather than the sandaconda who watches the two canines from a comfortable distance.[break][break]

Clefairy pulls herself back up at an unsteady totter to retreat back, though, as Lam calls out, “Swap positions!” At least for now, the bulky serpent rushes forward to cover her. While its tail rattles in threat, head rearing up as it eyes each manetric, clefairy seizes the opportunity to heal up. Shaking herself, the Pokémon’s pink, roly poly body kicks off a scattering of replenishing LIFE DEW help her bounce back somewhat.[break][break]

“Put some space between them!” Lam orders the sandaconda, whose head sways back and forth in deliberation. “Sand tomb!” It whips up the concentrated torrent of sandy earth, spewing it in the direction of ’s manectric in the aim of trapping it within the vortex to keep it from boosting the addled, shadow manectric more.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- clefairy's FRIEND GUARD ability is active[break][break]
- clefaity uses LIFE DEW on herself, for the double hit yeowch[break]
- sandaconda uses SAND TOMB on regular manectric [1/4]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 4:26:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"you're sugar and i'm spice. of course it makes sense."[break][break]

and as kyle's manectric gets bombarded with SAND TOMB, it frees up the other manectric on the field to run around freely, empowered by its LIGHTNING ROD that had gathered some spark from the earlier DISCHARGE.[break][break]

the air around them seems to darken for the briefest of moments before a THUNDER shoots out at the clefairy.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 3:50:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i don't think you get the metaphor if i'm the sugar." as far as the dynamic between them goes, he's certain that matias was the one who goes out of his way to be affectionate.

as he watches his manectric grit its teeth into a snarl with sands forming a shell over its electricity, kyle goes for the safer play between the options he has to escape the predicament.

"rain dance, cormag." he instructs from behind.

rain clouds form overhead with a carol-like song from the manectric, forcing precipitation within the gym's enclosure. it starts drizzling all over the battlefield before they rumble and darken in response to matias' manectric's thunder.

kyle supposed it was a nice side effect, since he mostly wanted it to free his own manectric from the sand tomb by loosening each grain of sand by weighing it down with water.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 16:43:51 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The clefairy's LIFE DEW is well-timed. As the pulse of THUNDER crashes into her, Cleo is able to handle it marginally better than she might've before. Wobbly legs push her up as she chatters determinedly. "Pack a punch, meteor mash, Cleo!" Lam directs, as the clefairy picks up speed, little fists balling up as she collides with the canine to deliver a hefty punch.[break][break]

Then the rain begins to fall - and it serves its intended effect. The silt that had been wrapping around the non-shadow manectric loosened, dropping steadily back to the ground in a sludgy mess.[break][break]

"Don't let up on that manectric, either!" Well, they're both manectric, which is sort of confusing, but the sandaconda continues its pursuit of 's. Its tongue darts with a hiss as rain continues to fall, but the serpent lifts its heavy bulk up and weaves from side to side as it slithers forward.[break][break]

Then it crashes back down to the pitch, tearing up the ground around it as it BULLDOZES a path at the manectric.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- clefairy's FRIEND GUARD ability is active[break]
- clefairy zapped by thunder... poor cleo. but she doubles down and uses meteor mash on shadow manectric[break]
- sandaconda's sand tomb no longer active? or at least slowed [2/4][break]
- sandaconda uses bulldoze on manectric

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,098 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 11:54:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

matias is definitely the more affectionate one but only with . the past loves in his life were not shown the same level, though he has yet to stop and think about why.[break][break]

the frown that appears is unrelated, forming at the same time as the rain clouds above.[break][break]

"tch. you know i don't like the rain."[break][break]

shadow!manectric takes the METEOR MASH, grunting in pain only to let loose a torrent of angry FLAMETHROWER that's weakened by the rain above. it seems impulsivity is a trait it shares with its trainer.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,457 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 12:41:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oi, stop doing that," he reprimands matias. "that's disrespectful for the gym leader."

he didn't directly order the pokemon to use an ineffective move, but it's the trainer's fault for instilling unproductive habits on their pokemon they use for the sport of pokemon battling.

almost immediately, he shifts his instructions to mirrors the gym leader's style.

"shock the competition, thunder, cormag!"

the high pitched yowls of the manectric trying to withstand the shaking of the ground got the pokemon's feet unsteady. it backs away, almost moving behind matias' own manectric as it recovers from the blow, before it sounds a howl.

artificial clouds from the rain dance rumble with agitation. thunder falls from the sky, striking the clefairy with a bolt of lightning.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
TAG TEAM
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 6:50:01 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
Lam watches on as the shadow manectric lashes out under the rainfall—not nearly as coordinated with the other as it had been in prior attacks. His brow lifts curiously, and his glance darts to Matias to see if he will redirect it to work with the other again.

“Help your buddy out!” he calls to the sandaconda; the serpent slithering forward to take the brunt of the plume of FLAMETHROWER, though it likely wouldn’t have done much to the clefairy with all this dampening rain.[break][break]

Still, the fire licks off of then sandaconda easily. Rearing up to defend its teammate, it slams its head back down to SKULL BASH the shadowed canine.[break][break]

Despite the sandaconda’s assistance, the second peal of thunder nearly toasts the poor clefairy. She stumbles, reeling from the electric current. A sound builds in her throat as she pinwheels toward the manectric. And then a shrill, pained DISARMING VOICE is shrieked at the canine.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- clefairy's FRIEND GUARD ability is active[break]
- sandaconda takes the flamethrower for clefairy[break]
- clefairy zapped by thunder... again. taking heavy damage, attempts disarming voice on manectric[break]
- sandaconda's sand tomb no longer active? or at least slowed [3/4][break]
- sandaconda uses skull bash on shadow manectric

[googlefont=Poppins]